Columbia Pictures | Release Date: November 15, 2019
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 363 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
Zainab_AlamApr 13, 2020
Great movie very well made funny and entertaining. Cast does an amazing job at playing the roles and there is a lot of action though you don’t see much gore. Overall a great movie
MoreckTheCatMar 14, 2020
This movie was excellent! People giving this 0 reviews are just sad straight men with fragile egos. Also, the “professional” review complaining about how all the angels are fit is idiotic. You HAVE to be in good shape to do the things they do.
Rcavey92212May 3, 2020
I don't get why so many people dislike this reboot on the material. Sure it's not as good as the McG films but it's something new all it's own while still paying dues to the original series and previous films. According to this they all takeI don't get why so many people dislike this reboot on the material. Sure it's not as good as the McG films but it's something new all it's own while still paying dues to the original series and previous films. According to this they all take place in the same universe which makes it a sequel. Centering around a scientist who develops a device capable of very bad things. Two new Angels played by an amazingly charismatic Kristen Stewart and impressive newcomer Ella Ballinska and joined by scientist/ new recruit Naomi Scott. Sure the film feels a bit hammy at times and the pacing is a bit off. But it's ultimate message of woman and sisterhood in all forms, shapes and sizes around us is powerful and sadly should have been embraced more. Us the movie is overly entertaining with fun more reality based action sequences and a lot of clever jokes that hit splendidly. Plus Stewart definitely steals the show in a career changing performance.

3.5/5
Lucas565Nov 10, 2020
Eu particularmente gostei bastante do filme ele é realmente muito bom mesmo
AbarticulationsAug 1, 2020
I liked it very much. I love that movie. Very good performances (Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska). They're very pretty and funny. They are very good fighters. Kristen Stewart is very beautiful. Don't worry, Elizabeth Banks, II liked it very much. I love that movie. Very good performances (Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska). They're very pretty and funny. They are very good fighters. Kristen Stewart is very beautiful. Don't worry, Elizabeth Banks, I really liked your movie, I support you.I will tell you something film critics : Never underestimate women because sometimes women are stronger than men. Women also have the right to do anything for example: play, have fun, to learn to fight martial arts, etc. It is a very wonderful movie. I love you Kristen Stewart, take care. Thank you and congratulations angels. You are my heroes. Expand
JlgemmaFeb 12, 2020
I don’t know why so many people disliked this movie. I thought it was really fun to watch. I’m partial to any movie where women kick ass though. Loved the chemistry of the characters and the new imaging of the angels as a global organization.I don’t know why so many people disliked this movie. I thought it was really fun to watch. I’m partial to any movie where women kick ass though. Loved the chemistry of the characters and the new imaging of the angels as a global organization. I especially loved Kristin Stewart‘a character. It was so nice to see her in a role that wasn’t so angsty (is that a word?). Loved the soundtrack too. Expand
UrielalvDec 21, 2019
I loved this movie and the soundtrack is so beautiful in my own opinion Don’t call me angel was the best song ever in a movie period
emilyaw12Dec 14, 2019
Absolutely loved this movie! Funny, charming and exciting, kept me and my friends thoroughly entertained :)
GlauciaNov 16, 2019
So much fun! You can feel the main trio clicking. Unlike the previous movie versions,, Charlie's Angel is far beyond an comedy movie, but a real action movie, with exciting fight coreography. Of course there's a boycott against It by the maleSo much fun! You can feel the main trio clicking. Unlike the previous movie versions,, Charlie's Angel is far beyond an comedy movie, but a real action movie, with exciting fight coreography. Of course there's a boycott against It by the male public. Anyway, the girls are stronger and more united than ver. Expand
Bigchris29Nov 15, 2019
okay so lets start by saying i heard all the bad reviews before mo y trip to the movies but i must admit that i gotta say that i was very impressed with it there was a ton of action and adventure and moves very fast the ladies are beautifulokay so lets start by saying i heard all the bad reviews before mo y trip to the movies but i must admit that i gotta say that i was very impressed with it there was a ton of action and adventure and moves very fast the ladies are beautiful one of the best action seqals of this year if you wanna take a date or just female family this is the movie to see Expand
Josue656Dec 21, 2019
¡Tan poderoso! Tan entretenido! ¡Muy divertido! Me encantó la dinámica entre las mujeres. ¡La química entre los protagonistas también fue fantástica! Absoluto debe ver de nuevo.
BrookedyNov 19, 2019
Charlie’s Angels was a great movie! Kristen Stewart nailed the role! This is one worth buying.
thihanlinNov 16, 2019
I like this movie......................
raqueNov 16, 2019
perfect amazing brilliant beautiful powerful nice cool yes thank you banks kristen naomi that other girl she amazing don’t know her name
GregorisNov 15, 2019
Eu amei, filme muito girls Power perfeito, tem ação, trilha sonora produzida pela Ariana, juntando fica tudo melhor ainda
HealingToolboxDec 30, 2019
Since first Disney Star Wars at least, we need a movie category for AAA production value efforts with little to nothing to say abut life, men, women, or anything. On the good side, compared to CBS Star Trek Discovery, season 1 and 2, foundSince first Disney Star Wars at least, we need a movie category for AAA production value efforts with little to nothing to say abut life, men, women, or anything. On the good side, compared to CBS Star Trek Discovery, season 1 and 2, found at my library, where characters and action rarely meet at all, this is a bouquet of character-driven action. Banks and the writers really make an effort to connect character and actions. Film starts with a lovely collage of pre-teen girl power images, then transitions into post-puberty woman power images for the remainder. Films like this often have weak third acts. This third act is better than most of this category of movie. The directing of car action is way above average. For hand-to-hand fights, we've all been spoiled by Yu Jin Ping (Matrix et al) and David Leitsch. The script also has many fine, masterly show-not-tell moments new to me, not cribbed from elsewhere, as far as my memory goes. FYI the Variety.com review covers many aspects I agree with. On the "what happened?" and poor box office side, I think we have a combination of:
- wrong release date--it's a spring movie,
- woman power is explored too shallowly
- the double cross plot substitutes for a missing substantial character arc (very common).

I think only a third act with more of a serious Jason Bourne angle could have saved this script and this movie.
lizbarbosaNov 15, 2019
This movie is perfect, is everything we need. Is the best version of the Angels.
adilsonmellofNov 16, 2019
This is so perfect, i loved this movie, the soundtrack too, loved loved loved
beetsbearsNov 17, 2019
The movie is a must see for action nerds. The people giving bad reviews are triggered by the trend of action movies geared toward women. Production companies are starting to realize that women like action movies too, and you can make twice asThe movie is a must see for action nerds. The people giving bad reviews are triggered by the trend of action movies geared toward women. Production companies are starting to realize that women like action movies too, and you can make twice as much money marketing to twice as many people. The acting, the screenplay, and the cinematography were top notch. Don’t miss it! Expand
Davrosdaleks1Nov 16, 2019
This is not a perfect movies. It has its flaws. Still, I enjoyed myself. I found this to be a guilty pleasure. I mean, isn't "lightweight" or "guilty pleasure" what one should expect from a Charlie's Angels installment?

Let me get the

Let me get the script's problems out of the way. The story has its muddled plot points. There isn't a lot of regard for real world logic. Plus, there is one strange, dark element that leaves a bit of a metaphorical bitter aftertaste.

On the whole, I had a good time. Admittedly, it was in a brainless way. I felt there was a fair amount of funny lines and generally liked the combination of fight scenes and stylish locales. I also liked the decision that the Townsend Agency has been expanded into this larger multinational operation.

The three leads were good. Kristen Stewart was the MVP as the weird one who you can't predict what she'll say or do next. Naomi Scott also does a great job as the innocent newbie trying to stay afloat in the world of espionage she has found herself in. Ella Balinska is more of the straight woman and doesn't get as much a chance to shine, but she does a decent job when she gets to demonstrate her comedic chops.

What helps the film is that it has a surprisingly strong group of villains, most of them of which are also pretty funny.

As for the film's appearance: The movie has a pretty good selection of nice looking sets and locales. There were a couple ideas during fight scenes I thought were done well. The filming has some issues, particularly in the first half. There are way too many close-up shots. Also, there were a couple of times that the camera tried to balance the background and the foreground, which resulted in this brief but odd feel that's hard to put into words. It's sort of an uncanny valley-esque situation.

Overall, I kind of compare this to the first two films in that it doesn't matter that much what the film is about and just sitting back and enjoy the ride.
RichardsousaNov 15, 2019
Don't call me Angel Miley verse is so strong, make me feel like a lion into a big hiy
MarkHReviewsNov 17, 2019
Given Hollywood’s well-documented risk-aversion, I suppose we’re stuck with sequels, prequels, film franchises and comic book characters for the foreseeable future. Some of these series are tired, pretentious hot messes (I’m looking at you,Given Hollywood’s well-documented risk-aversion, I suppose we’re stuck with sequels, prequels, film franchises and comic book characters for the foreseeable future. Some of these series are tired, pretentious hot messes (I’m looking at you, Ahh-nold). Fortunately, there also are sometimes re-energized reboots like “Charlie’s Angels.”'

For those who don’t know the history, this franchise started out as a TV series (1976-1981) best known for bringing Farrah Fawcett to prominence and helping to usher in “jiggle TV” – objectification, anyone? This was followed by two films (2000, 2003) starring Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz, a big improvement over the TV series but still allowing for a lot of leering. One female critic described the first movie as “the most comprehensive catalog of male erotic fantasies in one single film.” For this series, the primary philosophical underpinning has been that hot girls have all the fun.

Two key factors distinguish this installment: the deft hand of Writer/Director Elizabeth Banks and a score that features Ariana Grande (five songs), Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Chaka Khan and others who contribute significantly to the hot, hip tone of the film. By bringing a female sensibility, Banks avoids the pitfalls of the previous shows. Although the Angels do have a few outrageous costume changes, under the direction of Banks, the camera doesn’t linger too long. While one might quibble with the “girl power” exposition early on, this is mostly a self-confident film that focuses on having fun. Overall, this version doesn’t falter by taking itself too seriously; and it also doesn’t devolve into campy fluff unworthy of the viewer’s attention. Oh, yeah, there’s a plot. The Angels are involved in tracking down Calisto, a futuristic energy system that can be weaponized to kill people if it falls into the wrong hands. Sabina (Kristen Stewart), Jane (Elle Balinska) and new recruit Elena (Naomi Scott) are the primary Angels on the case. As actors and characters, all three appear to be having great fun. Along the way, they tangle physically and mentally with a bunch of bad guys, bringing male superiority happily into question. The action is fantastic, literally and figuratively. We also discover that there are Bosleys all over the world (including one former NLF player) and that the sonorous voice of John Forsythe as the always-unseen Charlie may in fact be a woman using a voice synthesizer. This is not your grandfather’s Charlie’s Angels.

By the way, stay in your seat for the closing credits, which feature cameos of female athletes and actresses hanging out just for the fun of it.

Bottom line, this “Charlie’s Angels” seems quite comfortable in its own well-moisturized skin.
Taylor_arnoldNov 18, 2019
I thought this female lead movie was fantastic. It had action and comedy all over the place. The reviews I have seen on this are obviously biased. I can’t wait to buy this movie.
Urijah12Nov 17, 2019
So empowering! So entertaining! So funny! I loved the dynamics between the women. The chemistry between the leads was fantastic too! Absolute must see again.
AgentZNov 16, 2019
Great movie! Way better than that overrated Terminator: Dark Fate! The cast is wonderful. The acting is great. The directing is good. The writing is decent. The main cast’s chemistry is amazing. This film is fun, funny, entertaining,Great movie! Way better than that overrated Terminator: Dark Fate! The cast is wonderful. The acting is great. The directing is good. The writing is decent. The main cast’s chemistry is amazing. This film is fun, funny, entertaining, charming, and action-packed. Elizabeth Banks did such a good job directing this film. Not only is she is a good actress, but she is a decent and underrated director. The three main titular characters are hot, beautiful, funny, witty, charismatic, and badass. Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska were awesome, but Kristen Stewart was a huge standout in this film and she was the best part of the whole movie. She steals the spotlight! This film pays really good homage to the original TV show despite only being a loose adaptation of the show. This is without a doubt the best Charlie’s Angels movie. I seriously don’t get why so many people are hating on this movie and prejudging it! The Charlie’s Angels movies were all loosely based off of a late 1970s TV show about three badass women who are private eyes working for a mysterious man named Charlie (whose face is always offscreen at all times and only communicates to the three women through a speaker without ever showing himself to them) and always solving cases, fighting big crime, and kicking ass together. The main titular characters were ALWAYS WOMEN! So I don’t see why morons are hating on this film so much, stupidly giving it low ratings, and annoyingly downvoting every high user rating and every positive user review. The whole entire Charlie’s Angels concept was ALWAYS feminine and about feminism. But it’s not that trashy, toxic third wave feminism like Because I Said So, Ghostbusters (2016), Star Trek: Discovery, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Ocean’s 8, Doctor Who (the seasons where Jodie Whitaker takes over as the new titular human-looking alien doctor), Captain Marvel, Batwoman, Terminator: Dark Fate, and (soon) Thor: Love and Thunder. Charlie’s Angels (2019) is first wave feminism like Wonder Woman (1975-1979), Charlie’s Angels (1976-1981), Xena: Warrior Princess, Charmed (the original), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charlie’s Angels (2000), Alias, Wonder Woman (2017), Atomic Blonde, Tomb Raider, Alita: Battle Angel, and (soon) Wonder Woman 1984. First wave feminism isn’t bad. Third wave feminism is bad. So you haters of this film are either idiots or misogynistic pricks. You people who hate this film are probably the same idiots who like truly stupid movies like Gemini Man, Armageddon, Bad Boys, Bad Boys II, Pearl Harbor, the Underworld movies, the Resident Evil movies, the Transformers sequels, The Revenant, The Hate U Give, The Equalizer 2, Angel Has Fallen, Jumper, Takers, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor: Ragnarok, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: Apocalypse, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: Salvation, Terminator: Genisys, A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, and Seven Pounds. Expand
rulethegiawNov 17, 2019
amei, simplesmente amei, sucesso total...e quem nao gostou bota o dedo no cu e cheira galera!!!!!!!!!!!
greedybadideaJun 14, 2020
A team of Angels, led by senior operative John Bosley, capture international embezzler Jonny Smith in Rio de Janeiro and turn him over to American authorities. A year later, the European division of the Townsend Agency is informed that ElenaA team of Angels, led by senior operative John Bosley, capture international embezzler Jonny Smith in Rio de Janeiro and turn him over to American authorities. A year later, the European division of the Townsend Agency is informed that Elena Houghlin, an engineer and programmer employed by entrepreneur Alexander Brok, wants to expose her superiors. She knows that Brok's head of development, Peter Fleming, is covering up a discovery about how an energy conservation device that she helped invent, Calisto, has the potential to trigger fatal seizures when used. She meets with operative Edgar "Bosley" in Hamburg to turn over her findings, but an assassin named Hodak ambushes the meeting and subsequently kills Edgar, leaving Elena to drown. Edgar's protégé, Jane Kano, rescues her and brings her to operative Rebekah "Bosley" with the help of her partner, Sabina Wilson. Meanwhile, John, who has since retired from the agency, discovers that Rebekah has tagged him with the agency's specialized subdermal implant without his knowledge.

Rebekah tasks Sabina and Jane, joined by Elena, with breaking into Brok's corporate headquarters to steal the remaining Calisto prototypes before they can be duplicated. Elena finds one of the devices but is forced to use it to escape, killing a security guard in the process, while the other prototypes are already gone, and Fleming is identified as the thief. Rebekah tracks him to Istanbul, where Jane utilizes one of her old intelligence contacts, Fatima, to locate Fleming. They track him to a remote rock quarry, where the supposedly-imprisoned Smith is revealed to be Fleming's intermediary for selling Calisto. Hodak is also present and kills Fleming before the Angels break up the sale. Rebekah suddenly disappears, allowing Smith and Hodak to escape with the prototypes.

Returning to their safehouse, Sabina shares her growing belief that Rebekah is secretly working against the agency and has been manipulating them to steal Calisto for her own benefit. While the three ponder Sabina's suspicion, the safehouse is bombed. Rebekah shows up only to be shot by John, who has come to rescue Elena. Sabina and Jane manage to survive and seek medical help from Fatima. Rebekah reappears and explains that John is the real traitor and that he has spent the last few decades secretly building his own network within the agency after he was passed over to succeed the late Charlie Townsend.

John takes Elena to a party hosted by Brok in Chamonix, who reveals himself as the mastermind behind the attempt to assassinate Elena and, unbeknownst to him, John's plan to weaponize Calisto. Using Elena's colleague Langston as a hostage, John forces her to program a Calisto device to kill both Langston and herself before leaving. The Angels, having deduced his plan due to the information provided by Smith, who is later revealed to have defected to their side, show up and rescue Elena and Langston, Elena having already disabled the Calisto device. Jane exacts revenge by impaling Hodak on a spike, while Rebekah catches up with John and his men. Outnumbered, she has other Angels posing as guests subdue the men, after which Sabina knocks out John with a punch. Brok is arrested for conspiracy, and Jane and Langston start a relationship. Elena is recruited as an Angel by the Townsend Agency after passing a series of rigorous training exercises.
Dostoyevsky3Aug 29, 2020
Eliminating much of the male gaze elevates Charlies Angels with a fine cast that bring fresh fun which might or might not make up for its mired modern gimmicks that take away some of the heart of the franchise.
Boris2776Aug 9, 2020
Je ne comprends pas la note globale. J’ai trouvé ce film très bon. Il ne mérite certes pas un 10 mais je le mets afin de rééquilibrer les choses
camuflajeMay 8, 2021
One of the best movies i've ever seen, i loved it, it's so good. This movie is so hated because at the end the angels won against a group of men but giving a bad score because of it, it's so childish to be honest. The plot is entertaining andOne of the best movies i've ever seen, i loved it, it's so good. This movie is so hated because at the end the angels won against a group of men but giving a bad score because of it, it's so childish to be honest. The plot is entertaining and the acting is good too. Expand
ProudlyPresentMar 7, 2022
So empowering. Kristen Stewart was phenomenal and hilarious in this movie. Give it a chance, you’ll be loved it