8.5

1. Oct 10, 2019
    Its turrican for this generation.
    Its contra for this generation
    Its got elements of team 17's old amiga classic 'assassins' Its for gaming metalheads. Its tough as old leathery boots. Its vicious pounding and electrifying levels. Its old school bosses. Its got awesome weapons. Its got a stellar soundtrack It got no microtransactions But it does have headbanging. Why are you reading this ?
    Its turrican for this generation.
    Its contra for this generation
    Its got elements of team 17's old amiga classic 'assassins'
    Its for gaming metalheads.
    Its tough as old leathery boots.
    Its vicious pounding and electrifying levels.
    Its old school bosses.
    Its got awesome weapons.
    Its got a stellar soundtrack
    It got no microtransactions
    But it does have headbanging.
    Why are you reading this ? go get it!
  2. Oct 11, 2019
    Amazing game !
    The art design and atmosphere are phenomenal if you like that sort of "far future" sci-fi style like 40k for example.
    The gameplay is equally amazing, game runs great on Switch (Bloodstained buyers rejoice) and is a lot of fun to play with tight controls, cool weapons and well thought out level design.. With that you get no penalties for dying and plenty of checkpoints,
    Amazing game !
    With that you get no penalties for dying and plenty of checkpoints, which makes the relative toughness of the game more comfortable to handle without getting too easy.

Special mention for those gorgeous 2d sprites which look like your Super Nintendo was on cocaine.
  3. Oct 11, 2019
    One of the best games I have played in 2019 and honestly one of the best 2D Shooters I have played ever! Amazing gameplay!
    The incredible soundtrack and very nice pixel art are just the icing on this delicious cake.

9/10 - Would give it a 10 but the game is a tad short, granted that you will die a lot and that will make the game last somewhat more by default, but I feel the game could have been longer.
  4. Oct 10, 2019
    Valfaris is brutal, stunning, and completely kick ass. Full review on The Ghost Generation, or just BUY IT NOW.
  5. Oct 11, 2019
    I created an account just to post this. This is an amazing game, one of 2019’s best.
  6. Oct 11, 2019
    Kick ass game. I absolutey love it. No complaints here, it's a perfect game.
  7. Oct 16, 2019
    I'm constantly dying due to the fact that i cant stop headbanging to this games amazing soundtrack while I play. Love the retro snes style, good upgrade system and weapons, challenging and satisfying metroid/contra gameplay. Very happy I didnt pass this one up.

1. Oct 21, 2019
    Valfaris is a frenetic, violent homage to classic shooters and heavy metal, with satisfying gameplay and challenging boss encounters, it’ll be appreciated by anybody looking for something fun to head-bang to.
  2. Oct 15, 2019
    Valfaris is the perfect transposition in modern sauce of the run’n'gun that have cheered entire generations of enthusiasts.
  3. Oct 12, 2019
    Valfaris is one of the best indie games to come this year. it has a pure, fun, old school action without the complexities of many modern games.Action is intense, challenge is smart, gameplay is rewarding, and pixel-art is truly amazing. The only thing we disliked is how enemies keep respawning in some areas. Still, the game is enjoyable from start to finish.