5.9

1. Aug 10, 2019
    I made a metacritic account just to rate this game, I’ve been a metacritic user for going on 3 years but nothing has incited me into reviewing a game until this game, it’s fun, I love it, but those cheap pieces of **** who ported it did a garbage job, the game is riddled with bugs. I’m about 4 hours in and it has completely crashed twice, so if you’re gonna play it, save often. The textI made a metacritic account just to rate this game, I’ve been a metacritic user for going on 3 years but nothing has incited me into reviewing a game until this game, it’s fun, I love it, but those cheap pieces of **** who ported it did a garbage job, the game is riddled with bugs. I’m about 4 hours in and it has completely crashed twice, so if you’re gonna play it, save often. The text scrambled into nonsense, it lags, literally BOTW is about 3088 times more graphically intensive and doesn’t lag, but this game does, the selection system needs work, it will randomly grab onto something and that’s the only thing you can select, and now that I’m typing this, meta critic needs help too, I can’t read what I’m typing on my phone because their site is garbage too, kinda funny... Expand
  2. Aug 10, 2019
    Love the game on PC. But do not buy it for Switch, at least for now.. There are some major bugs going on. :/
  3. Aug 12, 2019
    Mixed impressions of the game. On the one hand, it is gorgeous (played about 15 hours). On the other hand, there are a lot of bugs in it: textures disappear, there are problems with fonts, the image disappears, NPCs do not appear / disappear.
    I won’t talk about a strong discharge of the battery - it’s enough for 2-3 hours of play, and then I usually charge it later.
    But bugs do not allow
    But bugs do not allow playing further, so I decided to write a review. It remains to wait for patches for the game, which was released back in 2015, fixed over time, but was still ported in 2019 with tons of bugs.
  4. Aug 12, 2019
    Too many bugs disrupt the experience but will revise review if patched. I had thought bugs would be gone by now since release, but it's not the case. Is a shame, was looking forward to this.
  5. Aug 12, 2019
    Pillars is, at its core, an amazing game. I loved the story, the level of detail and content put into making it be as it is.

That said, this is my second platform on which I'm playing it, and oh my, is the Switch port buggy. No crashes, so that's a positive. The UI is completely messed up: fonts get corrupted during gameplay so all text turns into weird glyphs. Icons of items in your

No crashes, so that's a positive.

The UI is completely messed up: fonts get corrupted during gameplay so all text turns into weird glyphs. Icons of items in your gear and inventory overwrite each other, so sometimes a bow looks like a cloak, or a lock pick looks like a potion.

Both of these bugs trigger easily within the first few minutes of playing the game. As such, I can't believe that this bug isn't known. Pretty shameful performance on the part of the author/porting team.
  6. Aug 9, 2019
    what a good game, if you are mature enough, great rpg, great port, love the switch gamming expirience this console is really a playing station
  7. Aug 8, 2019
    Muy buen juego con unas excelentes mecanicas, el luce muy bien tanto en modo portátil como en sobremesa
  8. Aug 14, 2019
    Versus Evil did a VERY POOR job on this port. It is incredible to me that it was released with a $70 price tag in its current state. Unbelievable.
  9. Aug 13, 2019
    First, the actual game is amazing! Great story, great characters, great gameplay!
    However, the switch port is absolute GARBAGE. How can one release such a buggy game?!?! Sorry, but the game is 4 years old and the Switch is also out for quite a while, so there was enough time to get rid of these obvious bugs! There is a huge amount of glitches, text and icons are messed up and there are frame rate drop. Games like BOTW or Doom are running great on the Switch but this game has drops in the frame rate. Please tell how that is possible??? This port is a joke!! For a 4 year old game and 40 bucks, I would expect a smoothly running game. I tolerate some bugs but every few seconds you spot a new bug - ridiculous!! I will revise my review once the bugs are fixed but this makes me really angry!
  10. Aug 13, 2019
    I also made a metacritic account just to rate this game.

The nintendo switch port of this game is the hands-down worst game I've ever payed for. The sheer number of bugs in the game are mind-boggling. They are enough and are so prevalent that it makes me doubt that any of the actual "critic" reviews actually played the nintendo switch port. The bugs include: 1. All text on the
    I also made a metacritic account just to rate this game.

The bugs include:
    1. All text on the screen being completely unreadable.
    2. Icons for items in your inventory being incorrect.
    3. The combat log not displaying the most recent entry due to a padding issue at the bottom.
    4. Chanters not being able to chant ever.
    5. Game randomly crashing.
    6. Ranged damage not being calculated at all (causing range damage characters to deal 0 damage always)

and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. There are plenty of additional problems like extreme battery consumption and laggy play that are indicators of a poor job done with the port in general.

With the mix of both non-mechanically significant but extremely prevalent bugs and actual game-breaking mechanical bugs, this should be a hard pass for anyone considering buying it.

Additionally, the controls in game are messy and complicated for the switch to handle making it more difficult than you would expect.

1. Aug 13, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
    Pillars of Eternity’s reputation for quality is well deserved. It’s definitely worth checking out, whether on other platforms or when the Switch version is fixed up. For now, the version on Nintendo’s latest is an interesting curiosity with some pretty heavy issues. And it’s not the first time I’ve seen that phrase used in relation to an Obsidian-developed game published by another company.
  3. Aug 13, 2019
    During the sixty to seventy hours it takes to make your way through the main story and DLC on offer in Pillars Of Eternity (much more should you choose, quite rightly, to meander), you’ll meet a cast of unforgettable travelling companions, fight your way through labyrinthian dungeons, explore deserted Dwarven fortresses, become Lord of your very own stronghold and undertake quests as varied as they are beautifully-written and acted. Obsidian has created a heartfelt tribute to the classic 'Infinity Engine' RPGs of old; one that takes the best of those games, delicately updates them and – in the process – becomes something of a classic itself. For RPG fans, this is a must-buy.