tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Mar 22, 2019
    Games that require multiple playthroughs for you to complete the game fully have to be interesting each time you start a new game because otherwise you will never get around to completing it. Thankfully Stories: The Path of Destinies was a game that was fun and enjoyable no matter how many times I played it and a big reason why it stayed liked that was thanks to the story. The story had anGames that require multiple playthroughs for you to complete the game fully have to be interesting each time you start a new game because otherwise you will never get around to completing it. Thankfully Stories: The Path of Destinies was a game that was fun and enjoyable no matter how many times I played it and a big reason why it stayed liked that was thanks to the story. The story had an abundance of charm and humour running throughout it and each character felt like they mattered which in turn made the choices matter as well. Speaking about the choices there are a few of them to make and each choice feels important which made each playthrough feel rewarding. Another aspect of the game that made things feels rewarding were the combat elements and I must admit that the combat surprised me because I didn’t expect it to have as much depth as it had and I didn’t expect the accompanying skills to be as satisfying as they were. In terms of problems the game doesn’t have many at all and the problems it does have such as the lack of variety in the environments and the rather long loading times were easily forgotten thanks to the very addictive gameplay. At the end of the day then Stories: The Path of Destinies may have ideas that have been seen many times before but these ideas have been implemented so well that it makes your time with the game to be a thrilling and enjoyable experience and for that reason it definitely gets a big recommendation from me. Thumbs up! Expand

1. Apr 11, 2019
    This game is by no means perfect but set a pretty high standard in the format they chose to unravel this witty story in.
  2. Apr 3, 2019
    Bringing the game to Xbox comes with no real upgrades. Sure it supports 4K resolution, but it would have benefitted from HDR for sure. The colors in the world are so vibrant and varied. There is no additional content, but at least Xbox gamers can now discover this incredible title. Do not pass it up, do not sleep on this one, Stories is one of the best games I have played this generation, indie or not.
  3. Mar 21, 2019
    The game’s greatest drawback is that of its structural imbalance. Whilst its Groundhog Day-esque choice-driven narrative remains deep and engaging, its lack of content variety and depth ultimately paves the way for repetition. The combat, on the other hand, remains satisfying throughout, which is further upheld by the game’s entertaining RPG elements. Overall, it’s a fairly decent adventure that’s only fun until the novelty wears off.