6.1

1. Jan 30, 2020
    Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is a Narrative Adventure. Kentucky Route Zero is part animated Novel, and part Point-and-Click adventure. The game paints a dark and moody scene with every move, and each character it introduces. The game doesn't exactly focus on a single character, but the Zero. The Zero is a road that is lost to reality and is haunted by the miserable spirits that haveKentucky Route Zero: TV Edition is a Narrative Adventure. Kentucky Route Zero is part animated Novel, and part Point-and-Click adventure. The game paints a dark and moody scene with every move, and each character it introduces. The game doesn't exactly focus on a single character, but the Zero. The Zero is a road that is lost to reality and is haunted by the miserable spirits that have found their way there. The game doesn't use and music to set the mood, instead the ambient sounds and art style paint the drab picture. This game has been 9 Years in the making, and the love and care for this work of art is obvious in every scene. With five chapters and corresponding intermissions, the story gets thicker each step. I don't want to give away any of the story, so I won't delve too deep. The Story starts with Conway as it's main interest, and he's making his last delivery. This is a metaphoric situation (as is almost everything in the story) as his place in the world, his purpose for being is also coming to its end. This Delivery is what brings him to the Zero. Every aspect of this tale seems to be loaded with metaphors and deep loss. This game stands out from anything I've ever experienced and doesn't feel like it fits into any genre. The experience is rich, and I think most people should experience this story first-hand. Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 6 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 12, 2020
    This is an interactive drama that experiments with the narrative and the video game mechanics to create an surrealist road movie where players are the writers.
  2. Feb 12, 2020
    Kentucky Route Zero is a masterful piece of interactive storytelling. Mysterious, mercurial, and exquisitely beautiful.
  3. Feb 9, 2020
    Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition on Xbox One is a one-off game. In fact, I doubt we will see a game like this for years to come. Lovers of action, frantic gameplay and lack of narratives won’t find much in here I’m afraid, however those who love stories and how narratives shape our lives will utterly adore this game.