7.4

1. Jun 2, 2019
    ilence est un très bon Point’n click. Sans doute moins marquant que son prédécesseur, il arrive quand même à sortir du lot notamment par une direction artistique et des graphismes à tomber. L’ambiance sonore est également de haut niveau et est parfaitement adaptée à l’ambiance mélancolique du titre. Le manque de challenge globale et la simplicité des énigmes nous rendent parfois tropilence est un très bon Point’n click. Sans doute moins marquant que son prédécesseur, il arrive quand même à sortir du lot notamment par une direction artistique et des graphismes à tomber. L’ambiance sonore est également de haut niveau et est parfaitement adaptée à l’ambiance mélancolique du titre. Le manque de challenge globale et la simplicité des énigmes nous rendent parfois trop passifs devant l’écran, mais la narration et l’histoire arrivent à nous emporter et à nous faire finalement passer outre ces **** défauts. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2021
    After writing a very angry, long review of this game I decided to delete them both and leave only this instead:
    for the love of our sweet lord Hestu don’t you dare buy this crap full price.
    I’m going to play Octopath traveller.
    Shakalaka for us all.
  3. Apr 8, 2021
    I liked it! The art style is adorable, the puzzles are slightly challenging, but most of all the narrative is pretty mature in a good way. The only thing I didn't like was the loading screen! Sometimes you accidentally walk too close to the edge of the area or you press A too close to the bird and your stuck on a loading screen, only to turn around and move back and wait through the sameI liked it! The art style is adorable, the puzzles are slightly challenging, but most of all the narrative is pretty mature in a good way. The only thing I didn't like was the loading screen! Sometimes you accidentally walk too close to the edge of the area or you press A too close to the bird and your stuck on a loading screen, only to turn around and move back and wait through the same loading screen again. All in all, a nice experience but a confirmation to switch areas would be a welcome quality of life addition. Expand
  4. Oct 15, 2020
    I give 6, but in fact, this game doesn't have any flaws. The plot is interesting, and the ending is not surprising, but still impressive. Puzzles are nice and easy. It just doesn't offer more, I guess.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 12 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 12, 2020
    Silence is a graphic adventure recommended for all lovers of the genre, but its short duration, its controls and the high price to be a port can take many fans away from this dramatic story.
  2. May 18, 2019
    Silence is a game that deserves to be played in docked mode on the Switch. It gives you a story you’ll be immersed in, while the vibrant graphics will keep you playing for just that little bit longer. You may feel like you’re wasting time when it comes to the multiple chat options, as they always conclude at the right outcome, but your curiosity will want you to keep going to find out more about the world of Silence, and to bring Noah and Renie home, whatever it takes. The lack of touch screen control is a disappointment though, and we can't help but feel this should have been priced a little cheaper, considering its age and how much it costs elsewhere.
  3. May 1, 2019
    Silence: The Whispered World 2 is a beautiful and polished experience with a distinct focus on its story. It still holds enough traditional gameplay to be considered a point-and-click adventure rather than a "walking simulator," but it sacrifices complexity and variety for a more streamlined approach. It's also a very short experience, which doesn't necessarily work in its favor. It doesn't overstay its welcome, but many of it is too short-lived to make the impact it's so clearly striving for.