7.4

1. Nov 10, 2011
    i cant believe you professional reviwers, how dare you? this game is the best arcade racer ive played for years, it has a simple but effective yet sometimes frustrating control, awesome visuals and good difficulty curve. speed is tremndous when you pull turbo boost car selection is nice multiplyr rocks......except for some minor control issues i cant really put this game down, maybe thei cant believe you professional reviwers, how dare you? this game is the best arcade racer ive played for years, it has a simple but effective yet sometimes frustrating control, awesome visuals and good difficulty curve. speed is tremndous when you pull turbo boost car selection is nice multiplyr rocks......except for some minor control issues i cant really put this game down, maybe the best racer on wii Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2016
    EA have done a great job with this game. Definitely the best Need for Speed game on the Wii. The career and multiplayer are the best modes I've played in the game. Also the soundtrack is great as well. I would recommend getting this game
  3. jamesc
    Nov 14, 2009
    The 2 player career mode is an entertaining addition, with speed being retained. (I haven't ried it with 4 simultaneous players but the option is there). In single player it's inevitably limited but there's plenty of entertainment here in multiplayer.
  4. SteveW
    Nov 3, 2009
    finally they focused on reliable gameplay. but I know the wii can do better graphics than this, so I'm a little disappointed. I still like the last one the best in the entire series, although too bad it glitches occasionally. With Nitro they got the engine solid as a rock, and it feels really fast which is great!
  5. JulesS
    Nov 4, 2009
    Great game, physic's spot on and the graphics are fantastic. Well worth the 50$ I paid unlike ODST which is nothing but a cheap expansion made my 2 designers and 2 programmers.
  6. ColinB.B.
    Dec 20, 2009
    I agree with the previous comments that the graphics are not that great even though the game is quite enjoyable on multiple aspects. As a rendering engineer I feel the art direction could have been more focus and synergestic with the rest of the gameplay. Still the fact that they support up to five control schemes make this game great.
  7. Colin
    Nov 2, 2009
    This game's classic arcade drifting is amazing! Something fresh and innovative from EA. Good job guys.
  8. CorZD
    Nov 29, 2009
    A refreshingly different approach to the racing genre. The graphical style is exciting, the sound of the cars is impressive as is the ability to customize them. The only thing I would like to see in a sequel would be mechanical upgrades, control customization and a choice of cockpit view or behind the car while racing view. Overall this game could be the basis for a whole new series as it A refreshingly different approach to the racing genre. The graphical style is exciting, the sound of the cars is impressive as is the ability to customize them. The only thing I would like to see in a sequel would be mechanical upgrades, control customization and a choice of cockpit view or behind the car while racing view. Overall this game could be the basis for a whole new series as it has a lot of potential! Expand
  9. JulesP
    Dec 17, 2009
    Definitely the best part of this game is the driving physics. It's so smooth and innovative! Actually, other driving games should learn from nitro! A masterpiece of car handling and simulation. Too bad the graphics are not so great... which is why I give it a 9 (and not a 10 - physics only deserve a 10).
  10. Mar 28, 2018
    прикольно, яркая графика, но недостаточно
  11. Aug 13, 2018
    Best racing game on Wii beside Mario Kart Wii. Visuals very eye catching, a great list of licensed cars, good handling, & sick racing soundtrack. Although the tracks can be described as few, the layouts are fun to race to plus the thrill of getting chased by cops either by giving them attention to you or get bribed by AIs/friends. Own it is a revolutionary/fresh idea from the series andBest racing game on Wii beside Mario Kart Wii. Visuals very eye catching, a great list of licensed cars, good handling, & sick racing soundtrack. Although the tracks can be described as few, the layouts are fun to race to plus the thrill of getting chased by cops either by giving them attention to you or get bribed by AIs/friends. Own it is a revolutionary/fresh idea from the series and intrigues you to lead first place more and more. Despite the mixed reviews from journalist, NFS Nitro is a successfull NFS title for the Wii. It may caters way more to young audience than people who prefer simulation or less pop culture based Expand

#25 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#24 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

Mixed or average reviews - based on 41 Critic Reviews

Something else that blindsided me was the killer sense of speed. Dropping behind the wheel of a Charger or Cobra for a quick race was immediately satisfying and while NITRO definitely suffers from low-res car models and building textures, that doesn't stop the game from feeling frighteningly fast.
  2. Even the distinction between car classes fails to develop the gameplay, and within the first half an hour you feel like you've seen pretty much everything the game has to offer. It might scream 'excitement' at the top of its tiny lungs, then, but Need For Speed: Nitro's initially endearing zest quickly degenerates into repetitive strain.
    Nitro is a blast despite its faults, and brings some simply awesome concepts to the table. If you’re a racing fan, this is the first NFS experience that’s actually worth the cash on Wii.