RKO Radio Pictures | Release Date: October 31, 1941
Generally favorable reviews based on 111 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
timoneApr 30, 2019
After the disppointing failure of Fantasia, Dumbo hit the big screen. When I was kid I love it, as an adult I still love it. The opening tune sounds catchy, the songs wooing their way on everybody's heads, the animation just like the othersAfter the disppointing failure of Fantasia, Dumbo hit the big screen. When I was kid I love it, as an adult I still love it. The opening tune sounds catchy, the songs wooing their way on everybody's heads, the animation just like the others is well drawn and my favorite character is got to be the crows. Well yeah, I know people think they're racist but there only in the movie for about 10 minutes but they're still funny and also I like the clowns as well. There's a scene where Dumbo's mother goes crazy because the kids are mocking her son Dumbo so The Ringmaster has to tie her down and lock her in the cage which is a classic scene. And also the pink elephants scene is so crazy and so dreamy for some reason, it is only when people are drinking too much alcohol. And the end scene is just absolutely phenomenal if I do say so myself. Expand
BrunoVn00Jun 9, 2019
Dumbo is an animated masterpiece. It's only 64 minutes long and it never feels too short, surprisingly. The animation is fantastic, I particularly like the pink elephants scene where the animation gets really mindblowing and surrealist makingDumbo is an animated masterpiece. It's only 64 minutes long and it never feels too short, surprisingly. The animation is fantastic, I particularly like the pink elephants scene where the animation gets really mindblowing and surrealist making it to this date, one of the most unique animated sequences in any Disney movie and maybe in any animated movie ever.

The story is one of the best and most touching and heartwarming in any Disney movie and even in any animated movie ever, sure, this isn't an original screenplay, but still manages to be absolutely fantastic, you'll cry, you'll laugh, you'll be amazed by the animation, this movie has everything to be a near-perfect animated movie.

Not my favorite Disney movie ever, but it has my favorite Disney song ever: Baby Mine. Why is it my favorite? Simply because there's nothing better than the love of a mother, seriously, I can't listen to this song without crying, the lyrics and the bittersweet tone make the scene where it is played one of the best scenes in animation history, at least for me.

This is seriously a work of art and is one of the few animated movies that get near perfection. Every movie ever has a "but", some minor, some major, in this case the only thing that keeps this from being the perfect animated movie, is the weak character development, besides Dumbo, pretty much every other character feels more of a plot device, but that's the only issue I see from this.
PanchogulJan 15, 2019
Hijo del corazón, deja ya de llorar, junto a ti yo voy a estar y nunca mas te han de hacer mal.
kpmeadeDec 21, 2018
i know this saved the company from chapter 9 bankruptcy but its too confusing and too weird dont get me started on the pink elephants but it dose have its golden moments like baby mine and dumbo saving a clown from a fire pretty meh
YunusKatMar 25, 2019
A timeless classic with a lot of social problems hidden between the subcontext of the movie. If you look close enough you'll see it.
TyranianOct 8, 2019
A decent Disney film with some touching moments though overall pretty meagre.
AndremaxFeb 21, 2020
Dumbo is one of the cutiest protagonist ever. Even nowadays, each lesson film passes is relevant.
JPKDec 9, 2019
Very Sad
Though it has a happy end, That first half REALLY pulls your emotions.
FilipeNetoFeb 13, 2022
Personally, and despite recognizing its legion of admirers and fans, this is one of the classic Disney films that I least appreciate. I don't really know why. As a child, I could have seen it if I wanted to, but it never attracted me, nor didPersonally, and despite recognizing its legion of admirers and fans, this is one of the classic Disney films that I least appreciate. I don't really know why. As a child, I could have seen it if I wanted to, but it never attracted me, nor did it charm me when I saw it as an adult. Maybe because it's set in a circus (I hate the circus, I always have). However, I recognize that it is a quality work, even if it is not as exquisite and detailed as other films from the same period. After some reading, I discovered that the film was released at a time when the studio needed to make a financial hit, following the box office failures of “Pinocchio” and “Fantasia”. That's why the film is less beautiful, it has simpler and cheaper animations. And interestingly, it was a great success, although I feel that, at the moment, it is a little forgotten.

The story of the film is very simple. So simple that it almost can't handle a feature film! It all starts with the birth of a baby elephant, which is brought by a stork to a visibly emotional mother elephant. Everything looks perfect, but the little baby sneezes and his ears immediately take on an immensely large size, turning the baby into a strange creature that everyone makes fun of. Things get even worse when his mother is arrested and separated from him for trying to defend him. Sad, lonely and friendless, transformed into the clown of the circus, he will have to trust a little mouse to figure out how to turn around and win his place and everyone's respect.

The movie is a lot shorter than most Disney movies, and that's a good thing, because, as you can see, it doesn't have a script solid enough to last much longer. The film drags on and makes several musical breaks in order to last at least an hour, and there are a number of songs that seem like real parenthesis, or intervals, in the story told. This happens with the tender song “Baby Mine”, in which Dumbo is affectionately snuggled by his imprisoned mother, and with the dreamlike scene of the pink elephants, which provides us with a psychedelic and frenetic visual that only reappears in the film art many decades later. Between pauses and advances, the story works satisfactorily and gives rise to a good soundtrack full of quality songs.

As I've already mentioned, the visual quality of the animations in this film is far from the best ever made by Walt Disney Studios. I appreciated the softness of the colors and the light, but the line is quite blurred and faint, and we don't have drawings as detailed and rich as we have seen in previous and later films. Although the title character is mute, communicating his emotions and thoughts through non-verbal language, the film has a good cast of voices including Sterling Holloway, Edward Brophy, Verna Felton, Cliff Edward, Herman Bing, Dorothy Scott and Sarah. Selby, among others.
sebastianaliJun 26, 2019
La única película que le he dado un 10. Esta es mi favorita personal. La historia que ya es de por si emotiva, es muy triste. Algunos de los personajes, en especial Dumbo son de los mas carismáticos que he visto en una película animada.La única película que le he dado un 10. Esta es mi favorita personal. La historia que ya es de por si emotiva, es muy triste. Algunos de los personajes, en especial Dumbo son de los mas carismáticos que he visto en una película animada. Gráficamente esta muy adelantada para la epoca, incluso a dia de hoy se sigue viendo muy bien, y la música considero que es de las mejores que hizo Disney. Como todas las cosas, no es perfecta, creo que cerca del final, empieza a decaer ligeramente por que es mucho mas predecible, en especial la escena en la que el ratón intenta convencer a las aves para que no se burlen de Dumbo, podrían habérselo ahorrado. Pero quitando eso, estamos ante una película muy audiovisual, atractica narrativamente y gráficamente y con una música que pega a la perfección. Objetivamente una de las mejores peliculas de Disney, y la mejor en mi opinion. Expand
prosto_ILYAFeb 1, 2020
Невероятноя, сказочная, детская сказка. Сюжет заставляет переживать и сочувствовать героям. Скучать точно не придётся. Рекомендую всем посмотреть этот фильм и может потом посмотреть ремейк 2019 года.Невероятноя, сказочная, детская сказка. Сюжет заставляет переживать и сочувствовать героям. Скучать точно не придётся. Рекомендую всем посмотреть этот фильм и может потом посмотреть ремейк 2019 года.
MiguelAngel78Mar 7, 2020
Impresionante. Siempre un clasico de clasicos. No hay forma de describir todas las emociones que senti de niño al ver esta pelicula
sdumersOct 10, 2020
Dumbo is a holy gem that forever reminds us of a mother’s love for her child!!!