7.9

1. Oct 26, 2015
    It's 2015 and Fusion: Genesis is STILL da bomb, in a category of its own. After having played it on and off since its release, I'm still discovering new things to do. Given the choice, I'd purchase it again in a heartbeat. Wish there were more of its calibre!
  2. May 22, 2012
    Pretty much a grindfest, but the game is so darn long you can't really go wrong if you like the trial. Set in the year 2525, you are a robot chip who needs to find the meaning of life. You blast away stuff to find ore, the meaning of life is not there. There is a Limbo style level. The game saves well, freezes hardly ever. Give it a shot, turkey crotch.
  3. May 15, 2012
    This game is beautiful! I needed a break from Skyrim; so I went shopping for a different genre. Not expecting to find one as intriguing and consuming. To my surprise F:G swallowed 6 straight hours - and suddenly it was 3am (just playing the trial)! I dreamt about it and thought about it the whole next day at work. Then, I read some user and mag reviews - trying to decide if this was aThis game is beautiful! I needed a break from Skyrim; so I went shopping for a different genre. Not expecting to find one as intriguing and consuming. To my surprise F:G swallowed 6 straight hours - and suddenly it was 3am (just playing the trial)! I dreamt about it and thought about it the whole next day at work. Then, I read some user and mag reviews - trying to decide if this was a "flash in the pan" and whether I should spend the 800pts on it.
    Well, after another 5 hours playing the full game, I'm still glad I bought it. Sure there are week points, but the depth, customization, graphics and ability to have 4 custom sentients attached to your spaceship - mining, boosting, & fighting - keep bringing me back!
    I look forward to digging into the multiplayer tonite; although I was only buying for single player. So - I don't know what's so horribly wrong with this game that it receives an avg 69 from the magazines. I typically average the user & magazine scores to get a true score. So far, this game is a real treat - whether you want to sit back and mine/trade, or get into a huge warzone firefight!
    BTW, play the trial first to get a feel for the game, then start over and concentrate on learning how to customize your pilot skills, ship abilities and sentient abilities/boosts.
    Privateer-meets-Galaga
  4. Dec 4, 2011
    A gorgeous game, that's huge for a Live Arcade title, it has so much scope. A great balance of shooting, exploration and RPG/Trade elements. Nice if you want a balanced gameplay style and a game you can lose yourself in.

Just 800 Points for all this? Top marks from me!
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is well worth it, not only is it just 800msp , most games are 1200. So what do we get? A Singleplayer which has 100 missions, if not more, a Multiplayer which works with a drop in drop out system and is similar to a Massive Online Multiplayer World. The level of RPG in the way you can configure your ship, make purchases etc is VERY Deep considering it's price tag and at Par withThis game is well worth it, not only is it just 800msp , most games are 1200. So what do we get? A Singleplayer which has 100 missions, if not more, a Multiplayer which works with a drop in drop out system and is similar to a Massive Online Multiplayer World. The level of RPG in the way you can configure your ship, make purchases etc is VERY Deep considering it's price tag and at Par with ANY Retail game similar to this. In the end what U have is a Long single player, Good Multiplayer which provides, Co-op and PvP, RPG and Action shooter:) Try the Demo it's Free but it's more like a Trainer/Tutorial which does even cover how deep this game really is:) Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Very solid game so far.And kinda what XBOX live been missing.Kinda like a better Galaxy Under Fire for the Iphone if it were a twin stick shooter.I just hope people pick this up.And dont overlook it due to when it was released.
  7. May 22, 2012

Mixed or average reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. Games Master UK
    Jan 12, 2012
    There's also a sizeable RPG's-worth of game here, with an epic storyline and side-missions aplenty. [Feb 2012, p.91]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 10, 2012
    All missions are set around a basic template, and the whole idea never evolves to the point of having any meat on its bones. [Issue#80, p.103]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK