8.7

1. Apr 5, 2018
    Mania is praised for being "the best Sonic game" and that might well be true.

However the sonic formula mixes high-speed, momentum-based movement, precision platforming, minimum speed gates, instakills, small vision (plus no map), and sprawling maze-like levels. Those contradictions are hard to enjoy. Those who can ignore the contradictions may have fun. Those who invest in the
    Mania is praised for being "the best Sonic game" and that might well be true.

Those who can ignore the contradictions may have fun. Those who invest in the level memorisation that allows you to bypassing the momentum-killing blocks and instant kills can enjoy flow and mastery. But I don't know why you would.

In short -- buyer beware. Some people love this game, but don't assume that you will. For my money, the high review scores mask a deeply unenjoyable game.
  2. Sep 11, 2017
    Tiene problemas que aun no arreglan, no funciona bien con la función de foto, suspender y home aparte el juego se cierra solo después de jugar un par de horas
  3. Aug 29, 2017
    I have to say it's pretty crappy to wait 2 weeks extra for this game to come out on Steam and then find out after I purchased it that it has DRM and also an always-online feature enabled. Whether this was intentional or not - it shows SEGA's contempt for the people who support it. I can understand an always-online feature in a FREE cell phone game, but not in a game I actually PAID YOUI have to say it's pretty crappy to wait 2 weeks extra for this game to come out on Steam and then find out after I purchased it that it has DRM and also an always-online feature enabled. Whether this was intentional or not - it shows SEGA's contempt for the people who support it. I can understand an always-online feature in a FREE cell phone game, but not in a game I actually PAID YOU FOR.

Way to ruin a good thing - finally after years of making crappy games, a Sonic game worth playing finally came out and now this happens. Way to go SEGA.
  4. Jul 21, 2018
    Terribly hard difficulty. It is not fun, not entertaining, Only the thing is Story Mode and 2P mode, the 2P mode is so horrible, what I need to do is just run at 2P mode. and the Story Mode, the gameplay is so hard, I can't get further. I am stuck at Oil Ocean Zone. Plus, I don't know what to do at Story Mode. so, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO AT SONIC MANIA, I really regret that I bought SonicTerribly hard difficulty. It is not fun, not entertaining, Only the thing is Story Mode and 2P mode, the 2P mode is so horrible, what I need to do is just run at 2P mode. and the Story Mode, the gameplay is so hard, I can't get further. I am stuck at Oil Ocean Zone. Plus, I don't know what to do at Story Mode. so, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO AT SONIC MANIA, I really regret that I bought Sonic Mania, I just cried before that I regret so much on buying Sonic Mania. I just got scammed, help me. Expand
  5. Sep 2, 2018
    Simplemente perfecto, una obra maestra de las plataformas 2D cargada de nostalgia.
  6. Jul 7, 2018
    I dont pay 20$ to become all the levels again that were in Sonic1,2,3&K,CD.Cant they bring us new zones?
  7. Nov 8, 2019
    It has no right to be called the Best sonic game and a masterpiece. This game is **** Sonic 2006 is a lot better. I've played Sonic 3 & knuckles so many times and when i tried to enjoy this "sonic mania" game i just wanted nothing more than close this piece of garbage. STOP PRAISING IT. IT'S BAD.

1. Oct 6, 2017
    After nearly 20 years of almost universally horrible games, the 16-bit icon has returned to his former glory and redeemed himself in the eyes of this long-suffering fan. Sonic Mania does a great job of reminding us what made Sonic great in the first place, while also FINALLY bringing the mascot into the modern era. Everything comes together - the music, the stages, the boss fights and the secrets - to form a package that is both appealing to the retro gamer and irresistible to anyone who enjoys a good game of run and jump. Whether on the Nintendo Switch or any other system, Sonic Mania needs to be in your collection yesterday.
  2. Sep 18, 2017
    Sonic Mania is like a greatest hits album that your favourite artist may release, with a few new tracks as a bonus. It has a high level of nostalgia, gloss and polish and will really challenge your skill, reflexes and patience. There's quite a bit to get stuck into, but you may find yourself being frustrated. If you love the little blue chap and relish a challenge, speed along to the e-shop and pick this up.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Sep 14, 2017
    This convincing comeback has been designed for the die-hards - and they haven't been this well served by a Sonic game for ages. [Issue#311, p.118]