6.7

1. Mar 11, 2019
    The gameplay itself was excellent in Thronebreaker as I beat it on the hard mode. But everything outside of the card battles and puzzles I did not enjoy.

Pros: - The game itself was excellent as you battled with cards mainly trying to outnumber (versus destroy) your opponent. - The puzzles were my personal favorite part of the game. I could of just done a game of puzzles. Cons:

Pros:

Cons:
    - Major performance issues on the Xbox. Lag on battles, tiles that were just blank on the overview screen, fast travel and the load freezes.
    - I didn't really follow the story - I wanted to get to the gameplay and the text was too small to read (though they did have voice but again I was impatient)
    - The overview map I didn't enjoy it was hard to tell what you could and couldn't walkthrough
    - I wish you'd start with a new deck in each of the 5 sections. My strategies only changed a couple times in the game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Feb 27, 2019
    A charming and atmospheric RPG, with varied by underwhelming card battles.
  2. Jan 14, 2019
    Thronebreaker is a great add on to The Witcher franchise, and it blends in a very unique way with the other games.
  3. Jan 9, 2019
    CD Projekt RED is known for their quality and superb games, and this is no different with Thronebreaker, aside from performance issues. Even as a standalone separate experience from the core Witcher games, Thronebreaker is a great diversion if you’re looking for a deep and challenging card/RPG title, even giving you the option to skip the card portion completely if you wish, allowing for more people to enjoy it how they wish.