6.7

1. Sep 24, 2019
    The Surge 2 is an action role-playing game developed by Deck13 Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. Fans of the The Surge should definitely play The Surge 2. I personally enjoy the way you acquire your new equipment in The Surge 2. The executions are a nice touch, although there aren't enough of them in my opinion, and I've enjoyed collecting of the various sets. The combatThe Surge 2 is an action role-playing game developed by Deck13 Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. Fans of the The Surge should definitely play The Surge 2. I personally enjoy the way you acquire your new equipment in The Surge 2. The executions are a nice touch, although there aren't enough of them in my opinion, and I've enjoyed collecting of the various sets. The combat is a little difficult and it's hard to distinguish what is need to confirm a stagger. Mostly of the combat I used dodging and waiting for openings. The weapons are interesting, however the dual swords that stack do massive damage when fully charged. It was my weapons of choice and seems much stronger than the alternative weapons I have acquired. The environments are large and joyful to explore. Most of the time your going to find a dead end with a path you can't access without a certain item. Like the EMP for example, although perhaps I just missed those items along the way. The camera can be off putting sometimes, perhaps in your view will be in a wall or some random thing and that'll cause you to get hit because you couldn't see it coming (a-la Mario 64). Aside from the minor camera issues and the overall difficulty of the game, since I always felt I was the underdog in any substantial battle The Surge 2 expands on the formula of the original with new concepts and if you can withstand a few misplaced checkpoints in the game you're set to have a good time with this sequel that exceeds what the original accomplished and so The surge 2 is an easy recommend for those that were fans of the original. New comers may want to start back at The Surge before checking out the Surge 2. Expand
  2. Oct 10, 2019
    Greatly improved on the mechanics of the first game, making it set itself apart from all the souls-bourne games by making combat incredibly engaging while maintaining the challenge the genre is known for. Has a great amount of diversity of enemies and boss fights and the customization is more streamlined than the first. Where the Surge 2 is lacking is it's reliance on the first game toGreatly improved on the mechanics of the first game, making it set itself apart from all the souls-bourne games by making combat incredibly engaging while maintaining the challenge the genre is known for. Has a great amount of diversity of enemies and boss fights and the customization is more streamlined than the first. Where the Surge 2 is lacking is it's reliance on the first game to carry it's story. while it has some rather interesting characters the story feels rather rushed and makes the game feel like it goes faster than it actually does. All in all the Surge 2 is an exhilarating game that makes every failure fair and as you learn the game it feels like a great accomplishment when you end leaving you wanting for more. Expand
  3. Sep 24, 2019
    Love it, big step up from the first game, which surprised me out of nowhere. Customization is insane in this game, worth a buy if you have the extra money after buying borderlands 3
  4. Oct 1, 2019
    Surge 2 is absolutely fantastic game. Really enjoy it. Addictive combat and exploring.
  5. Sep 30, 2019
    Horrible. How did it manage to be WORSE than the first game, which was bad, but not this bad! Extremely boring and grindy, avoid at all costs.
  6. Sep 24, 2019
    Awesome game. Playing in Xbox One X with solid 60fps in performance mode. Give it a try
  7. Apr 4, 2020
    Suite de la première purge, la purge 2 remet le couvert et refait la même chose, à savoir une copie des jeux masochistes et autres soûleries qui soûlent à mort (bouge, meurs, ressuscite ad libitum et ad nauseam) sans sauvegarde (ou si peu) sans carte, et avec beaucoup de fatigue : le personnage est toujours fatigué après avoir donné deux coups...

Evidemment, le moindre petit ennemi te

Evidemment, le moindre petit ennemi te donne un coup et t'es sévè_rement blessé... un autre et t'es presque mort... un troisième, t'es à la morgue et t'as perdu tous les machins que t'avais ramassé ! tu l'as dans le cul hihihi ! et t'es renvoyé à un point là-bas, à l'autre bout du niveau et de tes objectifs ololol !

Tout est fait ici pour te faire chier, sinon ce serait pas un jeu pour les masos, qu'est-ce que tu crois ! alors on aime en chier et on recommence, on recommence... les mêmes crevards, puis les mêmes boss, la même non-jouabilité, la même chiasse, quoi.

C'est pas tout ça, mais il faut évacuer tout ça, ce n'est pas sain cette chose.. alors, tirons la chasse un bon coup !
  8. Nov 7, 2019
    It's the huge improvement from the 1st game, parry system is rewarding.
    it just, AI kinda not good, they only deal high damages and you need to grinding abit.
  9. Oct 3, 2019
    Played the first game just before this one released and loved it, 20 hours in now and it’s a really good game, best thing this there is no micro or macro transactions and just a good single player game this beat the TRIPPLE AAA **** we see today well done guys and keep it up
  10. Nov 19, 2019
    A must buy for people looking to play a souls type game and fans of the first. Surge 2 in my opinion is better than the first in so many ways. For one, the environment feels more alive and second, the weapons selection is larger as well as the armor sets. Id rate it a 9/10 whereas the first was an 8.5. But I can't stand the 0 ratings from people who dislike the game because they're bad at it.
  11. May 28, 2020
    The Short:
    Supremely underrated game. Some minor bugs and a few combat hiccups but overall, fantastic combat system with pretty rewarding progression/loot and decent story. Terrible, terrible map system. Still really enjoyed it. 9/10.
    The long: This is a spectacular game. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I had heard barely anything about it before playing and just
    The Short:

The long:
    This is a spectacular game. I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I had heard barely anything about it before playing and just decided to give it a chance and man what a joy to play. It does have it's issues for sure, but I enjoyed the core gameplay so much that I could pretty easily overlook them.
    It plays basically like a Souls game but with a little bit of a twist on the gameplay and mechanics. The combat feels very nice and once you get the hang of it, it is super enjoyable and rewarding. I wish they would go more in depth in tutorials because the combat system is MUCH more in depth than they let on. All the weapon types each have their own combos and nuances and the armor/implants play a big role in the type of character you want to play but not a ton is explained to you in-game. In all tho, the combat is really well done. The bosses are really fun and challenging and it is awesome once you find a style that works for you and really get into the flow of things. You feel unstoppable!
    The story is decent and there are a good amount of collectibles to kind of fill things out a little bit but it's nothing to write home about. Still enjoyable though.
    The major criticisms I have for this game are the maps - or lack thereof. You will be lost. A lot. The game gives you basically a central hub that you explore from and open shortcuts along the way that all lead back to the central hub. The result is after a while you have 30 different branches from the central hub and if you don't have the map memorized you will have no idea where any of them lead and get turned around constantly. Fortunately, the maps aren't too big and you can memorize them relatively easy. Still really annoying though.
    Other than that and some (very) minor combat gripes and some very minor bugs, there really isn't much I disliked about it.
    I'd highly highly recommend it if you are looking for an action rpg that's a little different from the norm and gives you a decent amount of customization in your playstyle. I really enjoyed it!
  12. Mar 18, 2020
    I liked the first "The Surge" despite some of it's flaws. "The Surge 2" on the other hand is DECK13's Magnum Opus. *Almost* everything about it stands toe-to-toe with FROM Software's best work. Combat, Level design, atmosphere, interesting lore and wacky characters. I know this is a controversial statement but from a pacing perspective and world building/level design perspective, TheI liked the first "The Surge" despite some of it's flaws. "The Surge 2" on the other hand is DECK13's Magnum Opus. *Almost* everything about it stands toe-to-toe with FROM Software's best work. Combat, Level design, atmosphere, interesting lore and wacky characters. I know this is a controversial statement but from a pacing perspective and world building/level design perspective, The Surge 2 comes the closest to achieving perfection since the original Dark Souls. ANd the implant/loot/level prograssion is immensely satisfying and unique. Expand
  13. Jun 25, 2020
    This game is a worthy successor to the original Surge which I really enjoyed. If you’re into Soulslike games definitely give this series a try.
    -Solid gameplay
    -Combat feels great -Nice aesthetic and overall design -You can replay the game on NG+ and finish all the side quests The only reason I give the game a 6 is because of the graphics, don’t get me wrong this game is not about the
    -Solid gameplay
    -Combat feels great
    -Nice aesthetic and overall design
    -You can replay the game on NG+ and finish all the side quests
    The only reason I give the game a 6 is because of the graphics, don’t get me wrong this game is not about the story or the pretty image it’s all about the gameplay but it looks extremely dated, occasional screen tearing, texture pop in everywhere, textures feel like the belong on ps3 and frame rate drops (a game looking this poorly SHOULD NOT drop frame on the X) This is unacceptable for 2019. I played this game on One X, so play it on PC if you have c chance but it has similar problems on PC as well.
  14. Mar 21, 2020
    Horrible graphics, bad camera plays, useless combat mechanics for honor. In short, one more failed attempt to make a soulslike.
  15. Nov 3, 2019
    Great level design, fighting mechanism and crafting system. Space for improvement in boss design and story...
  16. Nov 15, 2019
    Es tan bueno el primer juego, pero a la segunda parte le falto pulir mas, pero es un grandioso juego recomendado, es muy estilo soul.
  17. Apr 13, 2020
    The Surge 2 8/10
    Czas ukończenia: 27h
    Platforma: Xbox One X Początkowo rozczarowany średnią jakością grafiki oraz klimatem gry chciałem ją zostawić po godzinie ale na szczęście tego nie zrobiłem. Gra nabiera rumieńców dopiero po kilku b godzinach gry i oferuje dużo dobrej zabawy. Ciekawa walka oraz nieskomplikowany system rozwoju bohatera pozwala nawet osobom początkującym szybko zrozumieć
    The Surge 2 8/10
    Czas ukończenia: 27h
    Platforma: Xbox One X
    Początkowo rozczarowany średnią jakością grafiki oraz klimatem gry chciałem ją zostawić po godzinie ale na szczęście tego nie zrobiłem. Gra nabiera rumieńców dopiero po kilku b godzinach gry i oferuje dużo dobrej zabawy. Ciekawa walka oraz nieskomplikowany system rozwoju bohatera pozwala nawet osobom początkującym szybko zrozumieć zasady gry a sposób zdobywania nowego ekwipunku zachęca do eksploracji. Gra ma przyjemny poziom trudności i raczej nikt nie powinien zbytnio na niego narzekać. Gra aktualnie znajduje się w Xbox Game Pass więc warto sprawdzić. Plusy:
    + system walki
    + zdobywanie nowego ekwipunku
    + przyjemny poziom trudności
    + Finishery
    Minusy:
    - lokacje czasem zagmatwane
  18. Dec 3, 2019
    As someone who struggled to get through the first game, I am thoroughly enjoying the sequel. Its as if they went through the wish list of players of the first game, and ticked them all off. Fantastic combat and customisation.

No issues performance wise on Xbox one X

Generally favorable reviews - based on 15 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 6, 2019
    Deck13 addressed every single issue that held The Surge back in The Surge 2. It is not even necessary to have played the first, since the sequel has almost no connections to it outside of its gameplay mechanics and systems. The idea of Dark Souls but "sci-fi" is not exactly a great idea, but Deck13 truly made the most out of what is possible. Realistically, there would be much more guns than there are and probably hacking would have been more present in the gameplay, but since this "sub-genre" relies so heavily on melee combat, it is unavoidable. Finally, there's someone other than From Software who has nailed it.
  2. Nov 4, 2019
    When you have a fairly well-done RPG element, story choice, character upgrades and development, smooth combat and a gameplay system that allows for a fluid experience, you have The Surge 2. If you're a fan of "Souls" style gaming, then Deck 13 has a very solid title for you to experience. It may not be on the same level as other "Souls" style games, but what it does deliver is amazing amounts of entertainment and fun. Bring on the sequel.
  3. Oct 18, 2019
    The Surge 2 feels more like a heavy update for the original game with minor gameplay changes, new world and settings, and well-designed bosses. It still delivers an enjoyable hardcore experience, thanks to the balanced and smoothly working combat system, but you need to get along with a superficial story and dated graphics.