• Publisher: Sega
8.3

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Jun 8, 2021
    A true classic that will never be forgotten. It is a futuristic retelling of the original Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast, with major differences in the graffiti system, graphics, and even characters. If you liked the first game, open world games, futuristic games, or any other kind of game in general, you will love this one.
  2. Jul 18, 2020
    A part of my childhood,but I replayed at 2020,the game duration is around 18-24 hrs of history and do other stuff +30 hrs.
    Is a unique game,fun, easy difficulty if you master the mechanics.
    The bads: The bosses feels little annoying,and the map design not my favorite. But in a general view the game is very fun, awesome scenarios, art design and good animation. I recommend it a true jewel
    Is a unique game,fun, easy difficulty if you master the mechanics.
    The bads:
    The bosses feels little annoying,and the map design not my favorite.
    I recommend it a true jewel of OG Xbox,and you can create your own graffiti designs !!
  3. Jun 22, 2020
    Jet set radio future is one of the best games to play on the original XBOX. The fun game play and incredible music from Hideki Naganuma is something you should experience yourself.
  4. Feb 19, 2020
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  5. Jan 15, 2020
    Might not be a very popular game, but it’s actually very good! However, I do prefer the original, but this is still fun to play!
  6. Sep 16, 2019
    It's soon coming up to 20 years since this game was released (well, in 3 years, which in the scheme of things is pretty soon). There hasn't been a year where I haven't done at least one playthrough of this game.

The style, the fluid skating (days of my life spent trying to replicate this myself to no avail), the music, the characters, the level design; all phenomenal. This game would

This game would be my bucket island game, I could never tire of this. Emulation of the game is progressing, but I'd love an official port of this to PC and modern consoles (or at least just PC).
  7. Feb 16, 2019
    The definition of a hidden gem. The game's art style is great. The controls are a bit dated, but it still works very well. And the soundtrack...

*STARTS HUMMING CONCEPT OF LOVE*
  8. Oct 29, 2018
    looking back on a "not quite sequel" of the original dreamcast powerhouse jet grind radio, this game honesty deserves better. being a huge jet set radio fan, i was actually shocked to realize i didnt hear about this jet set radio title until 6 months ago. it is the forgotten one as i would say. but nonetheless, it is a true XBOX game
  9. Dec 31, 2017
    This is game is amazing if you just want to have some fun and chill for a bit.
  10. Aug 8, 2017
    In the sequel, many inconveniences and problems were eliminated and even playing became much more convenient and pleasant. There were also many other problems such as an inconvenient camera, confusing locations and the lack of a mini map. But in general, the sequel in my opinion came out much better than the original of this game and if you have Xbox then you have to play this game.
  11. Jul 24, 2017
    Fun, Unique, & Colorful. One of the most original and unique games ive played on the OG Xbox. The music is just as good and helps make the game what it is in my opinion.
  12. Jul 20, 2016
    Hey. My 14 year old Xbox steamed up and died on me about a week ago while playing this so I came here to reminiscence about how I'm going to miss it. Nah I'm just kidding. This game was something else, and way ahead of it's time! There was just really only one thing I had trouble with, and it'd been the controls. I literally couldn't stop dying in the Skyscraper District, Sky DinosaurianHey. My 14 year old Xbox steamed up and died on me about a week ago while playing this so I came here to reminiscence about how I'm going to miss it. Nah I'm just kidding. This game was something else, and way ahead of it's time! There was just really only one thing I had trouble with, and it'd been the controls. I literally couldn't stop dying in the Skyscraper District, Sky Dinosaurian Square, and Dogenzaka Hill with how frustrating getting off of rails and trying to turn away from edges. But it was still fun though you know? To hear DJ Professor K laugh in my face a million times? Oh yeah. Anyway, time to get an Xbox 360 because I'm ready to go get ALL of my 100 graffiti souls back from those street challenges... Expand
  13. Sep 14, 2015
    This game is so awesome. Many areas and not repetitive at all, you never get tired of it. Love the sound track too, it was away ahead of it's time. Wishing for a remake from SEGA.
  14. Aug 19, 2015
    I originally played this game for the first time when i was 6. Every month, my dad used to buy a xbox game disc and then, one day i played JSRF demo. As a child i was fascinated by the gameplay, but i lost the disc and after my original xbox broke, i wasn't able to play it for a long time.
    Then i bought a X360 and two months ago, during a comicon, i found an original copy of this game in sale.
    I bought it immediately and i was astonished (for the second time, with the same game, that's rare) by the freshness and innovation brought by the gameplay. Even today, in 2015, i simply can't find a game similar to JSRF (except the original jet grind radio), it was a milestone for trick/platform games, and WHAT A MILESTONE! Graphics were extraordinary for the time and are quite good today, soundtrack is simply amazing and the levels are beautifully designed, with many shortcuts and secret areas.
    I know many of you couldn't give the game more than 5 minutes, and i'm really sorry for that.
    But i honestly think that skating in dogenzaka hill with "I love love you" playing in background is an amazing experience that you need to do at least once in your life.
  15. Jun 21, 2015
    Sega hit a home run with this one. Innovative, and for reasons I can't seem to figure out, it never got noticed by the majority of gamers. The only true flaw it sometimes gets repetitive, but the soundtrack makes up for that.
  16. Rem
    Dec 14, 2014
    Growing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game isGrowing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game is supremely sublime, one of the best in gaming. The gameplay blends a roller skating mechanism that has a very competent system of tricks and bells that's primarily saved by the flashy art style. And the graffiti aspect is limited to only one trigger, but is fun enough to warrant your attention. And the soundtrack is just....listen to it. It's a mix of Japanese Pop and some artists that really compliment the neo-Tokyo totalitarian soul graffiti skater game, and I love it. Expand
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    I grew up with this game. The music, story, and graphics are steller. And the music is great.
    I recommend this game to everyone though it isn't a game for everyone.
    Hello Isle Ten.....
  18. Nov 7, 2013
    An awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put inAn awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put in more effort into developing their back stories, or giving them much dialogue at all. So, plot wise, it is the littlest bit lacking, but if overall story line isn't what you are looking for, at least in the character development department, this game is definitely something you should check out. Expand
  19. Jun 6, 2013
    This game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but oneThis game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but one character, aptly named DJ Professor K deserves special mention, he basically serves as a hilarious narrator, I laughed out loud several times at his awesome one liners. This game is more open worldy than it's predecessor, and it works well. It's got a lot of challenge later on especially if you want to unlock the secret characters. All in all a fantastic experience. Expand
  20. Feb 2, 2012
    It's quite telling when reviews are spread out so much- either extremely positive or extremely negative. Something to note though, is that the people who voted it low mostly didn't give the game more than a few minutes. Out of the critics, eg people who actually have (or at least, are expected to), there's not a single negative review.
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique achievements of all time. It wont be for everybody, and is flawed in some aspects. Fortunately the outstanding parts overshadow the shortcomings parts in a big way- and for a game that took outrageous risks (the soundtrack brings together some of the weirdest and unappealing tracks ever and makes them into something absolutely incredible) pretty much all of it pays off.
    Sure, the level design can be detrimental to the fun factor, by trying to inject difficulty, and it gets a little lengthy if you don't take a decent break between sessions. But playing this through for the second time (third if you count the DC version) now, and it still holds up fantastically. Graphics, characters, style, gameplay... 10 years after release, and it still feels fresher than fresh.
  21. Jan 24, 2011
    Incredibly fun. A great sequel, to one of the most fun Dreamcast games. Few games capture the style and flare this game portrayed. Music, Graphics and fun were all there. A great game by all accounts.
  22. MadsC.
    Aug 20, 2007
    A great game that still holds it own 5 years after its release. The tight and very stylized cel-shaded graphics looks amazing. It is a great game of exploration. Eventhough it can get frustrating on the later levels, it makes the game that much sweeter once you know your way around.
  23. KyleH.
    May 31, 2005
    This game is the most longest game i have ever played i giv it a tem:)
  24. TaVonneW.
    Nov 28, 2004
    People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the PS2(if they came out with it.) and the art of spray paint brings back history when cops were after people. Expand
  25. PatrickW.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I like this game !!!!! but i don't know how to get yoyo from the mummy freaks. it gets annoying.
  26. Prophecy
    Aug 14, 2004
    I really really liked it until i got to the final boss u cant sfip the long cut sceen and it is nearly impossible to beat the boss i still havent beaten him and the boss level does get anoying after a while. for the rest no one has ever made a game like this it is a classic and an interesting type of action.
  27. DevinP.
    Jun 15, 2004
    This game is cool!! The dances are sweet!!!I am a good skater too but this game made me look bad. I hope they put this on PS2.yeah!!!!!!
  28. bamwanabefox
    Mar 13, 2004
    Josh maxx im with you guys this game kick ass and the audio is tight.
  29. Josh
    Feb 24, 2004
    This game rox! its so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! this is definitley my favorite game out of every platform!
  30. Maxx
    Feb 3, 2004
    This is probably my favorite game of all time. It's original, beautiful, sonically unique and just plain fun. Unlike anything you'll play ever again.

#2 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#31 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

Generally favorable reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. A solid, entertaining game that delivers a high sense of speed and adrenaline.
  2. A game caught in confusion, in one aspect Smilebit have tried to speed up the gameplay and streamline it, yet in removing the time limit and cops that said immediacy is completely lost, what’s the point in whizzing around all of the levels if you have all the time in the world.
  3. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    A beautiful game...The problem, though, is that Smilebit is guilty of design overkill, and it negatively affects the overall experience. [Apr 2002, p.142]