8.7

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Jun 8, 2021
    Disappointed from what I expected. This game is just below average!
  2. Apr 11, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I hate this dumb game. These stupid developers made the game almost impossible to enjoy playing. Increasing the speed of the characters to infinity miles per hour doesn't necessarily mean you made the game easier to play and/or enjoy. I honestly don't know how they messed up this badly making a remake. Expand
  3. Mar 2, 2021
    As a lifelong Nintendo and Super Mario fan, this is pretty disappointing, and sadly, I'm used to it.
    It's a Wii U game with a DLC sold for 60 dollars, which is already infuriating but it's what Nintendo does, and we keep buying. I just have to take that under consideration when I rate the game.
    The game is fun, for a while, but the design of the levels feels pretty lazy, the camera is terrible most of the time and they use too many cheap tricks to make you play the level again and again. Mario Odyssey was awesome, this is not.
    I thought the game was super cool the first 2 o 3 hours I played, but if you start paying attention, you will see that this game has nothing special.
    I just hope Nintendo puts more effort for the next one.
  4. Feb 17, 2021
    Its kinda a lazy port why even bother have a new mario game if its a lazy port just make a new game they are just porting old games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy and Sunshine its one of video games most beloved franchises come on. Nintendo is just makeing quick cash grabs.
  5. Feb 20, 2021
    Locked 30fps in handheld mode in a MARIO GAME. This runs like absolute **** it's almost unplayable without having the switch docked, at least in bowsers fury. Not worth $60 in any way shape or form.
  6. Feb 25, 2021
    es un ctrl c ctrl v de el de wii u pero con BOWSER'S FURY por 60 dolares no vale nada la pena
  7. Feb 16, 2021
    Yet again a WiiU Port. I played this game a few years ago. Great Game, but they did id again. They released a port, with an even higher Price and no chance for WiiU Players to play the new content. Nintendo hates its Fans, and nobody seems to care.
  8. Mar 3, 2021
    Refrito de la fracasada Wi U + Dlc de 10 euros a 30fps. Engañabobos a precio de novedad.
  9. Feb 14, 2021
    You will be done with 3D World in 2 days. The levels are mind numbingly easy, and you will see levels being recycled just a couple of hours in. All replay value or challenge comes from having to go back and replay levels over and over again, because you don't know where a star is or just to grab the flagpole from the top, since you need to do that to unlock the last world.

Sometimes you

Sometimes you get a green star by completing a challenge in a purple box. If you fail, you have to kill yourself to try again.

Bowser's Fury is also really boring, it's an "open world" with terrible camera controls. The camera doesn't follow Mario, and you can only move it in tiny increments. While needing to hold the run button.

It is not worth $60, unless you plan to play with friends, but anything is fun when with friends.
  10. Feb 17, 2021
    The best thing you can say about Super Mario 3D World is that it's inoffensive. So inoffensive that it becomes offensive. It's insubstantial, forgettable, and definitely not worth $60. Even with all the flak 3D All-Stars got for not being updated and upgraded enough (as they should- they're supposed to be CLASSICS remember), that collection is the best of the 3D Mario cartridges to get onThe best thing you can say about Super Mario 3D World is that it's inoffensive. So inoffensive that it becomes offensive. It's insubstantial, forgettable, and definitely not worth $60. Even with all the flak 3D All-Stars got for not being updated and upgraded enough (as they should- they're supposed to be CLASSICS remember), that collection is the best of the 3D Mario cartridges to get on the Switch. Buy it before supplies run out and it gets kicked off of the Switch eShop, leaving you with the mediocre Odyssey and 3D World.

But wait! There's also a new game, Bowser's Fury! And it's the worst 3D Mario game in existence. This game would not be played by many people had it not been tacked onto a re-release of 3D World, another game not many people played the first time. First off, it features controls and mechanics similar to 3D World, but it's set in a big open world with all the levels connected. This makes the game absolutely CHUG and if only that were the worst problem. This game continues the modern Nintendo tradition of being toothlessly easy. You have five separate power-up slots, one for each power-up, and you can store multiple power-ups. You will constantly have more power-ups than you will ever need for each situation. Even if you forget you have them and die, there's hardly any consequences. And as the only new content for this duology, it's short and lacks replay value, not giving Wii U players much of a reason to buy this re-release.

It's worth noting that while playing this game, both of my pairs of Joy-Cons have the Drift now. I prefer playing my Switch in handheld mode and I don't like using the Pro Controller.

I grew up playing the N64, during a Nintendo Dark Age, and I've stuck with Nintendo ever since, even buying their older systems and games from before. I don't know if I can continue buying Nintendo's new consoles after the Switch. Sales nonwithstanding, the Switch is the most disappointing Nintendo generation for me and I feel like an alien from a foreign planet seeing the regular hype and glowing praise for its games.
  11. Feb 14, 2021
    O jogo não inova em nada, qualquer jogo do Mario que eu jogo parece ser o mesmo jogo
  12. Feb 14, 2021
    Infuriating controls. Tedious level design. It's such a simple game made difficult and tedious by terrible controls and asinine level design. This game, for me, is NOT fun to play.
  13. May 31, 2021
    Worst game ever! I don't understand you all saying this game is super easy, except for the last level. Luckilly, there is Bowser's Fury, but it is still not enough to compense for f****** SM3DW. A pure scam!
  14. Apr 24, 2022
    One of the best platforming games I've played since Super Mario Galaxy its very fun and addictive Once you start playing you want to finish it.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 122 Critic Reviews

1. Ninty Fresh Magazine
    Oct 22, 2021
    An outstanding display of prowess by the development team we know and love. The combination of 3D World and Bowser’s Fury is an absolute bundle of joy. [Issue #3, p.49]
  2. CD-Action
    Oct 12, 2021
    Super Mario Odyssey is still the best Mario game, but that doesn’t change the fact that 3D World is up there among the best platformers ever made. So is Bowser’s Fury, a game much smaller in scale but still phenomenal. [04/2021, p.40]
  3. Nintendo Force Magazine
    May 17, 2021
    This combo package is unskippable. All Switch owners: Own this! [Issue #51 – March/April 2021, p. 69]