3.6

1. Apr 4, 2022
    See, I don't really know how to score this game, since I would only recommend it to a certain group of people: those who have never played GTA V before. $40(the story mode and online) is flat out insulting for people who have already played the game, especially the ones who played it on ps4 and xbox one. Yes, it may be on sale at this time, but my point still stands. $20(the current saleSee, I don't really know how to score this game, since I would only recommend it to a certain group of people: those who have never played GTA V before. $40(the story mode and online) is flat out insulting for people who have already played the game, especially the ones who played it on ps4 and xbox one. Yes, it may be on sale at this time, but my point still stands. $20(the current sale price) is still far too much. Say what you will about a game like Cyberpunk, but it offered a next gen version with similar upgrades at no extra cost, not to mention the original game released just over a year ago, while GTA V released well over 8 years ago. Don't get me wrong, GTA V on its own is a vastly better game. I would call it one of the greatest games ever made, let alone one of the best of the last decade. That's why I don't think this is a terrible buy for people who have never experienced this masterpiece before, but $40 is just too much. For people who already have the game though, this should have been a free upgrade. Free. There are numerous other companies who have released free upgrades, and Rockstar should follow that tactic. Nonetheless, it's a great looking game on next gen consoles. I would say performance or performance rt mode is the way to go, I would just feel guilty recommending anyone buy this at its current price. Rockstar continues to let us down. Expand
  2. Mar 26, 2022
    Exactly the same game, nonsense. Rockstar is too decadent. GTA+, will be a service to extort more money from GTA Online
  3. Mar 26, 2022
    Le pire du pire a été atteint par Take Two et sa filiale Rockstar. On nous fait repayer 40 euros une mise à jour next gen très superficielle sur le plan technologique. Et en plus ils vendent un abonnement dès la fin du mois où les abonnés auront des contenus exclusifs et où cette version next gen sera obligatoire pour y souscrire.
  4. May 15, 2022
    Не оптимізоване лайно. Таке враження, що у ремастера технічних проблем більше, ніж в оригіналі. Постійно вилітає, фрізить, дуже часто фпс падає нижче 40 у режимі фпс. По графіці зміни незначні. Взагалі, обіцяли безкоштовний апдейт, а вийшло те саме мило з тими самими проблемами. Не рекомендуюНе оптимізоване лайно. Таке враження, що у ремастера технічних проблем більше, ніж в оригіналі. Постійно вилітає, фрізить, дуже часто фпс падає нижче 40 у режимі фпс. По графіці зміни незначні. Взагалі, обіцяли безкоштовний апдейт, а вийшло те саме мило з тими самими проблемами. Не рекомендую
  5. Mar 16, 2022
    GTA V "Expanded & Enhanced"? Simply does not make a difference compared to PC. Still charges the price to update.
  6. Mar 21, 2022
    So we paid for a 60fps patch.. not much has changed new cars locked behind this new version of grand theft auto & the worse part that nobody knew till after if you migrate you can no longer play with old gen friends you have to wait for them to upgrade.. why is rockstar so backwards but we all fell for it they only care about money... cant wait for gta online on the next xbox generation inSo we paid for a 60fps patch.. not much has changed new cars locked behind this new version of grand theft auto & the worse part that nobody knew till after if you migrate you can no longer play with old gen friends you have to wait for them to upgrade.. why is rockstar so backwards but we all fell for it they only care about money... cant wait for gta online on the next xbox generation in 10 years Expand
  7. Mar 17, 2022
  8. Mar 16, 2022
    This is not worth paying 40$ for when the Last gen versions run perfectly fine. Pointless remaster from Rockstar.
  9. Mar 16, 2022
    Give us gta 6 lazy &**$$****************************(*((((((*(***************
  10. Mar 16, 2022
    This game is a big fu***ng joke. Rockstara Games and Take-two are the biggest failure on this year and the previous year
  11. Mar 22, 2022
    Thank you R*! You scammed me for 10$ when I was thinking that I could play GTA V Story mode apart from GTA Online but no. You forced people to buy that online crap to play the story and it’s when on ps5 you can get it for free if you have PS plus. Sorry but this is a total rip-off. This “enhanced” version doesn’t even worth 20$ even with a sale. Let people have a choice! You screwed upThank you R*! You scammed me for 10$ when I was thinking that I could play GTA V Story mode apart from GTA Online but no. You forced people to buy that online crap to play the story and it’s when on ps5 you can get it for free if you have PS plus. Sorry but this is a total rip-off. This “enhanced” version doesn’t even worth 20$ even with a sale. Let people have a choice! You screwed up with GTA Trilogy and now this. Do you want a ton of **** piled up on your heads? Please fix that and let people play the story mode apart from GTA Online! Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2022
    While Grand Theft Auto V as a whole is a great game, this version is not worth buying and was not worth releasing. Rockstar has milked this cow so much the teet has not just run dry but has completely ripped off! There was no reason to release a "next-gen" update that adds nothing of value. Rockstar is NOT the company they used to be. I am 34 and in my teens (early-mid 2000's) Rockstar hadWhile Grand Theft Auto V as a whole is a great game, this version is not worth buying and was not worth releasing. Rockstar has milked this cow so much the teet has not just run dry but has completely ripped off! There was no reason to release a "next-gen" update that adds nothing of value. Rockstar is NOT the company they used to be. I am 34 and in my teens (early-mid 2000's) Rockstar had so many hits and great games. Now they are living off a game that was released in 2013 and have released just one.. ONE! new game since then. Expand
  13. Mar 23, 2022
    Nothing new added. Don’t waste your money. Spend it on a new game and keep playing in the PS4 version.
  14. Mar 22, 2022
    É sacanagem o que a Rockstar está fazendo, depois do Remasted porco do GTA Trilogy, me vem esse Upgrade para nova geração com poucas mudanças a cobrando R$ 107 reais! Absurdo cobrar por Upgrade, ainda mais um Upgrade porco como esse
  15. Mar 24, 2022
    Same game you sold us the last two times with a new case and Very Slightly improved graphics on Console. Take your cash grabs and Get f***ed Rockstar!
  16. Mar 24, 2022
    I launched this game once, played 1 hour maximum. I tried to do refund, That's what i got "Refunds aren't available for digital purchases that have been played or used."
  17. Mar 24, 2022
    Keep selling same game..................hmmm why............................
  18. Mar 25, 2022
    Pros:
    Cons:
    -poor performance
    -a game remastered for the second time STILL asking for money
    -they've added a new subscription called gta+, I don't know what it does and nor do I care, but it's disrespectful to people who already pay for xbox live
    -they can't keep getting away with this
  19. Mar 26, 2022
    Gran juego en 2013 . Pero ya deberían sacar el 6 . Ya está bien de GTA V. Yo he jugado a toda la saga . Le falta inovaccion al juego
  20. Mar 25, 2022
    Cette version n’apporte rien de nouveau au jeu, mais ce n’est pas pour cela qu’il est devenu mauvais. Le gros point négatif est que celui qui possède la licence n’a pas droit à un upgrade, il faut repasser à la caisse et ça ça mérite un carton rouge 1/20!!!
  21. Mar 19, 2022
    Same sh!t
    Nothing new added. Don’t waste your money. Spend it on a new game
  22. Mar 22, 2022
    It is a *not* surprising cash grab.
    Nothing more than that.
    You do not need to buy the SAME game again just for the "Enchanced" things that they done.
  23. Mar 22, 2022
    It's basically the same PC version with settings on Ultra. Ray Tracing, I didn't see it anywhere, and when I did it was something so minimal and it was almost impossible to see with the naked eye. and 60fps is nothing new, as it has been there for years on PC. in short, this "new version" of GTA V for the New Generation of consoles is just a hardware improvement.
  24. Mar 24, 2022
    Вы понимаете что за жалкую обнову с Некст геном денег требовать даже Ubisoft сдела бесплатные обновы для Некст гена к Rainbow six siege хотя казалось бы Ubisoft сделала что то бесплатно , а вы даже это не можете жадные евреи
  25. Mar 24, 2022
    Un lanzamiento descarado para sacarle más dinero a un juego lanzado el 2013, cambios mínimos y un precio exagerado, no vale la pena…
  26. Mar 25, 2022
    I don’t think anything was expanded or enhanced except Rockstars wallet because the only improvement here was 60 FPS…
  27. Mar 25, 2022
    Rockstar introduced a subscription called GTA+. That is all you need to know.
  28. Mar 25, 2022
    Повна фігня.!! За що тут гроші платити ?!?!!
    Немає ніякого rt !!!!
    Рокстар знову обісрались
  29. Mar 25, 2022
    "Um novo jogo aprimorado", realmente a rockstar games demonstrou sua grande capacidade de ser criativa. Sim, criativa. Eles conseguiram criar 1001 maneiras de tirar dinheiro dos gamers sem fazer praticamente nada. Patética e mercenária, essa é a nova Rockstar.
  30. Mar 24, 2022
    A patch with an incredible amount of bugs and without much change for the cost of a full game.
  31. Mar 23, 2022
    Que poco cariño tiene RockstarGames a nosotros sus usuarios y consumidores. No entiendo el costo por tan poco cambio, esta debió de haber sido una actualización gratuita.
  32. Mar 22, 2022
    Nao gaste seu dinheiro com um jogo, de 2013 pela 3 vez nao vale apena rockstar cobrando por uma atualização que deveria ser gratuita, comprei e estou arrependido ate agr
  33. Mar 23, 2022
    Remaster muito mal feito cade gta 6 decepção rockstar cada vez pior . Quer vender o mesmo jogo quantas vezes
  34. Mar 23, 2022
    Meet the new GTA5. Same as the old GTA5. It's not substantially different than my original copy for the Xbox 360, it just looks nicer and runs better. And it's not substantially different than my enhanced copy for the Xbox one. It justooks nicer and runs better. This "enhanced enhanced" copy is more or less just a texture pack on a nearly decade old game. No new content (not like they madeMeet the new GTA5. Same as the old GTA5. It's not substantially different than my original copy for the Xbox 360, it just looks nicer and runs better. And it's not substantially different than my enhanced copy for the Xbox one. It justooks nicer and runs better. This "enhanced enhanced" copy is more or less just a texture pack on a nearly decade old game. No new content (not like they made any anyway, not after they saw how much money GTA Online makes.) No new game modes. The same old GTA5 you've been playing and buying for a decade, just a little nicer looking. Expand
  35. Mar 23, 2022
    nothing new added in the "new generation" consoles gta v version. dont fund this crap. dont waste your money with this version. THIS IS THE SAME 2012 GAME.
  36. Mar 23, 2022
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  37. Mar 24, 2022
    Really? We need gta 6! not 100500 remasters!
    Amateur mods look better than your remasters. Think about it!
  38. Mar 25, 2022
    I only really notice the 60 fps, all other stuff seems the same or even worse then before. The missions are boring and annoying like always, i dont even know why i still play this game...
  39. Mar 23, 2022
    Gta v is great game and super enjoyable but i like to play new story dlc for offline mode . come on rockstar release new story dlc for gta v !!!
  40. Mar 17, 2022
    great minor improvements on the graphics and lightning but the shadow on the Xbox series X|S version is kinda weird comparing to the old gen and ps5 which disturbing me and hopefully they made a quick patch on that
  41. Mar 24, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing new, improvements none… go use your Money on a new game instead. Keep playing the Xbone edition. Expand
  42. Mar 24, 2022
    Le doy un 5 porque si, hay cambios gráficos, no tantos pero si hay, pero lo que todos queriemos no era el mismo juego "remasterizado", queríamos al menos un dlc del modo historia y solo nos dan lo mismo pero para el modo online igual, pero con nuevos vehiculos pero mismo, en cierto punto no me quejo del online ya que no lo he jugado por 8 años seguidos, apenas empecé el año pasado y loLe doy un 5 porque si, hay cambios gráficos, no tantos pero si hay, pero lo que todos queriemos no era el mismo juego "remasterizado", queríamos al menos un dlc del modo historia y solo nos dan lo mismo pero para el modo online igual, pero con nuevos vehiculos pero mismo, en cierto punto no me quejo del online ya que no lo he jugado por 8 años seguidos, apenas empecé el año pasado y lo deje porque me habian prestado el juego en ps4, pero en fin, al menos el gta online lo dieron gratis a los de PS5. Expand
  43. Mar 24, 2022
    Это всё ещё гта 5, но только в 60 фпс с графончиком.
    Не понимаю людей, которые бомбят на цену. После 360 игра на one, а затем и пк продавалась за фулл прайс и всем было норм. А тут 10-20$
    9 поставил за несколько багов, что встретил в онлайне и отсутствие возможности сразу зайти в закрытое лобби из главного меню.
    Это всё ещё гта 5, но только в 60 фпс с графончиком.

44. Mar 24, 2022
    It certainly is faster and looks better than the Xbox One version. But Quick Resume fails all the time. In fact, even when just suspending the game by going into standby mode, the game will reset and if you didn't finish the mission, you can start all over again. Even the Xbox One version didn't have this issue.

This upgrade really should've been free, but with the lower price it's kind

This upgrade really should've been free, but with the lower price it's kind of worth it, but not with this annoying technical issue.
  45. Mar 22, 2022
    So superb Gta5 E&E. I was also happy when i did all gta5 360 online achievements in time
  46. Mar 26, 2022
    I think we can all wave goodbye to gta. Greed killed this brand. Real shame. Used to play it since gta1 and now i dont care. Sod gta6.
  47. Mar 26, 2022
    Rockstar lazily porting this to current gen and charging us for it is bad enough. Rockstar announcing GTA+ is the current epitome of their greed. Boycott.
  48. Apr 3, 2022
    A poor and lazy work from Rockstar Games, the same game without diference from the others versões.
  49. Apr 20, 2022
    Lazy port + censorship, we do not want it here.

If it continues, GTA6 will be rated "E", no thanks...
  50. Mar 26, 2022
    Rockstar milks this Game until there is absolut nothing left. This Game is two Generation's old and they still want Money for this. And if this is not enough, they bring GTA+ now... Some Peoble sould wake up what Rockstar is doing here...
  51. Mar 26, 2022
    At this moment there's not much to say...imagine paying real money for a 2013 game enhancement, that does not had anything new! imagine paying not one, but twice for story and online too...crazy!
  52. Mar 27, 2022
    nothing new, just the same old game with graphics a little better, don't buy it!
  53. Apr 9, 2022
    Like the PS5 version reviews, again, copy paste, this port is probably nearly same anyway, see here:
    By the way, i don't actually own the port, but i seen the reviews recently, its simply not worth anything or to buying/upgrading it, and second is, GTA+ subscriptions, needless to say, its only making Rockstar lazier (also Take-Two fault aswell) and more greedy. People already waited GTA 6 for so long and imagine milking a 9 year old game, said that again, 9 YEAR OLD game (soon) which everybody tired of it.

Now, this port has some false advertising aswell, yes, you guess it, Seamless Character Switching, basically its wasnt even implemented into the game, the loading times for character switching is the same (as PS4/XONE), or even a second slower. And also there's graphical improvements, well, the only thing thats look good so far would be the fire particles/effects, which was more realistic, Ray-Tracing does work, and (this will lead to reviewing ther graphics).

For graphics, Ray-tracing first, despite there's some improvement that could be bit noticable, but there's also hardly noticeable difference for most of the graphics during normal gameplay without comparing, sometime shadows look worse and more blurrier and also it's didnt even change the outdated cubemap method of reflections, instead of more modern method like the Screen one (from GTA Definitve Edition), oh and the lighting still look same as the old last-gen, just bit improvement, but also they still didn't fix or improve draw distance (from far, and its still looked like 2D cars, blurry textures), through only shadows is added to it, and call it a day.

And lastly, to sum it up, this upgrade is not worth it, as i said before, just encourage (including those dumb kids who paid all the sh-t to Rockstar), to stop paying for this next-gen, microtranscations like Shark Cards, and GTA+ subscriptions. This will actually helping Rockstar being less lazier and using their budget to make GTA 6 and completing it, seriously, either don't buy them, or just buy GTA 5 next gen (only if you want, see below for more about upgrades) but don't pay anything microtranscations to GTA Online.

Oh and about the Next gen upgrades, it's not free, no Smart Delivery (for Xbox users) or any bulit-in upgrade method from PS4 to PS5, and its pricing, GTA+ isn't worth it either, atleast 2 games (GTA 5 and Online) are now separate but still. Give the review for next gen as 0 (or anything lower you want, this port isn't worth it), and average or good (6-10) for last gen only.
  54. Mar 27, 2022
    As a PC player this “update” that costs money is laughable and complete garbage As a console player this should have been a free update and it’s disgusting that we have to pay for this for the 3rd time
  55. Mar 29, 2022
    Rockstar Games wants to sell us the same game in 3 generations in a row without any significant evolution, and theys including new membership "GTA+Plus" this is unacceptable.
  56. Mar 26, 2022
    Same Recycled game from 8 years ago, now with PC Graphics! You'd expect an expansion to the map and Good Looking Ray-Tracing, right? Wrong! No better than Maxed out PC Graphics and the same stuff. And on new Characters and accounts, you get a free 4 Million! You'd think you can just spend it on stuff you want right? for the hard effort of paying for the game again right? Nope, you have toSame Recycled game from 8 years ago, now with PC Graphics! You'd expect an expansion to the map and Good Looking Ray-Tracing, right? Wrong! No better than Maxed out PC Graphics and the same stuff. And on new Characters and accounts, you get a free 4 Million! You'd think you can just spend it on stuff you want right? for the hard effort of paying for the game again right? Nope, you have to spend it from the get-go on a Criminal Career which can be grindy. And now GTA+? a 6 Dollar Subscription for the stuff every player should get for free by now? Rockstar Games is innovative, but try giving a push on releasing a trailer for GTA 6 and the game, please. And it wasn't even a free upgrade which is fine for me because I moved to Xbox this year but an 8-year-old game can't get a free upgrade? Literally, the only good thing about this rerelease is that it was cheap to get and the 60 fps. Expand
  57. Mar 28, 2022
    The game is absolutely outdated. Technically this is awful. Then for GTA Online, gameplay is now totally dumb, there are too many items that are expensive. Every little item you want to buy can ruin you. A t-shirt will soon cost you one entire day of play. If you start the game only now, you'll be really disappointed, and you'll feel really poor, good luck to you before you decide to playThe game is absolutely outdated. Technically this is awful. Then for GTA Online, gameplay is now totally dumb, there are too many items that are expensive. Every little item you want to buy can ruin you. A t-shirt will soon cost you one entire day of play. If you start the game only now, you'll be really disappointed, and you'll feel really poor, good luck to you before you decide to play something better. Expand
  58. Mar 28, 2022
    Não vale o dinheiro. Se você comprar isso, você está apoiando **** como GTA Trilogy Remastered, GTA+, e ordenhando um jogo que já esteve por aí e foi lançado várias vezes em diferentes plataformas, por pura ganância. Não me errem mal, não sou um "hater GTA" como alguns smartasses pensariam, mas odeio empresas esquecendo padrões decentes de concepção de jogo e, assim, desrespeitandoNão vale o dinheiro. Se você comprar isso, você está apoiando **** como GTA Trilogy Remastered, GTA+, e ordenhando um jogo que já esteve por aí e foi lançado várias vezes em diferentes plataformas, por pura ganância. Não me errem mal, não sou um "hater GTA" como alguns smartasses pensariam, mas odeio empresas esquecendo padrões decentes de concepção de jogo e, assim, desrespeitando completamente sua base de fãs, novamente, pelo dinheiro. Se você apoiar isso, você apoia a espera de mais dez anos para GTA VI sair, ou sair mais cedo, mas em um estado decepcionante em comparação com o que a Rockstar já nos entregou, anos atrás. Normalmente na indústria de jogos, você vê progressos em diferentes sagas ao longo do ano, e aqui você tem o efeito oposto completo, mas o resultado final é o mesmo para eles, porque você está comprando seu lixo. Até a Apple lança mais recursos a cada iPhone que eles saem do que isso, o que deve fazer você ter uma verificação de realidade séria. Expand
  59. Mar 29, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Experiência horrível tenho gta no Pc e no Xbox não faz nenhum sentido eu ter que compra o jogo novamente já que não ouve mudança alguma da versão de Pc para do Xbox seres s sessões quase vazias n vale apena Expand
  60. Mar 29, 2022
    It's been 12 days since thousands of people reported to don't hear the radio station while being in Xbox party chat on serie x and s . When a encounter this bug ... I was like did they test it ? And all those companies critics are giving like 8/10 . What a bunch of liars . The game it's okay if you play 10 min but if you keep playing more than that you know the real story behind thisIt's been 12 days since thousands of people reported to don't hear the radio station while being in Xbox party chat on serie x and s . When a encounter this bug ... I was like did they test it ? And all those companies critics are giving like 8/10 . What a bunch of liars . The game it's okay if you play 10 min but if you keep playing more than that you know the real story behind this port.
    More bug than the Xbox one version.
    Random death online for no reason.
    Trigger for mission on map doesn't work 50% of the time. Switching character to online player when in story mode result to ban. False marketing around ray tracing. (No reflection) when rockstars add ray tracing it's only for shadow and light...
    Story has been untouched from new radio and cars or even one special mission.
    Literally a quick cash grab . That what I see when they don't even bother to make the sound work in the game. Could make this free upgrade only for new gen while keeping the cross-play. Cause how 5 cars are next gen exclusive ? You will told me the speed ? It was possible to get pass 180mph on Xbox one, now on next gen they making it at 150 mph to call it a feature loll. And so funny how they removed expanded and enhanced from the title like saying they never said that . You just showed to us 5 months ago a trailer saying this don't go back on your words. You there should be lying for false marketing and lying to the public. Shameless company.
  61. Apr 24, 2022
    Rockstar, what happened to you? I'm even afraid to imagine how miserable GTA 6 can turn out if you look at the recent remasters... Let's all say thank you to Take Two for how its miserable managers are killing the most influential game studio :)
  62. Apr 25, 2022
    Why should people have to pay again for this old game.. they should provide a free updation to...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Apr 19, 2022
    A true enhanced version of a game tha is almost 10 years old. A fantastic edition for those few who still haven’t played this installment but not a great leap for those who have been roaming the street of Los Santos since 2013.
  2. Apr 6, 2022
    Rockstar releases GTA V for another generation of consoles. Now with small graphic upgrades and with 60 fps mode. But it's not enough for a paid upgrade.
  3. Apr 3, 2022
    GTA V on Xbox Series X gives very little reason for Xbox One players to upgrade (for a fee). A version that easily could have been free is left behind a paywall to justify technical improvements that fall short of the mark.