Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: April 26, 2019
Generally favorable reviews based on 4861 Ratings
3,789
Watch Now
EstheteOct 19, 2019
When Avengers: Infinity War came out, it was the highest point entire Avengers series. But Kevin Feige and The Hateful Dozen blew it. First X-men, and now Avengers.

"...that’s not cinema..." © Martin Scorsese. "Martin was kind when he said

"...that’s not cinema..." © Martin Scorsese. "Martin was kind when he said it's not cinema. He didn't say it's despicable, which I just say it is." © Francis Ford Coppola
dvaispapir17Apr 29, 2019
A wonderful end of a saga, which the community, the characters and the Marvel Studious really deserves
PauloReviewsApr 26, 2019
"Avengers: Endgame" is about memories, nostalgia and tons of fan-service moments. This is a movie that understands its audience and fans, trying to give each character's story closure without forgetting to provide valuable entertainment for"Avengers: Endgame" is about memories, nostalgia and tons of fan-service moments. This is a movie that understands its audience and fans, trying to give each character's story closure without forgetting to provide valuable entertainment for the whole crowd. It also might be a tad too cheesy for some people's taste, particularly when there's a comedic relief scene.

My biggest concern coming into this movie was the insertion of bland and uninspired jokes that plagued my overall solid experience in "Infinity War". This film was an improvement in that regard but it isn't without its cringe-inducing moments. Things like the "Fortnite" scene (and more than that I won't say) just made me roll my eyes. It's unbelievable how they manage to overkill it with these comedic scenes that are so painfully unnecessary and do nothing to advance the plot. I understand that you're trying to make your audience have a good time and all, but this is just unbearable.

Other than that, the comedy - I thought - worked just nicely for the most part. The jokes that existed didn't ruin the tension.

The characters were very central in this movie. Some characters shined; others not so much. I didn't like "Captain Marvel" and I certainly don't like the titular character, so I was grateful that she was underused in this movie. Everytime she's on screen and she smiles at the camera, it feels as though the actress is trying to show charisma, but there's none whatsoever. Not that the actress is awful - it's simply that she is not as interesting as the writers are portraying her to be. I know some critics enjoyed Chris Hemsworth's performance and the character, but it's sad to see that the character is reduced to a comedic relief (again).

The movie also boasts an impressive budget, with so many set-pieces and computer-generated effects to be observed. This element of the movie provided the writers with so many angles to explore the story. While "Avengers: Endgame" is three hours long, the narrative is entertaining enough to overcome the more stale sequences. The movie never feels dull and it keeps you in the edge of your seat. I had a fun time watching it.

7/10.
PaulxavierfosteMay 23, 2019
Ohne Worte. Der Film zeigt, warum es sich lohnt, ins Kino zu gehen. der Film ist kein Mega-Blockbuster mehr, er ist ein Monster-Mega-Blockbuster. Die Story, die einen emotional berührt,die Witze sind 1A, die Kampfszenen, sind 1A, das FinaleOhne Worte. Der Film zeigt, warum es sich lohnt, ins Kino zu gehen. der Film ist kein Mega-Blockbuster mehr, er ist ein Monster-Mega-Blockbuster. Die Story, die einen emotional berührt,die Witze sind 1A, die Kampfszenen, sind 1A, das Finale ist eines der epischsten der Filmgeschichte. Dieser Film ist einer der besten Filme, die ich je gesehen habe und natürlich auch mit Abstand der beste Marvel-Film. Expand
20 of 32 users found this helpful2012
DanyalBaigMay 24, 2019
Coming as one of the biggest conclusion in the cinematic history, Avengers: Endgame lives up of its name as the most satisfying, story-wrapping epic of it's own kind.
20 of 32 users found this helpful2012
AlejoFartoApr 29, 2019
Best Marvel Film Ever! The best way to conclude the story of many characters
BrianMcCriticMay 11, 2019
Can't think of a better way to wrap up this cinematic journey. This is much more than a superhero film it's also a character study. I loved it!! Overall a mid 9 an A.
SrPepeMay 3, 2019
La película más emocional de Marvel y más increíble. Es tan poderosa y nos transmite tanto a los fans que a la hora de recordarla no podemos pensar en errores sino en todos esos momentos tan icónicos. La mejor película del mundo.
nanohulkMay 22, 2019
Gran Película del UCM para mi es la mejor de todas cumple con todo lo que deseabalos y mas lo único que me queda decir es Infinity War es una basura a comparación de Endgame
MicaelSteelApr 30, 2019
It is difficult to not stumble upon a new Marvel movie now and then and, despite some exceptions, such as "The Incredible Hulk", they are generally well-ranked movies. "Avengers: Endgame" is the perfect finale for the MCU world. No matter theIt is difficult to not stumble upon a new Marvel movie now and then and, despite some exceptions, such as "The Incredible Hulk", they are generally well-ranked movies. "Avengers: Endgame" is the perfect finale for the MCU world. No matter the few plot holes (which all MCU movies had), the few inconsistencies between characters from comic books and MCU (which always happened as well), it is a movie made for fans that have been following the Infinity Stones storyline, which covered movies from Captain America, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange and, obviously, Avengers. Without spoiling the movie, I can say that "Avengers: Endgame" starts well by setting up the audience with a new reality after the advents from "Avengers: Infinity War". This is followed by an intense and well-designed confrontation, where it gets enjoyable to perceive how the different personalities of our heroes engage, namely between the rational down-to-earth nature of Iron Man and the overoptimistic nature of Captain America. This leads us to the resolution of the movie, which sets an intense and emotional climax as never seen in any other MCU movie, leading us to a final breath-taking outcome of the entire MCU plot.

For me, and so far, definitely the best MCU movie, and hence the reason for my MCU-contextualized score.
GotHurtMay 21, 2019
Funny, exciting, and shocking if you weren't already spoiled by someone. Avengers: Endgame does an amazing job of wrapping up 11 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you've been with the series all along, then you are guaranteed to cryFunny, exciting, and shocking if you weren't already spoiled by someone. Avengers: Endgame does an amazing job of wrapping up 11 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If you've been with the series all along, then you are guaranteed to cry at least 3 times during the movie, and use the bathroom right before you enter the theater! Expand
NirmitMay 21, 2019
Best movie ever. The time travel alter timeline and last fight was best. Whole movie was best.
felixbambam2Apr 29, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was amazing from start to finish. It was filled with heart, action and altogether a great sense of closure. Although there were some plot holes scattered throughout the movie and slightly less Iron Man fight scenes than I would've hoped for, it still ticks practically every box that I was after and is a great sendoff to the Avengers franchise. Expand
Shark_GamerApr 30, 2019
First movie I have ever given a 10 for and it is well deserved. After 3 screenings I still cannot get enough of it. A must watch.
NearApr 29, 2019
I think that people who rate this movie negatively fail to understand the motives and the arc that each character went through during the 22 movies. If your main complain is that Thor got depressed, I suggest you to look up on youtube videosI think that people who rate this movie negatively fail to understand the motives and the arc that each character went through during the 22 movies. If your main complain is that Thor got depressed, I suggest you to look up on youtube videos that do some analysis, maybe you can learn how to do them on your own. Some people don't even understand a concept that they explained VERY CLEARLY in the movie. I guess 10 years old do not have the ability to focus for 3 hours on a movie.

It's not a perfect movie, but it's the best finale to a movie saga I have ever saw. Just to make a comparison, Harry Potter, which was only 8 movies long and based on a book, came out worst than this one, which was the end of a saga written and directed by many different people.
dannysalApr 26, 2019
A heart-pounding, heartwarming, and heartbreaking film. The cast is stellar and the writing is superb. I wasn't expecting so many laughs...or the tears. Cheers to the cast and crew, the Russo's, Marvel, Disney, and of course, Stan Lee, forA heart-pounding, heartwarming, and heartbreaking film. The cast is stellar and the writing is superb. I wasn't expecting so many laughs...or the tears. Cheers to the cast and crew, the Russo's, Marvel, Disney, and of course, Stan Lee, for giving us the gift of the MCU and inspiring us all to do more to make the world a better place; "whatever it takes!" Expand
DramareApr 26, 2019
Overall great movie hampered by a very slow start (3 hours really not necessary here), a lack of consistency (fans of thor wont be too happy), comedy that falls short and what feels forced into the overall quite serious story and some fairlyOverall great movie hampered by a very slow start (3 hours really not necessary here), a lack of consistency (fans of thor wont be too happy), comedy that falls short and what feels forced into the overall quite serious story and some fairly distracting politics pushing. Captain Marvel was an unwanted intruder into the story of familiar characters and quite often I sighed out loud at the blatant attempts to garner the attention of the media or get awards. Entertainment should be entertainment and whether I agree or disagree with the politics, I would rather they refrain from using a fun action superhero movie as a political platform.

The ending alone however is a fitting conclusion to the marvel story and unforgettable though to actually enjoy the film properly you will have needed to have kept up with the majority of the MCU which is one hell of a task and will probably leave you a bit tired of the superhero genre. To improve on this movie they would need to have fixed the pacing at the start of the movie, yes its building up to the conclusion but so has every marvel movie, you don't need 2 hours to explain things.
They would get rid of the politics pushing. Captain Marvel should not have suddenly popped up to brag about how strong she was, felt empty and insulting to the original heroes. Also forcing all the female characters to be in one scene for a snapshot for the media might sound like a good idea but one doesnt actually fight and one was meant to be fixing something so it felt distractingly pushed.
They also should not have messed with Thor as much as they did and they should not have messed around with the 'strength' of all the heroes. This universe is too old to suddenly add a hero a few weeks before the conclusion of it all who dwarfs the rest of them in strength (Captain marvel)...
intruder313Apr 28, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good overall though a little too long, the 'Time Heist' was a bit silly and some characters got too much screen time at the expense of others e.g. the awful Nebula is critical to the plot while we don't really get The Hulk. Expand
FanonymousMay 13, 2019
I'm a Fanboy, no apologies.

After 10 years and 22 movies, MCU brings an end to an era of the Avengers. And it's no surprise that they couldn't please everyone. That's just too tall of a task for any group of artists. But the brilliant team
I'm a Fanboy, no apologies.

But the brilliant team at Marvel and Disney did one heck of a job making a movie that they can be proud of and did in fact accomplish nearly all of their goals.

They wrapped up many story and character arcs. They created the options for continuing stories. They finished off the central conflict with a villain that could honestly be called super. And they paid homage to a line of movies and comic books that have given joy to a generations of fans while showing us that the creators of MCU are all fans too.

There are of course plot holes and unanswered questions. How could there not be in a story involving hundreds of characters and dozens of interweaving stories? The wonderful thing is that Marvel and Disney had the courage to see it through. Given there was a time that making serious live action movies about comic books was laughed at in Hollywood. That people would never have attempted telling stories that played out over a decade and 22 movies. These film makers not only pulled it off, they proved that it could be done for a much larger audience than any filmmaker had ever dreamed possible.

I for one have cherished every minute of every film. Plot holes, problematic characters and all. And I'm glad to have been around to see my comic book heroes recognized by the world.

Thanks Marvel, Disney and the myriad of artists who put this all together.
DukeJonMay 11, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The second best superhero movie I've see, after infinity war. Takes a while to get going, lots of false finishes and trips to the past, but overall a very fine send off for iron man and captain america. Three hours long, but the time flew by. Marvel are knocking it out of the park at the moment, I can't think of a better way to find escapism at the movies. Expand
Goo4youApr 28, 2019
The movie that confirmed reviews and how earning mean next to nothing. If you've watched these movies over the years, you're going to see this or you already have. Do you know what doesn't matter? Everything else.

Pro reviews citing

Pro reviews citing cinematography or pacing; pointless
Pacing issues? Pointless
Acting? Pointless

There is a 10 year 20+ film Plot and Story Arc coming to a close, nothing else mattered. You might as well tried describing the size of a fathomless void.

With that said, great movie, tons of fan service, tons of callbacks. The movie was the perfect dessert to a wonderful 7-course meal.
mrmonsterApr 28, 2019
Avengers: Endgame is truly an awesome movie. I saw it yesterday, and my body still hasn't fully recovered from both the shear epicness and the emotional impact of what I saw.
CalvinCrackMay 4, 2019
Masterpiece. One of the best big movies ever made. Ranks with the great sequels like Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. The script, the direction, the performances are all devoted to making this movie special. Endgame could have been anMasterpiece. One of the best big movies ever made. Ranks with the great sequels like Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. The script, the direction, the performances are all devoted to making this movie special. Endgame could have been an 8/10 and made as much money as it has. But the fact they delivered an 11/10 shows you what these filmmakers are made of. When it ended I immediately wanted to see it again. Expand
Compi24Apr 27, 2019
On ending screenplays and films, legendary screenwriter William Goldman once famously said, "give the audience what they want, but not in the way that they expect." No movie -- nay -- collection of movies has more wholly embodied thisOn ending screenplays and films, legendary screenwriter William Goldman once famously said, "give the audience what they want, but not in the way that they expect." No movie -- nay -- collection of movies has more wholly embodied this statement than the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For, as far as filmic endings to 22-movie-long arcs are concerned, this is most definitely as close to the best version of what it needed to be, if not already that. It's as bold, different, monumental, and as epic as it's been sold as, with almost every minute of its beefy runtime ringing true to me as either being completely necessary or entertaining at the very least. A crowning achievement for long-form storytelling, movies, and fiction in general. And most definitely worth the watch. What a finish. Expand
alfredhess36Apr 26, 2019
Found myself having a big stupid grin on my face for a majority of this movie. No, it's not perfect, but it's good and at a time where many movies can't keep a plot coherent through two or three movies, they pulled off a decade long seriesFound myself having a big stupid grin on my face for a majority of this movie. No, it's not perfect, but it's good and at a time where many movies can't keep a plot coherent through two or three movies, they pulled off a decade long series tying 21 other movies together into one satisfying climax. I'd see all 3 hours of it again today. Expand
SaintJames012Apr 30, 2019
Most movies are lucky two have one memorable scene that sticks out and becomes the major moment of the movie. Endgame is blessed with being filled with them. A great ending to a story 11 years in the making, Endgame is only hindered by a fewMost movies are lucky two have one memorable scene that sticks out and becomes the major moment of the movie. Endgame is blessed with being filled with them. A great ending to a story 11 years in the making, Endgame is only hindered by a few points that seem to hinder the overall pacing of the movie. Let's be honest, at this point we don't want to see exposition dumped, we want to see a bloodbath. Expand
SnipeOriginMay 2, 2019
For what it is, a decade long franchise, that killed many important characters in previous entry. They achived everything. It was very tense, the whole time though, it has comedy to losen that up, and great action.
Lil' more action would be great.
Gabo_397Apr 29, 2019
The movie overall is great, better than Inifnity War in my opinion although it's full of fan service and sometimes I thinks it's just a little too much going on...
Infinity_GauntlMay 8, 2019
Awesome Movie!! I'm not going to spoil it for anyone. This is a must see. Action packed and a tear jerker all in one!There is so much here especially if youve ever been a fan of the comics of just watched the MCU movies!
DiegoClarkeApr 29, 2019
La mejor película del UCM, épica, llena de emotividad, giros inesperados y por supuesto una conclusión digna y grata de un ciclo que se hace merecedora de un reconocimiento desde el punto de vista argumental y emocional en todas sus categorías
ImpirusMay 10, 2019
I was a dc fan way over marvel, i actually didn't like their movies, but the last couple of years it turned around,this is the 2nd maybe best movie i have seen in the theater
vinio2323Apr 29, 2019
Endgame was a direct sequel movie to Infinity war. It had a well paced story with plenty of action and dialogue where for the number of characters the screen time didn't seem rushed for them. It was very satisfying in it's wrap up and storyEndgame was a direct sequel movie to Infinity war. It had a well paced story with plenty of action and dialogue where for the number of characters the screen time didn't seem rushed for them. It was very satisfying in it's wrap up and story telling of a number of our heroes, and the overall plot was not quite what I expected throwing a lot of fun and twists into what you would expect with some great call outs to the comics.

It was a great movie well worth the watch on the big screen. A few notes though. If you aren't a die hard in the MCU (Having seen every movie) that is fine, but there are a number that are almost necessary to have seen for this one. The First avenger movie, the original captain america and thor movies, the first guardians of the galaxy, and of course infinity war.
KayVen17May 22, 2019
+ grandioses Bild im IMAX
+ man merkt die Länge von 181 Minuten kaum
+ alle wichtigen Fragen beantwortet
+ unerwartete Wendungen
+ epische Momente + grandioser Showdown

- gewisse Logikfehler
- manche Charaktere kommen zu kurz
alejandro970May 12, 2019
At least, the epic ending of a saga that catch the attention of a generation. Mixed elements of action and comedy gives enough dynamic the full 3 hours, with a crushing melancholic final act. ¿What's next?
Geng1sApr 28, 2019
As a marvel fan I honestly dont think I could have asked for a more fitting conclusion to a decades worth of film. Fan service has never been done at this extent without having to forfeit story.
I have seen it twice and I suspect I will see
I have seen it twice and I suspect I will see it more. Fantastic. Bravo. Thankyou.
Cereal-KillerApr 26, 2019
Most of the plot is predictable but there are lots of surprises and it´s the most epic MCU movie so far. Maybe even the most epic Superhero movie of all time.
ILoveBF1May 1, 2019
All I can say **** OFF ACTION JUNKIES. Not every action movie needs to be flooded with action. I liked the exposition they made. The planning and everything are great. Build up was great. The emotional scenes hit. The return/entrance of theAll I can say **** OFF ACTION JUNKIES. Not every action movie needs to be flooded with action. I liked the exposition they made. The planning and everything are great. Build up was great. The emotional scenes hit. The return/entrance of the heroes is one of the best cinematic moments ever. wish Captain Marvel did more though but well I would take it than her soloing Thanos. Character arcs (especially Captain America) were ended pretty well.

10/10 Great Movie.
YakusokuNoJiMay 19, 2019
This was an absolutely fantastic movie.
I am not sure which Avengers movie, 2 or this one, I would choose as the top movie from the Marvel cinematic universe but it definitely is one of the best ones, one of the 2 top ones.
First my main
This was an absolutely fantastic movie.
First my main gripe, combined with an admirable effort:
The writers use Bruce Banner to establish the axiom of how a Consistency Paradox cannot be occuring. And I am glad that they did that. You cannot overwrite something. You cannot destroy the existence of something by overwriting its state and thus also not overwrite the event that served as initiation of the overwrite itself.
That was perfect.
What was not perfect? Well, first of all, they used Multiverse Theory. That is bad, because it is also inconsistent but whatever - let's accept that, it fits the comics overall and is at least no Consistency Paradox. BUT the story tries to establish "if we bring the stones back we dry out those time branches" - what? No. Either they exist or they don't. Trying to "dry them out" would mean you would actually depend on the Overwrite Consistency Paradox which the writers so skillfully already cancelled out. Now IF they establish "the stones were always brought back, we do not overwrite a timeline/delete it, we simply are talking about something that is possibly but never comes into existence" then okay, then it would mean that within a timeloop they always brought back the stones after getting them. But they very well established that they want to get rid of the timelines so they were no talking about timelines that never existed in the first place. A timeline without a Thanos because Past Thanos travelled to the other branch will always exist. A timeline where Loki stole the Tesseract and fled will always exist and there is nothing they can do about it by bringing back the stones. At best they "always brought back the stones" and that's it. The timelines that we know definitely exist even if there might have never been a timeline "without Infinity Stones".
Now this being said, I am glad that they at least tried and of course its fine that they at least tried to make an effort caring about causality but treating it like there are no other timelines now is just nonsense because from a chronological perspective and the establishment "we cannot overwrite/delete things" they very clearly (and realistically) could not do anything about that. The timeloop by the way was also sloppy because Cap cannot bring back the stones in their original state so he definitly "has not always brought them back to his own timeline". I do not know if they forgot about that but I can turn a blind eye on that because they really tried other than other movies and Tony's fate was heartbreaking but he got a solid sendoff, so did Captain America. It is great how the movie ended with him giving him "a second chance", but I think the writers wanted us to just think about the joyful side of this because the reality is: Even that was another timeline. Captain America had a life with an Alterative Magaret. His own Margaret still became an old, lonely lady in his "home timeline" and that is pretty sad and depressing for both.
Well, nevertheless for what the movie tried, establishing good character scenes with all kinds of emotions, wrapping up things (even if not completely correct but the effort was here) and offering spectacular finale to this story arc it did a absolutey fantastic job.
By the way - there was no solid reason why they could not snap their own set of Stones back into existence. On top of that: i understand why they cannot bring back Gamora and Natasha as they ARE the Soul Stone but Vision existed together with the Mind Stone and Thanos already proved the Stone together with Vision can be brought back so they should have brought him back.

I love it times 3000. By the way - half of the time travelling complaints here on this site come from ordinary pop-culture fanboys that have no idea of time phenomena, causality, et cetera. Just as the other half is from Thanos fanboys that really thought Thanos was a hero in Infinity War just because he "wanted something good for 50%" completely dismissing the psychopathic part of the character.
GeekGenerationApr 28, 2019
Je tiens a vous rassurer. Cette critique est sans spoilers. La partie spoiler est en rouge avec une mention bien visible. Donc si vous n’avez pas vu le film, évitez d’aller y faire un tour étant donné que le film regorge de moments épiques etJe tiens a vous rassurer. Cette critique est sans spoilers. La partie spoiler est en rouge avec une mention bien visible. Donc si vous n’avez pas vu le film, évitez d’aller y faire un tour étant donné que le film regorge de moments épiques et surprenants. Je préviens aussi que certains passages de Captain Marvel et d’Ant-Man et la Guêpe vont être évoqués pour mieux comprendre le début de l’histoire.

Pour commencer, sachez qu’une bonne connaissance du MCU n’est pas négligeable pour comprendre Endgame. Si vous avez révisés avant l’interro, ça sera bien plus simple. Nous allons évoquer la partie de l’histoire qui a déjà été dévoilée, à savoir que le film commence une vingtaine de jours après le génocide de Thanos laissant une partie de nos héros sur Terre, et d’autres sur Titan. Cependant, deux absents font leur apparition, Scott Lang qui qui resté bloqué dans le monde quantique et Carole Danvers qui a accouru (ou volé) lorsque Fury a activé son signal. Clint Barton est également de retour mais pas en Hawkeye mais sous l’apparence de Ronin, qui est terriblement badass. Tout ce petit monde tente de se remettre du terrible sort de leurs amis et familles et décide donc de s’attaquer à Thanos dans un dernier élan d’héroïsme. Et… on coupe pour la partie sans spoilers. Oui c’est très court mais je ne peux pas vous en dire plus sinon ça gâchera l’histoire et les surprises, et il y en a tout un tas.

Vous l’aurez compris, Endgame est le dernier recours des Avengers, frappés par le chagrin. Chacun vit son deuil à sa manière que ce soit Captain America qui garde une confiance en l’avenir et le fait de vivre avec l’idée que rien ne changera, ou Thor qui le traite d’une autre façon et très drôle vous verrez. Le film se concentre aussi d’avantage sur les membres fondateurs du groupe, mais aussi sur certains personnages qui ont une partie importante dans l’histoire comme Ant-Man ou Captain Marvel. C’est difficile de parler du film sans spoiler, c’est pour ça que je vais m’arrêter là. Pour les curieux, une partie spoils est en dessous en rouge.

Explosif, drôle, émouvant et surprenant, Avengers: Endgame met la barre encore plus haut qu’Infinity War ! Le film joue avec nos sentiments comme un oscilloscope. On passe du rire aux larmes et parfois même le souffle coupé par certaines scènes. Les personnages sont très émouvants, les batailles sont épiques et le sens du fan-service est à son paroxysme vers le second et dernier tier du film. Merci Marvel pour ce grand spectacle.
The_Historia117May 13, 2019
Watch this movie!!! Even If your not a fan This is an Experience!!! AVENGERS!! ASSEMBLE!!!
JeromeRiggsMay 15, 2019
Avengers: Endgame can be best described by comparing Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame to Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 respectively. The first one is an epic and weird adventure that has both the wackyAvengers: Endgame can be best described by comparing Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame to Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 respectively. The first one is an epic and weird adventure that has both the wacky superhero stuff and great action adventure stuff, and the second is emotional, more character driven and incredibly satisfying but with more wacky superhero and action adventure stuff. With that in mind, Avengers: Endgame ties up the MCU up to this point pretty nicely. It is a love letter to all the other MCU movies, if it was written by a love-letter-writing professional heartthrob. Expand
xcxvyMay 24, 2019
I must admit that Infinity War left me with twisted feeling, somehow there was too many action and no real character development. Cap had nothing to say and Bucky said one sentence. So I was sceptical with Endgame, but it managed to overwhelmI must admit that Infinity War left me with twisted feeling, somehow there was too many action and no real character development. Cap had nothing to say and Bucky said one sentence. So I was sceptical with Endgame, but it managed to overwhelm me, and my god it has delivered the conclusion I was waiting for. My favourite movie ever :) Expand
rswitzApr 29, 2019
"Avengers: Endgame" is nothing short of a spectacle that serves as a poignant and deserving conclusion to the legendary "Avengers" saga that defined a generation, not unlike "Return of the Jedi".
QuacksonjaMemeMay 22, 2019
Ive never cried to a movie before. Damn this movie is an emotion roller coaster.
Its really an perfection of a movie.

10/10 Best Marvel movie.
clarkaddisonMay 4, 2019
It may not be the ending you specifically wanted but it`s the ending the MCU deserves. Apart from some unexplained plot points and some minor complaints this film does the impossible. It brought an end to the current run of MCU films. ThereIt may not be the ending you specifically wanted but it`s the ending the MCU deserves. Apart from some unexplained plot points and some minor complaints this film does the impossible. It brought an end to the current run of MCU films. There is still more Marvel to come obviously but seeing the end of the Infinity Saga was very rewarding. Expand
ssessesApr 28, 2019
An utterly fantastic and surprising movie. The pacing was fantastic, and the movie goes into a completely unexpected territory, that allows for a bit of fan service and one of the best movie sequences in film history. The years of build upAn utterly fantastic and surprising movie. The pacing was fantastic, and the movie goes into a completely unexpected territory, that allows for a bit of fan service and one of the best movie sequences in film history. The years of build up allows for a strong connection to the characters, and Endgame takes full advantage of that. Expand
Y0daM0useMay 1, 2019
I grew up with the marvel universe and i have to say this is the most perfect send-off for the most perfect series of all time. Everything in the movie works well the scenes gel together nothing is ham-fisted the jokes in the movie just likeI grew up with the marvel universe and i have to say this is the most perfect send-off for the most perfect series of all time. Everything in the movie works well the scenes gel together nothing is ham-fisted the jokes in the movie just like nearly every other Marvel movie are laugh out loud. It's funnier then alleged comedies. Its like three movies in one but it all works. Its an edge of your seat action movie, A laugh out loud comedy and has depressing scenes that are tear jerking. Altogether is perfect nd amazing fan-service. Expand
ahmedaiman1999May 12, 2019
The Russos couldn't have subverted our expectations in a better way. Simply, because they didn't give a hoot about our expectations. Instead, they gave us a a continuation of Infinity War with a most unexpected conflict. In other words, theyThe Russos couldn't have subverted our expectations in a better way. Simply, because they didn't give a hoot about our expectations. Instead, they gave us a a continuation of Infinity War with a most unexpected conflict. In other words, they went for the head; all we cared about are the stones.

They also proved that they understand every character in this universe better than anyone. They delved into their minds and hearts in a way fans ever hoped and fancied. They truly fleshed out our beloved avengers by showing them as more humans exactly as we felt about them at every important moment in every movie in the MCU. They convinced us that these characters really experienced these moments, and thus cared about them as much as we do. The incredible cast, who are at the top of their game, couldn't have complemented what the Russos did for their characters more perfectly.

Whilst the unique storytelling of Infinity War never feels "cinematic", I absolutely loved it with its epic quality and how I felt that I was flipping pages of a graphic novel instead of watching a movie. The Russos used once again the same exceptional style of narration here, except that, to my surprise, it feels as "cinematic" as it gets! I have absolutely no clue how they have managed to do such a thing, but what I know is that this made me realize that Infinity War is flawed, especially in this aspect, way more than I thought. Everything here works twice as good as it did in Infinity War ــــ comedy and drama. Also, this made the fast pacing don't come at the expense of the cohesiveness of the story.

The movie did make it a bit easy for itself sometimes (and we can see that in certain decisions that some character took, and a couple of things that are quite perfunctory that they could have gone deeper with), but the movie also took three thousand risks that entangled itself in what could have an endless loop of nonsensical chaos only to serve the franchise's fans, and it did as good as it gets.

(9/10)
Sam11Apr 26, 2019
As a conclusion to so many movies Avengers Endgame hits hard with the nostalgia, really good fan service, epic fight scenes, a good story which is not non-stop action and heartfelt ending. My main problem with the movie was sometimes theAs a conclusion to so many movies Avengers Endgame hits hard with the nostalgia, really good fan service, epic fight scenes, a good story which is not non-stop action and heartfelt ending. My main problem with the movie was sometimes the humor which for the most part lands but sometimes does not and can be out of place in certain situations. Some nitpicks can be said about some technical or scientifical things but this is a movie with a walking, talking, sentient tree and racoon so those are minor issues for me. This movie has minor flaws but still the good parts of this movie outweigh the bad parts by a mile. Expand
pjonssonMay 12, 2019
These kind of movies are among the few movies that I can be bothered to go to an actual theater to watch nowadays. For most movies I just wait until they come out on disk (preferably Ultra HD Blu-ray if it’s available) and watch them on myThese kind of movies are among the few movies that I can be bothered to go to an actual theater to watch nowadays. For most movies I just wait until they come out on disk (preferably Ultra HD Blu-ray if it’s available) and watch them on my home theater rig. So this weekend me and the kids went to the theater to watch Avengers: Endgame.

I have to say that it was better, even much better, than I feared. I really feared that the SJW retards at Marvel would take this opportunity to completely re-organize the Marvel universe to their liking. Like how they completely ruined both professor Xavier and Wolverine in that abysmal Logan movie. Luckily, this did not really happen. Maybe the financial reality of their failing SJW comics and Disney doing a bit of culling of the most extreme of the Marvel retards, the ones who fail to understand that super hero movies are meant to entertain and not be their personal agenda channel, are starting to take effect.

It was actually a quite good movie with plenty of action, some humor and, of course, lots and lots of special effects. Even the story made somewhat sense, at least in the context of a Marvel movie, even though the writers resorted to time travel.

The movie starts of somewhat dark and grim but I guess that was to be suspected. It cheered up as it moved along and then ending … well to me at least it was mostly satisfactory.

I was not too thrilled about the “new” Hulk although I warmed up to him a bit during the film. Thor? The less that is said about him the better actually. The rest of the merry bunch was in pretty good shape and I am quite happy that we did not get to see to much of Quill’s usual shenanigans. I really hate that character.

I was quite positively surprised at the huge and quite cool battle towards the end. I was thinking, or rather hoping, that at some time they were just going to reverse Thanos’ crap and that would be it but instead we get to watch another huge confrontation with pretty much everyone involved at the end. Very cool action and FX indeed.

There were some silly plot holes of course. As always when writers resort to time travel. An obvious one would of course be that, when they knew they only had enough Pym particles to complete one trip for each person why did they just not go back in time to get more the first thing they did? Especially since they later did exactly that. Also, Captain Marvel (in her new SJW hairdo) flies through a barrage of fire, smashes through Thanos’ ship like it was nothing and then struggles to combat Thanos himself? There were a bit of this silliness spread around but not too much for me to be bothered by it.

There were a few casualties of which I am saddened by two of them. I think at least one of them was unnecessary and probably agenda based. I also strongly disliked the rubbish with Captain America at the end. He has never been one of my favorite characters so I do not really care much about him being around or not but that rubbish sob-scene where he hands over his shield to a “politically correct” person was really unnecessary. I guess it must have been put there to appease the Marvel SJW retards.

Anyway, my bottom line is that I was greatly entertained by this movie. It had all the good stuff, real super heroes, action, special effects and not too much of the crap that has been spewing out of Marvel the last years.
Moviecritic43Apr 29, 2019
This is the best MCU film by far. I didn’t think it could get any better than infinity war. I was wrong. Endgame is incredibly emotional and amazing and is a great conclusion to the infinity saga. Endgame is also one of the best superheroThis is the best MCU film by far. I didn’t think it could get any better than infinity war. I was wrong. Endgame is incredibly emotional and amazing and is a great conclusion to the infinity saga. Endgame is also one of the best superhero films I’ve ever seen. Expand
Luke2986May 16, 2019
One of the best Marvel movies of all time really enjoyed it very much it was awesome
bazziApr 28, 2019
This is the best movie made by marvel. It was the perfect combination of different elements throughout the MCU, and is a perfect wrap up to the infinity saga.
mr_ahsMay 16, 2019
A fantastic movie without a malfunction and the peak of all 22 Marvel films
bcuzwhynotMay 1, 2019
Avengers: Endgame. Does it live up to the hype? Yes. It takes you through a emotional rollercoaster with references sprinkled throughout, bringing you back to where it all began but has a few moments which make it just short of a 10.

Captain

Captain Marvel was not needed in the movie and served as a ex machina, ruining one of the most epic scene in movie history where earth teams up to defeat thanos and destroys his spaceship in a scene that looked like a reskin of the last jedi which as we know, was not received so well. There were also some inconsistencies throughout the movie with some power scaling problems. An example is Captain America fighting past thanos and getting flung across but was able to handle his infinity gauntlet punch in infinity war? He was also able to summon mjonir because he was worthy, but if he could, why couldn't others? Thor was also seen fat but still was able to fit in his armor and time suit? I understand the material of the time suit might be flexible but armor doesn't have flexibility so we are supposed to assume he just burned fat in a day? Enough of negatives, let's get to the good parts!
Throwbacks really caused me to tear up, especially the time travel back to guardians of the galaxy and original avengers as we've known them throughout all these years and movies. Humour was executed greatly in a movie with such a serious tone but worked. Occasionally throwing in jokes helps viewers recover. It is filled with fan service rewarding old fans but not alienating new fans with a simple plot and was sad to see such characters as Captain America go, seeing how they grew but passing on the torch to newcomers to the marvel franchise and I'm looking forward to see what they do next after thanos. We also continue to see the humanity of thanos and him breaking throughout the course of the MCU. We can see that he wanted to eliminate half the universe and when earth revolts, he offers a different solution but the goal stays the same, to let life live in an utopia and achieve peace which is reasonable, and how much he was willing to sacrifice, almost dying to destroy the stones themselves instead of keeping it with him as they served no purpose, showing his humanity and that he cared for people.

Endgame also gave finality to the whole series when people started to say that they were the same movies over and over again and although I don't agree, I can see where they're coming from. Just hearing the theme and seeing the avengers team up for one last time was purely amazing and epic with a good ending. Having no end credit or mid credit scene might seem lazy or usual, I believe that that's intentional as they don't want it to be some opener for a bigger movie but an great end to a even greater series.

Marvel, I love you 3000. 9/10
IanMVSApr 28, 2019
Best Marvel movie and perhaps one of the best superhero movies of all time.
VasyaVasyaApr 29, 2019
as always Marvel pleases us with his new film, and as always the best of the year
PapeBowjdineApr 29, 2019
Perfection! My rating isn't even accurate... If I could, I would give it on a scale from 1 to 10... 3000!
BryTranManApr 30, 2019
Avengers Endgame not only ends the Infinity Saga in spectacular fashion but also ends the series in a way that makes the past 11 years of MCU movies and experiences very fulfilling.
EfazApr 30, 2019
The culmination of the last 11 years of Marvel movies has lead to this epic conclusion of the pinnacle of the infinity saga. The movie defied all odds and absolutely crushed it out of the park. Brimmed with emotions and swashbuckling fiesta.The culmination of the last 11 years of Marvel movies has lead to this epic conclusion of the pinnacle of the infinity saga. The movie defied all odds and absolutely crushed it out of the park. Brimmed with emotions and swashbuckling fiesta. Avengers: Endgame delivers. Expand
kjm47May 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this! It's now my favorite movie. Cap was worthy, then his shield broke, then a bunch of people showed up, the biggest battle ever happened, Tony died, Black Widow died, Sam's gonna become a mix of Captain America and the Falcon. To all the people who gave this a 6 or lower, u can shove ur opinions up urs. Expand
ilovemovies111May 2, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is a must see. It’s emotional, epic, satisfying, just about the perfect ending to an era of movies. It’s honestly my favourite movie now.
Al1fMay 3, 2019
Watching this movie in a theater was a once in a lifetime experience .This movie was a great way to ending a 11 years journey which was started with 2008's Iron Man. In these 3 hours while watching the movie, I cried , I laughed and I wasWatching this movie in a theater was a once in a lifetime experience .This movie was a great way to ending a 11 years journey which was started with 2008's Iron Man. In these 3 hours while watching the movie, I cried , I laughed and I was amazed. This movie is a multiple watchable in theater. The Experience of watching this film was unforgettable. Expand
BarrybobMay 7, 2019
Good movie, a thrilling 3 hours. Very emotional and had a good plot and very likable characters.
criticjoeMay 8, 2019
The best of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This last intallment of the Avengers was a hit-up and all the Characters pf the MCU made it right on. With IronMan and Captain America all done for, we will see what will come next.
Gomez_IvanMay 9, 2019
Masterpiece, in every sense of the word. Funny when it has to be, also dramatic and charming, marvel has produce gold. Love it 3000.
ethantheweiMay 11, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Avengers: Endgame" is probably one of Marvel's best movies yet. It starts out with Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Nebula stranded in space. He sends out a distress call, and Captain Marvel (Who, I admit, is too overpowered) saves them both. They soon return to Earth, where the remaining Avengers, are there. They later find out that Thanos is using the infinity stones to destroy the tones themselves. After a little talking, Thor, who is angry since half of the universe is dead because he didn't go for the head, has enough of Thanos' voice and abruptly chops off his head. 5 years later, all the Avengers are split up and depressed. Suddenly, though, Ant Man gets released from the quantum realm by accident. He gets excited and tells the Avengers that they can do time travel since the quantum realm is a dimension that can slow or speed up time. He eventually gets all the Avengers to get the Avengers to come except one. Thor. They travel to New Asgard and find that his home is invaded by a fat, drunk man, who is Thor himself. They eventually convince him to join them by saying "there's wine on the ship." Anyways, they fired up the time portal, and off they went. They all succeeded in getting all the stones back, except for Nebula's team. She get's spotted by the 2012 Thanos, Gamora, and Nebula herself from the past. Thanos finds out his future and launches an attack on the Avengers, who have all 6 infinity stones. Eventually, the Avengers snap before Thanos comes. It takes a while, but eventually, Thanos comes. Gamora has small talk with Nebula from the future, and Nebula tells everthing that has happened between 2012 through present day. She stops the Nebula from 2012, who has a desire to impress Thanos, and shoot her. Thanos brings an army of soldiers and ships, who have many more monsters inside, but then all the Avengers that have been snapped away by Thanos in INFINITY WAR come back from the Quantum Realm. They have an epic fight, and the makeshift infinity Gauntlet falls from the hand of Thanos. it becomes like a football game after Peter Parker picks it up and plays keep away. The movie comes to a climatic end when Tony Stark gets the gauntlet and snaps away thanos and his army, which kills him. Then, after Tony's funeral, Captain America puts the stones away. When comes back, he is very old, since while in the quantum realm, he met the love of his life.

Overall, this was a really good movie with a lot of juicy details and battles, using the topic of time travel, and having the same old general humor that the Marvel characters have.
SiebentjeMay 13, 2019
This movie is a masterpiece. If you watch it just after Infinity War, i'm pretty sure that were the best 342 minutes of your life. This movie... IS SO GOOD!! It ends on a way that you're satisfied and the build up to it.
Go see Endgame (first
Go see Endgame (first Infinity War of course).
SanjidMay 14, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not every highly-anticipated movie lives up to the expectations but Avengers: Endgame is one of those few that delivered almost everything that's been promised or to some extent, even more. Not only this is the perfect follow up to INFINITY WAR (2018) but a remarkably done, moving homage to a 10 year long successful franchise consisting 21 films!

While the first hour & so skillfully sets up the high-stakes, gradually reveals the remaining avengers in an utterly emotionally wounded & frustrated post Infinity War world, the film cleverly picks up the momentum right after that with lots of twists & turns backed up by little & big moments of excitements as well as tears of joy & heart-pounding loss at the end.

Kudos to the director-duo Russo brothers, the writers and everyone involved with this absolute epic conclusion of the saga that ultimately pulled off the most satisfying ending this whole story arc could have offered.

Can't figure at the moment how they or anyone will be able to top this one in coming years.
Bro2277May 16, 2019
Perfect culmination of the saga with openings for good future. The plot holes left opened seemed to be answered with future films/series
Ztheman80May 17, 2019
Phenomenal ending to a great 20 year franchise. Thor is still my absolute favorite.
Dolan64May 18, 2019
Avengers: Endgame is not the cinematic marvel that Avengers: Infinity War is. However, with the added complexities of time travel and making sure that everything is at an end, Endgame does exactly what it needs to do and is a fitting way toAvengers: Endgame is not the cinematic marvel that Avengers: Infinity War is. However, with the added complexities of time travel and making sure that everything is at an end, Endgame does exactly what it needs to do and is a fitting way to close off the MCU. Expand
paoarizaMay 20, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. excelente pelicula, de la mejor de la historia, impresionante, felicitaciones Expand
QuallosMay 23, 2019
When I saw the first Iron Man back in 2008 I was amazed by the movie, but I wouldn’t ever imagine that this movie would be the kickoff to the creation of a huge and dense universe of MCU, compelling near 20 movies that brought to me a lot ofWhen I saw the first Iron Man back in 2008 I was amazed by the movie, but I wouldn’t ever imagine that this movie would be the kickoff to the creation of a huge and dense universe of MCU, compelling near 20 movies that brought to me a lot of entertainment and fun along all those 11 years. Avengers Endgame is the final chapter that completes the infinity saga. After watching this movie I can say that all those eleven years of producing, acting and hard-work paid off , creating an amazing finale for the saga, which gathered a huge fan base because of the effort for what they were doing. The amazing direction from the Russo Brothers, along with the incredible acting from all the actors and a linear plot ,created a movie that is not only fun , but will be an example of how to produce movies. Expand
0987Apr 30, 2019
Out of all four Avengers movies, this one is the best. The only thing that I didn't like was Natasha Romanoff killing herself, as she was my favourite character of all heroes. But, on the other hand, truly excellent movie, actors did veryOut of all four Avengers movies, this one is the best. The only thing that I didn't like was Natasha Romanoff killing herself, as she was my favourite character of all heroes. But, on the other hand, truly excellent movie, actors did very good job. Definitely the best Avengers movie. Expand
eldarkoApr 26, 2019
Una saga a la que llegué gracias al afecto por el trabajo de Robert Downey Jr., pero que en esta ocasión , el amor puesto por todos quienes participan en ella deja un resultado espectacular para recordar toda la vida, en su intención esUna saga a la que llegué gracias al afecto por el trabajo de Robert Downey Jr., pero que en esta ocasión , el amor puesto por todos quienes participan en ella deja un resultado espectacular para recordar toda la vida, en su intención es perfecta, sus homenajes cinematográficos , la construcción de las historias y el desenlace ¿Fatídico?, para algunos, dejan una sensación que excede nuestras expectativas , las cuales llegan exorbitantemente altas al encuentro con esta película. Como muchos derrame mis lagrimas pero solo por una ocasión; muy agradecido por este trabajo tan bien cuidado y que apartándose de una gran inversión , se traduce en una verdadera pieza cinematográfica para atesorar siempre... Expand
Jtrapdoor1Apr 26, 2019
This is not just another Marvel film, this is a love note to all the fans and actors who have been on this journey with the MCU since it began. A touching finale that is well earned, not only for the actors/actresses but also from a narrativeThis is not just another Marvel film, this is a love note to all the fans and actors who have been on this journey with the MCU since it began. A touching finale that is well earned, not only for the actors/actresses but also from a narrative standpoint. It is long but that is because it needs to be Expand
IsaacJApr 29, 2019
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has certainly revolutionised modern cinema; back in 2008, Iron Man opened to positive reviews but few foresaw the cultural phenomenon this world was to become and the generation of adoring fans it was to muster.The Marvel Cinematic Universe has certainly revolutionised modern cinema; back in 2008, Iron Man opened to positive reviews but few foresaw the cultural phenomenon this world was to become and the generation of adoring fans it was to muster. Eleven years on and the highly anticipated climax of this particular saga of the MCU hits the screens; Avengers: Endgame. Its predecessor, Avengers: Infinity War may have ended on a rather low note for Earth’s mightiest heroes, as intergalactic despot Thanos succeeded in wiping out half the universe, but they return in full force in this ambitious and decidedly bombastic conclusion.
From the beginning, Marvel old hands The Russo Brothers paint a very new world, a greyer one wracked by Thanos’ deadly ‘Snap’. Among the surviving Avengers, there’s a strong sense of survivor’s guilt and very little sense of hope… yet it would be unlike the characters we know to not make one last attempt to save the universe.
To divulge in any more detail the plot of Avengers: Endgame would be to severely undermine its impact; this is a cinematic thrill-ride, with surprises aplenty, nodding dollops of fan service and a hefty level of emotional stakes. One thought the sheer scale of Infinity War was seismic, but the Russos outdo themselves with Endgame, crafting a climactic and grandiose, but equally satisfying conclusion to a decade of work. It’s a different beast to its predecessors in many ways, but Endgame still manages to pull off that nifty balance between humour and drama that makes Marvel work.
The film can only be described as a victory lap for Marvel, a love letter to their characters and fans. After a brilliantly unexpected prologue, the film takes a little while to find its rhythm, but once it does… it really does. Credit is due particularly to Christopher Markus’ and Stephen McFeely’s script, a quick-witted and compassionate piece of work that propels the story breezily through its three-hour run time. Despite the Avengers’ predicament, it isn’t all doom and gloom; the benefits of a smaller ensemble cast allow Endgame to have that same sense of banter from Joss Whedon’s Avengers Assemble, something that occasionally felt missed within the tidal action of the latter part of Infinity War. Within the first hour, the plot is taken on a definitive path, one that is neither untrodden (there is a memorable comic sequence where the characters wryly commentate on this) nor particularly smooth (plot inaccuracies can easily be raised). Despite this, however, it allows the film to take off on what can only be described as a golden reward for Marvel fans, an action-packed feast of a film that pays due homage to its universe. There’s also a biting edge to Endgame though in its emotional resonance, frequently heart-breaking yet never gratuitous. There are so many aspects that are so caringly rendered in Endgame; Alan Silvestri’s diverse score and the textured visual effects spring eagerly to mind.
As always in a Marvel caper, the cast is a blisteringly good ensemble effort. In Endgame, every actor is on top form, bouncing off eachother with natural ease. Josh Brolin’s scene-stealing Thanos from Infinity War is disappointingly less on show here, but this is almost made up for the excellent use of some of the previous film’s more underused players (Chris Evans’ Captain America and Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow are given meatier roles here). A special mention should also go to Robert Downey Jr in a performance that radiates power and poignancy. Avengers: Endgame does sacrifice itself occasionally in the complex myriad of stories it tells; at points, there are a few too many of these vignettes and the film can feel a tad clunky (Infinity War gave the arc to its villain to combat this). However, the paths all lead pretty much perfectly together in a third act that is indisputably awesome and packs an emotive punch.
Avengers: Endgame is a monumental piece of cinema, both in scale and significance; these stories have defined childhoods and, here, a fitting end is delivered to this part that not only feels satisfyingly conclusive but is excellently put together by the creative force behind it. Colossal and captivating, this is another sure success from the team at Marvel that looks difficult to beat.
humunguschungusApr 30, 2019
Avengers Endgame will go down in history as one of the best comic book films of all time. The film is both amazing fan service and a satisfying end to the MCU's long overarching plot.
GuillermovidalApr 26, 2019
This isn't a bad movie, but it wasn't what I expected. There were so many sponsors which were shown in the movie undiscriminately (AXE, audi and Fortnite) except for the PS4 one. There was too much humour and there was a clear social andThis isn't a bad movie, but it wasn't what I expected. There were so many sponsors which were shown in the movie undiscriminately (AXE, audi and Fortnite) except for the PS4 one. There was too much humour and there was a clear social and politic message which looked really obvious in the movie. The strongest avengers such as Hulk and Thor lose the uniqueness of their power in the movie and they are ridiculized while Captain Marvel is stupidly overpowered. The movie has too many stupid jokes and unnecessary scenes. The plot isn't very interesting and it should be more close to the comics. There are still many more mistakes to talk about but it could spoil some scenes. I'm giving it a 7 because of the special effects and the sound/music (even if it is too repetitive during the movie), also because it wasn't as disappointing as Captain Marvel. The actual score should be between 5-7.

PD: What the hell is the last scene with Captain America and the way Thor looks?
PeterFeldmanApr 29, 2019
The Avengers finale is an electric burst of energy and a special effects extravaganza that is out-of-this-world. Anthony and Joe Russo have pulled out all the stops to give fans what they want and they do it with style. This is pure magic asThe Avengers finale is an electric burst of energy and a special effects extravaganza that is out-of-this-world. Anthony and Joe Russo have pulled out all the stops to give fans what they want and they do it with style. This is pure magic as it assembles all the superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe with all their quirks and foibles and lets them loose. Great entertainment. Expand
loveyou3000Apr 30, 2019
I want to show my love by giving 3000 but Metacritic won't allow. Movie of the decade...probably century.

Avengers will live forever.
d0vla11Apr 27, 2019
Masterpiece? Not at all.

But it's definitely a satisfying conclusion. The movie has flaws, but there so many good things about it, especially the last chapter, i got goosebumps like never before :)

I definitely recommend it!
FluffyTurtleApr 27, 2019
This movie is excellent in almost ever way you can think of. The movie fells like fan service to all the long time fans and still is great for the new group of kids. Love this movie with all my heart.
AshwinYapApr 27, 2019
One of the better marvel films. It was very emotional, and although the film lacks action, it is filled with great storytelling.
NgesaApr 27, 2019
Marvel's Avengers Endgame is the perfect representation of the effort put by Marvel studios over the 10 years course. It manages to walk down the memory lane without overdoing it and its conclusion to the infinity stones saga is truly anMarvel's Avengers Endgame is the perfect representation of the effort put by Marvel studios over the 10 years course. It manages to walk down the memory lane without overdoing it and its conclusion to the infinity stones saga is truly an Epic. No amount of words can describe the masterpiece created by the Russo brothers and this is truly a worthwhile must watch. Expand
ryneApr 26, 2019
All in all, this is a good movie that hits the emotion button quite a few times, but the pacing seemed a little choppy at times and some of the attempts at humor fell flat. I definitely liked it, but Infinity War is a far superior movie.
Chale09Apr 28, 2019
Movie is e great conclusion to the VS Thanos Avengers saga,the story through the movie is both hearth-ripping and hearth-warming, the movie isn't perfect by any means of the word but it's a worth sequel to Infinity War and is on the bare topMovie is e great conclusion to the VS Thanos Avengers saga,the story through the movie is both hearth-ripping and hearth-warming, the movie isn't perfect by any means of the word but it's a worth sequel to Infinity War and is on the bare top of the MarvelStudio's movies and sure is one of the best. Expand
enrogae1Apr 28, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is quite good, with a few notable incongruous moments dealing with that "timey-wimey" stuff. I wasn't a fan of how the Captain Marvel character was used at all, but some of my fears there did not come to fruition so I can handle it. Most of the issues are minor, and it's a substantive and worthy conclusion, overall. Expand
mrushing02Apr 26, 2019
This is a tricky one to write when many people have still not seen the film, so no worries if you are reading this, there will be no spoilers. Look for the spoilers on The 602 Club podcast next Tuesday. If you listen to my podcasts or haveThis is a tricky one to write when many people have still not seen the film, so no worries if you are reading this, there will be no spoilers. Look for the spoilers on The 602 Club podcast next Tuesday. If you listen to my podcasts or have read this blog, you know I am not afraid to be critical of Marvel movies when I feel it is warranted. Case in point, I felt like Infinity War was, “… a mixed bag that has the effect of one being served a gourmet burger and then only being given a minute to eat it. There is so much happening, yet there’s so little pay off, leaving the audience unfulfilled, wanting a better movie and resolution. We all know the conclusion is coming in 2019, so now that the compulsory is over, we wait and wait and wait.” It was frustrating to feel this way, specifically since I just didn’t feel much about the movie, other than ambivalence and this left me trepidatious for Endgame.

So with that preamble, I know you are are all waiting eagerly for my thoughts on the end of the Infinity Stone Saga…. it is satisfying. That’s really what we want after this twenty-one film, eleven year investment, right? We want to be satisfied emotionally and thankfully Endgame is everything Infinity War was not in that department. The movie will capture you from start to finish. Personally I am happy with where my favorite characters are at the end and that is enough.

With the three hour run time and the contrivances to overcome Thanos, there are some issues. The movie does feel a bit long, but it also plays out better than Infinity War. Where that movie left you feeling unable to focus because there were so many characters and not a moments rest, Endgame is able to take its time. This may be it’s greatest strength, that you don’t feel rushed, you’re allowed the opportunity to care about what’s happening because you’re not being whiplashed between stories every other minute. For my book, Endgame is the poignantly satisfying conclusion to this part of the Marvel saga I wanted. It is not the perfect movie but it’s the one we deserve. Endgame is rate 4 out of 5 Cap Shields.
DobianMay 3, 2019
I won't get into too many details since this movie has been reviewed a zillion times already. It was a nice conclusion to the series, it checked off all the boxes, all the Marvel franchise characters got their moment, even though some wereI won't get into too many details since this movie has been reviewed a zillion times already. It was a nice conclusion to the series, it checked off all the boxes, all the Marvel franchise characters got their moment, even though some were featured more than others, and it had a bittersweet and poignant ending Was it great? No, for me it was just very good. There weren't any really suspenseful moments where I was thinking, oh my God, how will they get out of this one?! Everything played out very predictably, and because they had to cram so much into three hours, the story was always rushing to the next thing before you could finish digesting the last thing. Lots of great humor though, a final cameo by the late great Stan Lee, a beer belly Thor, CGI Michael Douglas from 1970, and some very touching moments, particularly with Stark and Hawkeye in scenes with their loved ones. Captain America's epilogue was also very sweet. The big battle near the end was visually spectacular, but as with many big special effects battles, just way too busy to make sense out of most of what's happening. Sensory overload. And it was over almost as soon as it started. Still, Endgame is a solid and worthwhile finish to the series, while not entirely amazing as a standalone film. Expand
MattBrady99May 14, 2019
“I know I said no more surprises, but... I was really hoping to pull off one last one.”

After the shocking cliffhanger at the end of ‘Infinity War’, the question that ran through our head’s was “hmm...what just happened?”. Heroes disintegrating out of existence before our very eyes with the last remaining soak up the reality of their failure, and the antagonist finally at peace knowing the monstrous deed is done.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ perfectly wraps up 22 movies in a grand and spectacular scale. For a movie that’s three hours long, not once did I feel the length as everything flew by (in my opinion). There's so much going on. The fact this movie even exist and payed off as well as it did, it’s nothing short of a miracle. The Russo Brothers always do a fantastic job directing action and camera work, but little do people mention how they get the best performance out of everyone and really flesh out each character, and I mean every character. I think Black Widow is best handled whenever the Russo’s are involved, in terms of making her dynamic and characterization rather than hard as nails “girl power” trope - that no other director haven’t got the hint yet. I’m also thrilled Hawkeye gets his time to shine, which helps Jeremy Renner work with material to deliver an emotional performance that was pretty hard hitting at times.

Same thing with Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-man. It’s incredibly transparent that the Russo Brothers really like this character and doesn't dumb him down to make other characters look good and isn’t just a buffoon. They understand his intelligent and used Scott’s comedic backbone to his advantage. He basically saves the world (besides the rat).

Heck, every character gets a great arc, and yes even Thor, which I don’t understand why people argue that he doesn’t. While still having a comedic charm from ‘Thor: Ragnarok’, but when the scene calls for him to be serious, then expect chaos. He really is the strongest and most tragic Avenger. The other main characters also get fantastic and satisfying arcs.

Also the acting from everyone was absolutely stellar. Robert Downey Jr. is magnificent as usual, although here it hits home. Chris Evans really grew into the role of Captain America and I can't imagine any other actor playing the part than him. Karen Gillan is often overlooked playing Nebula, as I always thought she nails every role she plays. Despite the heavy make-up, she still can express so much. What's more to say about these actors than best casting ever.

The mad titan himself makes a return, but doesn’t have much screen time than “Infinity War” and...well, let’s just say the character goes into an unexpected direction, to say the last. Still a poetic and intimidating villain that can brawl with the avengers with or without the gauntlet. Josh Brolin once again delivers an excellent performance. Thanos is this generation’s Darth Vader.

The action sequences are light years more monumental than ‘Infinity War’. If I have to be honest, I shed a tear at the one point towards the final battle. Although the movie isn’t action heavy throughout, but I was never bored during the more slow paced moments.

The score from Alan Silvestri is perhaps the best and most memorable score in the MCU. A mixture of sadness and loss with a booming blast of epic. Perfectly pays tribute to the original six heroes.

Now people have complained about the movie having too much fan service, which I personally didn’t mind and couldn’t see the faults, because then again, this entire cinematic universe belongs to them, the fans. The reason why we have 22 movies, 48 hours and 11 minutes worth of movies and this movie pulling in a monster $2 billion worldwide only in 11 days beating ‘Avatar’ that did so in 47 days! While not a stand alone movie, although considering it’s a follow up to the events of “Infinity War”, it would be tricky to do so.

For problems: The story had issues throughout and the entire time travel subplot made no sense whatsoever when given a second thought, but then again, how can you make sense of time travel.

I didn’t find Captain Marvel solo movie to be all that interesting - both the movie and her as a character, but was hoping the Russo Brothers would resolve that issue and make the character less wooden. Unfortunately even the Russo’s couldn’t save her. Luckily her screen time is incredibly slim, but they literally pulled a Poochie type of excuse when she was absent for a huge amount of the movie’s run time with a “I must go now. My planet needs me”, from ‘The Simpsons’. I must admit, when she did return, I groaned.

Overall rating: Despite the problems, ‘Endgame’ still delivers a sweeping epic that leaves the audience feeling whiplash with emotions. Happiness, sadness, joy and excitement. An experience I’ll remember forever.
Ken_HeisenbergMay 1, 2019
Yes the movie is that good. For any Marvel universe fan this is a must-see movie as it is the last one and arguably the best one. It's a pity that some of the heroes die, which means we definitely won't see them again. The ending is very beatiful.
MidAirManApr 26, 2019
This movie is pleasing to fans of the comics and the MCU. It pays homage to the 21 films that came before it with great continuity. Some heroes get a satisfying ending while others get tragic ones. In the end it seems like Marvel didThis movie is pleasing to fans of the comics and the MCU. It pays homage to the 21 films that came before it with great continuity. Some heroes get a satisfying ending while others get tragic ones. In the end it seems like Marvel did everything right while empowering the heroes who remain. The final battle scene is a sight to be seen. Just when it seems like all hope is lost the tide turns.

This movie forever changes the landscape of the MCU. Its tough to say if it will ever reach these heights again, but the work that was done to get here and this movie are unprecedented. For me it was worth the investment and the payoff was huge.
NicolasFrancoApr 26, 2019
This is my favorite movie of the year. I justgive 10 because it's how much i like him, because the quality of the movie deserves an 85. But this movieis epic, funny and one of my favorites.
JDX_AwesomeMay 6, 2019
I thought ‘Avengers: Endgame’ was a great movie, but not without its flaws. It’s deeply satisfying and very entertaining in a lot of ways. The themes of depression and loss are handled very well, and they allow the heroes to feel the mostI thought ‘Avengers: Endgame’ was a great movie, but not without its flaws. It’s deeply satisfying and very entertaining in a lot of ways. The themes of depression and loss are handled very well, and they allow the heroes to feel the most human they’ve felt in a long time.
As the conclusion to the twenty two movie and eleven year long ‘Infinity Saga’, it’s pretty much perfect. As a stand alone movie (connection to other Marvel movies aside), it’s good, not great. While there are some glaring plot holes that do ruin a few aspects of the movie, I can forgive most of them. The pros out way the cons here, but the cons are definitely there. I had such a good time watching the movie that I didn’t even notice most of the plot holes (not to say there are a lot) on my first or second viewing, they were pointed out to me in other reviews. Here’s the bottom line, it’s very enjoyable to watch, but the second you apply any kind of logic (including rules they established in this movie) to a lot of the plot points, it begins to crumble, but, it gives some characters satisfying endings and others a bright future.
I once said that after ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’, I would stop watching most Marvel movies, but after this, I think I’ll stick around for a little while.

Also, f*ck Captain Marvel, she ruined moments that otherwise would’ve been amazing.
Varhe20May 6, 2019
I was 8 years old when the first Iron Man hit the theaters so I've literally grown up with these characters. They've been there in my times of joy and of grief. Now when I'm 19 and I've finally seen the emotional conclusion it feels like I'mI was 8 years old when the first Iron Man hit the theaters so I've literally grown up with these characters. They've been there in my times of joy and of grief. Now when I'm 19 and I've finally seen the emotional conclusion it feels like I'm saying goodbye to a dear old friend of mine. This is the second movie I've seen that made me actually cry like a little baby (the first being Hacksaw Ridge) and I'm not in the least embarrassed by that.

Now I'm not going to pretend that the movie was perfect because it certainly was not. There are a ton of plot holes, horrible jokes and conveniences all throughout the movie. I still don't like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel in this movie, but I'm glad that they gave the deserved spotlight to the original Avengers and let her be the support in the final battle (although much needed support). There were also a few cringe moment's but they were not dragged out for too long so they didn't take me out of the movie that much. The pacing could also have been better but I felt as if the movie deserved to slow down after Infinity war's fast pace.

This movie is basically a huge fan service galore and for me it felt a great compliment to Infinity War. Whereas Infinity War was very action heavy, Endgame focuses a lot on dialogue and character development. And oh boy does the movie have some great emotional scenes in it. The very start of the movie is heart wrenching and by the end I was a human wreck. Robert Downey Jr's performance was excellent. He definitely stole the show, but also Scarlett Johansson's performance impressed me. Out of all the characters I identified with Johansson's Black Widow the most. She feels as if the Avengers' are her family which I feel as well.

A movie like this is definitely hard to review since it feels more like a friend than an actual movie. A movie with flaws, yes, but with so much emotion behind it and it's characters. A must see for fans of Marvel. Thank you Stan Lee for these amazing creative characters, this would never have happened without you.
YesterMay 2, 2019
It's a good send off for the original Avengers' cast. There was no way to live up to the standard of Infinity War, but they did a great job nonetheless. The world building and the plot are good. Some plot elements might come in and bite themIt's a good send off for the original Avengers' cast. There was no way to live up to the standard of Infinity War, but they did a great job nonetheless. The world building and the plot are good. Some plot elements might come in and bite them in the bottom in future movies, but for now, it's alright. Thanos is not nearly as well written as he was, which is disappointing. Overall it's a very good movie. Expand
thatdannerMay 12, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thought this movie was good but a little bit more boring than its predecessor. Some of the ideas were a little wonky and convoluted. The acting was good though, especially from Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr. The movie made me cry quite a bit as it was truly the end of an era. Iron Man’s death was brutal, and Tom Holland’s acting during that point made me actually cry. The action and comedy were as good as any Marvel movie. It was a fine ending to a 21 movie long era and the result, while not perfect, checked most of the boxes and was satisfying. Expand
crazyboyybsApr 27, 2019
I just couldn't stop crying in the end, it was everything that I was expecting and more, thank you so much Marvel for the perfect finale, and thank you so much for giving Scarlet Witch the powers and the perfect scene she deserved.