IFC Films | Release Date: March 30, 2007
JaredC.Aug 14, 2007
Boring.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
MariaNov 4, 2007
This movie is perfect. Just be ready for an emotional wallop however. It surprised me in its level of emotional sophistication in scene after scene. I completely agree with the Salon reviewer!
AlSNov 23, 2007
Melodramatic but effective nonetheless.
GeorgeMar 29, 2007
An intensely human drama. Recognizable characters with life challenges, not "movie" challenges. Much like "The Big Chill", it helps to see it from the perspective of over 35 rather than under.
KenGMay 17, 2007
This is good soap opera, and like all good soap opera, it's kind of silly, but also compellingly watchable. This also has the benefit of being well acted soap opera.
JackLJul 25, 2007
Good movie!!! However, nothing is really breathtaking about it. There is not much to dig deep down to and ponder on after the second watch.
MarcK.Jul 28, 2007
A little on the long side, but definitely worth a look. As others have noted, appearances in this film can be very much deceiving. A more than worthy Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Film.
AprilF.Aug 27, 2007
A lovely movie, dramatic but not as melodramatic as some of the reviews suggest. Don't get me wrong - there's some major drama, but the characters are incredibly believable and their reactions are understandable and well-portrayed.
DaltonDaltonApr 14, 2007
Ms. Biers is a little too enamoured of close-ups on eyes. Otherwise, this is a perfect movie. Personally, morally, and politically, it is brilliantly ambiguous. Can the controlling personality of the fat-cat capitalist be more successful Ms. Biers is a little too enamoured of close-ups on eyes. Otherwise, this is a perfect movie. Personally, morally, and politically, it is brilliantly ambiguous. Can the controlling personality of the fat-cat capitalist be more successful than King Lear in wisely dividing his kingdom? The six-pack-abs guy and his hunk issues are secondary to the scene-stealing business mogul. The characters look like real people, not Hollywood dolls after multiple cosmetic surgeries. And if the emotional climax does not rip out your heart, you can be sure that you have no heart. Nothing in this film is easy; everything is true. Expand
VeraR.Apr 28, 2007
Very unusual, original and emotionally intense! I was riveted from beginning to end! A very beautiful film about the real things in life
EvanSJul 24, 2007
As contrived as the story must appear on paper, this movie is ultimately winning due to the heft of the acting, directing and editing. It hits you, it stays with you.
robertiJan 29, 2008
A film as fresh and unanticipated as the sky. a story that rings true, actors that don't pander, a view that seems lifelike.
nathanleebushJul 2, 2016
Melodramatic pap. I'm shocked by the high user and critic scores. Every choice was confused. The hyper kinetic camera movement with documentary stylings and no lighting like a Dogme 95 film had no relationship to the Days of Our Lives plotMelodramatic pap. I'm shocked by the high user and critic scores. Every choice was confused. The hyper kinetic camera movement with documentary stylings and no lighting like a Dogme 95 film had no relationship to the Days of Our Lives plot twists and overwrought acting and dialogue. I think this got the overinflated "international rating," where critics elevate mediocre foreign films because, let's be honest, how many great movies are coming out of Denmark these days? Expand
kathytreeceApr 29, 2017
I watched this more than a month ago on Netflix. The story has a lot of twists and turns and drama. Good performances and great story. Glad I watched it.