8.0

1. Dec 12, 2014
    Limbo is a game that I somehow never played on Xbox 360. That is definitely something I regret, as the game is fantastic. It tells a unique story without dialogue or cutscenes, and the ending is left open for interpretation. The puzzles are also excellent and varied. My only complaint is that sometimes death means for an annoying delay for respawn.
  2. Jan 20, 2015
    This game is very fun, but needs a little work, and is very complex.

PROS
    -Creative
    -Dark
    -creepy

CONS
    -boring from time to time
    -hard too frequently
  3. Feb 14, 2015
    I got this game free and I played through and got all the achievements except the less than 5 deaths one. It was worth playing but not as great as I was led to believe. I didn't really have fun playing this game and that is why I gave it such a low score. Also I feel that most of the deaths are not due to player error but to unresponsive controls. I liked the story and the atmosphere butI got this game free and I played through and got all the achievements except the less than 5 deaths one. It was worth playing but not as great as I was led to believe. I didn't really have fun playing this game and that is why I gave it such a low score. Also I feel that most of the deaths are not due to player error but to unresponsive controls. I liked the story and the atmosphere but the game lacked something because I really never once had fun. Expand
  4. Dec 12, 2014
    Limbo is a great independent game that is enjoyable and different. I played through this game on the xBox 360 and it was given as a free download to Day One owners of the Xbox One. I was able to play through the entire game in roughly three hours and from what I saw it was the same game from the 360, just ported over, not even with a first-person mode. I kid, I kid.

For those who have

For those who have not experienced the game, it is a slow-paced adventure game with ranged puzzles. It does not have combat and your character can only jump and climb, similar to The Cave. The environment has an eerie style and the game plays seamlessly from beginning to end without any level changes or load screens.

The game consists of playing as a boy who you can only see a silhouette of with glowing eyes. Overall there are broad puzzles ranging from very easy to more complex with timing involvement. Limbo is an interesting play through, the story is up for interpretation and the puzzles are amusing. It is a different game than most and the art style is the true draw.

If you want something enjoyable and brief to play this is the game for you. However, if you are expecting a huge experience with in-depth gameplay and a thought provoking story I'd pass on it. Personally, Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood was more enjoyable for me.

My suggestion is that since it was given for free to varying XB1 users, I would foresee that it will end up as a free XB Gold game soon shortly after the release in December...save your money.

Thanks for reading, never stop playing.
  5. Aug 10, 2017
    LIMBO
    A dark story and challenging puzzles
    Uncertain of his sisters fate, a boy enters limbo. Limbo is a puzzle platformer where you play as this boy searching for his little sister The entire game aside from a few exceptions is black and white, this makes for some really great moments in the beginning of limbo as its hard to tell whats a trap or enemy and what isn’t.. this keeps you
    LIMBO
    A dark story and challenging puzzles
    Uncertain of his sisters fate, a boy enters limbo.
    this keeps you on your toes and suspicious of everything…
    These initial moments of this little less than 4 hour journey for me was my favorite..
    The game is very much a game of trial and error, and the game is generous with its checkpoints being nearly instantaneous.. knowing where youre going to mess up and most of the time having an instant spot for you to try again keeping this games momentum steady…
    After these initial moments of dealing with traps and a giant spider, the game slowly starts to be more puzzle focused and this is where I started to fall out of love with this game…
    Not that the puzzles are bad, im just not a huge fan of problem solving while im platforming and looking out for suspicious shadows..
    Youll be pulling boxes, throwing switches, and timing jumps and other buttons to progress through the game..
    I found a lot of these puzzles to be decently challenging, though none too complicated or having too many steps… but a few definitely did come close… and I may or may not have had to look the answer up for a couple..
    with so many limbo clones out there now, going back to play limbo and playing through these puzzles is a bit of a drag because ive seen them so many times now…
    I would’ve preferred if the whole game was like the first few chapters of deception…
    I felt there was something really special there. It kept me hooked and intrigued hoping for more moments like this later on, but sadly they never came
    Personal preferences aside, limbo is a very erie and dark game, youll die gruesome deaths,
    the game will disturb you and turn your stomach at times…
    and it will get your mind going…
    both for the puzzles and trying to figure out just exactly whats going on with the story…
    even with the dozens of clones out there, limbo stands out as something special and unique..
    one of the most enjoyable and unsettling puzzle platforming games ive played
    I give limbo
    an 8/10
  6. Sep 11, 2021
    Limbo isn't enjoyable game at all. Most puzzles are death based. You are unable to do them first try so with necessary deaths you will finally know how to do them. And if you think you can do some first try those bad controls will say otherwise.
  7. Aug 27, 2017
    There is a bug in chapter 18 where the box you need to jump from is way too low. I am unable to complete the game. For a game that is supposed to be very polished it is a shame they let something like this slide.
  8. May 23, 2015
    After finally playing this I felt I was obligated to write this short review. Please, if you haven't played this game yet, it is a must buy so pick it up right away. It is on a large number of platforms so take your pick-PC,Xbox,playstation,ipad,etc, there is absolutely no excuse not to give this game a try. I guarantee you will love it if you like clever puzzles at the perfect difficultyAfter finally playing this I felt I was obligated to write this short review. Please, if you haven't played this game yet, it is a must buy so pick it up right away. It is on a large number of platforms so take your pick-PC,Xbox,playstation,ipad,etc, there is absolutely no excuse not to give this game a try. I guarantee you will love it if you like clever puzzles at the perfect difficulty level, immersive atmospheres, well balanced platform, memorable levels, slick graphics and animations etc.
    If you are put off by the minimalism, I still would recommend this game--it's actually more immersive then games with 10X more realistic graphics. So please, buy this right away if you haven't given this game a try yet, you won't regret it!!
  9. Jan 12, 2015
    Nice and atmospheric nightmare game. Fun puzzles.. been around a while and I got it free.. don't buy it dear as it's been around a while and other platforms are probably cheaper.
  10. Mar 4, 2015
    The game itself is great. You can play it for hours. The interesting graphics and stories are the best part. It's probably the best 2D game in Xbox One/Xbox 360 but I know some people disagree. It's still a badass game
  11. Apr 1, 2015
    Very good looking appearing to the game. Fun with some challenge. The only beef I have is the game is kind of short. But for $10 I'm not complaining too badly
  12. Dec 21, 2017
    LIMBO is a game that uses silence to set the tone for a frightening tale. With great visuals, the only downside is that it's a tad too short for the price (3 hours). If you into atmospheric games, this ones for you!
  13. Sep 26, 2018
    Limbo é sem duvida um dos melhores jogos que joguei em minha vida, Sua direção de arte é simplesmente linda. O Jogo conta uma boa história mesmo sem diálogos o que de forma alguma é um problema, isso é um ponto positivo já que da um ar de mistério ao jogo, Em limbo temos puzzles difíceis que podem te prender por um bom tempo o que para alguns é muito bom mas para pessoas como eu que nãoLimbo é sem duvida um dos melhores jogos que joguei em minha vida, Sua direção de arte é simplesmente linda. O Jogo conta uma boa história mesmo sem diálogos o que de forma alguma é um problema, isso é um ponto positivo já que da um ar de mistério ao jogo, Em limbo temos puzzles difíceis que podem te prender por um bom tempo o que para alguns é muito bom mas para pessoas como eu que não são fãs de puzzles muito difíceis isso se torna um ponto baixo do jogo. Mas no geral quase tudo funciona perfeitamente em Limbo e eu super recomendo para fãs de puzzle e jogos 2D Expand
  14. Jan 15, 2019
    The fact that a game that has 5 buttons, no dialogue, and simple foreground maps is this good is a testament to the developers, though inside, while different, is still better and more varied.
  15. Nov 1, 2020
    ---{Graphics}---
    ☐ Beautiful
    X Good ☐ Decent ☐ Bad ☐ Don‘t look too long at it ---{Gameplay}--- ☐ Addictive X Good ☐ Mediocre ☐ Mehh ☐ Irresponsible ---{Audio}--- ☐ Very good X Good ☐ Bad ☐ I'm now deaf ---{Audience}--- ☐ Kids X Teens X Adults ☐ All ---{Difficulity}--- ☐ Easy X Significant brain usage ☐ Easy to learn / Hard to master ☐ Difficult
    ---{Graphics}---
    ☐ Beautiful
    ☐ Decent
    ☐ Bad
    ☐ Don‘t look too long at it

---{Gameplay}---

---{Price}---
    ☐ It’s free [or i get free]
    X Worth the price
    ☐ Worth it in a promo
    ☐ If u have some spare money left ☐ Not recommended ---{Bugs}--- X Never heard of ☐ Minor bugs ☐ Can get annoying ☐ ARK: Survival Evolved
  16. Dec 29, 2021
    This game is extremely simple, and a very fun couple of hours. The artistic part of the game is limited by the inability to tell much of a story, which is only a negative because they attempt to do it despite not having the resources to do so. The ending was quite unsatisfying, though it was definitely the climax of their artistic style. Now as I said at the beginning, this game is veryThis game is extremely simple, and a very fun couple of hours. The artistic part of the game is limited by the inability to tell much of a story, which is only a negative because they attempt to do it despite not having the resources to do so. The ending was quite unsatisfying, though it was definitely the climax of their artistic style. Now as I said at the beginning, this game is very fun. The puzzles have some decent complexity, and new concepts are introduced at consistent pace and feel very natural as they are brought in. The tone of the game is dark and lonely, which makes every stride towards the end feel more and more desperate and exciting. The ability to do that with any medium of media is an accomplishment in itself and makes the game worth playing. It's short, it's simple, but honestly it's a great time. Expand
  17. Dec 12, 2021
    Normal game. I don't understand story line. Game with some type of jobs. Atmosphere and visual is deep and whole good
  18. Feb 21, 2022
    Um jogo que definitivamente merece ser jogado, é interessante, criativo, tem sua atmosfera, é misterioso e único. Porém fica meio chato de vez em quando, mas continua sendo muito bom.
  19. Dec 23, 2020
    Уже третий раз, по-моему, прохожу эту игру и каждый раз как в первый погружаюсь в эту манящую вязкую атмосферу таинственности и мрака. Датчане Playdead просто из говна и палок сделали шедевр на все времена. Казалось бы всего-то 2D-платформер-головоломка да и еще в черно-белых тонах, да разве можно с этим сделать что-то толковое? Гипнотический потусторонний эмбиент, шуршание листвы подУже третий раз, по-моему, прохожу эту игру и каждый раз как в первый погружаюсь в эту манящую вязкую атмосферу таинственности и мрака. Датчане Playdead просто из говна и палок сделали шедевр на все времена. Казалось бы всего-то 2D-платформер-головоломка да и еще в черно-белых тонах, да разве можно с этим сделать что-то толковое? Гипнотический потусторонний эмбиент, шуршание листвы под ногами, редкое пение птиц где-то там вдалеке, треск деревьев, мягкое дуновение ветра и какая-то пронзительная мертвая тишина время от времени нагромождающаяся над всем — это словно большой оркестр, играющий свою волшебную не от мира сего неповторимую музыку. Под этот блестящий саундтрэк мы управляем маленьким мальчиком, цель которого найти свою сестру, которая попала в Лимб, то бишь по католическим канонам место между адом и раем. По пути к нашей цели через лес, паучью нору, завод и городские пустоши мы решаем всяческие весьма интересные задачки, в том числе используя минимальные знания законов физики. В арсенале у нашего протагониста помимо движения влево/вправо только прыжок и кнопка взаимодействия, позволяющая включать/выключать различную аппаратуру, использовать предметы, толкать/тянуть что-либо и т.д. Затягивает происходящее бесповоротно и даже в случае, если вдруг застрял где-то, не допирая что делать дальше, не хочется бросать, ведь часто дело в каких-то мелочах, чуть больше внимания и всё получится. Единственный и главный минус Limbo это ее продолжительность, мы с женой управились где-то за 4 часа. Уверен, что это далеко не последняя моя встреча с лимбом и его маленькими героями. Expand
  20. Oct 8, 2021
    Limbo is an original game that tries a lot of things which makes it unique, with good atmosphere and some thrilling moments. Unfortunately, the lack of story, soundtrack, emotion and an interesting character makes it a forgettable experience. Bought it for less than 3 dollars and I feel cheated. There are better games with the same ideas. Not worth it.
  21. Jun 29, 2021
    EN:
    Limbo is great. Dark, extremely unique and creative, with quite challenging missions. Unfortunately, the campaign is not very long. Therefore 9/10.

SRB:
    Limbo je sjajan. Mračan, izuzetno unikatan i kreativan, sa dosta izazovnim misijama. Nažalost nije mnogo dugačka kampanja. Zbog toga 9/10.
  22. Aug 23, 2021
    I loved Limbo in every way possible. I had it for 360 and got it for Xbox One when I was able to.
  23. Feb 27, 2022
    masterpiece great game good gameplay good graphics interesting story i want see more limbo games .

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jan 24, 2015
    A beautiful, bleak puzzle game that any newcomer willing to look death in the eye should pick up. [Feb 2015, p.82]
  2. Jan 15, 2015
    Limbo remains the same wonderful and disturbing experience that we lived almost five years ago. Although this is clearly a good point, maybe we would have hoped in some new content.
  3. Dec 16, 2014
    Time has been gentle with this wonderful indie game. If you've never played it, this is the right time. If you already played it on Xbox 360 you can pass on this version since there’s nothing more for you.