8.3

Buy on

1. Oct 26, 2022
    Everything new in the Royal version of the game:

Everything new in the Royal version of the game:

New character and party member named KasumiAn entirely new school semester has been added, expanding the story alongside a new PalaceThe new 'Thieves Den' feature lets you visit a huge room full of unlockable bonus content at any time through the pause menu. You can use in-game currency to unlock things like artwork, character models, cutscenes, and musicA number of brand new animated story cutscenesA whole new location called Kichijoji is yours to explore, and it's bigger than any other real world location in the gameKichijoji has a club that you can visit with party members, opening up new social and bonding eventsKichijoji's club features a darts minigame that enhances the effects of baton pass for each characterKichijoji's club also has billiards. There's no actual minigame, but choosing to play billiards strengthens your relationship with every available party member by a small amountKichijoji has a jazz bar that can grant party members level ups and stat boostsKichijoji has a temple where you can permanently increase Joker's SP through meditationKichijoji has a number of shops that offer new services and itemsTwo brand new confidants with their own perksAkechi's social link route has been completely overhauled, slots differently into the storySome confidants (particularly party members) have additional social scenesNew events, such as holidays and additional character scenes, have been added to the calendarNew PersonasNew third form for each party member's PersonaNew enemiesNew weaponsNew armourNew accessoriesNew itemsTwo new story endings The Phantom Thieves now have powerful 'Showtime' attacks — basically tag-team super moves. They're unlocked one by one as the story progressesAll Palaces have been reworked to some degree, although largely they remain the same in terms of layoutSome Palaces have completely new areasJoker now has a grappling hook that lets you access new areas in dungeonsThe grappling hook often leads to secret locations that house 'Will Seeds' — there are three Will Seeds to find in each PalaceEach time you find all three Will Seeds in a Palace, you'll be rewarded with a unique accessoryWill Seeds also restore a bit of the party's SPAll Palace bosses have been reworked in some way, either with additional mechanics or phasesSome Palaces now have additional boss-like enemies and encountersMementos, the randomised dungeon that you can visit when you have free time, has been expanded quite significantly — floors can be bigger and there's more room for exploration in generalMementos now has a shop that sells exclusive goods in exchange for 'flowers' — collectables that you find while exploringA new 'stamp' system has been added to Mementos. Stamps can be found on each floor, and you can spend them on three different bonuses: more exp, more money, and more items. Once activated, these bonuses are permanent, unless you decide to reset themThere are new side quests to complete in MementosRare, unstable shadows can now appear both in Palaces and Mementos. On death, they explode, dealing big damage to all other enemiesThe Velvet Room now offers special optional battles that you can take part in for various rewards (this is also where DLC battles take place)The Velvet Room can now go into a random 'alarm' mode, which powers up persona fusion and other services, but may also result in unexpected fusion results

Ammo now restocks after battle, making guns way more valuable across dungeon runsSome Personas have been rebalanced both in terms of stats and available skillsSome enemies have been rebalanced both in terms of stats and available skillsThe baton pass mechanic has been expanded and is available to all party members from the beginning

The calendar has been reworked in places, allowing for more free time and additional opportunities to interact with your confidantsMorgana doesn't tell you to go to bed quite so much — you generally get a lot more free time at night, even if you can't leave Leblanc'Assist' mechanic gives you recommendations on which confidant to visit and which stat to improveConfidants can now call you after you hang out with them, giving you an additional dialogue choice and therefore another opportunity to strengthen your bond with themSome confidants have reworked perks

New opening movieNew main menu screenNew dialogue text font in the localised releaseSome dialogue windows have new visual effectsNew and additional character portraits in conversationsAround 30 new music tracksNew weather effects have been added depending on the time of year in-gameNew Game Plus now carries over additional bonuses, like HP and SP increases

150+ hours of game play and all that content at $60, now including all DLC for free.
  2. Nov 19, 2022
    it's about time the switch got this masterpiece. the Switch should have gotten it in 2019, but better late than never I guess.
  3. Nov 15, 2022
    incroyable jeu du début à la fin, malgré un dernier acte qui m'a paru un tantinet long. Quelques faiblesses de ci et de là, mais dans l'ensemble un merveilleux voyage qui respecte tous les codes que je connaissais de persona 4 golden récemment découvert également sur pc. Les voleurs fantômes sont une bande de personnages attachants et leur histoire est prenante!
  4. Nov 19, 2022
    Un gran JRPG de los mejores que he jugado
    -Buen Gameplay
    -Sistema Combates muy dinamico y divertido
    -Gran Contenido
    -Una Historia muy interesante
  5. Nov 5, 2022
    A fun RPG that I could take with me on the go. Again Atlus brought a real gem to the Switch. I would play this all day if I could.
  6. Nov 17, 2022
    Amazing game, finally on Switch. Good port, didn't notice any technical difficulties. Sometimes story might force you to follow its path and miss some days - but hey, story plays here main thing. I think the best part is that it's on Switch - since most of the time it's a slow-paced game, meaning you can take it with you everywhere and play everywhere, put on pause if you need to andAmazing game, finally on Switch. Good port, didn't notice any technical difficulties. Sometimes story might force you to follow its path and miss some days - but hey, story plays here main thing. I think the best part is that it's on Switch - since most of the time it's a slow-paced game, meaning you can take it with you everywhere and play everywhere, put on pause if you need to and continue later. A huge variety of characters from which anyone can find their best one. And finally - "Joker from Smash" got his own game on Switch! Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2022
    Persona 5 Royal is a great game that amazes especially with smooth performance (considering on the Switch), great art style and incredible music. The graphic resolution of the game itself (characters, overworld) seem to be somewhere around 720p (docked) but the UI is in 1080p, which is great. The resolution in-game doesn't take away much from the experience and the performance is nearPersona 5 Royal is a great game that amazes especially with smooth performance (considering on the Switch), great art style and incredible music. The graphic resolution of the game itself (characters, overworld) seem to be somewhere around 720p (docked) but the UI is in 1080p, which is great. The resolution in-game doesn't take away much from the experience and the performance is near perfect.

Two things bug me a bit: The calendar "time limit" (only ** days to complete a mission) which leads to unnecessary pressure and the dungeons (palaces) seem to be a bit repetitive.

The story is extremely immersive and the characters have enough depth and diversity to keep you hooked.

I'd definitely recommend this game - especially if you, like me, haven't played Persona 5 before.

Well worth the price!

PS: Please don't spoil yourself the fun by downloading the DLC Personas which are way too overpowered (hint from a YouTube video I recently watched)
  8. Oct 25, 2022
    Overall a great experience. Amazing visuals and a slick style topped of with compelling voice acting and a smooth soundtrack. The gameplay combines the turnbased smt combat a with a clever arcade version of a life sim, making this game highly attractive for teens that still go to school!
  9. Nov 12, 2022
    Perfecto, por fin llega a la hibrida y mejor que nunca. Disfrutándolo como un enano!
  10. Nov 1, 2022
    Great port of a great game! No technical problems, performance is flawless. Feels right at home on the Switch.
  11. Oct 26, 2022
    The original Persona 5 game was my entry into the worlds that Atlus had made in the Shin Megami Universe. The only reason that I did play through it was due to it being a free title with my PlayStation 5 on the ps Plus Collection. I was unsure about the series if it was for me so I always went back and forth if I wanted to spend the money on it.

By the end of my play though it held the

By the end of my play though it held the title as one of the best games I have ever played. I have been holding off on playing through P5 Royal on the hopes that it would come to the Switch. Finally after waiting (way less than others who have been long fans) I have loved getting to re-experience this game and experience the Royal additions on Switch.

Definitely one of the strongest (if not the strongest) ports to come to the switch. The game runs excellent on the aging console. Returning to the soundtrack, art style, and tone of the Persona 5 world has truly been a delight. Running on the oled Switch is the best handheld experience with all the vibrant colors and style of Persona 5. I cannot imagine a better way to replay this or to play it for the first time.

My only critique is the slight hazy effect that is there when playing in handheld. You do quickly get used to it and the game runs very clear when docked so it is not the end of the world and not even enough for me to subtract a point due to it being more on Nintendo than Atlus.

Could not be happier jumping into this game again. I know some are frustrated that it is priced at the full price. Personally I don't mind paying the full amount considering my first play through was from the playstation collection. So I am more than happy to pay for the game to be on Switch. If nothing else it is a fantastic port that I think is worth the cost to show that people want Atlus games and the Persona series to have a permanent home on Switch.
  12. Oct 27, 2022
    This port runs smoothly on the Switch. So far, the story has been amazing. Banging jazz soundtrack as well.
  13. Nov 13, 2022
    Absolutely fantastic game, from start to finish. Superb visuals, soundtrack, story and turn based gameplay. A few complaints like how the confidant system takes too long and some of them are almost useless, and the story taking too much time sometimes, aren't enough to eclipse this absolute gem of a game. You should definitely play this if given the chance.
  14. Nov 17, 2022
    Es un juego bastante bueno y completo puede llegar a cansar o aburrir en ciertos momentos pero eso es algo normal en cualquier rpg ponerle menos seria un insulto o compararlo al nivel de un juego de pokemon.
  15. Nov 1, 2022
    Decian que nunca llegaria y AQUI esta, uno de los mejores JRPG de la historia.
  16. Nov 7, 2022
    The game on switch handheld è wonderful legendary . digital foundry are pain in the ass . The best game on portable
  17. Oct 26, 2022
    Best JRPG i ever played. Really beautiful game. Don't read my review, just play it.
  18. Nov 18, 2022
    Playing this game now for 2. time on Switch after PS4 is reminiscing. The game stands as strongly as before. No perfomance issues, simply amazing gaming experience.
  19. Nov 14, 2022
    Easily one of the best RPGs of all time, the game has such an exciting world and tries to improve upon older RPG tropes set up by old RPG greats like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. The Shin Megami spin-off has always had a broad appeal thanks to the characters and mechanics, with this entry being a bit simpler than the older ones, the story is rather gripping, the mechanics of lifeEasily one of the best RPGs of all time, the game has such an exciting world and tries to improve upon older RPG tropes set up by old RPG greats like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. The Shin Megami spin-off has always had a broad appeal thanks to the characters and mechanics, with this entry being a bit simpler than the older ones, the story is rather gripping, the mechanics of life simulation to dungeon crawling are rather fun, it is a game meant to be style first, but there is plenty of substance within it that makes the game stick the landing and rather favorable for everyone. It might drag on toward the end thanks to its lengthy story. But every minute really knows how to grip the player into wanting to push forward. The only issues I have with it might not be too much on the game's fault but rather some issues with graphics and pricing, Atlus still wants to market this and charge the standard price for this game even though it's a re-release of a game that came out for Playstation about five years ago at the time of writing (the base Persona 5 game came out in April 2017, Royal was 2020, but I still consider this Persona 5 at the end of the day). And the Switch has some of the lower quality in terms of graphics, models, and the like, but that's just a surface-level critique in my opinion others might expect more if they pay for something at that price and it looks rather poor, this doesn't really lessen the experience as much for most people due to the game just being overall fun for everyone, it's a great game and easily deserves some time if you're willing to give it that. Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2022
    This is the best JRPG I've ever played in my 35 years of gaming. It's thoroughly enjoyable and I can recommend it to anyone.
  21. Oct 22, 2022
    I can’t believe this game is on Switch. And how well this game runs. Its a miracle!
  22. Oct 24, 2022
    It can't run on switch they said. It loads faster than the ps4 version.
  23. Oct 22, 2022
    Perfect game, this review has to be longer so don’t mind this part of the review
  24. Oct 22, 2022
    One of my favorite games of all time, really. I bought the original on my PS4, and upgraded to Persona 5 Royal because I really saw how good the original Persona 5 was, and I really don't regret it one bit, got 375 hours and counting with New Game+ on my PS4. Absolutely amazing game, good story, good gameplay and just absolutely worth it all over.
  25. Oct 24, 2022
    I’m not disappointed, i waited for this game so long and it worth it ! Much better than P3 and P4 !
  26. Oct 23, 2022
    A perfect port of a great game. I really appreciate the fact that the UI is in native resolution even if the world around it isn’t, it makes for a great experience on the go with consistent frame rate and cool visuals.
  27. Oct 23, 2022
    this game is so GOOD. the SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING. i love everything here, AWESOME
  28. Nov 4, 2022
    Trust me, I know that I'm in the very fringe minority here giving this game a '5'. Blasphemy in many gaming circles. The combat was very well designed, so too were the enemy concepts. I also enjoyed the themes the story was playing with too. I know that the issue is within me that I gave this game a 5, not the game itself. It's trying to be a very particular game and it does exceptionallyTrust me, I know that I'm in the very fringe minority here giving this game a '5'. Blasphemy in many gaming circles. The combat was very well designed, so too were the enemy concepts. I also enjoyed the themes the story was playing with too. I know that the issue is within me that I gave this game a 5, not the game itself. It's trying to be a very particular game and it does exceptionally well at being exactly what it wants to be. I just in no way can stand what it wants to be. It just simply isn't for me, no matter how many genuine attempts I make to try and like this kind of thing. I just greatly dislike it. My '5' rating is purely off of my own tastes and doesn't speak poorly about the game itself. Despite me thinking that the game itself isn't very good. People who like this type of thing, will love this game. You see, it's funny; if you say you dislike this game people get very angry with you. I realized while writing this, I was walking on egg shells. In all blunt honesty... People that like turn base a lot or this style of animation will adore this game. But I couldn't wait to be done with it. I want to give it a 3 or a 4 for how much I dislike this type of art style (even though it was well done) but I still find myself raising it to a 5 because the combat was fun! Expand
  29. Oct 23, 2022
    "Just what is it that makes this game better than any other average JRPG?" Is something I would ask myself constantly when I first played this game. The art direction is stellar but the turn-based combat hasn't added anything new to the formula, the story is written superficially, and none of these characters have depth that feels genuine. Attempting to get through it again with the port"Just what is it that makes this game better than any other average JRPG?" Is something I would ask myself constantly when I first played this game. The art direction is stellar but the turn-based combat hasn't added anything new to the formula, the story is written superficially, and none of these characters have depth that feels genuine. Attempting to get through it again with the port and see if I just didn't give it a fair chance, these thoughts are repeating.
    So the answer is nothing. It's not.

Persona 5 hides how painfully average it is through flashy aesthetics and pretty art. Leaving out how inaccessible it is if you're not playing in a brightly lit room and get migraines from the saturated red that flashes every two minutes, it's a fantastic game to look at. It's visually pleasing right down to the fonts it chooses. This is the only aspect of the game that shines.

The story is at it's absolute high at the very beginning, it smacks you over the head with how power structures enable abusers to stay at the top. Which is fantastic but as the game progresses it constantly contradicts itself, reflecting how either the writers did not properly communicate or fully understand what they were commenting on in the first place. Any criticism of the story in Persona games is often twisted by the fanbase as they herald it to be the pinnacle of video game literature, accusing others of lacking media literacy while they themselves are a modern Tolstoy. This is why I gave it another chance... To see if they actually had a point.

As for the gameplay, while pretty, the dungeons require zero thought to get through. As long as you explore every room, you're bound to beat the "puzzles." Combat is vanilla SMT with watered down demon negotiations. The game is artificially lengthened by bloating it with repetitive dialog, drawn out subplots, surface level social simulation, and unnecessary mechanics that simulate how it feels to watch grass grow in real time.
    The Switch port runs fantastic though. They did a great job optimizing it.

Persona 5 Royal is a game that succeeded in marketing something that seemed like it was more than it ultimately was. There's really nothing left to say about it.
  30. Nov 14, 2022
    Just another re-release for some reason. Waste of time and money, make a new game.
  31. Nov 23, 2022
    Hey it's on the switch now
    10/10 get the game on sale when its cheap

One of the best games ever
  32. Dec 6, 2022
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Besser als auf ps4
    Bestes Spiel aller zeiten
  33. Nov 29, 2022
    This game is really good and the switch version runs very smoothly, worth a pick up
  34. Nov 22, 2022
    Such a fantastic game, every little part of it makes you want to play more and more; It's amazing to have that many possibilities in a JRPG game, from the place you want to work to who you want to be friends with. Even if you've already played it, you must take Persona 5 With you in your backpack.
  35. Nov 22, 2022
    I was super excited to finally play this highly-acclaimed JRPG. Unfortunately this is 75% dialogue, and there can be hours of that between actual enemy areas. Its a beautiful game and I did enjoy my time, but had to stop before I got to the 4th boss. The combat is fun, but ultimately too easy, especially coming from SMT5. Its not a bad game at all, I'm sure great, but not great for me
  36. Nov 29, 2022
    If you like Jrpg, you need a most play to persona.i love it atlas. Design is good
  37. Nov 29, 2022
    This game is **** PERFECT!!!, but deep down, it's true. The ending part is better.

Universal acclaim - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 14, 2022
    Persona 5 Royal is a title for every video game lover. The style and art direction have characterized it and finished establishing the franchise. Its arrival on new consoles will only allow more people to enjoy one of the best games that Atlus has made with this team. The only problem is its enormous duration that, for some, could seem unnecessary amid excellent character development that immerses the player in their world.
    If you're looking for something to play at the coffee shop or on the train, then I'd recommend picking up Persona 5 Royal on Nintendo Switch. It might be best experienced on other consoles, but playing one of the greatest games of this decade on the go sounds pretty nice to me.
  3. Oct 31, 2022
    The Switch has had a good run of major ports lately, and Persona 5 Royal is no exception. It may have taken a while to get here, but the journey is more than worthwhile for new and returning Thieves. And now, Smash fans will finally know who Joker really is.