8.6

1. Mar 2, 2021
    As a lifelong Nintendo and Super Mario fan, this is pretty disappointing, and sadly, I'm used to it.
    It's a Wii U game with a DLC sold for 60 dollars, which is already infuriating but it's what Nintendo does, and we keep buying. I just have to take that under consideration when I rate the game.
    The game is fun, for a while, but the design of the levels feels pretty lazy, the camera is terrible most of the time and they use too many cheap tricks to make you play the level again and again. Mario Odyssey was awesome, this is not.
    I thought the game was super cool the first 2 o 3 hours I played, but if you start paying attention, you will see that this game has nothing special.
    I just hope Nintendo puts more effort for the next one.
  2. Feb 20, 2021
    Locked 30fps in handheld mode in a MARIO GAME. This runs like absolute **** it's almost unplayable without having the switch docked, at least in bowsers fury. Not worth $60 in any way shape or form.
  3. Feb 17, 2021
    Its kinda a lazy port why even bother have a new mario game if its a lazy port just make a new game they are just porting old games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy and Sunshine its one of video games most beloved franchises come on. Nintendo is just makeing quick cash grabs.
  4. Feb 14, 2021
    Nintendo done it again...laziness and lack of creativity..I'm ashamed to support their products.
  5. Feb 25, 2021
    es un ctrl c ctrl v de el de wii u pero con BOWSER'S FURY por 60 dolares no vale nada la pena
  6. Feb 14, 2021
    You will be done with 3D World in 2 days. The levels are mind numbingly easy, and you will see levels being recycled just a couple of hours in. All replay value or challenge comes from having to go back and replay levels over and over again, because you don't know where a star is or just to grab the flagpole from the top, since you need to do that to unlock the last world.

Sometimes you

Sometimes you get a green star by completing a challenge in a purple box. If you fail, you have to kill yourself to try again.

Bowser's Fury is also really boring, it's an "open world" with terrible camera controls. The camera doesn't follow Mario, and you can only move it in tiny increments. While needing to hold the run button.

It is not worth $60, unless you plan to play with friends, but anything is fun when with friends.
  7. Feb 15, 2021
    Meddl on Nindendo! Etzala macht mal neue spiele die gaine abzogge sind und dessen steuerug net so schaisse sind! du dumme sau du! Den ich bin schon wiedar gestorben wegen der kagg steurung ,ogay, auch weil die haider dauernd vorbei gommen und mir auf den sack gehen, wissen die net das ich hard arbeiden muss? auf jeden fall ist es aber sonst feines Mett für mich, kleine nindendo giddiesMeddl on Nindendo! Etzala macht mal neue spiele die gaine abzogge sind und dessen steuerug net so schaisse sind! du dumme sau du! Den ich bin schon wiedar gestorben wegen der kagg steurung ,ogay, auch weil die haider dauernd vorbei gommen und mir auf den sack gehen, wissen die net das ich hard arbeiden muss? auf jeden fall ist es aber sonst feines Mett für mich, kleine nindendo giddies und so etzala idioden wie Dummtendo, kann man sich also auf die Amaston beddellisde tun, deswegen gebe ich etzala einen stern. Hier aber ma nen baar vorschläge was man etzala besser machen gann:
    Nen Modus einführen wo man Brötchen beschmieren gann
    die funktion haben zu headbangen
    das der gude Mario die Peatsch man flach legen gann
    man den guden Iwada ausbuddln kann
    So kagg Haider wie Ezio, Regenboggenschaf und Herr Müller als Boss vorgommen, damit ich denen voll auf die fresse geben gann
    Und man auch einfach ma die mögloichkeit so richdig durchzumeddln
  8. Feb 16, 2021
    Yet again a WiiU Port. I played this game a few years ago. Great Game, but they did id again. They released a port, with an even higher Price and no chance for WiiU Players to play the new content. Nintendo hates its Fans, and nobody seems to care.
  9. Feb 17, 2021
    The best thing you can say about Super Mario 3D World is that it's inoffensive. So inoffensive that it becomes offensive. It's insubstantial, forgettable, and definitely not worth $60. Even with all the flak 3D All-Stars got for not being updated and upgraded enough (as they should- they're supposed to be CLASSICS remember), that collection is the best of the 3D Mario cartridges to get onThe best thing you can say about Super Mario 3D World is that it's inoffensive. So inoffensive that it becomes offensive. It's insubstantial, forgettable, and definitely not worth $60. Even with all the flak 3D All-Stars got for not being updated and upgraded enough (as they should- they're supposed to be CLASSICS remember), that collection is the best of the 3D Mario cartridges to get on the Switch. Buy it before supplies run out and it gets kicked off of the Switch eShop, leaving you with the mediocre Odyssey and 3D World.

But wait! There's also a new game, Bowser's Fury! And it's the worst 3D Mario game in existence. This game would not be played by many people had it not been tacked onto a re-release of 3D World, another game not many people played the first time. First off, it features controls and mechanics similar to 3D World, but it's set in a big open world with all the levels connected. This makes the game absolutely CHUG and if only that were the worst problem. This game continues the modern Nintendo tradition of being toothlessly easy. You have five separate power-up slots, one for each power-up, and you can store multiple power-ups. You will constantly have more power-ups than you will ever need for each situation. Even if you forget you have them and die, there's hardly any consequences. And as the only new content for this duology, it's short and lacks replay value, not giving Wii U players much of a reason to buy this re-release.

It's worth noting that while playing this game, both of my pairs of Joy-Cons have the Drift now. I prefer playing my Switch in handheld mode and I don't like using the Pro Controller.

I grew up playing the N64, during a Nintendo Dark Age, and I've stuck with Nintendo ever since, even buying their older systems and games from before. I don't know if I can continue buying Nintendo's new consoles after the Switch. Sales nonwithstanding, the Switch is the most disappointing Nintendo generation for me and I feel like an alien from a foreign planet seeing the regular hype and glowing praise for its games.
  10. Feb 14, 2021
    O jogo não inova em nada, qualquer jogo do Mario que eu jogo parece ser o mesmo jogo
  11. Feb 14, 2021
    Infuriating controls. Tedious level design. It's such a simple game made difficult and tedious by terrible controls and asinine level design. This game, for me, is NOT fun to play.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 107 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 2, 2021
    Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury is one of the best values on the Switch. It goes above and beyond the usual port jobs to create a whole new experience – one that fits the platform perfectly. You can easily lose hours playing stages to completion or kick back for five minutes and play a single stage in portable mode and have a blast. This is a very versatile adventure and one that all past and present fans of Mario should pick up.
  2. Mar 1, 2021
    Whilst this isn’t a game that represents great value, it’s still excellent fun. Bowser’s Fury is a nice, if a little short, addition to a game which didn’t get the attention it deserved due to the failure of the Wii U.
  3. Feb 26, 2021
    There are only a few titles that can give four players in the same room the same rush that Super Mario 3D World does. The improvements in the Switch version are few, but appreciated. In addition, these change the game so much that even veterans should take a look at it. The extra game Bowser's Fury is the icing on the cake and gives you a playful open world sandbox where proven elements meet new features. The result is simply a complete package of sheer platform entertainment.