7.2

1. Mar 24, 2018
    Titan Quest first released back on PC in 2006 and I know a few friends of mine enjoyed it quite a bit, so there was some interest from me in the Xbox One version. Thankfully it does offer quite a few enjoyable moments but I must admit that I’ve played better RPG’s than this and the main reason why it doesn’t reach it’s full potential is because it suffers with a few too many shortcomings.Titan Quest first released back on PC in 2006 and I know a few friends of mine enjoyed it quite a bit, so there was some interest from me in the Xbox One version. Thankfully it does offer quite a few enjoyable moments but I must admit that I’ve played better RPG’s than this and the main reason why it doesn’t reach it’s full potential is because it suffers with a few too many shortcomings. They do however get more right than they get wrong and they’ve handled the combat side of things really well. There are a number of different classes for you to get to grips with and this without a doubt keeps things interesting for longer. Another thing that makes the combat interesting and fun is the amount of upgrades and weapons that are available. Each weapon and upgrade feels different and the game does a great job of making each item matter, which is great. You can play this game in either single player or multiplayer and whilst I enjoyed the single player aspect I was however a little disappointed with the multiplayer offerings. The multiplayer aspects fail to pack a punch for me and in my opinion they lack in terms of the fun factor, which is a shame. They do combat this though by offering a lot of variety when it comes to the enemies you face and this does make the fun levels go up slightly because each different enemy brings something new to the table. In terms of content the game has more than enough to keep you satisfied and the campaign is packed to the rafters with myths and legends which ultimately keeps things fresh. You will however notice that the more you play the more technichal issues you’ll bump into. None of these issues are game-breaking but they do frustrate you quite a bit and this will definitely be off-putting for some. The presentation side of the game was in my opinion sorely lacking in places. Nothing much stands out in the visual department and most of the environments look the same which does make things become tedious quite quickly. The sound design is a little better, but nothing much stands out here as well which is a shame. All in all Titan Quest is a pretty decent addition to the RPG genre but it isn’t going to set the world alight because there isn’t anything different from the many games that are already in the genre. It’s shortcomings definitely stop the game from being placed in the higher echelons of the genre, but it does get quite a few of the important mechanics right and fans of the RPG genre will find just enough to satisfy them here. Expand
  2. Nov 3, 2019
    Another Diablo clone this time in Greece.
    Would be fun but the game has huge maps and terrible map. Good luck finding mission objectives. The inventory is tiny. You won't be picking up 90% of the loot. Why even bother then? Probably more fun in coop but in solo it's just an average game.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. May 10, 2018
    Titan Quest is a good game that will appeal massively to the hardcore RPG fan. The story and narrative are excellent and rewarding, with clever level design, great locations and loads to do. The controls sometimes let the game down, as does the menu selection, but if you can’t afford to go to Greece this summer, don’t worry – just sit at home, put on some sunglasses and play some Titan Quest.
  2. Apr 16, 2018
    Titan Quest is a classic PC action-RPG that is badly adapted to Xbox One. Despite maintaining its virtues as the first day, its performance complicates the player's experience, especially those who did not know the original 2006 game.
  3. Apr 6, 2018
    Titan Quest's gameplay is decent, but incredibly outdated. Also, this RPG on the console is very clumsy to play because of the sloppy controls.