4.1

1. Oct 26, 2020
    What a Glitchy broken mess! Why do I have to be there Game tester? There is so many things wrong. I owned both TL1 and 2 good games. this one is a mess. Pets disappear, banks delete, cant swing in the direction you want, skills change how they work and bla bla bla. what I dont get is the ppl that say is a good game when it works like S@@T. maybe they are practicing being a GameWhat a Glitchy broken mess! Why do I have to be there Game tester? There is so many things wrong. I owned both TL1 and 2 good games. this one is a mess. Pets disappear, banks delete, cant swing in the direction you want, skills change how they work and bla bla bla. what I dont get is the ppl that say is a good game when it works like S@@T. maybe they are practicing being a Game tester. what ever. fix the game before you put it out. looks like i waisted 40 bucks wont buy from them again. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2020
    Stay away.
    Stay away.
    I don't even know where to start about all the issues this game has. I actually wrote the devs about how much this game let me down. But it is legitimately too big to fit in 5000 characters here. I truly wanted this game to be only slightly-decent. But it has so many design problems that are already solved by the genre. This game is literally the most frustrating multiplayer experience I have ever had. Its not even bugs, it is just awful design decisions. Which i state again...THESE ISSUES ARE ALREADY SOLVED 15 YEARS AGO. Good luck trying to quest with your friends, especially if they have jobs and you can't all be the same level at the same time on the EXACT same quest, otherwise you will waste VAST amounts of time.
    I hope the game gets better over time. I truly do.
  3. Nov 10, 2020
    Weak. Ruined by Multi-player and repeatable dailies. They keep fixing what ain't broke and breaking what was already good in the game.
  4. Jan 17, 2021
    Too many bugs of maps, they turn back to grey when I reenter in and entry icons are disappeared, cannot enter to the mission zone, etc, just too annoying.
  5. Jan 28, 2022
    It looks like Torchlight, and it plays like Torchlight, but it's not Torchlight.

Game balance is awful, and even on the highest difficulty there is little to challenge the player, mostly in the form of tedious damage sponges. Quests, zones, and enemy encounters are cookie-cutter and perfunctory, lacking inspiration or creativity, and all blend together. The bosses pretty much all fight the same except for the last boss, The game got easier and easier as I progressed, and there was 0 challenge by the 2nd act, and I was completely bored by the third act.

The game is also quite buggy. My pet kept disappearing. The button to exit out of the current game doesn't even work. My character kept getting pushed out of bounds where I couldn't move.

There's a passable ARPG game here somewhere if someone actually cared enough to make the pieces work together. Torchlight 3 in its current state possesses the bare minimum to be called a game that vaguely resembles Torchlight. It's broken and boring. The olny reason I'm not rating it lower is because I did have mild fun during the first act.
  6. Mar 11, 2022
    Very unimpressive. I played the Torchlight I and II and although they story was always meh, I liked the gameplay. Gameplay is very basic, a big step down from previous titles. Quite a few filler content like the forts, gathering something to get account wide bonuses etc. I encountered some annoying bugs like the disappearing pet that can be brought back only by switching to some other one.Very unimpressive. I played the Torchlight I and II and although they story was always meh, I liked the gameplay. Gameplay is very basic, a big step down from previous titles. Quite a few filler content like the forts, gathering something to get account wide bonuses etc. I encountered some annoying bugs like the disappearing pet that can be brought back only by switching to some other one. I played it on gamepass, otherwise I would be pretty pissed. Expand
  7. Feb 21, 2021
    This game is brilliant........ly good at dissapointment.

Plays like an early access, crashes and freezes quite common, never lost progress though. Mana/resources seem oddly complex, I think I had 3 to juggle at one point, ammo, relic energy, another one based on relic energy used, oh and cooldowns too. But the kicker, the real kick in the goolies comes when you finish playthrough...
    This game is brilliant........ly good at dissapointment.

...Now I consider myself to be a veteran ARPG gamer, diablo, Baldurs gate:DA, Sacred, Dungeon siege, etc. One of the things you do is run through first playthrough, get a feel for the game, almost level your first character then replay at a harder difficulty and scour the levels get every iota of XP and bit of loot. Can you do that on Torchlight? NO...

One playthrough per character is all you get regardless of difficulty. Then you are stuck in a feeble loop of a random endgame dungeon.

You cant even replay fun levels or bosses to gain XP, there is no XP from playthrough's beyond your first run.

Uninstalled and forgotten...

Come on Torchlight you used to be cool.
  8. Oct 13, 2021
    I fully intend on using all 5000 characters to talk about how bad this game is, I made an account just for this. This game is bad, beyond awful, and it is the biggest waste of time I have ever endured in my entire life. I play games for fun, because of this I often play games that are bad because they are fun to laugh at and at time are so bad that they are enjoyable. This is not one ofI fully intend on using all 5000 characters to talk about how bad this game is, I made an account just for this. This game is bad, beyond awful, and it is the biggest waste of time I have ever endured in my entire life. I play games for fun, because of this I often play games that are bad because they are fun to laugh at and at time are so bad that they are enjoyable. This is not one of those games, this game is garbage and needs to be treated as such. Don't buy this broken, unfinished, soul-less, bottom feeder of a game, your money is better spent on COD Mobile and no that isn't a joke, COD Mobile is probably more fun than this piece of **** For starters this game is buggy as hell to the point of being unplayable at times. Gameplay difficulty is altered simply by how many enemies the developer decided to mass produce at a time. Areas are easy until hundreds of enemies spawn instantly and the game drops to 5fps, when that happens if you're lucky you can spam AOEs and kill everything, if you're unlucky (or just anywhere in Act 3) the game will freeze and you will die. Simple as that. The bugs extend to audio as well which is the funniest thing of all. So much will happen at once to the point where the audio will completely break only allowing you to hear one or two random noises that are on loop and spammed in your ear for minutes after the encounter has ended. The main menu is laughably broken as well. Claim a new reward? The menu is now frozen and you need to exit completely out of it to get back in and continue accessing your items. Bugs aside the art-style is fine I guess, nothing to be enjoyed though because every area is literally copy pasted from each other. Most look completely the same and are just the same hallways re-skinned and filled with you guessed it, hundreds of randomly spawning enemies. The enemies also all look and sound exactly the same which is the biggest joke of the game considering how the entire point of this waste of code is to kill monsters. Phase beasts will randomly appear only for it to take you to a boss you've fought 22 times already. Remember when I briefly mentioned difficulty? It's beyond arbitrary. Actually it is generally beyond easy at times. My pal and I were literally running a stopwatch and finishing phase bosses in under 40 seconds. The only time a boss is difficult (that bastard bird in Act 3) is when there is some goofy mechanic that exists only to extend the fight further. Damage numbers are completely random, with an enemy hitting you for 1/10 of your health bar only for the same enemy during attack 2 to hit you for 8/10 of your health bar. Traps exist and don't hurt you at all unless they do in which it drops your health to 0 and you're stuck wasting a potion. Sounds dumb right? It's because it is. This loot grab wannabe pretends to be diverse with its weapons yet it constantly hurls the same types towards you that all do the same thing. The charm of a game like Diablo (same genre) and Borderlands (loot grab + bosses galore) is to give you similar weapons that all feel and act different. This masterpiece gives you the same exact weapon re-skinned 5 times that does the exact same thing. Swords are swords, they don't do anything different from one another. The same goes for staves, bows, guns, and anything else. The differentiating factor comes from the weapon skill that either boils down to "does an AOE or does nothing at all". That wasn't an exaggeration either, some weapons promise grand spells and features only for it to deliver exactly nothing leaving you with a waste of a legendary. There is a base building mechanic? Why? Nobody plays this game. I have played it for 20-30 hours so far and I have seen 5-10 people total online. Every fort you pass by is the default dev fort yet the game puts such a heavy emphasis on it with constantly giving you decorations as rewards for doing important quests and after killing bosses. Oh boy my favorite reward, a **** barrel to put in my fort. Speaking of rewards and calling back to constantly dying due to your game freezing one of the items you get most is a Scroll of Lifebound which attaches to your weapons giving them a 20% increase in stats only for the item to vanish when you die. Who would use this? I have received (I wish I was joking) 100+ of these and haven't used it once. Why would I put it onto a legendary item when that item now has a timer, uh oh my game froze again and I lost an inventory worth of legendary items because of this wonderful stat bonus. All in all this game has a lot of things that people would argue "just ignore it or just not use it" and honestly I choose to most times out of 10. This game however pushed me beyond my breaking point, it boiled my blood, it made me upset to even own an xbox. I didn't even talk about the story because it is nonexistent and boring. Nothing but an empty and heartless experience that lacks any sort of soul and creativity. The devs deserved so much better. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 8, 2020
    Torchlight 3 suffers from the decisions made in its development. It is a good ARPG but does not stand out at all.
  2. Nov 5, 2020
    The combat is sound, the loot is there, and playing with friends is a great time, but it does absolutely nothing to stand out in the crowded genre. It also does very little to stand out from its own predecessors. That is the biggest crime this game commits. There is simply nothing here that screams bigger and better than the last game. Still even with these shortcomings Torchlight III is a solid ARPG that will please anyone who decides to take the plunge. I enjoyed the hours I got from it, and loved playing with friends online. I had a hard time coming back to it regularly like other titles such as Diablo III and Path of Exile, which is not good considering how old those games are.
  3. Nov 4, 2020
    Torchlight III started life as a free-to-play title, and by all accounts it shows. It won’t bore you, but it’s just not engaging enough to become your next gaming obsession.