6.1

1. Jan 30, 2020
    Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is a Narrative Adventure. Kentucky Route Zero is part animated Novel, and part Point-and-Click adventure. The game paints a dark and moody scene with every move, and each character it introduces. The game doesn't exactly focus on a single character, but the Zero. The Zero is a road that is lost to reality and is haunted by the miserable spirits that haveKentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is a Narrative Adventure. Kentucky Route Zero is part animated Novel, and part Point-and-Click adventure. The game paints a dark and moody scene with every move, and each character it introduces. The game doesn't exactly focus on a single character, but the Zero. The Zero is a road that is lost to reality and is haunted by the miserable spirits that have found their way there. The game doesn't use and music to set the mood, instead the ambient sounds and art style paint the drab picture. This game has been 9 Years in the making, and the love and care for this work of art is obvious in every scene. With five chapters and corresponding intermissions, the story gets thicker each step. I don't want to give away any of the story, so I won't delve too deep. The Story starts with Conway as it's main interest, and he's making his last delivery. This is a metaphoric situation (as is almost everything in the story) as his place in the world, his purpose for being is also coming to its end. This Delivery is what brings him to the Zero. Every aspect of this tale seems to be loaded with metaphors and deep loss. This game stands out from anything I've ever experienced and doesn't feel like it fits into any genre. The experience is rich, and I think most people should experience this story first-hand. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 25, 2020
    While it took me a while to get into it, I enjoyed my time with Kentucky Route Zero. It has style, it has charm, and more importantly, it has the interesting concept of allowing the player to shape the foundation of the game along with the characters and their motivations. It’s something I don’t think I have ever seen done before, at least, not in this sort of scale. Fans of story driven games such as this will have a great time with it. Don’t expect a lot of action or hard puzzles. This is like cracking open a choose-your-own-adventure book and shaping the words on the page. If that is your thing, you’ll love this.
  2. Feb 19, 2020
    In short, Kentucky Route Zero is an amazing indie, a game that is not for everyone because of the number of lines of text shown on the screen and, in some way, a very different title to everything else we have played in the last years. His narrative of sometimes somewhat complex but the immersion that he achieves on the part of the player in the 10 or 12 hours that it takes to complete it is total. It is certainly a highly recommended experience for those looking for an introspective adventure that makes them reflect.
  3. Feb 12, 2020
    This is an interactive drama that experiments with the narrative and the video game mechanics to create an surrealist road movie where players are the writers.