7.1

1. Nov 8, 2019
    Candleman (Complete Journey / Complete Edition)

The good: Based on a Chinese legend. You are a candle with legs in a platform game. Easy achievements, 1500G for Complete Journey (minus the one in Chapter 9). The game is what it is and in chapter 9 you get a pleasant surprise. Beautiful graphics, light effects, lighting and transparencies very well achieved. It varies mechanics to
    Candleman (Complete Journey / Complete Edition)

The good:
    Based on a Chinese legend. You are a candle with legs in a platform game. Easy achievements, 1500G for Complete Journey (minus the one in Chapter 9). The game is what it is and in chapter 9 you get a pleasant surprise. Beautiful graphics, light effects, lighting and transparencies very well achieved. It varies mechanics to advance. You explore the environment at the cost of your life or your wax. It has been in discounts for a long time (including its expansion). Game make to Microsoft Studios China. If you get all the collectibles of the level you get a phrase to make a prose of what happens in the game.

The bad:
    Only for the issue of collectibles is re-playable once you have them all and all the achievements, there is no more (maybe "eyes full of tears"). Very short game. The expansion should be part of the main game.

Lo Meh: the original game ended in Chapter 9 and after the abrupt link took an expansion giving a more dignified outcome. The final stages of each level hit a high in difficulty ... episode 9 completely breaks the canons of the game.
  2. Feb 5, 2018
    Nice platformer. Very impressive simplicity in the gameplay yet plenty of interesting puzzles. I did find the ending funny I suppose.

Pros:
    - Nice looking game with simple yet fun gameplay
    - Shorter game but was good quality over quantity

Cons:
    - I couldn't always pick up on the depth and lost a lot of lives that way
    - Could of made it more challenging by adding tougher hidden candles
  3. May 25, 2017
    A good exclusive on xbox one. Small but beautiful.
    You can control a little candle who can walk, jump and can only lightening itself for a while.
    For each chapter, there are different themes and design for you to walkthrough. The story is unique. I like it but hope the future DLC can give us more stories about the little candle. If you like platformer and beautiful game design, you
    A good exclusive on xbox one. Small but beautiful.

If you like platformer and beautiful game design, you can try this little candleman's adventure on xbox one now.
  4. Feb 12, 2017
    There is a great little game. The basic mechanics are that you can light your own wick and you can jump - that's it. The beauty is really in the level design which is superb. Each level starts in darkness and you have 10 seconds worth of candle wick to light, this means you have to think very carefully about when you can light your candle to see where you are going as you will have toThere is a great little game. The basic mechanics are that you can light your own wick and you can jump - that's it. The beauty is really in the level design which is superb. Each level starts in darkness and you have 10 seconds worth of candle wick to light, this means you have to think very carefully about when you can light your candle to see where you are going as you will have to light it so you don't fall to your death or step on something lethal.
    Each level will have a number of dead candles strategically positioned that you can light to help you see where you are going and when you die and replay levels they will be there to help you through tough spots. The levels themselves are the stars as there are various mechanics which make the journey tougher and easier. In some levels there are light sensitive plants which can help you across water or fall on you and crush you or lilies that you can stand on but get devoured by whirlpools and each set of levels have unique themes and puzzles.
    I was really impressed by how the level design worked with such limited movement and functionality, i was never bored and always wanted to see what happened next which was helped by the almost Disney like backgrounds and animations. Having a little candle helped too as you got invested in his journey and wanted him to succeed.
    I will be following this dev as this is his first game and it shows such polish and imagination. Great value for money and it will stick in your memory.
    Highly recommended!
  5. Feb 6, 2017
    This game is cute, but far too short and simplistic. The camera and controls just don't feel polished. Frame rate drops also are a real annoyance. Maybe when it goes on sale people can take a chance on it and pick it up
  6. Feb 3, 2017
    Candleman walks the fine line between an indie game that serves up tight core gameplay but varies it up enough with an interesting story and character development that makes me feel like I'm getting something out of playing. The concept is simple, really - control a sentient candle and maneuver your way in the dark through difficult platforming and good timing. Here's the catch - for eachCandleman walks the fine line between an indie game that serves up tight core gameplay but varies it up enough with an interesting story and character development that makes me feel like I'm getting something out of playing. The concept is simple, really - control a sentient candle and maneuver your way in the dark through difficult platforming and good timing. Here's the catch - for each of the 36 levels in the game, you only have 10 seconds of candle light to use before you die.

Overall, I think it's an interesting game that's thought provoking and beautifully created. I took away a point because some of the levels can be difficult to survive, but that might just be my error. At $15, it was a solid purchase for me.
  7. Feb 12, 2017
    Highly recommended!

Generally favorable reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 19, 2017
    Despite being short, it will undoubtedly delight platform genre lovers.
  2. Feb 21, 2017
    Despite having a few faults, it definitely deserves attention and love, because it’s solid, memorable and generally well made game.
  3. Feb 11, 2017
    If you're looking for an adorable game with tight platforming, a unique lighting mechanic, fantastic graphics and level design then Candleman if for you.