7.8

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Apr 8, 2017
    NOTE: If you can, get the Wii U versions of all LEGO games. When 2 players are playing, one player gets the entire gamepad screen, the other gets the entire TV screen instead of using split-screen.

I was skeptical about this game at first, since it was only based off of 1 movie instead of 3 like the previous LEGO Star Wars games, which meant it could be a quick cash-grab that's light on content. Surprisingly, not only did it have enough content, but it managed to be the best LEGO game yet. This game seemed to know it needed to change up gameplay a little to keep things fresh after so many games with the same gameplay, and while the basics are still the same, some new things have been added. Flying sections have been changed to be like in the Battlefront games (at least I think, I haven't actually played them), and 3rd-person shooting sections have been added to mix things up. The combo system was also changed, and special moves were even added. I also liked how you could build different things with the same pieces, although that sometimes lead to situations where you couldn't undo your choice.

Other than that, the level design was definitely fun, though I do question the existence of the level in the Resistance base. I liked the hub worlds and the things you could do in them, I like some of the conversations between characters in levels, and I liked the character creator (although I still miss the ability to choose capes).
  2. Mar 26, 2017
    A great Star Wars game and a great co-op experience. However, like all Lego games, the Wii U version ultimately has some performance issues that you won't find in the PS4 or XBone version.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Sep 18, 2016
    It's the most fun we've had with a LEGO game in quite some time, as a matter of fact - smart design, some gameplay variety and a surprisingly impressive amount of content all weigh heavily in its favour. It strikes us as a game that had one of the more experienced and imaginative TT Games teams at the helm, and it charmed and entertained us over a number of hours.
  2. NF Magazine
    Sep 7, 2016
    It feels good to step back to where it all began. [Issue #23 – September/October 2016, p.70]
  3. Aug 9, 2016
    Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens feels designed to quell even the loudest detractors of the Lego games. With increased level variety, new gameplay additions and excellent, original dialogue, the title gives Star Wars fans plenty of reasons to revisit the franchise. The game could have benefited from a delay until after the release of Rogue One, but it’s hard to gripe about a title that offers players such a strong amount of content. Star Wars fans will find the game has quite a bit to offer.