Columbia Pictures | Release Date: December 20, 2000
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 89 Ratings
Watch Now
CaroleE.Apr 4, 2007
I've seen a zillion movies. This is one of my all time favorites. If 2 of your biggest interests are literature and education, and you're a nice person, you should love this movie. An extremely well-done production.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
charlee1985Apr 21, 2011
This is an amazing film! and coming from me its a big thing. I'm not a big fan of Dramas but this film was really touching! Everyone should watch it and it deserves a big 10
SteveS.Jun 1, 2006
Very pleseant light weight movie. Solid acting butthe plot lacked real grit.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
SpangleAug 23, 2014
Eh, this one is alright. It is largely mediocre and there is nothing outright horrible about it, but ultimately this one just feels like Good Will Hunting meets Scent of a Woman meets the inner city. It is a blend of topics that have beenEh, this one is alright. It is largely mediocre and there is nothing outright horrible about it, but ultimately this one just feels like Good Will Hunting meets Scent of a Woman meets the inner city. It is a blend of topics that have been done better by other films and while the acting from Sean Connery, Rob Brown, and Anna Paquin, is very good, their performances are not enough to lift this one out of being nothing more than your average, every day movie. There is nothing truly extraordinary about the story or the relationship forged by Connery and Brown, though their chemistry is good. In addition, it just feels like a movie I have seen many times before, which is too bad. The only element that bothered me here is F. Murray Abraham's character. His acting is fine, but his role as a teacher is so comically over the top in terms of being out to get his students and being pure evil that it just kills any authenticity this one has and is annoying to watch. Overall, Finding Forrester is a solid film that really does nothing that well and has no true glaring mistakes and winds up being nothing more than mediocre. Expand