7.5

1. Sep 16, 2018
    Wolfenstein 2 The New cutscene is entirely too short and has too many cinematic's. As if the constant cinematic's weren't enough they don't really serve much of a purpose instead of beating us over the head with Nazi bad, KKK, racism is bad. I mean they try to do some character development but everyone in the game is a walking talking stereotype...which is funny considering the game isWolfenstein 2 The New cutscene is entirely too short and has too many cinematic's. As if the constant cinematic's weren't enough they don't really serve much of a purpose instead of beating us over the head with Nazi bad, KKK, racism is bad. I mean they try to do some character development but everyone in the game is a walking talking stereotype...which is funny considering the game is about killing Nazi's and racists. Isn't making everyone a goddamn stereotype racist? Or at least Biggoted?

Yeah we get it, Nazi's are bad, racists and the KKK are bad....NOW CAN WE GET ON WITH KILLING THEM...How does game, whose main character is ostensibly in his own rambo movie but against Nazi's, Have so litle nazi killing going for. Was the plan to bore the Nazis too death with endless rants.

The shooting mechanics suck, or at least they changed something from the previous one, I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems like you die way too fast now. Which means no more running and gunning and more hiding behind walls, which lets face it is boring when you have an AI system dumb as bricks.
  2. Jul 16, 2018
    This is DEFINITELY not worth $80 (Canada). Horrible graphics; they went with the CHEAPER cartridge which means you need to use 10 GB of your SD card for their Day 1 download; text is hard to read in handheld mode; s-l-o-w-dooooooown. Who tf are writing these positive reviews here? Fake news!
  3. Jul 3, 2018
    Rage, which is a pretty ancient game by now, had much better AI and pathing -- in wolf 2 enemies will often get stuck on junk in the environment and they can't hop over railings or anything like in Rage. Truly a step back in mechanics - playing through this game on Death Incarnate makes many of these issues apparent.

The story and characters also got more wacky, stupid, and cartoonish

The story and characters also got more wacky, stupid, and cartoonish which I think will turn off those looking for a thoughtful storyline instead of just a violent one.

Too much preachy cringe and long unskipable cutscenes for me to finish this one...
  4. Jul 4, 2018
    Oh, look at all these NINTENDO based publications raising its score even though it's a full priced game for the worst graphics possible! AN 8 average is not accurate at all or even close. The Switch doesn't deserve this game and it chugs, and still requires half a download even with the cartridge. Nintendo has proven time and time again they can't get third party support right and theyOh, look at all these NINTENDO based publications raising its score even though it's a full priced game for the worst graphics possible! AN 8 average is not accurate at all or even close. The Switch doesn't deserve this game and it chugs, and still requires half a download even with the cartridge. Nintendo has proven time and time again they can't get third party support right and they continue to with this garbage and Crash. Expand
  5. Jul 11, 2018
    Attention Bethesda: Breaking news flash... people who like Doom-type games dont want to be FORCED TO SIT THROUGH TONS OF BORING CINEMATICS. It was so bad it made me create a metacritic account just to create this review. I watched 10 minutes of extremely boring cgi scenes with the volume off, because I usually use my switch in a public place where any sound would be unwelcome. I wasntAttention Bethesda: Breaking news flash... people who like Doom-type games dont want to be FORCED TO SIT THROUGH TONS OF BORING CINEMATICS. It was so bad it made me create a metacritic account just to create this review. I watched 10 minutes of extremely boring cgi scenes with the volume off, because I usually use my switch in a public place where any sound would be unwelcome. I wasnt actually watching it, but I would glance at it occasionally. There was no way to skip the boring scenes and play the game at all. Even worse, occasionally the game would allow me to wiggle my head and require me to click a button in order to proceed, so I couldnt just ignore it and do something else until it finally let me play the game. Nintendo loves to do this kind of thing too, but never seen anything this long. After about four times where I thought I could start playing the damn game, I finally gave up. I dont care how good it is, making people sit through all those cinematics WITHOUT AN OPTION TO SKIP THE CINEMATICS...... why? Why force someone to sit through it who doesnt want to? Why not give the option? I wont know if the game was good (I doubt it, probably continue to make me watch boring B movie cinematics the whole game), fortunately there are plenty of other available options. PLEASE DONT SUPPORT GAMES WHICH FORCE YOU TO SIT THROUGH CINEMATICS. I didn't know better, so I accidentally bought it. Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2018
    While I'm impressed by the port from the technological point of view, I have to say: THIS GAME IS S**T.

This is a game for adult people, do you really believe that you need to tell adult people that Nazis are bad in the way you would explain it to a 4 years old? "NATSI BAAAAAAD. BOO BOO NATSI. NO NATSI". The storytelling of that game is an insult to my intelligence. In the beginning I

The storytelling of that game is an insult to my intelligence. In the beginning I thought this is a joke, but no, the really believe that their audience are a bunch of mentally disabled chaps that won't be able to process some serious storytelling. How could they **** this game up that baldy, after the first one was a true gem?

Generally favorable reviews - based on 51 Critic Reviews

1. NF Magazine
    Sep 5, 2018
    Stepping into the shoes of B.J. Blazkowicz makes for one wild ride! [Issue #35 – September/October 2018, p. 66]
  2. Aug 17, 2018
    At its core, Wolfenstein 2 for Switch feels exactly like the adventure we played last year. With solid mechanics and a thrilling story, the game truly shines. Despite some heavy technical downscaling, the shooter still plays very well on the Switch.
  3. Aug 9, 2018
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is an absolute must play for anyone who enjoys that genre at all. As for the Switch version, it is a bit of a mixed bag. If you only own Nintendo consoles and never use anything else, get it. If you are looking to play the game on the go and the Switch is your preferred gaming console, get it. If you have other consoles and you only use your Switch now and then, and want the best experience possible with Wolfenstein II, go a different route and experience it for the first time the way the developers intended.