Netflix | Release Date (Streaming): June 9, 2021
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 29 Ratings
Watch Now
Watch Now
bfoore90Jun 29, 2021
A clear attempt to cash in on the success of The Quiet Place, Awake is poorly thought out and shallow making it somehow worse than Bird Box.
nkukJun 11, 2021
I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to based on the negative reviews.

I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to based on the negative reviews.

The film has quite an original premise and is well executed. It is a lower budget movie but is well acted, shot and directed. I thought it was well paced and kept me interested and watching from start to the end. The young actors were great and the lead actor carried the movie well. I thought it had a satisfying ending and would recommend it. It is a standard Netflix production, so dont expect over the top Hollywood CGI and effects.

A good story, well told.
QuesocitoJun 11, 2021
Pile of absolute garbage. Can't believe some cretin decided to fund this rubbish. Literally retarded story. Terrible acting. And the final kick in the nuts, casting by someone so racist they can't see the children don't even remotely matchPile of absolute garbage. Can't believe some cretin decided to fund this rubbish. Literally retarded story. Terrible acting. And the final kick in the nuts, casting by someone so racist they can't see the children don't even remotely match the mother. Expand
paulovicJun 12, 2021
Impossible to keep awake watching to this movie: plot holes, shallow explanations on top of a good, but not explained, premise.
Whitey65Jun 25, 2021
Terrible just terrible….. don’t bother!!! Netflix seriously need to have some sort of quality control to stop funding this sort of content
AhlgrenJun 11, 2021
Awake,,,, yeah i tried to stay awake.
Didn't expect that much but dame that suckt.
TerviczJun 11, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Trope after trope after trope. It was so by the numbers, you can watch the filmmakers tick them off. Which meant no horror, no scares, and no tension.
The cuts just ruin it, I think they were meant indicate the passage of time. However each cut is either has a different amount of time or just a way of not having to show how the protagonists escape a situation (which it should have). Do not waste your time skip it.
Tony1984Jun 12, 2021
Very very weak, poorly thought out script. Not well acted either. Some near A-listers from the 20th century such as Barry Pepper and Ally McBeal’s love interest turn up. A point for them, Zero for the rest of this drivel. There is minorVery very weak, poorly thought out script. Not well acted either. Some near A-listers from the 20th century such as Barry Pepper and Ally McBeal’s love interest turn up. A point for them, Zero for the rest of this drivel. There is minor wokeism but who cares. Expand
MetacriticOnurJun 10, 2021
bad
[ bad ]

adjective, worse, worst;(Slang) bad·der, bad·dest for 36.
not good in any manner or degree.
rrafemiJun 12, 2021
Tan poco es tan mala. no tiene un ritmo lento y algunos momentos están bastante bien. Entretiene sin mas pretensiones. No creo que la rodasen esperando ganar ningún premio.
JLuis_001Jun 12, 2021
Netflix adds another massively disappointing film about a cataclysm to its vast catalog of similar films.
FelpsGPJun 12, 2021
Awake has a great premise and I got really invested in the story. The only problem is that I wanted more explanations and a sense of closure, which I didn't get.

It's not that thrilling, but the movie has character, it's unique and bold, and

It's not that thrilling, but the movie has character, it's unique and bold, and that's why I liked it. It's about a journey from point A to point B and how the characters handle the obstacles on the way while their minds deteriorates due to a mysterious global insomnia.

Rodriguez delivered great acting. The rest of the cast is alright. Clever shots and the colors match the tone of the movie. Overall, it was a good experience and I would watch again sometime.
TakataRDJun 14, 2021
Great premise. It was simply too slow, and too long. Had it been shorter it'd be a better watch.
theace01Jul 26, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie was bad but the ending is the worst thing plot point a movie has ever come up with. Is your brain not working simply turn it off and back on again works brand new like some kind of computer glitch Expand