Open Road Films | Release Date: April 18, 2014
3.7
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 118 Ratings
Watch Now
sammurphy66Aug 5, 2014
Completely irreverent and mostly unfunny, A Haunted House 2 is a slight improvement on its predecessor, but is still a complete waste of time that fails to conjure more than a few guilty chuckles.
HaithamBAug 25, 2014
Ya this is not The Conjuring this A Haunted House 2 ! Starring Marlon Waynes and Annabelle the Doll plus bagool from Sinister and a possessed girlfriend? I laughed throughout this movie and I mildly enjoyed it, but still it is a cinematicYa this is not The Conjuring this A Haunted House 2 ! Starring Marlon Waynes and Annabelle the Doll plus bagool from Sinister and a possessed girlfriend? I laughed throughout this movie and I mildly enjoyed it, but still it is a cinematic abomination. Expand
TheQuietGamerDec 14, 2014
There are certain aspects of it that are an improvement. The sexual humor is still outrageous, but it thankfully never reaches the disgusting and downright disturbing levels the first movie did. The trade off is that the racist humor has beenThere are certain aspects of it that are an improvement. The sexual humor is still outrageous, but it thankfully never reaches the disgusting and downright disturbing levels the first movie did. The trade off is that the racist humor has been cranked up to 10. It's not a great trade off, but it's the only improvement this sequel makes.

The plot makes no sense thanks to the number of parodies shoved in. It's just a string of random references to recent possession and haunting movies. However plot is the last reason anyone would watch this so it doesn't really matter. What does matter are the jokes. Unfortunately the movie just isn't funny.

There shear stupidity of the movie did lead me to a light chuckle every once in a while, mostly out of disbelief, but I couldn't being myself to laugh at any of it. Dumb racial, sex, and physical humor is repeated throughout, often through the means of the same gag. The problem is that gag wasn't funny the first time.

It's a parody in the vein of the Scary Movie series. However fans of that series, as well as of the first A Haunted House, are probably better of skipping this sequel. It never really brings any laughs and just feels lazy. It's dumb humor that never manages to be dumb fun.
imthenoobJul 31, 2014
I think the main reason I like the Haunted House series so much is because Marlon Wayans knows it's a parody film so why take it seriously? If you enjoyed the Scary Movie series and other films like it then you will like A Haunted House 1 andI think the main reason I like the Haunted House series so much is because Marlon Wayans knows it's a parody film so why take it seriously? If you enjoyed the Scary Movie series and other films like it then you will like A Haunted House 1 and 2 just as much. It's just mindless fun. Gotta love people who bash it and yet praise these crappy animated films that featured the same recycled plot over and over again. Anyways, Here are my thoughts on it.

A Haunted House 2 is by far a better movie than the first one (despite critic reviews). It's a lot funnier and will give you many laughs through out. Also, and this is a bit of a plus for it, there are a lot less cameos in this one. Instead focusing mainly on Wayans and his antics through out and rest assure he is a funny guy. So if you have seen and liked the first one then you will definitely like the second one.
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
A Haunted House 2, pese a ser mejor que su predecesora, también comete los mismo errores que tuvo la pasada entrega, volviéndose terriblemente estúpida por perderse en su insignificante comedia negra.

A Haunted House 2 es una película

A Haunted House 2 es una película totalmente adiestrada que se burla de largometrajes como "El Conjuro", "Sinister", "Paranormal Acitivty 2", entre otros. Por desgracias, a pesar que esta película resulta un poco más cómica y mejor elaborada que su débil anterior parte, esta también comete el error de liarse de forma imperceptible con su comedia negra que resulta tan negra, que la película puede tenderse a perder gracia. Esta entrega no resulta mala, porque da más risa que la primera y está mejor hecha, pero no arregló los errores que sustancialmente debía arreglar.
Meth-dudeSep 17, 2019
With the first "A Haunted House" movie not being a masterpiece, I wasn't really expecting anything particularly good. Appart from a few jokes that might make you smile, there's not much to appreciate here. If you're a fan of Marlon Wayans youWith the first "A Haunted House" movie not being a masterpiece, I wasn't really expecting anything particularly good. Appart from a few jokes that might make you smile, there's not much to appreciate here. If you're a fan of Marlon Wayans you might enjoy it. If not, you're better off with something else.you're vetter off Expand
MarickJan 21, 2015
A Haunted House 2 is a 2014 American comedy horror film directed by Michael Tiddes and starring Marlon Wayans. The film is the sequel to the 2013 film A Haunted House. Produced by IM Global Octane and distributed by Open Road Films.