Paramount Pictures | Release Date: July 28, 2017
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 36 Ratings
Watch Now
daisybuchanonAug 12, 2017
Don't be afraid to see this movie about climate change. It is based on facts and tells the truth about how climate change has already affected us all over the world from floods in Florida and NYC , to drought and starvation in Syria. EveryDon't be afraid to see this movie about climate change. It is based on facts and tells the truth about how climate change has already affected us all over the world from floods in Florida and NYC , to drought and starvation in Syria. Every country has joined together to do something about climate change, except the U.S. because Trump pulled us out of the agreement. Everyone should see this movie and fight to make our government respond to save our planet. Expand
wollam11Aug 4, 2017
Buttsore rightwing dolts who don't know that they have been brainwashed to continually hurt themselves and their own interests will not like this movie. This is evidenced by lines of thought that have no basis in reality. One reviewer wondersButtsore rightwing dolts who don't know that they have been brainwashed to continually hurt themselves and their own interests will not like this movie. This is evidenced by lines of thought that have no basis in reality. One reviewer wonders why the documentary doesn't challenge the pseudo crap "science" that is floating around out there in cyberspace. Their masters brainwashed them that way. Others, those who can think for themselves, will appreciate the facts and constructive arguments made within. For those who can think for themselves, it's a winner. For those who can only parrot what they have heard their masters say: better stay away if you don't want your worldview challenged. Expand
GreatMartinAug 10, 2017
While there is a pre-sold audience of millions for this movie those who DON’T believe in global warming and/or climate change are the ones who should be seeing “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power”.

Ten years ago Al Gore won an Oscar for

Ten years ago Al Gore won an Oscar for “An Inconvenient Truth” showing what was happening in the world and, without pointing fingers; many said it wasn’t true, it was just natural changes in nature and he didn’t know what he was talking about and yes, “What do the scientists know?”

Seeing this sequel people can see the actual changes but even more important what other countries are doing to make life for their citizens better while recently the POTUS announced that the United States was leaving the Paris agreement made at the 2015 Climate Change Conference. The governor in Florida won’t even meet with scientists while fish swim in the as floods overtake Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Recently a study was presented by scientists to the POTUS reiterating what climate change studies have said, it does make the case that global warming is getting worse and that significant action must be taken. In the film the latter shows the hottest years on earth and they all have happened in the past decade.

Many examples of how storms are getting worse every year are shown with cities being wiped out while it is shown how the many years of drought played a part of the civil war that happened in Syria opening the way for ISIS.

In the United States there are 8 cities that are getting 100% of its energy from solar and wind with the mayor of Georgetown, Texas, saying “It is the reddest city in the reddest county” and gets 100% of its power from that energy. Countries, like Norway, are talking about having an all electric car country by 2025.

Though it is pointed out that climate change will affect our lives in many ways from making the southern part of the USA becoming breeding grounds for the Zieka virus along with super storms, the main message the film imparts that much is being done to cause cheers and hope.

There is a 10-15 minute segment devoted to the DISCOVR space satellite was put on hold by politics and when it was finally launched in 2015 opened a whole new world of science.

The visit to the first movie when Gore spoke about the 9/11 Memorial would be flooded he was laughed at by the ‘know-it-alls’ and we now see how it happened in October, 2012, when hurricane Sandy hit.

“An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” should be seen by all: believers and non-believers.
rvndprAug 6, 2017
I saw a lot of reviews complaining that not enough time was spent on educating people about the science. I am glad that Al Gore did not spend as much time as these people desired. It would not have been much of a sequel if it did that. LetI saw a lot of reviews complaining that not enough time was spent on educating people about the science. I am glad that Al Gore did not spend as much time as these people desired. It would not have been much of a sequel if it did that. Let the scientists debate the science. We need people inspired to do something about the problem and this film does a great job inspiring people despite the despair we may feel given the kind of inaction and scorn associated with this issue. Make no mistake though - it is a very informative film, although not about the science, but more informative about the fight and challenge to get broad acceptance and co-operation to actually do something.

A shout out to all Indians. You should see this movie to understand some of the India related politics on this issue. It is a message of hope for those of us who especially felt hopelessness on this issue in India for the longest time. It is very interesting to learn what happened behind the scenes.

I'm realizing that writing a review for this documentary without spoilers is a bit difficult, and I'm going to try my best. Now obviously, I believe that climate change is a real thing, and I don't debate this because I don't like to pretend that I understand the science. But when the scientific consensus is there and when we have seen quite a lot of evidence of increase in Climate related episodes throughout the world, I find it undeniable. The film does a good job presenting the evidence for this once again. And yes... there is a bit of discussing how the original films predictions were mostly correct without trying to lecture. Now obviously the people who say that they don't believe this stuff after watching the first film as an adult are unlikely to appreciate this movie. My impression is that these people are close minded on this issue - so I would not recommend this movie for you. But if there are those of you out there who are at least interested in hearing about the challenges that our side goes through to fight against your side, I promise that you will find interesting information and perhaps even some gratification that you are doing a good job in slowing us down on this issue. Yes... you should watch this movie. At the very least I would like to see your sides rebuttal documentary - there is always one. I will be sure to watch it.

Overall, this documentary presents a message of hope that we can and are doing something to deal with the problem of climate change, and it does an excellent job delivering that message and showing the challenges that are faced and overcome.
Jess_HillSep 1, 2017
A documentary that makes some pertinent points about the state of our world and leaves you with a heavy sense of despondency. With Trump looming as an ever present malevolent reminder that we are in dark days for tackling climate change, weA documentary that makes some pertinent points about the state of our world and leaves you with a heavy sense of despondency. With Trump looming as an ever present malevolent reminder that we are in dark days for tackling climate change, we watch as Gore valiantly tries to mobilise world leaders and local communities to do their part in trying to deal with the imminent threat. Whilst there is some important material covered, the pacing is slow and Gore as a personality is far to much of a focus which detracts from the experience somewhat. A solid film with an important message, and there is a strong call to arms with moments of real passion from Gore, but it's not the knockout experience that the first film was. 6.56/10 Expand
pdw123Aug 24, 2017
Went to see this finally, and the info and updates within just as amazing as the first one, longer review later. Sadly, the former VP could not deliver his address in Paris because of the horrible terrorist attack there. The "coal trolls"Went to see this finally, and the info and updates within just as amazing as the first one, longer review later. Sadly, the former VP could not deliver his address in Paris because of the horrible terrorist attack there. The "coal trolls" giving this neg ratings not even having seen the film, need to find something a lot more positive to do with their miserable lives or get off this site entirely. This is the TOP existential issue for humans, but all other land and water species on the planet, and will be the 6th extinction as actual scientists including Neil De Grasse have talked about forever, if we don't get it under control and NOW...It's called the Anthropocene for a reason, people--e.g. humans will be extinct!! Expand
JLuis_001Nov 25, 2017
Although it's not as resonant as the first one, its message still as important, let's say we received the update and the reminder that what's necessary still hasn't been done.