6.0

1. Aug 26, 2019
    WRECKFEST....... It does exactly what the title says. BugBear have developed a truly awesome game here. From the moment you press start, the music begins, the funky music beats get you in the mood for what’s about to come. I press career to get started, there’s five championships with plenty of content to keep you going. First race, I'm on a lawnmower. I fail miserably but keep re-tryingWRECKFEST....... It does exactly what the title says. BugBear have developed a truly awesome game here. From the moment you press start, the music begins, the funky music beats get you in the mood for what’s about to come. I press career to get started, there’s five championships with plenty of content to keep you going. First race, I'm on a lawnmower. I fail miserably but keep re-trying as its so addictive. Theres plenty of cars to purchase in game and just enough mods to enhance your vehicle. The controls are smooth, theres plenty of options to make sure you have an individual settings control. Whether your a beginner in this kind of game or a pro there is plenty of enjoyment on offer for everyone. After career, you also have multiplayer so you can face off your creations with other racers from around the world. Theres also a custom races mode too. Lots of DLC in the pipeline also so make sure to pick up the season pass for this one. This game is so much fun, I recommend it 100% without concern, and if it weren't for the lack of being able to invite my friends to an online session... I would have give then game a 10/10. I've waited so long for this game and it's everything I had hoped it would be and there's more to come. Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2019
    Every play games like Forza and find yourself rear-ending the hell out of the car in front of you because it's so much easier and more fun then using your brakes in the turns? Boy do I have a game for you!

Wreckfest is absolutely brilliant, a definite 10 stars in my book. It's a genuinely fun game with replay value, this isn't something you're going to play for an hour then never touch again. It has great steering "feel" and smashing (see what I did there) physics, but at the end of the day there is a real racing feel and you have to actually try to win and use more strategy then just running people off the road. The vehicle selection is great! You can race ratty old muscle cars, lawnmowers, RVs, you name it. In a world where $59.99 seems to be the industry standard price to buy a game, Wreckfest is $39.99 which is a super cool move by the developer. You're getting a lot of game for $40, trust me. As someone who owns a full library of $500+ worth of popular racing games, I'm finding myself over and over again reaching for my $39 copy of Wreckfest. Seriously, pull the trigger and buy a copy, you won't regret it! Wreckfest delivers a lot of smiles per gallon!
  3. Aug 29, 2019
    Game crashes and doesn’t run on Xbox, I’ve swapped out for another disc and same thing. Known issue but bugbear won’t release ANY info on fix. I’ve lost all faith in them.
  4. Aug 28, 2019
    I'm not even gonna bother writing a decent review. No local multiplayer in a racing game.. enough said.
  5. Aug 26, 2019
    The best driving game I’ve played in the last five years. Ever played a game like Forza and just rammed all other cars off the track? That is the entire point of this game and thanks to a large selection of vehicles and tracks, there is an endless amount of things to do, whether that be a 24 car demolition derby, or a race with two dozen lawn mowers racing against a combine harvester. LotsThe best driving game I’ve played in the last five years. Ever played a game like Forza and just rammed all other cars off the track? That is the entire point of this game and thanks to a large selection of vehicles and tracks, there is an endless amount of things to do, whether that be a 24 car demolition derby, or a race with two dozen lawn mowers racing against a combine harvester. Lots of fun and a definite buy. Expand
  6. Aug 28, 2019
    Absolute garbage. Terrible port. Broken, buggy, mess of a game. Visual bugs everywhere, horrible multiplayer support (no local play, no private online lobbies, no easy way to join friends online). Another scumbag developer releasing unfinished trash.
  7. Aug 29, 2019
    Just an awful awful implementation of a really good game. Glitchy, visual bugs galore. SUPER easily reproducible bug that breaks online races. No local games. No way to join friends before joining an active race. Just shameful imo, especially for a game that has already been out on PC for over a year!
  8. Oct 11, 2019
    The destructible racing game I have been waiting for since Destruction Derby 64. I love it, great physics, great variety in play modes, great variety in car type and feel, great variety in car customization. This is a great return to a genre of racing game that has been dead for too long. I have two issues with it, the loading times in between races are pretty bad, and I haveThe destructible racing game I have been waiting for since Destruction Derby 64. I love it, great physics, great variety in play modes, great variety in car type and feel, great variety in car customization. This is a great return to a genre of racing game that has been dead for too long. I have two issues with it, the loading times in between races are pretty bad, and I have occasionally had minor and brief frame rate drops.
    Those two quibbles aside, I love this game and will continue to sink many many hours into it, smashing away happily at the best car deformation modeling I have ever seen.
  9. Sep 8, 2019
    Great game for me 10/10, if you like destruction derby then you must have this game. For me it's a mixture of destruction derby plus motorstororm plus flatout.
  10. Sep 10, 2019
    Wreckfest review
    Review by Johnny Mero
    Developed by Bugbear Entertainment Published by THQ Nordic Available on Xbox One, PS4, and Windows When I look at Wreckfest, I immediately flash back to my childhood. Two particular games come to mind. Destruction Derby on the PlayStation and Crash N’ Burn on the PlayStation 2. All I really need to say is I love it a lot. I’m not much of a
    Wreckfest review
    Review by Johnny Mero
    Developed by Bugbear Entertainment
    Published by THQ Nordic
    Available on Xbox One, PS4, and Windows

I’m not much of a racing game fan but i am a dirty racer when I do play them so this game fits me perfectly.

But let me talk about the game instead of my thoughts first. Wreckfest is a demolition derby racing game, which in best way I can describe, crashing a bunch of cars together in what can be the most chaos filled environment, plus you can like race and other fun stuff while you do it.

Gameplay is very solid and feels I would say a bit less like a simulation based, perhaps more like a Forza horizon kind of deal. The customization kind of reminds me a bit of Forza as well with its rating system for vehicles and purchasing of parts to increase the rating. There’s even tuning as well. I have no real issues with anything. Everything works quite well on my standard VCR Xbox One and I can drive a lawnmower.

Overall, this is a game I would prefer instead of most racing games like Forza or Need for Speed because I’m much more of a dirty racer myself, and anyone familiar with modern racing games should be able to get into this no problem, especially with the friend nudge. There’s still a lot more I’d love to see with this game in future updates, but it’s still a solid recommendation from me.
    My Rating: 8/10
  11. Sep 11, 2019
    Fun but not addictive. Too much time spent waiting on loading screens. It kills the fun factor.
  12. Sep 4, 2019
    Great game loved it ,exciting and so much fun . Once u get the car u wanted ,upgrade it ,put armor on it and get on the tracks.
  13. Aug 29, 2019
    A very good fun game to play if not taken too seriously online multiplayer is excellent as is the career mode yes there are a lot of graphical glitches such as the drivers arm when celebrating seems to be held onto his racing suit by springs and there are a number of other little graphical glitches but none that really affect the actual gameplay.
    The whole car and damage dynamics as well
    The whole car and damage dynamics as well as the racing dynamics are extremely well done my only real problem with this game is the amount of time each race takes to load.
    Load times for each new race and track are far too long and I have once installed on the internal hard drive and it still takes up to 50 seconds just to load a basic track.
    I’m sure that once there is more feedback the glitches will very quickly be rectified with updates. The game is already over a year overdue but at least it is here now
  14. Sep 3, 2019
    Simplesmente divertido. Lembra muito um jogo que joguei na minha infância e era muito maneiro.
  15. Sep 1, 2019
    Plays great I've always loved theses types of games been waiting for this for a long time! I am only disappointed in the load times other than that I'm loving it!
  16. Sep 2, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand

1. Sep 16, 2019
    Wreckfest is the epitome of white knuckle driving, as you’ll clench when you can see an oncoming hit about to happen, or laugh uncontrollably once you completely destroy someone and send them flying off the track. Wreckfest is chaotic and frantic fun at its core, and even though it has its issues, it’s a complete blast to play and enjoy.
  2. Sep 15, 2019
    A really nice, fun and accurate game that mixes racing and destruction simulator, just like the old FlatOut did years before. Still, there is some improvements to make on the AI and Online side.
  3. Sep 13, 2019
    By reminding us the glory days of the Destruction Derby franchise combined with the great gameplay of their own FlatOut series, Bugbear gave us a sorely missed and absolutely fun arcade racing experience.