8.5

1. Jan 2, 2018
    I must admit that when Spintires: Mudrunner was first announced it intrigued me a great deal, and that was mainly down to the unique feel the game had. When I first started the game it was like nothing I’d ever played before and I must admit that I quite enjoyed it. The physics which are important in a game like this have been done very well, and I appreciated the realistic approach theyI must admit that when Spintires: Mudrunner was first announced it intrigued me a great deal, and that was mainly down to the unique feel the game had. When I first started the game it was like nothing I’d ever played before and I must admit that I quite enjoyed it. The physics which are important in a game like this have been done very well, and I appreciated the realistic approach they implemented in the game. The puzzles in the game are something that really impressed me, and the main reason they impressed me so much is because they are interesting and you have to complete them in an interesting and unique way. If you like a game that is packed with content then you will love this game, but I must warn you that it’s best played in short bursts because it does become tedious if played for long periods and that’s mainly down to the extremely slow driving. I will say however that the game doesn’t get tedious much when played online, and thankfully the online has quite a few player’s playing and I didn’t suffer with many problems. The main problems I had with the game came from the terrible camera. The camera in the game is probably the worst I’ve ever seen and it caused me a great deal of frustration because to call it awkward would be a massive understatement. The presentation side of the game is something that I was a little disappointed with. Visually the game is dull and doesn’t look great at times, and the accompanying sound design does nothing to make the game stand out and often doesn’t sound realistic enough. At the end of the day Spintires: Mudrunner is a game that can definitely be called niche, and without a doubt it won’t appeal to all gamers. I will say however that if you would like to try something different then I fully recommend that you give this game a try because it definitely has a unique feel to it and the most important thing is that it nails the mechanics, and for that reason it gets a thumbs up from me. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2017
    Two playthrough review... on my 3rd playthrough now.

In Mudrunner you play as a logger where your job is to move logs from point A to point B but that is easier said than done. If you want to successfully accomplish this you will need to scout out best paths with a light vehicle, move assets such as fuel and loaders into place, then move the logs from point A to point B. Casual Mode.
    Two playthrough review... on my 3rd playthrough now.

Casual Mode. In this mode fuel is consumed slower, you do not need to babysit the differential, you can auto load logs onto your truck and if need be you can spawn your vehicle to the nearest garage. Speaking of the garage, some need to be unlocked to use by hauling garage parts to the garage which can be a real chore in and of itself.

Hardcore Mode. This is where the game really shines as a work and physics sim. Fuel is consumed at a higher rate making it necessary to preposition assets such as fuel. The differential can only be used in low gear and will damage the truck if kept on while on firm surfaces. You must manually load logs onto the truck which will require you to preposition a loader. The loader is a bit finicky and requires a bit of trial and error to become proficient at using it. You cannot spawn vehicles back to the garage so pulling stuck vehicles from the mud will become necessary.

The game takes place in a rain forest where dirt roads tend to have muddy patches and even places like meadows can be a safe shortcut or turn into a bog where you become stuck with no anchor-point for your wench to reach thus requiring you to bring over another vehicle to tow it out. Ruts will pull your vehicle around, rocks will scrape on the underside of the vehicle causing damage, and the mud looks and and acts like mud should. There is also a day/night cycle and it gets very dark at night.

The game can be difficult but here are a couple tips that will make the journey much easier even on Hardcore Mode. 1) When carrying a load it is generally best to be in low gear as it will make getting stuck less likely. Be sure to switch the differential on and off as necessary as the differential helps a lot. 2) Scout the area with a light vehicle and unlock other vehicles on the map by driving to them. Also use the light vehicle to drive to watch-points which reveal large portions of the map for easier navigation. 3) Drive slow and carefully and you will not have much need to repair vehicles although vehicles that you unlock on map may need to be repaired and fueled. Also going to the garage will fully repair your vehicle plus give you some fuel. 4) Plan your routes carefully and use waypoints. When in doubt scout out the path before committing to it.

This is a great game but will likely only be appealing to a niche market. The game is in my opinion as close to flassless as a game can get and for that reason I give Mudrunners a score of 10.
  3. Oct 31, 2017
    L'excellent Spintires, simulateur bien connu et ô combien pointu, revient dans une nouvelle édition enrichie et améliorée non seulement sur PC mais également sur consoles ! le bouffeur de boue inaugure une nouvelle carte ainsi que de nouveaux défis et véhicules pour aller crapahuter comme un crevard dans la taïga.

Toujours le même principe d'aller chercher du bois, puis d'aller le

Toujours le même principe d'aller chercher du bois, puis d'aller le livrer... sauf que la nature est impitoyable, la boue est collante, les torrents sont fougueux et les arbres sont nombreux : c'est l'heureux mélange du "gamelle" trophy et du salaire de la peur avec des vieux bahuts soviétiques fatiguenazes. Le réalisme est hallucinant, la progression est lente et hasardeuse et l'accident est si vite arrivé... qu'une reconnaissance du terrain s'impose avec un 4x4 et même là, on prendra bien soin de ne pas poser ses roues n'importe où.

La nuit arrive éventuellement, ce qui rend l'exploration encore plus ardue et dangereuse tandis qu'on reprend un autre bahut pour aller dépanner le précédent embourbé jusqu'aux oreilles... quand ce n'est pas l'autre camion tombé en panne sèche parce qu'on a pas remarqué ou pas reconnu préalablement la station-essence. Il faudra donc planifier et réflechir un minimum à l'itinéraire de son périple. Voilà donc cette lutte de tous les instants et un combat acharné pour arriver à ses fins !

La réalisation a sensiblement progressé et MudRunner s'avère des plus proprets pour un jeu à si petit budget. Les effets sonores sont réussis, ça charge vite et ça tourne très bien, même sur la xbouse. On peut remarquer un à-coup sporadique mais ça c'est la sauvegarde automatique...

L'interface à la manette est globalement bien pensée et se révèle la plupart du temps conciliante. La plupart du temps seulement, car il subsiste des maladresses et approximations, notamment pour les équipements, remorques et attelages, ainsi qu'à propos de la caméra extérieure toujours aussi mal gérée. Et la carte encore perfectible aussi.

Ces **** soucis empêchent du coup d'accorder la note maximale à un jeu par ailleurs exceptionnel dans la précision et le réalisme de la simulation de ces routiers de l'impossible. Quelle aventure, on a jamais autant aimé galérer comme ça !
  4. Sep 29, 2018
    It's the mind blowing masterpiece.
    Constantly playing other genres during last 15 years - turnbased whatever, rpg, racing and nba/eurofootball, now I play only MR, it is so good to discover something fresh and good. Last time I had such switch with Kagero deception on ps2.
    Graphics, trucks (i'm from russia), nature, sound, game balance, and PHYSICS - all are 10 from 10. Try it, it is
    It's the mind blowing masterpiece.
    Try it, it is definitely worth it. All we need fresh games and genres, so THIS IS IT!
  5. Jul 6, 2019
    I love this game and everything about it. It seems like one of those really good underrated games.

1. Dec 14, 2017
    In the end Sprintires: Mudrunner is a pretty good game, more simulation than just driving, and it definitely isn’t for everyone given the fact that it really does feel like a niche title, but don’t let that scare you, as it still is a fairly good game even though it’s not a mainstream title.
  2. Nov 25, 2017
    For the lovers of heavy trucks, 4 wheel drives and Jeeps, and for the lovers of rough roads and difficult conditions, Spintires is the real deal. Spintires is a solid driving simulation like no other game before, and while its camera angels and controls might be annoying at first, the top-notch visuals and sharp gameplay eventually help it to become one of the best driving simulations available on the market.
  3. Nov 21, 2017
    Spintires: MudRuner is a breath of fresh air for the usual player of the sport driving genre. In addition, with its fantastic atmosphere, it will transport us to the purest nature. However, its high difficulty can make us lose interest and leave it aside.