United Artists | Release Date: November 9, 1988
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 102 Ratings
Watch Now
meydianarizki21Oct 23, 2020
This film is good with no adult scenes, so people of all ages can enjoy this film. But However, there are some things that are not suitable for children to watch because there are so many scenes that make children traumatized, especiallyThis film is good with no adult scenes, so people of all ages can enjoy this film. But However, there are some things that are not suitable for children to watch because there are so many scenes that make children traumatized, especially violence, and scenes of murder. Well here, I am afraid and quite worried that the children will imitate scenes like that. I admit that as an adult, this film is tense and scary. Expand
Citizen920Sep 10, 2020
Classic horror movie worth appreciating, perfect for a Sunday afternoon. Great movie.
DaliQualitiSep 6, 2020
One of the most iconic horror characters of all time. Charles Lee Ray has my heart. Watch it!
GreyhoundesSep 6, 2020
My favorite Karen
kylefeelsnumbAug 28, 2020
A movie that traumatised me as a kid. The start of an amazing movie franchise that everyone can find at least one movie that they can enjoy. Very fun, frightening and doesn't bore you even one second. It's even funny time to time. An amazing classic.
IAmaMovieGeekMay 30, 2020
This was my very first horror movie and I liked it. Chucky is a humorous villain. Classic that all horror fans should see. 8/10
Anubys-98Apr 19, 2020
It's not ok! Chucky made me laugh a lot .but it's a good movie, why not? For 1988..
RyanElliottOct 27, 2019
my favorite horror franchise, this is one of the best movies in the franchise, but i love the second better, i still love this one, just not as much as the sequel. 9.5/10
GrantD243Oct 7, 2019
Child's Play is an entertaining B-movie. That's really all there is to say about it. Is it better than the original? Hell no. Is it a great slasher film? Not really, but I had an alcoholic beverage while watching it and had a great time.
JPKJul 2, 2019
A Horror Classic
Chunky still terrifies me to this day, And that means this movie has stood the test of time despite a few minor issues.
imthenoobMar 24, 2019
I've re-watched the film a few times and have yet to grow tired of it. Yeah, Chucky may not be the foul-mouthed doll we know and love just yet but just on originality alone, Child's Play remains a top-notch slasher film that horror fans love.
DirigiblePulpJan 11, 2019
Everyone loves when the is or isn't he alive aspect of the movie is played out through the beginning of the movie. That thing always works for these kinds of movies and Holland is quite good at it. It's more than just a way of teasing theEveryone loves when the is or isn't he alive aspect of the movie is played out through the beginning of the movie. That thing always works for these kinds of movies and Holland is quite good at it. It's more than just a way of teasing the audience, it's a prolonged sense of foreplay because we know it's going to happen eventually, goddamn it. And it lasts just long enough to suggest it's all in the boy's imagination.

The second half is good enough. There's a sense of motion without cause to it, a couple of set pieces spontaneously set up to get to the quick hitting ending. It's too bad it doesn't have a little more fun along the way. There's a tonal break in this that's almost kind of brilliant, and very similar to Fright Night. It's all played straight until the reveal actually happens -- then it becomes preposterous and ridiculous. It's that ironic mixing of tone and plot happenstance that gives this move it's unique edge. And Brad Dourif is a big part of that.
Compi24Oct 15, 2018
This classic slasher is more than just your average killfest. In fact, the first half is -- bar none -- one of the finest exercises in dramatic irony I've seen in a movie like this. You're given such a ridiculous premise, yet there isn't aThis classic slasher is more than just your average killfest. In fact, the first half is -- bar none -- one of the finest exercises in dramatic irony I've seen in a movie like this. You're given such a ridiculous premise, yet there isn't a single part of you that's removed from it all. It's a tense, psychologically engrossing study of manipulation, evil, and vengeance. I had a fantastic time with "Child's Play." And, though it's not necessarily my favorite horror movie, I definitely get where and why the eventual franchise came about. Expand
noahstewart331Oct 5, 2018
I did watched "Child's Play" as a kid, which I'm not old enough, and as an adult, I didn't like it vey much. I found this movie silly and creepy when Chucky comes to live and starts killing people. And that was disappointing when Andy was inI did watched "Child's Play" as a kid, which I'm not old enough, and as an adult, I didn't like it vey much. I found this movie silly and creepy when Chucky comes to live and starts killing people. And that was disappointing when Andy was in terrorized situation and being put to the mental hospital. So "Child's Play" is not one of my childhood for years. I thought that was scary and I didn't give recommendation for that. Sorry. Expand