8.0

1. Jan 15, 2019
    The story was very enjoyable from start to finish and the few surprises that were included in the story meant that it always stayed interesting as well. In terms of content there is a decent amount for you to get to grips with and the variety that’s present in the content kept things fresh and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation side of the game and you can tell right fromThe story was very enjoyable from start to finish and the few surprises that were included in the story meant that it always stayed interesting as well. In terms of content there is a decent amount for you to get to grips with and the variety that’s present in the content kept things fresh and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation side of the game and you can tell right from the get go that a lot of thought and effort has gone into both the visuals and sound design. While the combat is simple in style it never seemed to get dull and defeating the various enemies and bosses always felt rewarding.
    You’re allowed a great deal of freedom when exploring and I recommend that you do because there always seems to be something for you to do. The game suffers with a few technical issues every now and then but thankfully these issues don’t happen very often. It doesn’t really offer anything new in regards to the Japan RPG genre. Thankfully I can now experience what the Xbox One offers in the form of Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, and to say I enjoyed my time with the game would be a massive understatement, and I overlooked it 10 years ago. From the moment I started the game the story had me hooked and it stayed that way throughout my time with the game. The gameplay also had me hooked as well and exploring the fantastic looking world never seemed to get dull. The main reason why it never got dull is because there was always something new for you to do and without a doubt if you’re a fan of JRPGs the amount of content available to you will definitely satisfy your needs. Having lots of content is one thing though and having varied content is another and I’m pleased to say that it has both with some nice combat elements thrown in for good measure as well. At the end of the day then even if you only have a slight interest in the JRPG genre then you owe yourself to get Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition because it gets every important aspect spot on and it has very few shortcomings which culminate in an unforgettable adventure. Two Thumbs up!

1. Feb 7, 2019
    If you loved the original Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox 360 and want to experience it again, this is obviously a no-brainer, as you’re given new content on top of a shiny new coat of HD paint. It may be pricey for a ‘Definitive Edition’, but the added content does boost its value to make it worth experiencing. If you want a great JRPG that you may have missed last generation, then Tales of Vesperia should be high on your list if you’re looking for a new game to dump 50+ hours into, as long as you can handle a dialogue and cutscene heavy experience.
  2. Feb 1, 2019
    The PS3 version of Vesperia that never made its way out of Japan has always been a long sticking point for fans, and with the release of the Definitive Edition, it’s a wrong that has finally been righted.
  3. Jan 27, 2019
    Playing Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will bring back memories of simpler JRPGs that offered fun characters, engaging stories, and colourful worlds. Thankfully, the few issues that make it show its age don't take much away from its overall enjoyment.