2.9

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 19, 2022
    I can understand why people have mixed feelings about this, on one hand we have some of the most intriguing stories and concepts to come to us since Sun and Moon, 3 in total with some new elements to try.

That said, while this does look better than Sword and Sheild, perhaps GF wasn't ready for an open world game since I've seen the issues people have been speaking about, granted it hasn't effected me all that much, then again my current switch is the OLED model, but even so I do hope that GF releases a patch to fix things hopefully soon, as these entries are definitely more engaging than the past 2 were, being able to go wherever you want is nice and I do like several of the new pokemon designs and mechanics as it more enjoyable than Sword and Sheild were.
  2. Nov 19, 2022
    A very fun romp through a new region. Easily the best pokemon games since ORAS, with a nice cast of characters, mysteries to unravel, and new pokemon to catch. General game performance could use work, as npcs and their pokemon can drop frames the further from them you get, but not the point where it detracts from the game to me.
  3. Nov 19, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fuera del rendimiento, lo demás va todo muy bien y te mantiene ocupado mucho tiempo Expand
  4. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokemon Scarlet is the game I dreamed of playing as a little girl. Marred by technical issues that the internet has blown out of proportion, the open world breathes new life into a franchise that had long gone stale, along with some of the best new pokemon designs in generations. On top of all that, the smaller-scope story and exploration of the theme of finding one's own meaning in lifePokemon Scarlet is the game I dreamed of playing as a little girl. Marred by technical issues that the internet has blown out of proportion, the open world breathes new life into a franchise that had long gone stale, along with some of the best new pokemon designs in generations. On top of all that, the smaller-scope story and exploration of the theme of finding one's own meaning in life gives the story staying power that Pokemon games generally don't have.

Final recommendation: If you have ever loved a Pokemon game in the past, you will find something to love in Scarlet and Violet. Best since GSC. Highly recommend, and if they fix the technical problems easy 10/10.
  5. Nov 19, 2022
    Despite the performance issue I think it is the Pokemon game we have been dream up to 25 years. It has wonderful world- building, very fun and quality of life feature update like camping and the camera app. It has the most interesting characters and story- telling and some how the best gameplay in the franchise. The three path contain so much joy and discovers.
  6. Nov 19, 2022
    It is a good game, yes, have bugs but still beging a good game, have one of the best pokemin history and there is a clearly update in all the ways
  7. Nov 19, 2022
    Despite the FPS, the game is a 10. The content is huge and the possibilities are infinite! 100%recommended
  8. Nov 19, 2022
    For context: I bought the game physically. I have barely experienced any real significant framerate drops. I would say as of writing I am halfway through the game. I haven't encountered much in the way of glitches. I have been playing with friends using the union circle.

I would say this game, with some patches to clean up some stability and glitches that others might be experiencing, a solid 8 out of 10. Maybe with some DLC it might even become higher.
  9. Nov 19, 2022
    Lovely game with cute and funny characters, a story that I liked more than previous titles like Black & White, and an open world never seen before.
  10. Nov 19, 2022
    The performance issues are well documented and for the most part valid. I won’t make any excuses for the frame rate drops and general bugs the game has on release. However, the gameplay and storyline are excellent. I can’t stop playing the game and just exploring what is a truly vast and open world. I love so many of the characters and the new Pokémon are some of the best in recentThe performance issues are well documented and for the most part valid. I won’t make any excuses for the frame rate drops and general bugs the game has on release. However, the gameplay and storyline are excellent. I can’t stop playing the game and just exploring what is a truly vast and open world. I love so many of the characters and the new Pokémon are some of the best in recent generations. I do hope they can patch as many of the technical issues as possible, but it’s nonsensical for this game to have a lower score than Sword and Shield. This game is my favorite of a new generation since Gen 5 and I hope everyone gives it a shot! Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2022
    My Experience with this game so far is Amazing yes there some problems with the game but That doesn't Let me have so much fun with Pokemon Scarlet and Violet I love this New open World Pokemon game and cant wait to see Where this games goes foward
  12. Nov 19, 2022
    ive never played a game this **** good this makes soul silver look like **** this has to be the greatest game ever next to over the hedge on the ps2
  13. Nov 19, 2022
    The game itself is fun. The world is very lovey and nice and the freedom the game gives you is great. The characters are amazing as well and I can say that this is a good pokémon game. However the fact that it runs absolutely horrible compared to other more demanding games on the switch is really absurd. If the game released without the stuttering, lags, and frame drops, I can say this isThe game itself is fun. The world is very lovey and nice and the freedom the game gives you is great. The characters are amazing as well and I can say that this is a good pokémon game. However the fact that it runs absolutely horrible compared to other more demanding games on the switch is really absurd. If the game released without the stuttering, lags, and frame drops, I can say this is one of the best pokémon games out there. Expand
  14. Nov 19, 2022
    When I said that Legends Arceus would be nominated for best RPG of the year, I was not wrong.
    Many people doubt Game Freak when they have always done their job with passion and dedication to maintaining consistency.
    Scarlet and Violet are no exception, tremendously fun games and full of things to do.
    The simplified RPG par excellence and that should be an example to follow.
  15. Nov 20, 2022
    Awesome game, try it out for yourself instead of falling for the negative reviews!
  16. Nov 19, 2022
    Have you ever wondered what it would be like to shove a Nymble 'down there' and lay back in repose as she bucks her way out?

Well after playing this game, I have. And that's why this game is a Perfect 10. It's a Nymble-bucking-good game.
  17. Nov 20, 2022
    Despite lacking visuals and frame rate, I think this is a game well worth the money, the free open world is fun to explore and the pokemon that roam the world fill it with charm. The story is also something to write home about, being near black and white level story telling. Overall its a good game, but please fix the graphics GameFreak!
  18. Nov 19, 2022
    Pretty good actually. There are some graphical issues but the gameplay, characters, and Pokemon were really fun this time around.
  19. Nov 19, 2022
    i think its fun but holy crap its buggy also aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats all i just needed it to be 75 characters long
  20. Nov 19, 2022
    En un fandom lleno de hipocresía y gente que se pelea por nimiedades como gráficos. Donde impera el discurso de odio sobre la gente que simplemente disfruta lo que Pokémon plantea en su esencia. Este juego que une dos corrientes de gusto común (mundo abierto y tradicionalismo), en donde la literal premisa trata de cómo intenta el pasado como el futuro coexistir.
    Es la cura que necesitaba
    Es la cura que necesitaba el fandom para dejar de ser tan divisivo y abandonar esa dinámica de 'Haters vs Fans'. Pero veo que aunque hay gente reacia, muchos estamos disfrutando la aventura que Paldea presenta con sus mecánicas tradicionales de la tan amada fórmula Pokémon y la tendencia actual de implementar el mundo abierto.
  21. Nov 20, 2022
    Buen juego con buena historia y un mundo abierto divertido de recorrer. El mayor problema son los bajones de fps, pero eso no hace que el juego deje de ser disfrutable y es un paso respecto a leyendas arceus. En cuanto a los Bugs, en mi caso solo he visto problemas pequeños sin importancia, lo que me hace dudar de la existencia de algunos Bugs de los que tanto se hablan.
  22. Nov 19, 2022
    Muy buen juego, la verdad que el mundo abierto le ha sentado genial. Me encanta que puedas elegir por dónde ir sin que te marquen el camino. El único fallo es el tema de los bugs, q hay muchos. Y como detalle por ponerme crítica diría que cuesta de ver los pokemons, al igual sí los hicieran más grandes serían más fáciles de ver. Y, personalmente, la paleta de colores de espada y escudo meMuy buen juego, la verdad que el mundo abierto le ha sentado genial. Me encanta que puedas elegir por dónde ir sin que te marquen el camino. El único fallo es el tema de los bugs, q hay muchos. Y como detalle por ponerme crítica diría que cuesta de ver los pokemons, al igual sí los hicieran más grandes serían más fáciles de ver. Y, personalmente, la paleta de colores de espada y escudo me gustaba más. Pero sigo diciendo q esto son detalles menores. Me gusta la historia, el poder hacer realmente lo q quieras. El que hayan clases, gimnasios y dos historias más. Me parece que la saga va por buen camino. Ah! Una cosa más, me encantaría que se pudiera volver a entrar en las casas ajajja me encantaba entrar en ellas a buscar cosas. PD: le pongo un 10, aunque pondría un 9, pero es que no considero que tenga que tener una nota tan baja de media en general. Porque la saga pokemon está yendo en buena dirección Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Posiblemente el juego de pokemon más adicto, aún así los fallos técnicos son imperdonables Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2022
    Yes it has some performance issues but the game is really fun. Way more fun than SWSH
  25. Nov 19, 2022
    如果不是这个逆天优化和bug,它可以是近十年来最优秀的宝可梦,说实话这次的开发世界质量是远远超出我的预期的,可以看出花了很多心思去打磨这个世界,料多且整个流程设计十分优秀,整体看下来游戏进度很快,坐骑和letsgo系统都让玩家的心流体验十分顺畅,而且这一作无缝衔接的音乐和优秀的剧情都相当值得一提,是真的找回了十多年前那种宝可梦的'冒险'的感觉了。
    同时bug多,优化差且不提,大量删改确实很糟糕,城市纯纯模型啥东西都没有,希望赶快补好优化吧,不要糟蹋了好不容易来的这么好的一作
    同时bug多,优化差且不提,大量删改确实很糟糕,城市纯纯模型啥东西都没有,希望赶快补好优化吧,不要糟蹋了好不容易来的这么好的一作
  26. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokémon Scarlet/Violet certainly doesn't deserve a rating above 90. But it really irritates me how the game was rated by the press in comparison to Legends Arceus. And now how they were rated by the community, too. I don't think the game is a step backwards on that. Yes, the game sometimes runs with less fps than in Legends Arceus. But the graphics look better overall. In addition, therePokémon Scarlet/Violet certainly doesn't deserve a rating above 90. But it really irritates me how the game was rated by the press in comparison to Legends Arceus. And now how they were rated by the community, too. I don't think the game is a step backwards on that. Yes, the game sometimes runs with less fps than in Legends Arceus. But the graphics look better overall. In addition, there are many things that make Scarlet and Violet better. The open world, for example, fascinates me even more. Unfortunately my english is not the best. So let's make it short: Scarlett and Violet are one of the best Pokémon Games I have ever played. I would normally give an 8. But I want to counter the bad ratings. The games definitely don't deserve a rating below 3. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2022
    Any score given to the game that's less than 7 is an obvious troll or someone who didn't play the game and just listens to everything the media has to say. Graphically, it's easier on the eyes than Legends or SwSh ever was. The water doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the two games I just listed, and at its worst, SV will experience some momentary FPS drops. When it comes to the actualAny score given to the game that's less than 7 is an obvious troll or someone who didn't play the game and just listens to everything the media has to say. Graphically, it's easier on the eyes than Legends or SwSh ever was. The water doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the two games I just listed, and at its worst, SV will experience some momentary FPS drops. When it comes to the actual game, it is one of the pokemon games I have enjoyed the most. The open world allows for the player to essentially do whatever they please as soon as the Treasure Hunt begins. There is no set path, and you can immediately start tackling the more challenging areas if that is what you desire. The best part is that the handholding is kept at a minimum. These two things are what the fanbase has been asking for since BOTW's conception, and Gamefreak did a nice job doing this. The game also provides what I believe to be, a hard hitting story, with the 3 main characters who you help along the way. Arven, Nemona, and Penny. All 3 are very compelling and I felt instant attachment to each one. This is the most pleased I have been with the story as far as I can remember. All in all, SV is a good game and is being unfairly judged. Would recommend to anyone. Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2022
    I give it a 10 because everyone hating on it for its visuals technical issues and fps drops but it’s some of the best Pokémon games I’ve ever played and Pokémon has never really had good graphics. PLAY THE GAME
  29. Nov 19, 2022
    Gráficamente Pokemon es un juego que deja mucho que desear en cuánto experiencia, frescura e historia estamos ante uno de los mejores títulos principales Pd: odio las caídas de Fps espero lo arreglen pronto con futuro parches
  30. Nov 19, 2022
    It doesn't the same as CyberPunk 2077 at all!!
    This game is playable from start to finish and I didn't come across any game breaking bugs.
    What you see on the internet is called the nitpick effect, a small percentage of people report bugs that don't happen to the vast majority (like me). Outside of the controversy, it is a completely enjoyable game, and a great Pokémon (as it always
    It doesn't the same as CyberPunk 2077 at all!!

Outside of the controversy, it is a completely enjoyable game, and a great Pokémon (as it always is).
    Game Freak doesnt disappoint.
  31. Nov 19, 2022
    The same is a lot of fun, the open world is very big and is a joy to explore. I love the characters and new pokemon. Sure there are some performance issues, but they will be patched out at which point I would up this to a 10.
  32. Nov 19, 2022
    It's a fun game for Pokémon standards. the performance is jarring but I can overlook it for the sake of overall enjoyment out of playing. The Pokémon are charming and well designed, the music is good, and the game doesn't hold your hand as much as previous titles (although it does take a while to pick up). Once it does, it's great fun. I think Pokémon is heading in a good direction, butIt's a fun game for Pokémon standards. the performance is jarring but I can overlook it for the sake of overall enjoyment out of playing. The Pokémon are charming and well designed, the music is good, and the game doesn't hold your hand as much as previous titles (although it does take a while to pick up). Once it does, it's great fun. I think Pokémon is heading in a good direction, but optimization is badly needed. Expand
  33. Nov 19, 2022
    The game is actually very fun, they did a very good job with all the new features and updates to models. The game does suffer from performance issues unfortunately, but that's not nearly enough to ruin the experience overall, not even close.
    It's a very enjoyable game
  34. Nov 19, 2022
    This game would be great if it wouldnt have poor graphics and performance issues.

The open world exploration is fantastic. The world is huge and vertical and it has actual level design like Botw or Elden Ring. Not just a flat round area like Horizon or Witcher or Assassins Creed, this style of open world design is outdated in 2022. Speaking of outdated, yeah the graphics are still

Speaking of outdated, yeah the graphics are still like a 3DS game and the performance is bad. Pop ins are terrible and the framerate is very unstable. This might be better in handheld mode but its still not acceptable for a 60$ game. At least the game doesnt crash or has broken quests.

This is absolutely the right formula for the main series but Game Freak needs to hire better programmers asap.
  35. Nov 19, 2022
    Yes Yes Yes yes Yes.
    This is the game many of us have been waiting for.
    Although I didn't dislike the linear formula of the Pokémon of yesteryear at all.
    This open world approach is more than correct. I loved touring the plains of Paldea with Koraidon.
  36. Nov 19, 2022
    Pokémon escarlate e violeta são obras-primas, também sou a primeira revisão, o que é bom, mas vá jogar este jogo
  37. Nov 19, 2022
    Juego igual de maravilloso que Leyendas Arceus y Espada y Escudo, pero mejorando el apartado gráfico que afligía a los antes mencionados.
    RPG familiar de altisima calidad.
  38. Nov 19, 2022
    This game has so many negative comments. I am playing the game and it's fine. If your game behaves weird make a new save and restart it.
  39. Nov 19, 2022
    The hand holding from SM is gone, open world pokemon has arrived and as a gen wunner I can say honestly this is an engrossing game experience that blows me away. Graphical issues though initially frustrating fall to the wayside when the wonderful experience kicks in. With every unlock of movement It became more and more clear the vision that gamefreak had; a sprawling pokeworld teemingThe hand holding from SM is gone, open world pokemon has arrived and as a gen wunner I can say honestly this is an engrossing game experience that blows me away. Graphical issues though initially frustrating fall to the wayside when the wonderful experience kicks in. With every unlock of movement It became more and more clear the vision that gamefreak had; a sprawling pokeworld teeming with pokemon. Well I'm glad to live in a pokemon world. Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2022
    It joins to the best Game Freak games along with titles like: Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Ultra Moon, Sword&Shield+Expansion and Legends Arceus"".

The anger and fury that many are showing here with the red 0s seems honestly immature to me. Playable is fun and has an ideal progression system. Over the days, people who played the game authentically and legally will give their positive

Playable is fun and has an ideal progression system. Over the days, people who played the game authentically and legally will give their positive ratings to the game (because its a good game despite some glitches), reversing the bad scores of those who played it illegally before it came out and dont like Pokémon really.
  41. Nov 19, 2022
    Although Sword and Shield have a special place in my heart, this game improves many things on the overall franchise.
    I won't stop saying it, with each game the franchise gets better.
  42. Nov 19, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Solo hay una palabra que describiría a este juego:
    'Adicción'
    Lo digo en serio, desde que uno es rescatado por el legendario hasta llegar a la liga y ver el desenlace de este, es un viaje lleno de capturas y batallas donde el flujo de la diversión no se detiene ningun segundo.
    Tiene uno de los mejores introductorios vistos en un Pokémon.
  43. Nov 19, 2022
    Toda la vida reclamando un Pokémon de mundo abierto y multijugador, para jugar con nuestros amigos. Lo lanzan a 45€, aún así la gente pone el grito al cielo por unos problemas técnicos de framerate, los cuales se arreglarán con futuros parches. Siendo estos problemas menores que los de lanzamientos como Skyrim, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Ark, Rust, etc. En mi opinión, es la entrega deToda la vida reclamando un Pokémon de mundo abierto y multijugador, para jugar con nuestros amigos. Lo lanzan a 45€, aún así la gente pone el grito al cielo por unos problemas técnicos de framerate, los cuales se arreglarán con futuros parches. Siendo estos problemas menores que los de lanzamientos como Skyrim, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Ark, Rust, etc. En mi opinión, es la entrega de Pokémon más revolucionaria y divertida de la historia. Expand
  44. Nov 19, 2022
    De los mejores RPG's que salieron en el año compartiendo la corona con Xenoblade Chronicles 3, otro exclusivo de Nintendo.
    La gente necesita tranquilizarse y saber disfrutar un buen Pokémon, hay mucho odio en el aire.
    Muchas gracias Game Freak.
  45. Nov 19, 2022
    The best of the best, and one of the most entertaining games of the year.
    I don't understand the commotion that is being talked about on Twitter, as soon as I started with it, I can't stop catching Pokémon.
    Seriously, they have put a lot of care into the animations in this installment.
  46. Nov 19, 2022
    Loving it so far. Love the open world. Can’t wait for the DLC. It does have some issues, but I’m sure they can probably fix that with an update.
  47. Nov 19, 2022
    Amazing game, highly recommend it, worth every penny

Pokémon in its maximum expression.
  48. Nov 20, 2022
    Amazing Game, so fun and completa, perfect multiplayer and a lot of content.
  49. Nov 19, 2022
    De lo mejor en el catálogo exclusivo del Switch, lo recomiendo al 100%
    Excelente para los niños como los adultos, yo lo disfrute al igual que mis hijos.
    Realmente me quedo perpleja al ver tantas críticas negativas, de donde salen y basadas en que?, el juego cumple en casi todos sus aspectos.
  50. Nov 20, 2022
    Scarlet and Violet is an ambitious generation that mixes elements from Sword/Shield and Legends Arceus.

Pros Open World The Strategy and Heart Gameplay and Story Cons No Difficulty Scaling Graphics Game Performance The multiplayer in this game is incredible. You can have two people (up to four) running around the world at the same time without an impact on the game’s

Pros
    Open World
    The Strategy and Heart
    Gameplay and Story

Cons
    No Difficulty Scaling
    Graphics
    Game Performance

The multiplayer in this game is incredible. You can have two people (up to four) running around the world at the same time without an impact on the game’s performance, and joining raids is a cinch while linked. Granted, to do so, you need to have two switches and two copies of the game like most switch games.

The story actually put forward an effort. The characters actually had heart this game. Don’t expect anything huge, but it certainly made the game more enjoyable. Not to mention there were several points in the game where I lost battles (because I ran wherever I felt like).

Weak spots in Sword/Shield such as cooking and internet connection have dramatically improved. Cooking has become a full on crafting system. And the internet connection hasn’t caused any problems for me. I’m sure I’ll run into them someday. There’s no way Game Freak’s fixed that. Even raids have improved, allowing all players to act at the same time. No longer do you sit and do nothing as you watch the AI increase their defensive stats.

The biggest detraction from this game is the game performance. This is coming from someone who isn’t a tech genius, but at times (mostly the beginning of the game oddly enough), the screen tore. I can’t identify it in just about any other game, but in Scarlet and Violet it was obvious. And catching Pokemon is a little awkward considering where the Pokeball lands. The terrain in general is usually pretty rough as well. In summary the moves look nicer than they ever have on Switch, but everything else is lacking in the graphics department. And looking at all the bad reviews, they're dumping 0-2's purely on graphics lol.

In conclusion, this is the best Pokemon game on Switch for the casual player. If you aren’t into collecting every species, online battling, shiny hunting, or anything usually reserved for the “postgame,” Scarlet and Violet delivers a fun experience.
  51. Nov 20, 2022
    Don't let discord raiders and haters try to ruin your enjoyment if this game. These games are honestly the best pokémon games ever released. Honestly, how do people just go to review bomb a good game function in the real world?
  52. Nov 19, 2022
    Characters, music, story, gameplay, variety, freedom, new pokemon designs, location design, quality of life and amount of content are all exceptionally good. Please don't let other reviews dissaude you. Gameplay-wise, this may be the best Pokemon game I've played, and I've played all of them. It's by far the most fun for me.
    The only issues so far have been minor glitchy behaviour/low FPS
    The only issues so far have been minor glitchy behaviour/low FPS mostly from background characters and animated objects, which personally don't really bother me at all, since none of it really affects gameplay; as well as a lack of clothing customisation in terms of not being able to wear a skirt or a dress, which kinda bugs me. But again, these are minor, trivial problems that have not been a detriment to my experience in nearly 40hrs of gameplay already. Any casual or veteran pokemon fans will enjoy this as long as you're not terminally online and/or very easily annoyed by buggy graphics. Content creators and news outlets online benefit from outrage, and these bugs are a very easy thing to point at to make people upset at a game they haven't experienced for themselves yet.
    Overall I would strongly recommend this game to the majority of Pokemon fans and newcomers to the series alike. It just might be hard to go back to older games after playing through a game this fun.
  53. Nov 20, 2022
    Hay mucho odio por aquí, este rating no es fiable así como yo puedo poner esta puntuación.
  54. Nov 20, 2022
    Hi, I can see a lot of people hating this game, but as I can see it, you have 2 opcions:
    -you can enjoy an amazing open world and a lot of new ways to play pokemon, with a lot of new pokemon on it
    -you start looking to a person which is far from you and start crying because he's not moving right
  55. Nov 20, 2022
    The games are pretty good and the next step in the Pokemon franchise. There are some performance issues due to the outdated hardware of the switch and there are some rare bugs that GF should fix asap. Beside that the games are perfect. Pokemon are roaming everywhere and you are always wandering around and wondering what Pokemon/Item/Trainer awaits you next. It gives the Open world feelingThe games are pretty good and the next step in the Pokemon franchise. There are some performance issues due to the outdated hardware of the switch and there are some rare bugs that GF should fix asap. Beside that the games are perfect. Pokemon are roaming everywhere and you are always wandering around and wondering what Pokemon/Item/Trainer awaits you next. It gives the Open world feeling that only a few games are able to give you. The feeling, that you want to explore everything and find every Pokemon like in no other Pokemon game yet. It's a great a game that is a little brought down by it's technical difficulties. 8/10 Expand
  56. Nov 20, 2022
    While the performance and bugs are unacceptable, playing this game is the most fun I’ve had playing pokemon in a while. Legends arceus was great for its story and the new mechanics but scarletviolet offer that same enjoyment with much more to do. The online was impressive and in some instances performed better than the single player. Definitely recommend especially once patches role out.
  57. Nov 19, 2022
    Just excellent, there aren't many other words to describe how well Game Freak and TPCI has managed to deal with an open world game. After polishing and improving the current system for years.
    Its a game that everyone has to play, only playing it is understood because despite the average graphics, one falls in love and plays endlessly.
  58. Nov 19, 2022
    Si tuviera que elegir entre los dos monster catchers del mercado, Pokémon con Escarlata y Púrpura, o Digimon Survive, me quedo de calle con Pokémon el cual es un RPG de captura con exploración mientras el otro es una novela visual.
    Realmente me gusto la historia y los combates en este nuevo Pokémon
  59. Nov 19, 2022
    Meraviglioso mondo aperto, pieno di pokémon con interazioni in base al loro ambiente e con un ottimo sistema di combattimento che migliora con ogni titolo.
  60. Nov 19, 2022
    Even though it has performance issues, everything else is a step up from previous entries in the series.
  61. Nov 20, 2022
    Es el mejor juego que he jugado,ni arceus se le acercan, sinceramente es una joya.
  62. Nov 20, 2022
    Es absurda la nota que le están dando algunos que no han conseguido ir más allá de la ruta 1, el juego es disfrutable , historia buena , personajes interesantes, música 10/10, pokemon nuevos, adictivo .
    Aun teniendo problemas de rendimiento , es un juego increíble y es imposible que tenga menos nota que espada y escudo que fueron mediocres a nivel jugable.
  63. Nov 20, 2022
    in honesty the the multiple zeros on this game shows this site is untrustworthy the users are over relying on texture and performance and exaggerated "unplayable" is wrong on to my review the preformance has issues the studdering yeah its jarring but unplayable no this the new mons are a mix of great and meh but the gameplay is adictive i recommend it but it does need some patching but inin honesty the the multiple zeros on this game shows this site is untrustworthy the users are over relying on texture and performance and exaggerated "unplayable" is wrong on to my review the preformance has issues the studdering yeah its jarring but unplayable no this the new mons are a mix of great and meh but the gameplay is adictive i recommend it but it does need some patching but in honesty don't listen to reviews use your opinion and close friends because the modern internet makes user reviews flawed now so trust your own judgement Expand
  64. Nov 20, 2022
    Un juego 3 en 1, rompedor y con mimo en el apartado artístico, pero decadente en gráficos y framerate.
    Una aventura digna de la 9na generación de Pokémon siguiendo con el mismo estilo que la 8va pero adaptandola a las costumbres Españolas y recogiendo ideas de Leyendas Pokemon.

PD: Dejad de jugar en emuladores y el 98% de los bugs desapareceran, denada.
  65. Nov 20, 2022
    One of the most fun Pokémon games to come out recently, I really haven’t had performance issues either
  66. Nov 20, 2022
    Estou super viciado no game. Tem certos bugs, que eu acho que deveriam ter sido lançado sem eles, porém não compromete a gameplay. Espero que lancem em breve um update pra corrigi-los.
  67. Nov 20, 2022
    Me ha encantado, y aunque los gráficos no sean los mejores pues no me importa
  68. Nov 21, 2022
    I have a few hours in the game now and have to say that the game is really fun so far. I can't understand a lot of the bad reviews with 0 points. I'm not talking about the bad reviews in general, but you can tell a lot of them are just complaining because everyone is, or because Pokémon is the biggest media franchise in the world. But many forget that most of the money was made not fromI have a few hours in the game now and have to say that the game is really fun so far. I can't understand a lot of the bad reviews with 0 points. I'm not talking about the bad reviews in general, but you can tell a lot of them are just complaining because everyone is, or because Pokémon is the biggest media franchise in the world. But many forget that most of the money was made not from the games, but from merchandising. Merchandise accounts for more than three times as much of the revenue as the video games. The graphics aren't the prettiest of all the games, but I still think they're pretty good, even if there are muddy textures more often. The game's biggest problem in terms of graphics is that everything farther away is rendered, but everything close by looks pretty good for a Pokémon game. Compared to Legends Arceus, this is a step-up. Performance is more of a complaint. The FPS fluctuates almost all the time. The game really has problems maintaining the 30fps. Personally, though, this hasn't really bothered me so far. Except in the classroom, which was really sad. Because even though the students were all in the foreground, and you could see them well, they moved at 5 fps. But I can overlook that as long as the game is fun, and it is, and it's nice that Gamefreak is doing something new. Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2022
    I never expected the game to run like a dream. At least the story is the best the series has ever had. I have beat the game and haven't run into a character I don't like. Seriously, play the game and you'll understand how good it is. All of these negative reviews dragging such a good game down are a shame since it just shows that these people played for maybe an hour or two and decided toI never expected the game to run like a dream. At least the story is the best the series has ever had. I have beat the game and haven't run into a character I don't like. Seriously, play the game and you'll understand how good it is. All of these negative reviews dragging such a good game down are a shame since it just shows that these people played for maybe an hour or two and decided to review bomb the game. Are there glitches? sometimes. do they break the game? I haven't run into one yet. are the graphics that bad? No. the game looks great, but people have seen so many passion projects and fan animations that they've decided that anything less is bad. Arven's story? Relatable and heartwarming. Penny's? wonderful! Nemona as a rival? The best in the series hands down. this game is a marked improvement on the series. Expand
  70. Nov 20, 2022
    This game is being unfairly review bombed. It is by far one of the most fun experiences I have had with a Pokémon game in a long time. They made lots of quality of life improvements, they’ve broken the mold in so many areas, the freedom to explore is wonderful, the amount of things to do besides just gym battles is a welcome addition. Honestly a really fun game. It’s a shame it’s gettingThis game is being unfairly review bombed. It is by far one of the most fun experiences I have had with a Pokémon game in a long time. They made lots of quality of life improvements, they’ve broken the mold in so many areas, the freedom to explore is wonderful, the amount of things to do besides just gym battles is a welcome addition. Honestly a really fun game. It’s a shame it’s getting such bad reviews because this will only push Gamefreak to make games like past Pokémon games and they will never try to innovate again. Expand
  71. Nov 21, 2022
    Extremely fun. Probably the most fun an open world game or a pokemon game will ever be. The open world is awesome, there is always more to explore to find new pokemon, items or secret areas. The new pokemon are awesome, every design looks great, even though not every new design is prefect. The stories are fun but pretty bare bones. But the fact that there are three of them helps the gameExtremely fun. Probably the most fun an open world game or a pokemon game will ever be. The open world is awesome, there is always more to explore to find new pokemon, items or secret areas. The new pokemon are awesome, every design looks great, even though not every new design is prefect. The stories are fun but pretty bare bones. But the fact that there are three of them helps the game feel more diverse from time to time, and thre is always the option to just not do story things and have fun exploring the vast world. There ars framerate issues but the game is so fun you're probably not even going to notice them. I could talk about why this game is incredible even more, but I think I've said enough. I'll only add that the Coop mode is the best single thing ever in a pokemon game. If you want to review the game, you HAVE to at least try it with some close friends, it basically makes the game twice as good. Expand
  72. Nov 19, 2022
    The Game si amazing, great liberty and hours of fun, but the frame rate, camera glitches, visual errors and memory leak convert this fun Game in something difficult to enjoy
  73. Nov 20, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 作为一个宝可梦游戏,它很好玩。但是又有很多bug跟掉帧穿模问题。但毕竟它是游戏,所以我觉得还挺好玩的。
    游戏内容上,三线并行的剧情内容还是很丰富的,相对于之前线性流程自由度提高了不止一个等级,新的尝试效果不错。
    还有不得不说这次的闪光概率有所提高,这简直是一件不能再幸福的事情了。
  74. Nov 20, 2022
    Realmente es un juego bastante divertido, las dinámicas y la música atrapan bastante, el multi jugador mejoró bastante y la inmersión no se pierde en ningún momento, el único fallo es el tema gráfico y la fuga de memoria que tiene después de 4 o 5 horas de juego.
  75. Nov 21, 2022
    Excelente juegos que te lleva a los tiempos de los pokemon originales pero en un mundo abierto para explorar.
  76. Nov 21, 2022
    Scarlet & Violet are amazing games. The freedom and open world feel great and are really well constructed. The performance is pretty bad, but it still manages to run fine while it looks great. The only (huge) thing they have to change are the event levels. Since they're not scaling based on your level/progress, it's limiting the freedom a bit.
    Overall great games that are insanely
    Overall great games that are insanely enjoyable to play.
  77. Nov 21, 2022
    These, alongside Legends Arceus, are the best Pokemon games in the series. The Pokemon company have finally found their Breath of the Wild formula, and it is absolutely wonderful to play. As someone who has grown up on the likes of Playstation 1 and Nintendo 64, the "lag" and "bad graphics" don't affect my gameplay in the slightest, so this review is purely based on gameplay.

Never

Never before have I said "Wow!" on route 1. It was usually just a couple of patches of grass and that was it. But not in this game. From the beginning to the end, I was left amazed of how beautiful the landscape was structured. Optional trainer battles were the step in the right direction as well. And the Pokemon are everywhere! It is not just a couple Pokemon here and there, and the variety is perfect as well. They are flying high in the skies, lurking deep in the seas and lakes, sleeping, eating, running in the fields... It really fells alive!

The next part is the story, and what a step up from previous series it is. There are 18 badges! One for each type. Personally, I enjoyed the Team Star badges the most, as the Starmobiles turned out to be quite the challenge at times, but the gyms and titan battles were amazing as well. Three different stories in one game, that beautifully merge into an ending I would never have expected from a Pokemon game. Getting the mascot Legendary at the start of the game and bonding with it throughout the story was an excelent choice. Koraidon has now earned the spot of one of my favorite legendaries.

This game trully is a dream come true for old school pokemon fans, and I could say a million good things about these games, but apart from the technical difficulties (which I am not discussing in this review because everyone is talking about it already), there are a couple of things I would still like the games to improve on. The first one being text boxes. When you are in a battle, and the sandstorm is active, and both parties are using items such as leftovers, and you are poisoned, and so on... The game will stop, put up a textbox, stop, run the animation, stop, textbox.... Its just to much! All of this should just be performed in a single action. When the Stone Titans ability activated, every single boost had it's own animation and it's own textbox... Just run the animation one time and a textbox that says "All stats have been raised" and that's it. Battles take way too long, and for a company that removed the battle frontier because "Kids these days don't have a long attention span" this should be a priority. And the other thing would be difficulty. It's is great that it's an open world game and that you can go at your own pace, but there should still be a "master mode" just like in other open world games, to make replaying the games more fun.

This is it, this is the future of pokemon, open fields with living pokemon roaming them. If you truly cannot enjoy these games because of its techincal difficulties, you might still be able to play them once the next generation console comes out. It might run well on better hardware.

This and Legends Arceus have really been a dream come true and I can't wait to see what the Pokemon company has in store next.
  78. Nov 21, 2022
    Jogo divertido, resgata a alegria de explorar um mundo pokémon com novas descobertas. Me fez lembrar os jogos Red e Blue. A Performance deixa a desejar, espero que lançam atualizações para corrigir os bugs grotescos presenter no jogo.
  79. Nov 21, 2022
    It’s the most fun Pokémon game I’ve ever played. I know the graphics are poor, but coming from somehow who hasn’t enjoyed Pokémon since Ruby/sapphire this is the first time in a an extremely long time I haven’t given up on a Pokémon game after playing for a few hours. It’s a blast, and overall a massive step forward for the franchise.
  80. Nov 21, 2022
    I don't know where all the complaints about bugs come from. Seems mostly fine to me, just a few minor bugs but I have had nothing but fun playing it.
  81. Nov 21, 2022
    With Sword and Shield it was obvious they were experimenting, with Arceus it was obvious they learned a lot of lessons and implemented them, and it’s obvious they continue to do so. This is the best Pokémon game in history. It is unfortunate that the graphical issues cast a shadow over this great game.
  82. Nov 21, 2022
    Great game, i feel like it has the most story from a pokemon game by far. A large improvement from gen 8
  83. Nov 21, 2022
    Yes they will fix all in the next game, as always. For now this game is still awesome!
  84. Nov 21, 2022
    After seeing the first trailer at the beginning of the year I decided to not look at any more info, trailers or gameplay and I managed; I went into the game completely blind. I wasn't even fully sure if it's really open world but it is and it is amazing. Especially the landscapes at the beginning look beautiful. So much that I kept thinking "I can't believe this is really Pokémon".
    So far
    So far I put around 26 hours into the game, so I think I already got a pretty good idea of what is good and what not so much:

-the game stutters often times. It definitely has fps issues but considering this is Game Freak's first attempt at a full open world game and also considering that this is running on the Switch, which now uses over five year old hardware, I think that was pretty much to be expected. I'd fully get if people consider this a huge issue, but as someone who has never been used to 60+ fps in games, I can accept it.

-anti aliasing. I don't know if the game has any. This is especially noticable in towns (on buildings). Again, this might be due to GF not yet knowing how to opimize properly + the Switch' old hardware. I don't really notice it much in the wild though.

-lack of outfits. There are a LOT of gloves, shoes, hats, socks, backpacks, even phone cases BUT there are only four sets of shirt+pants combinations. And they are all school uniforms. I'm playing Scarlet, so I am "stuck" with orange pants... If we are already forced to wear a school uniform, I'd wish if we could at least change a little more about it... have differently colored jackets for example. Maybe also skirts.

-the camera. this is an issue I only found in wild battles where you can move the camera freely (in others the camera moves normally like in Sw/Sh). It seems it is focused on a point between the two battling Pokémon, which in theory sounds ok and for most of the game actually also works really well but... if you have a rather big Pokémon or one that is flying, you might not even be able to see it at all. I keep finding myself trying to adjust the camera to somehow get both Pokémon onto the screen, with mixed results. I think depending on the position/size of the battling Pokémon the camera should be zoomed out a bit. Or they should just let us zoom on our own (like how it's done in Xenoblade for example).

+open world. I'm not that much of a fan of open worlds anymore, but Pokémon is definitely the type of game where it seems like a good idea. Being able to just go anywhere, seeing towns in the distance... it's wonderful.

+buddies. we can let one of our Pokébuddies run around with us. They even pick up items for us. Definitely a feature I'd like to see in all future games!

+customization. We can change our clothes, hair, hair color, eye shape, eyebrows, mouth. The hair even uses physics and it looks really good. Again, I wish we'd have more top+pant combinations but I can imagine we might get Something more in the future per dlc.

+your own path. Once you are done with the beginning of the game, you are pretty much being told that you can now go and do whatever you want. It reminds me a bit of BOTW. The game does however give you three paths you can follow: you can challenge the gyms, help this guy to find special herbs (which is helpful and probably necessary if you want to explore the whole map) or help this one secret npc to crush Team Star. You can do the gyms and the other things in any order you want. So you have lots of freedom and can decide on your own how your journey is supposed to go.

+design. most of the region is very sunny, bright and colorful. This, the decorations you can see at different places, the town designs and even the music all have a distinct Spanish feel to them and it feels good.

+scale. actually being able to walk through properly scaled towns is incredible. Something I always wanted in a Pokémon game. With the first big town I thought "no way we can walk through the whole town" but man was I wrong. It's really huge. I remember my dissapointment in Sw/Sh' final town (the one with the Ferris Wheel)...

+sandwich propaganda. This game fuels my desire to make a really good sandwhich... You can buy LOTS of ingredients, make sandwhiches according to recipes or go freestyle. Different sandwiches give different buffs (like increasing your catch rate or the chance to encounter shinies)

Personally I'm enjoying the game a LOT, I can't stop playing. It's being pulled down mostly by technical limitations but if you can live with that and if you love Pokémon, I'm sure you'll love these games too.

I have more good things to say but I reached the character limit... :,D
  85. Nov 21, 2022
    Gran juego creo que renovar la saga es su mejor virtud, por otro lado creo que el odio de las personas están evitando que el juego pueda alcanzar su potencial eso y sus comentarios de que quieren su rembolso
  86. Nov 21, 2022
    Performance & graphics issues aside, this is the most fun pokemon has ever been. If you are a pokemon fan and can look past the occasional graphical issue you will fall in love with paldea
  87. Nov 21, 2022
    Great game, even with the criticism, I finished the game and found no "bug".
    Compared to other "Eld.. Rin.." games, it's more than perfect. It needs to improve,..yes...but it's on the right path.
  88. Nov 21, 2022
    This is the best Pokémon game yet. People are complaining about performance issues but clearly haven’t lived through the previous generations of Pokémon. I’ve played since red/blue on a grayscale game boy. This is a massive open world Pokémon rpg with tons of things to do, it’s really unrivaled, it’s even better than Arceus. Give a chance and decide for yourselves. Some slowdowns areThis is the best Pokémon game yet. People are complaining about performance issues but clearly haven’t lived through the previous generations of Pokémon. I’ve played since red/blue on a grayscale game boy. This is a massive open world Pokémon rpg with tons of things to do, it’s really unrivaled, it’s even better than Arceus. Give a chance and decide for yourselves. Some slowdowns are totally manageable and there’s an amazing game behind that. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2022
    I think there is a lot of hatred to this game. It's true that is buggy as hell, but when you give the game time you can see how much effort is poured in the game. Many people have given a 0, which is undeserved, so I give my 10, which is also undeserved. I need to level this a bit!
  90. Nov 20, 2022
    Honestly the best story and game play of any pokemon game so far. I've been playing since the GBA era and this is so close tot he game I've been dreaming of.
  91. Nov 20, 2022
    ignore the bad notes. the game is beautiful and innovative, best pokemon. Performance issues will be fixed in future updates.
  92. Nov 21, 2022
    PUDO SER EL MEJOR DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS.

PUDO SER EL MEJOR DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS.

Desde PKM Sun and Moon no tenía tanto hype por un juego de PKM, y bien la espera valió mucho la pena pero a que precio? No se puede negar el bajo rendimiento, pero llevo 35 horas de juego y de momento no me han salido los famosos bugs que están en internet, que, casualmente son los mismo 3, el único bug que he visto es el de la pokeball que se queda en el aire cuando intentas capturar uno, pero nada que afecte el juego, mucho menos la partida, por tal motivo no me quejo de los bugs y el bajo rendimiento no hace que mi partida sea injugable, mucho menos los gráficos pues desde los trailers nos mostraron los gráficos del juego.

El juego lo estoy disfrutando como niño, si bien las cosas malas que tanto se hablan estuvieran bien (poping, rendimiento, sombras y bugs) el juego sin duda sería de 9.5, y la única razón por la que no le doy un 10 es por temas más importantes para mi dentro del juego que de lo que se queja la gente pues reitero, a mi no me han salido.

LO MALO: en PKM Sword me atyrebo a decir que tiene la mejor customisación de todos los juegos de PKM con la mejor ropa, peinados y más con los que se inluyen en el DLC, por desgracia esta horrible hacer tu personaje en Scarlet, peinados horribles y estás limitado a 4 malditos uniformes, desconozco si te puedes quitar el uniforme terminando el juego, pero de momento no se puede y es molesto pues en Sword puedo decir que el personaje que es un avatar de tí, pude hacer el avatar que se parece más a mi y aquí simplemente no siento esa conexión con el personaje, otro punto negativo es el mapa para ver la localización de un PKM, el nuevo menú es más tedioso, teníamos muchos avances en Arceus y aquí regresamos 2 pasos atrás, espero se corrija y se mejore para futuros juegos.

Urge que se tenga una junta con The Pokemon Company, Game Freak y Nintendo y que se quede en no sacar un juego por año pues las consecuencias aquí están, si el juego le hubieran dado 8 meses más, no dudo que el juego hubiera salido bien en cuanto al tema de rendimiento y bugs, aún así el juego es de los mejores, tiene tantas cosas que hacer, un grand OST, los temas de la ciudad de la líder de tipo eléctrico o de tipo agua son temas épicos, los PKM ya respetan sus tamaños, los personajes por fin tienen más carisma y son de tu agrado en general y los nuevos PKM puedo darles en general un 8 de 10 en diseños, las ciudades son increíbles y los lugares, una enorme diferencia con Arceus y sobre todo con Sword, puedo decir que Paldea es la mejor región de todas.

En conclusión, Pokémon da muchos pasos con grandes ideas, primer mundo abierto y mejoras, pero los problemas técnicos le están afectado mucho, tiene todo el dinero para contratar a la gente correcta y que corrigan esos errores que esperemos se puedan hacer en parches.
  93. Nov 20, 2022
    As someone who has played it, everything said about it is a complete exaggeration, the technical side really isn't that bad.
    Other than that, as an RPG it's brilliant and as an open world Pokémon it's the best it's ever seen, the wide variety of playable creatures is incredible, and the fighting is more than entertaining.
  94. Nov 21, 2022
    Definitely needs work but by all means doesn’t deserve a 0. Game freak should start listening to their audience and do better. I’m only giving this score to balance out all the zeroes. It’s still a fun game but it has a ton of technical problems that need to be fixed. Graphics are complete crap and it blows my mind that we’ve actually gone back in time to the N64 days with this game. If IDefinitely needs work but by all means doesn’t deserve a 0. Game freak should start listening to their audience and do better. I’m only giving this score to balance out all the zeroes. It’s still a fun game but it has a ton of technical problems that need to be fixed. Graphics are complete crap and it blows my mind that we’ve actually gone back in time to the N64 days with this game. If I had to give it an actual score, I’d give it a 6.5, maybe a 7. But if it continues in this direction, I will sadly have to say goodbye to the franchise and just remember it for what it once was. Expand
  95. Nov 21, 2022
    Pretty good and refreshing for a pokemon game. Open world and multiple storylines makes this game pretty fresh. While you're not looking for a new pokemon to catch you can fight a giant beast, take out a enemy camp or make a sandwich! This game does have its downsides the frame rate is lacking and the graphics are behind but at its core it is a fun new take on pokemon much improved uponPretty good and refreshing for a pokemon game. Open world and multiple storylines makes this game pretty fresh. While you're not looking for a new pokemon to catch you can fight a giant beast, take out a enemy camp or make a sandwich! This game does have its downsides the frame rate is lacking and the graphics are behind but at its core it is a fun new take on pokemon much improved upon since pokemon legends. Expand
  96. Nov 19, 2022
    Don't listen to the obvious score/review bombing that from a troll community that hates Pokémon, they want to repeat the same falsification of scores that Sword/Shield received unfairly.
    I will tell the truth about this game, since I played it when came out and not a leaked version without a patch day 1.
    It is one of the best regions and it perfectly refines what has been achieved with Legends Arceus, graphically its a great leap in quality, and in terms of exploration, it is something that the saga would hardly have dreamed of years ago.
    Accessibility and quality of life improvements are much better, making the competitive something more open to all audiences.
    In story, its one of the best that the saga has had, and the inclusiveness that this game brings goes with the quality line that others have had in Nintendo lately.

I played with the patch day 1, and after passing the league, I have only found 1 bug, merely aesthetic and that didn't affect my experience at all.
    The only thing that could be improved is performance, but obviously patches are coming that will fix it.
  97. Nov 20, 2022
    Technically many issues, but still a lot of fun nonetheless. My experience, even with some of the visual and performance issues, is better than the last 2 gens together so that's a W for me. Still wished GameFreak could get the time to develop a finished game, but the hate is a bit too strong in my opinion.
  98. Nov 20, 2022
    Excelente videojuego muy entretenido en todos sus apartados. Estoy muy contento
  99. Nov 20, 2022
    What a game! If you care about fps and graphics go to touch some grass that is more realistic. The game flaws technically but it has an amazing pokedex and world design.

Solid 9
  100. Nov 20, 2022
    Nota contra la review bombing no objetiva, el juego tiene sus fallos pero no se merece la nota de la comunidad. El juego tiene Bugs, fallos gráficas y caídas de fps, pero como juego de Pokémon ha evolucionado, posiblemente el mejor en años, la libertad, la historia, las diferentes cosas que hacer, su nota real debería ser de un 7, si arreglas todo lo anterior un 8,5.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 88 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 2, 2022
    Pokémon Scarlet and Violet offer a unique and incredibly engaging experience that the series has desperately needed since its transition to 3D back in 2013. Unfortunately, it has also been released in an incredibly unoptimised state which sours the whole experience.
  2. Dec 2, 2022
    With routine patches and dedicated bug fixes, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet could end up being a transcendent moment in franchise history. The ambition of its branching paths, the size of its open world, and the selection of different Pokemon available are all massive, signaling that Game Freak and The Pokemon Company wanted this to be a flagship moment for the series. Unfortunately, all of that ambition is marred by the technical trials left in its wake, creating some truly infuriating moments during a game where I should be adventuring with a smile on my face. The foundation of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is strong, but there are too many technical shortcomings in the experience to truly call it great.
  3. Dec 2, 2022
    Scarlet and Violet takes the evolution of the Pokémon series one step forward and two steps back. It excels in providing an excellent open-world gameplay experience, but falls flat on a technical level, feeling more like an alpha build than a final product. Unfortunately, the severe lack of polish and optimization holds Scarlet and Violet back from what very well could have been the best Pokémon generation yet. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have enough enjoyment to make it well worth my time, but Pokémon Legends: Arceus tickled my fancy just a bit more.