Paramount Pictures | Release Date: December 20, 1971
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 6 Ratings
Watch Now
kman5473May 22, 2018
A film unlike any I have seen before. The romance between Harold and Maude is unconventional to say the least, but the love between the two characters feels real. This is story that touches upon the demand to conform to societal conventions,A film unlike any I have seen before. The romance between Harold and Maude is unconventional to say the least, but the love between the two characters feels real. This is story that touches upon the demand to conform to societal conventions, and the happiness that comes out of resisting that expectation. I love the pacing of this film; the characters are given time not only to express their self, but also to listen, and contemplate, and generate only answers that are authentic and well thought out. I think this film has aged well, and I think it offers a window into the nostalgic fantasy before the complexities of instant communication and social media that we have today. I actually felt really relaxed in watching this. It's funny, eclectic, heart-warming, while at the same time holding up a mirror to society and asking the question: why is there such taboo with being different? Expand
ahmedaiman9999Jun 15, 2018
Impressed by its beautiful style, its moving soundtrack, eccentric characters, sharp acting, smart dialogue,interesting philosophy, and clever metaphors, if they are presented very directly. But it's so cold and bland, so, simply, I didn'tImpressed by its beautiful style, its moving soundtrack, eccentric characters, sharp acting, smart dialogue,interesting philosophy, and clever metaphors, if they are presented very directly. But it's so cold and bland, so, simply, I didn't care about anything.

If you were wondering how a Wes Anderson movie would be like if it lacks heart, Harold and Maude is the answer to your question. It's a very sweet and classy candy yet not tasty! (7/10)