7.3

1. AjL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    My biggest Dissapointment of 2006. I was a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online for DreamCast and clocked over 200 hours easily over the span of diffrent characters. This game however strays from the succsess of pso and takes the franchise in an abismall direction.The enviroments are uninspiring and the game play is stiff. The biggest down fall is its story mode. what was sonic team thinking My biggest Dissapointment of 2006. I was a huge fan of Phantasy Star Online for DreamCast and clocked over 200 hours easily over the span of diffrent characters. This game however strays from the succsess of pso and takes the franchise in an abismall direction.The enviroments are uninspiring and the game play is stiff. The biggest down fall is its story mode. what was sonic team thinking ,the wretched character design, especially of the main character, and the voice acting.....HORRIBLE Expand
  2. May 25, 2011
    What nutcase gave this game a 10 out of 10. When people start reviewing games in a rediculious light it ruins the meta scores. Ban them from this site. Oh just forgot whoever has been giving perfect scores for this game go and get oblivion or fallout. Would not recommend this game to anyone in a million years. Its really really bad. DO NOT BUY.
  3. BruinsFan247
    Dec 1, 2006
    Why? I repeat, Why, is this game on the 360? The graphics are PS2, the game play is as boring as any game ive ever played. I cant understand why people play co-op online in the first place. These kind of games are simply for gamers who cant get friends in real life.
  4. BrettS.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Oh, my god...what is going on with the gaming company's contracted to microsoft, xbox 360? I mean, forget about blaming them, how about making it simple and blaming xbox, we all know that it's them that gives the gaming companys deadlines and pushes them to release games before they should be. So, rather than slamming the creators of phantasy star, i'm going to set my Oh, my god...what is going on with the gaming company's contracted to microsoft, xbox 360? I mean, forget about blaming them, how about making it simple and blaming xbox, we all know that it's them that gives the gaming companys deadlines and pushes them to release games before they should be. So, rather than slamming the creators of phantasy star, i'm going to set my sights on microsoft. Bravo !!!! Let's begin, the graphics are horrible, it looks more like a play station 2 game than a revelutionary new game made for the revelutionary new system. Xbox is literally paving the road for playstation 3 to blow it out of the water. The AI in this game was dumber than my neighbors annoying purse sized dog (at least, I think it's a dog). The voice overs were, wait, there were none. The fight scenes were boring with nothing new or exciting. I was initially excited about this game because i love rpg's but I am catious about anything put out for the xbox 360 so i rented it first. I was not more than 3 minutes into the game when i began to regret wasting the 7 bucks to rent it. I want to say more about how worthless this game is but i get lost in all the possible things to say, so i will sum it up in one word, WHACK!!!! Expand
  5. DarrellA.
    Oct 14, 2006
    Hard to navigate, commands are too vague, hard to figure out voice chat and how to get missions.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Phantasy Star Universe, in the end, is just more of the same thing: simple dungeon crawling. It's fun online; it's not fun offline. This is a hard one to rate, as it's pretty convoluted. It ultimately depends on what type of experience you're looking for when you load it up.
  2. Phantasy Star Universe almost immediately feels dated, and the monthly fee is way too steep to justify, but at its core, it's still an enjoyable experience.
    It's a simplistic and shallow game that by all means should make it one of the worst RPGs ever made. It has a player-base that's virtually non-existent, and will only be decreasing with time. The single-player mode, though improving on the originals, is pretty shameful when compared to others. And yet, just like the original, it's a blast to play and will surely keep some people addicted for a long time.