- Publisher: OutOfTheBit
- Release Date: Oct 8, 2020
- Also On: iPhone/iPad, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Get ready for a real arcade experience with this retro-style car racing game inspired by the classics of the 80s & 90s, optimised for the Nintendo Switch/ Prepare to enter the world of underground car racing to save your brother. It's not going to be easy, but taking part in the Super ArcadeGet ready for a real arcade experience with this retro-style car racing game inspired by the classics of the 80s & 90s, optimised for the Nintendo Switch/ Prepare to enter the world of underground car racing to save your brother. It's not going to be easy, but taking part in the Super Arcade Racing tournament is the only way you can see your brother again and solve the mystery behind the organisation that kidnapped him.
MASSIVE STORY MODE
A full story with over 60 different tracks in 5 different biomes to race on in your quest to save your brother.
A BILLION POSSIBLE VEHICLES
Customise the shape and colour of your car, with over a billion possible combinations you're sure to find something you like! You can also upgrade the performance of your vehicle to keep up with your rivals.
ONLINE AND LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
Play against racers from around the world in online cross-platform multiplayer on our dedicated server or play with up to 4 players at once in local multiplayer.
Compete for the glory of having the best time in the world on a track. Use practice mode to race your ghost and beat your personal best.
- Developer: OutOfTheBit
- Genre(s): Racing, Arcade, Automobile
- # of players: Up to 4
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Dec 3, 2020Super Arcade Racing ultimately doesn’t do quite enough to stand out amongst the many old school racers available on the Switch then, but it certainly manages to compete with the majority. And that’s enough for us to recommend it if you’re looking for a new title to try out in the genre, and one that certainly won’t break the bank.
Positive: 1 out of 2
Mixed: 1 out of 2
Negative: 0 out of 2
Oct 20, 2020This is a solid little micro machines style racing game.
It's nothing amazing, but does the job well. Graphics are surprisingly goodThis is a solid little micro machines style racing game.
It's nothing amazing, but does the job well. Graphics are surprisingly good (especially the cutscenes).
I haven't tried the multiplayer. But I'm having a good time playing through the single-player story.… Expand
Apr 16, 2023I just beat the final boss on level 60, which unlocked more bonus levels. This was a fun little game, particularly on Switch.
Pros: -I just beat the final boss on level 60, which unlocked more bonus levels. This was a fun little game, particularly on Switch.
- Nice artwork
- Controls handle well
- Easy to pick up and put down if your gaming time is limited.
- Easy to play with podcast or movie running in the background
- Good game for a handheld console.
- Lots of body-types and colors to unlock
- Dialogue is corny but that's probably intentional
- Story is bad. Especially the ending. I don't play a game like this for the story anyway, 'cause it's an arcade game, but nevertheless, after investing the time to beat all 60 levels, the ending was actually disappointing.
- Game went long. Halfway through I was wishing for weapons or more variety in upgrades, because the game became quite repetitive.
- Worth buying on sale or even full price if you really like these types of racing games. It's competently made. Just be aware that it gets repetitive halfway through and the final cut scene is pretty bad.… Expand