6.1

1. Jun 22, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a beautiful remake of the 1999 original Crash Team Racing. Packed to the brim with break-neck speeds and perfectly refinished maps that pose a challenge to new fans and players of the original game. This classic Cart style game pits players against each other with a wacky, high-powered, explosion filled arsenal, ranging from TNT crates to Roaming balls ofCrash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a beautiful remake of the 1999 original Crash Team Racing. Packed to the brim with break-neck speeds and perfectly refinished maps that pose a challenge to new fans and players of the original game. This classic Cart style game pits players against each other with a wacky, high-powered, explosion filled arsenal, ranging from TNT crates to Roaming balls of Lightning as well as other familiar items from the Crash game series. You race 8 carts deep on insane maps, some just as dangerous as the weapons given to players. I enjoyed dodging the constant danger while trying to keep my Nitro-Fuled boosts coming in fast to keep in the front of the pack. All the while trying to absorb the intricate stage designs, filled with nostalgic scenes from the Crash Bandicoot series. The unique Drift Boost kept me on my toes every moment of the race while driving for my life. Weather you were a fan of the original Crash Team Racing, The Crash Bandicoot Series, or just cart combat racing I would highly recommend this game as a must buy for your Xbox One library. Expand
  2. Feb 7, 2020
    Una excelente remasterización del clásico de 1999, mejorado e innovado a niveles inimaginables, gráficos y colores de película, sencillamente perfecto.

Ojalá se animen a sacar un remake de Crash Bash...
  3. Jan 25, 2020
    El mejor juego de karts que existe.
    Además de un continuo fan service que no deja de apoyar a los fans con nuevo contenido gratuito
  4. Hpb
    Sep 8, 2020
    Após 20 anos, fazem essa maravilha tão esperada pelos fãs do marsupial. Conseguiram abordar uma idéia "digamos" moderna mas, ainda sim tem aquele "apego" forte pela nostalgia, com os gráficos melhorados, redesigns dos personagens bem elaborados e com novas adições:
    De karts, pistas, personagens, modo de customização, Pit stop e até um modo online para torna a experiência ainda mais "prazerosa" que dar gosto de apreciar. Foi o melhor jogo de corrida de karts em 2019, que eu já joguei e (sem dúvida) é uns dos melhores remakes de todos os tempos!! É um jogo muito divertido para todos os fãs de Crash Bandicoot!!
  5. Nov 1, 2019
    I love this game! I've been playing for 2 months now. I had the original for PS1, and this is SO much more than a remake! They stayed faithful to the original while adding so many amazing touches. The original tracks look SO much better! They also included some tracks from Crash Nitro Kart and they keep adding new content. They've already added 4 tracks since launch, not to mentionI love this game! I've been playing for 2 months now. I had the original for PS1, and this is SO much more than a remake! They stayed faithful to the original while adding so many amazing touches. The original tracks look SO much better! They also included some tracks from Crash Nitro Kart and they keep adding new content. They've already added 4 tracks since launch, not to mention characters, skins, karts, paint, etc. My only complaint is the online mode. matchmaking can take forever sometimes, and the competition is not evenly balanced. Expand
  6. Jan 6, 2020
    Muy buena versión aunque aquí el online está un poco muerto comparado con PS4 o Switch
  7. Jun 22, 2019
    Faithful remaster of the original. Optional control schemes for classic play or a more modern control scheme make this game enjoyable for old and new players alike. CTR offers a chaos and visual palette that mario kart often struggles to match and it's no surprise that the original version of this game changed the genre forever.
  8. Feb 17, 2020
    Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a splendid masterpiece of gaming! It is a wonderful recreation of the original CTR, and it is much more as well - since the beginning of monthly Grand Prixs, Beenox has added huge amounts of customization items, new tracks, new characters, new skins and more! Throughout last year and up until now, Beenox made content of this game a blast of awesomeness!Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a splendid masterpiece of gaming! It is a wonderful recreation of the original CTR, and it is much more as well - since the beginning of monthly Grand Prixs, Beenox has added huge amounts of customization items, new tracks, new characters, new skins and more! Throughout last year and up until now, Beenox made content of this game a blast of awesomeness!
    Even in its basic form, game has worth of 2 beautiful games (31 tracks, 26 characters and variety of customization), but after accessing online content (WITHOUT ANY MICROTRANSACTIONS), you can unlock your roster up to 51 characters, have 40 tracks and so many customization items that give you over 760 MILLION options to create a setup for a kart. I mean how wonderful is that? Speaking of wonder, graphics in this game are superb! It was breathtaking to see intro of Tiger Temple or to jump in Oxide Station! Mechanics are almost like in the original, which gives a player control like in no other racing game. Adventure itself and some challenges are like they should be – challenging. I admit that some of them may require multiple tries to succeed, but rewards for trying are indeed great. Not only racing is great in CTRNF, it also have multiple battle modes when you can play with your friends in setup that you have chosen.
    Game is wonderful and great, I give it easy 10/10
  9. Jun 29, 2019
    It's so much fun, I love it. Beautiful to look at and the gameplay is so addictive that I literally had trouble driving my real car today as I felt like power sliding through intersections. (Don't do that - drive responsibly!!!) Playing this game just makes me feel good even though I still really suck at it. The characters are hilarious. I never played the original games but all the mapsIt's so much fun, I love it. Beautiful to look at and the gameplay is so addictive that I literally had trouble driving my real car today as I felt like power sliding through intersections. (Don't do that - drive responsibly!!!) Playing this game just makes me feel good even though I still really suck at it. The characters are hilarious. I never played the original games but all the maps are included so there's a ton of new environments to look at and tracks to master. Plus the other game modes could be a lot of fun with friends, like battle modes and capture the flag and whatnot. I'm really glad I bought it. Expand
  10. Jul 7, 2019
    This game is actually fun, unlike Mario Kart and yeah it's quite challenging and full of different mechanics, you should definitely play it.

Although I like the mechanics, it's far from being a masterpiece in my eyes so.
  11. Jul 2, 2019
    What a great game, nostalgia overload. I assume anyway, I haven't played it yet but I will eventually. I assume it will be good. So for now, having not played the game yet I will give it and extremely positive review. If I don't like it which I doubt I may change my score, then again maybe I won't
  12. Jun 21, 2019
    One of the best remakes! , has many customizable aspects, many more brokers than the original, the graphics are very nice and above all it has nothing of micro transactions
  13. Jun 23, 2019
    This is a beyond perfect remaster of the kart racing game I have always regarded to be the best ever made. It's taken me back to my teenage years, this reboot has everything that made the original incredible and more! The customisation options for characters and karts are great, the rebooted graphics are amazing, even on the switch which has less powerful hardware, they've optimised itThis is a beyond perfect remaster of the kart racing game I have always regarded to be the best ever made. It's taken me back to my teenage years, this reboot has everything that made the original incredible and more! The customisation options for characters and karts are great, the rebooted graphics are amazing, even on the switch which has less powerful hardware, they've optimised it really well and it looks great still and you just lose a little definition as it runs in 720p resolution instead of the big console versions who are running at 1080 (both versions run at 30fps). The game features a few nods to the classic CTR game such as legacy soundtrack and authentic loading screen times (30secs to load a race for big console version, 45secs on switch). But don't let that get you down, This is a triumph, I urge everyone who has ever loved kart racers to give this a go, and the Mario kart fans especially have to give this a chance because it is in many ways superior, and rewards good players for usr of skill, and punishes you less with random crate power ups, and the speed of races increases as you get better at the game and chaining turbos and learning the tracks, etc - thankyou everyone who worked on this game! It is amazing!

TLDR:
    -loading times
    +best kart racing experience of all time
  14. Jun 21, 2019
    Muy entretenido y mantiene la esencia Mantiene todo hasta los atajos es muy muy completo , el nuevo contenido lo hace aún más regulable
  15. Nov 11, 2019
    A good overall package, which stays true to the original games and develops on them adding a slew of new content. CTR has a lot to do just like any Crash game, and is great to play solo or with friends.
    The micro transactions left a sour taste in many peoples mouths but this is an excellent experience that should be essential to Xbox or PS4 owners (as this is the reigning Kart Racer for both of those consoles)
  16. Aug 4, 2019
    crash team racing is a great racing game for both hard-core and casual gamers to be able to pick up and play its easy to learn how to play but difficult to master the graphics are beautiful it feels great to drift around the corners the recreation off the tracks are amazing and the character and the kart models are fantastic and I was actually was quite surprised how difficult the game wascrash team racing is a great racing game for both hard-core and casual gamers to be able to pick up and play its easy to learn how to play but difficult to master the graphics are beautiful it feels great to drift around the corners the recreation off the tracks are amazing and the character and the kart models are fantastic and I was actually was quite surprised how difficult the game was on the hardest difficulty to give you an idea how difficult the hardest difficulty is the ai would usually finish a race only like 2 3 or 4 seconds behind the time trials challenges times necessary to unlock the n tropy character yeah imagine that with 7 other ai racers throwing tnt crates rockets and bowling ball bombs etc. at you I have a lot off respect for anyone who can beat 100% of the adventure mode at the hardest difficulty so I would for the vast majority off gamers I would certainly say play the adventure mode on the medium difficulty setting which is the same difficulty the original game was set to this game dose has its faults however though the pit stop shop(the place you go to for purchasing characters and other cosmetic items with the in game currency you earn) dose look perfectly set up for micro transactions to be added later on in the games lifecycle so for those people that hate that stuff that's a heads up for you also you cant earn currency or access the shop while playing without being connected to Xbox live or psn (I hope that changes with a patch) in regards of how much in game currency you earn its enough to earn a new character once every 3 hours which costs 1500 coins plus your able to earn 5x the amount off in game currency by playing online against other players up until you get 2000 coins every day it goes up to 10x until you get 4000 coins on weekends so overall at least for right now im happy with the amount of in game currency you earn one last thing I did not like and this was a big one for me was the extremely limited options to change your controls 2 button layouts is all you get which resulted with me struggling with the controls for the first 2 hours off me playing the game I don't see why you couldn't just let us customise our own button layouts performance wise I did not have a single problem no frame rate loss not a single crash with my 16 hours off playtime and no real glitch problems overall I give this game an 8/10 however if you don't have Xbox live or psn at the time off this review its a 7/10 so long as you have Xbox live or psn its worth its $50 (aus$) price tag
    update as i suspected they did add in micro transactions in the month off august i keep the score at an 8 in the current state but will lower the score if they make the game p2w or put the in game rewards behind lootboxes
  17. Jun 21, 2019
    Perfetto in tutto!! Un ramake di CTR di qualità eccezionale con contenuti extra dei sui successori
  18. Jun 24, 2019
    The game features a few nods to the classic CTR game such as legacy soundtrack and authentic loading screen times (30secs to load a race for big console version, 45secs on switch). But don't let that get you down, This is a triumph, I urge everyone who has ever loved kart racers to give this a go, and the Mario kart fans especially have to give this a chance because it is in many waysThe game features a few nods to the classic CTR game such as legacy soundtrack and authentic loading screen times (30secs to load a race for big console version, 45secs on switch). But don't let that get you down, This is a triumph, I urge everyone who has ever loved kart racers to give this a go, and the Mario kart fans especially have to give this a chance because it is in many ways superior, and rewards good players for usr of skill, and punishes you less with random crate power ups, and the speed of races increases as you get better at the game and chaining turbos and learning the tracks, etc - thankyou everyone who worked on this game! It is amazing! Expand
  19. Aug 1, 2019
    They’ve added in microtransactions after promising not to. Thanks for that ActiS H I Tion, you’ve outdone yourselves.
  20. Aug 1, 2019
    Microtransactions were added after game launch to inflate reviews and deceive buyers.
  21. Aug 2, 2019
    MTX grind fest game, latest from Activision, It's amazing how they keep doing this.
  22. Aug 2, 2019
    Scumbag Activision have added micro transactions when they promised they wouldn't. Scumbags!

Unlike the original have made the game a grind fest to force you to buy them.
  23. Sep 22, 2019
    Activation is as bad as EA this game is now nothing but a micro transaction mess they lied and said there would be no micro transactions yet here we are this game is terrible don't buy!
  24. Aug 6, 2019
    Activision: Let's implement Microtransactions after the good reviews.

Thanks for screw up this classic.
  25. Aug 13, 2019
    Activision should be ashamed of themselves for adding microtransactions post-launch after all the positive reviews have been released. They've banked on goodwill that was falsely earned and have engaged in false advertising. It's awful to see this happen to my most favourite kart racer, but this is a disgusting monetary greedy action we shouldn't stand for. Please do not buy this game.
  26. Aug 2, 2019
    Activision: Promise to not add Microtransactions

Also Activision: Adds Microtransactions
  27. Jul 14, 2019
    Put a f...... Ranked online. Online sucks because of high level players mixed with beginers !!!!
  28. Aug 1, 2019
    Cucktivision implementing Microtransactions in a full priced game for content that should be in it from the beginning for the price tag, They should never be trusted with any upcoming titles.
  29. Jul 31, 2019
    So the game itself is pretty good when it first came out, until greedy Activi$ion decided to screw over their fans by putting microtransactions in a remake of a 20 year-old game before fixing the problems with online.
    #RemoveMicrotransactionsFromCTR
  30. Jun 24, 2019
    Those who are used to smooth 60fps from Mario kart 8, sonic team racing will hate playing this game at 30fps.
  31. Jul 30, 2019
    FIX DATA CORRUPTION! THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE NOW, YOUR GAME NEEDS FIXING. unbelievable.
  32. Jun 22, 2019
    Great visuals aside, this game is just boring. I spent 3 hours going through the story and i don't even feel like doing anything else. The controller configuration is horrendous for a racing game. The controller setup may be faithful to the original but would it kill to put in a modern racing game control scheme? The button layout makes power sliding, the most important thing in the game,Great visuals aside, this game is just boring. I spent 3 hours going through the story and i don't even feel like doing anything else. The controller configuration is horrendous for a racing game. The controller setup may be faithful to the original but would it kill to put in a modern racing game control scheme? The button layout makes power sliding, the most important thing in the game, one of the most irritating things to do.

The power sliding is also very hit or miss, the thumb-stick needs to be moved quite far to the left or right to engage a power slide which messes with the alignment of the characters and makes me smack into walls.

The only thing this game gets right is the feeling and aesthetic of a clunky 90's racing game. The original game hasn't aged well and the developers have replicated the ageing aspect perfectly.

Overall a very disappointing game i won't be playing outside of a week after release.
  33. Aug 1, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Since many people didnt know about this, I have marked this as a spoiler. They will add micro transactions. Expand
  34. Aug 2, 2019
    Avoid this game. Activision have revealed what we all suspected, the grindiness of the game was merely the foundation for disgusting post-launch monetisation. Original game + retroarch is the way to go.
  35. Aug 2, 2019
    Micro-transactions post launch, bussnesspractices that need to change. Otherwise a good game.
  36. Sep 30, 2019
    Activision-Blizzard pulled a Blops4: they waited about a month to rack up goodwill reviews, then injected egregious, anti-consumer microtransactions after the overwhelming majority of people were done reviewing the game, and after promising not to add MTX. This is a long-standing pattern of behavior for them. NEVER trust an Activision-Blizzard product and their lies.
  37. Aug 3, 2019
    This "game" is full of glitches like data corruption, lobbies crashing when hosts leave, tracks that don't work right, placement of racers getting jumbled after a race, etc. The whole point of the game is to win races to get coins to buy new racers, carts, and cosmetics. However, the coin payout is atrocious and gives you barely anything, so the game becomes a boring, grindy slog to playThis "game" is full of glitches like data corruption, lobbies crashing when hosts leave, tracks that don't work right, placement of racers getting jumbled after a race, etc. The whole point of the game is to win races to get coins to buy new racers, carts, and cosmetics. However, the coin payout is atrocious and gives you barely anything, so the game becomes a boring, grindy slog to play through. You're also required to play online if you actually want to earn any too. Of course, instead of actually fixing the game, Activision decided it would be a good idea to add in greedy, predatory microtransactions after they said they wouldn't and the game somehow got good reviews despite being a broken mess. Total waste of $40!!! Save yourself the trouble and money, and go buy a better game!!! Expand
  38. Jun 23, 2019
    This game is honestly the worst game i've ever **** played. For a kart racer it's a spin off of mario as most things of the genre tend to be. It has the most god awful controls i've ever experienced in a game and the drift mechanic is dreadful. Needs customizable controls rather than two **** layouts. Not worth the money at all, go get a wii and mario kart and you'll have 10x moreThis game is honestly the worst game i've ever **** played. For a kart racer it's a spin off of mario as most things of the genre tend to be. It has the most god awful controls i've ever experienced in a game and the drift mechanic is dreadful. Needs customizable controls rather than two **** layouts. Not worth the money at all, go get a wii and mario kart and you'll have 10x more enjoyment than on this game. The love all these soy boys have for this game will die off shortly when they see some more flashing colours in an ad. Brainwashed idiots Expand
  39. Jun 23, 2019
    Still has the same problems as original. If you are going to make a remake why not iron out the kinks? That's completely beyond me. Hit boxes are sh't, slide boost doesn't always activate and rubber band AI is the last thing anybody ever wants in a racing game, be it a serious simulator or a casual kart racer. Your win is determined by the AI's random weapon pick ups. Doesn't matter if youStill has the same problems as original. If you are going to make a remake why not iron out the kinks? That's completely beyond me. Hit boxes are sh't, slide boost doesn't always activate and rubber band AI is the last thing anybody ever wants in a racing game, be it a serious simulator or a casual kart racer. Your win is determined by the AI's random weapon pick ups. Doesn't matter if you do a perfect race with continuous boost chain. If the AI racer behind you gets a good weapon you are going to lose. So you win by pure luck, skill has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Despite of all the problems when played with friends on the same couch, CTR is still the most fun you can have. As a single player experience, it's still sh't like it was back then.
  40. Jan 3, 2020
    In the most disgusting and devious of ways they have added microtransactions shortly after release,

AFTER MOST OF THE REVIEWS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED. The game is utterly ruined now. Do NOT buy this. Games as a service is planned obsolescence. Play the original CTR on a PS1 emulator instead. It doesn't force you to be online to spend your "wumpa coins" that you can buy with

AFTER MOST OF THE REVIEWS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED.

Play the original CTR on a PS1 emulator instead. It doesn't force you to be online to spend your "wumpa coins" that you can buy with real money, and you'll feel rewarded while playing it.
  41. Aug 9, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    I was a playstation kid, but I still managed to never play the original crash team racing So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t… The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is.. Crash Team Racing is an okay kart racer with greed killing its ultimate fun factor. Im a huge fan of
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    More like Micro Transaction Fueled
    So I have going for me what most playing this game don’t…
    The lack of nostalgia blinding me for what this game ultimately is..
    Im a huge fan of kart racers, im a huge fan of crashbandicoot, so I want into this game wanting to love it..
    Ive heard so many good things about the original, so much so that I bought thep laystation classic version to one day play it, only for months later get smacked with the announcement that rthey are remaking the original much like the crash collection…
    And quite frankly this should’ve been included in that collection, because by itself its not special enough in present day 2019 to justify a standalone release.
    The tracks are boring, the racing is slow, the pick ups are lame, the adventure mode takes a measly 3 hours to complete, and everything is hidden behind a pay wall…
    Kart racers I get are meant to play over and over, do chllenges, unlock characters and skins, but greed got in the way of nitro fueled…
    the tiniest unlockable like a wheel or color scheme takes a ridiculous amount of coin to unlock for how little you earn from completing races… killing the potential hook of racing over and over, doing all of the challenges to get that quick rewarding feeling of progress,Oddly enough this is my biggest gripe with this game..
    I may not have the rose tinted glasses everyone else has, but I can be forgiving when it comes to this game feeling dated… it’s a remake of a 20 year old game… its okay that the control scheme feels unintuitive, its okay that the tracks aren’t spectacular.. because back in the day these tracks were full of life, the control scheme was perfect… its sad to me that the modern day aspects actually take away from the potential greatness of this game.
    I want to earn my characters and gear,
    I don’t want to pay for them, and I don’t want to grind for them.
    But that’s the reality of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.
    Youre rewarded at a slow pace playing a dated kart racer to try and force money from your wallets.
    I don’t have the nostalgia whispering in my ear telling me the sweet lies of this is the greatest kart racer of all time.
    The racing, the tracks, none of it could keep my attention barely long enough to get through the 3 hour campaign let alone grind for hours to get a new paint job.
    There is some positive here though, this is a beautiful remake of a playstation one game, the tracks look beautiful…
    Im so happy that the campaign manages to keep them fresh throughout, rarely repeating aside from boss battles as you prove yourself to be the fastest racer in the world…
    I do wish however you chould change the difficutly settings mid adventure instead of having to start a new one completely…
    Or better yet, have the difficulty of the races increase as the campaign goes on, rather than set every race as either easy medium or hard and deal with that throughout the entire 3 hours.
    This keeps the campaign feeling stale and flat, instead of exciting and challenging.
    I would love to see crash come back with a crash 4, and this team tackle an activision kart racer with the knowledge obtioned by going back and playing with these classics…
    And while doing this.. seeing the flaws, seeing where they can improve instead of pretending they are perfect like everyone else does
    I give Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
    a 6/10
  42. Jul 6, 2019
    Highly Recommended for all New Players, and Old Crash Team Racing Players. Great Remade Story, A 50/50 Good Online Multiplayer, couch CO-OP Split Screen, Easy Controls, Beautiful Maps, It's a Must Buy and a Must Play
  43. Sep 4, 2020
    Activision is one of the greediest companies in the gaming industry and they added microtransactions to this game after the game launched. Activision lays off huge numbers of people even when they make record profits. Activision also does not pay taxes and they receive money back from the government, meaning our tax dollars directly go to Activision whether we want them to or not.Activision is one of the greediest companies in the gaming industry and they added microtransactions to this game after the game launched. Activision lays off huge numbers of people even when they make record profits. Activision also does not pay taxes and they receive money back from the government, meaning our tax dollars directly go to Activision whether we want them to or not. Activision is a terrible company and they soured this otherwise decent release, like they do with nearly every game they release. Stop supporting this terrible company. Expand
  44. Aug 17, 2020
    Its a pretty looking game but the load times are a total deal breaker for me. I own the original ps1 game and the loading on the remaster takes twice as long.
    Playing online, the Crash Cove track takes longer to load than to actually run the short 3 lap race. No joke.
  45. Oct 17, 2020
    pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc pc
  46. Mar 10, 2020
    Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a wonderful recreation of 1999 classic CTR and later sequel CNK. Crash is back in the driver seat and his performance on the race track is brilliant. Mechanics closely mimics those of original CTR, which is great given that original was the best karting game ever. Graphics and design are exquisite, executed in very intelligent way. Team at Beenox have putCrash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is a wonderful recreation of 1999 classic CTR and later sequel CNK. Crash is back in the driver seat and his performance on the race track is brilliant. Mechanics closely mimics those of original CTR, which is great given that original was the best karting game ever. Graphics and design are exquisite, executed in very intelligent way. Team at Beenox have put a lot of care to make tracks not only copies of original, but also stand on their own. It's a great thing to see how many artistic liberties and ideas were taken to make those tracks really stand out. When it comes to characters choice, there are a lot of them, you can play with up to 50 different characters as for today (and more are meant to come); that's the biggest amount there is among kart racing games. Adventure mode and time trials are challenging but fair. Game gives player huge control over the vehicle and demands decent usage of this control. Learning curve will vary from person to person, but it's not as aggressive as many are portraying it. CTR NF certainly requires conviction in learning, but learning will pay off. Game is amazing and I’m glad that I had the chance to play it! Expand
  47. Mar 29, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. CTRNF is a challenging Kart Racer. This is no Mario Kart and in some aspects does things better than the plumber boy. It takes learning and practice to master its unique boosting system. Has many modes including a battle mode, story mode, ring collecting mode, time trials, and item collecting modes. The only thing that feels left out is a team racing mode, ya'know from the title. However, the original didn't have one either so it is hardly an issue.

It is a polished experience with single and local play. One real issues is the invisible walls that seem to pop up out of nowhere and throw away all your speed. They are not common, though. I haven't tried to online but I here it has some problems but is not unplayable. All in all the game is much less RNG based than Mario Kart.

Progression consists of the story mode and wumpa coins which can be earn by collecting golden wumpas, complete races, and complete challenges. Some wumpa coin rates boost at certain times (weekend bonus for offline and online and wumpa time for online.) They have also added micro transactions post-launch which is evil, and typical Activision. However, this doesn't earn the game a 0/10. They have sense also added the weekend bonus for offline and golden wumpas, making wumpa coins easier to gain. These wumpa coins allow you to purchase items in the pitstop.

These items allow you to play as new characters and customize your kart and characters. There are also secret characters you can unlock elsewhere. If the orange bandicoot had as big a fanbase as Sonic, this game would be much more popular. This is because of the roster. It caters to original Crash fans, the ones that have crawled through the bandicoot's dark ages, and new fans. This games borrow characters and easter eggs from throughout Crash's past, whether good games or bad, and puts them into this excellent game. Behold RIlla Roo returns from his twenty year prison from being in one game. Look! It is Yaya Panda from the very obscure mobile games. The characters are a true highlight of the Crash Franchise and make this game in particular a must-play for true Crash Bandicoot fans.

There are many techniques to master in the game to blow past the competition. All of them take skill. In Mario Kart you can just hold a shell behind you and block a projectile. Ctrnf has you throw something behind you (or put on a shield) right before the thing hits you to block it. However, the missiles are a bit off with the tracking and indicator of how close on it to hitting you. Oh, and the tracks are well designed, too. The game mixes the original CTR tracks with reworked Nitro Kart tracks (without anti-gravity (the plumber boy stole ant-gravity from Nitro Kart btw)) and completely new tracks.

This is the Super Smash Bros Ultimate of Crash games and a beautiful Kart Racer. Though it lacks the accessibility of Mario Kart, that isn't a bad thing. This just makes CTRNF for a different audience, those who don't want to be hit by a blue shell three times per race.

9/10, it truly deserved its game award.
  48. Jul 31, 2020
    i liked it when it was on PlayStation 1. and this game was soo good. better than mario kart in my opinion. you have to learn how to boost drift. small learning curve, but solo is fun. online is better. online can be kinda buggy. but im glad beenox kept supporting the game for as long as they did, adding new tracks, characters, karts every month. you can pick whatever kart you want andi liked it when it was on PlayStation 1. and this game was soo good. better than mario kart in my opinion. you have to learn how to boost drift. small learning curve, but solo is fun. online is better. online can be kinda buggy. but im glad beenox kept supporting the game for as long as they did, adding new tracks, characters, karts every month. you can pick whatever kart you want and whatever character you want and just pick your "style" of driving. some styles do better on certain tracks. they also have a plethora of different modes to play for couch co-op for up to 4 players. i played this game for months and bought the gum and got the exclusive kart from xfinity. awesome kart racer. time trials are really hard tho. cant make any mistakes boosting Expand
  49. Aug 24, 2020
    El mejor juego que hay!!!!!
    Gracias por la dedicación y esfuezo he pasado las mejores horas para jugar

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Aug 8, 2019
    An absolutely beautiful recreation of a magnificently designed racer. [Issue#180, p.81]
  2. Jul 16, 2019
    Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is a beautiful trip back in time. It is also great that PS4 and XB1 owners finally have a truly great kart racer available on their machines. This game is a must-own for anyone that loves these types of games, and for the price it is impossible not to recommend. Just be prepared for the difficulty and remember playing on easy is perfectly fine, and much more enjoyable for that casual romp.
  3. Jul 8, 2019
    I really enjoyed my time with Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled, as it brought the original PSone game to life with modern day visuals and sound, and I got to play it on the Xbox One. There is a heck of a lot to do in the game too, so you won’t get through it too quickly, and for completionists out there, you’ll enjoy all that the game has you doing. It’s worth reiterating that the game can be tough, and that is something you’ll have to adjust to, as you memorize the tracks, their shortcuts and all. Don’t let this fact keep you from playing it though, as there is a lot of fun here for those who have not played the game in the past, and for those returning to the world of Crash Team Racing, you’ll be very happy with this remaster too.