4.6

1. TuneerD.
    Aug 17, 2008
    Not a vey good game to have. It involves walking repeatedly around Hogwarts. The size of Hogwarts and places to discover are amazing thought. Anyone who gives it above 5 has no sense
  2. Roquentin
    Jul 18, 2007
    Literally 90% of this game is trudging from one end of Hogwarts to the other to find people and things. Your rewards: (1) Spells become more powerful, which is pointless because there are only a small handful of so-called battles, and they're actually harder to lose than to win, and (2) you get nagged repeatedly by Myrtle to come visit the rewards room, which offers endless Literally 90% of this game is trudging from one end of Hogwarts to the other to find people and things. Your rewards: (1) Spells become more powerful, which is pointless because there are only a small handful of so-called battles, and they're actually harder to lose than to win, and (2) you get nagged repeatedly by Myrtle to come visit the rewards room, which offers endless behind-the-scenes video clips of the film. Great if you're into that, I guess. I'd rather play any of the previous titles in the franchise than this one. Way too easy, way too boring. Expand
  3. AllistairP.
    Jul 4, 2007
    UGH! They finally get the world and controls just right, and fail to build an actual videogame around them. Gamespot was right on when they called it a "virtual reality chore simulator". No one would find this fun, except a 5 year old. I don't know what they were thinking. It could have been so damn good. There's always next time....again.
  4. EugenD.
    Oct 11, 2007
    What a tedious game! Endlessly walking back and forth, visiting the same places over and over again. I hate myself for having wasted my time on this.
  5. DylanP.
    Aug 11, 2008
    Totally worthless.
  6. SteveR.
    Jul 3, 2007
    This game is amazing! There is just so much to discover around Hogwarts, and so many people to meet with tasks to complete, that it will take ages to complete! There's no boring loading screens anywhere which is amazing as game is huge, and the minigames are great! 10 out of 10!
  7. TimmyT.
    Jun 30, 2007
    The closest thing to the books, Hogwarts is beautifully realized. The quests are pretty straight forward and rarely get to the annoying phase so many game designers think is fun these days. However, the camera is relatively frustrating, and it would be nice if the NPC's would move out of your way a bit more since it is difficult to guage the spacial relationships because of the fixed The closest thing to the books, Hogwarts is beautifully realized. The quests are pretty straight forward and rarely get to the annoying phase so many game designers think is fun these days. However, the camera is relatively frustrating, and it would be nice if the NPC's would move out of your way a bit more since it is difficult to guage the spacial relationships because of the fixed camera perspective. Expand
  8. AdamS.
    Jul 12, 2007
    For a fast development, 3 system game, OOTP delivers a sudo sand box environment worth exploring. Fan's will find many book ties that are absent from the movie, and a knowledge of the movies or books is recommended. The game "skips" many linking story lines and having read the book makes this bearable. If your new to Potter don't start with this game, you'll just get lost. An 8/10.
  9. dukedoom72
    Dec 23, 2008
    This IS the best Potter game! walkin around Hogwarts is a calm, almost tranguil feeling. - in a good way...Im no liar! I ve played my whole life, and i am 35 now.. so ive seen my share of crap. And this aint one! Sure the get-and-fetch structure can get abit tedious. But play now and then..If you like fairytales,.magic and fantasy- HP latest is a dream. And the graphics is amazing! Buy itThis IS the best Potter game! walkin around Hogwarts is a calm, almost tranguil feeling. - in a good way...Im no liar! I ve played my whole life, and i am 35 now.. so ive seen my share of crap. And this aint one! Sure the get-and-fetch structure can get abit tedious. But play now and then..If you like fairytales,.magic and fantasy- HP latest is a dream. And the graphics is amazing! Buy it you fools! Expand
  10. TrashQueen
    Jun 30, 2007
    If you like little hide and seek-games, if all you ever wanted to do in a game was "wingardium leviosa", a little poking around the hogwarts grounds, well, you can probably have fun playing the game.
    Having played The Twilight Princess, this game was a complete letdown for me. Yes, it's true - it's a very nice idea to use the wiimote as a wand, but it's not enough to compensate the story. If you don't know the books, haven't seen the movies, you'll suffer from the massive gaps and the terrible cuts. Surely, it could have been much worse, graphic and sound are well... ok, I guess.
  11. Feb 27, 2015
    When the game launched I would have given it a higher rating. Years later I have replayed through it on a new Gamertag and I still really enjoy it.

It is a refreshing twist and reminded me of Bully. Not exactly and open world adventure game but an Open Hogwarts Adventure game. Lot of collectibles and side quests with some that are fun and other that are annoying. Sill a very fun

Sill a very fun game with a lot of unique game mechanics. My favorite Harry Potter Game that does not have Lego in the Title.
  12. Aug 17, 2018
  13. Aug 18, 2018

1. EA truly made an extra effort here and created a good movie-based video game that players of almost all ages can enjoy, as long as they enjoy the whole Harry Potter premise.
    The experiment is a success and testament to the fact that EA really has been spending more time crafting these games as the movies and books become more ambitious. If "Half-Blood Prince" produces the same leap in concept as we've seen here, Potter fans will really be in for something.
    Is Harry Potter a good game? No, not particularly. The story's vague and badly realized; the characters aren't especially likeable, and the tasks you're given are tedious and involve a lot of plodding about Hogwarts. But does it capture the feel of the franchise? Absolutely, and if you really get involved in the game you'll forgive it its flaws.