Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: May 3, 2013
Generally favorable reviews based on 2047 Ratings
1,250
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeJan 26, 2016
An improvement of the last Iron Man installment in the franchise before this movie. A bit better than Iron Man 2 and lives up its name to the original Iron Man, but not good to that Iron Man.
TVJerryMay 9, 2013
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) almost loses it all, but the plot doesn't really matter. There are certain things we've come to expect from this franchise and this installment delivers (possibly the best yet). Cool gadgets and flashy effects.Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) almost loses it all, but the plot doesn't really matter. There are certain things we've come to expect from this franchise and this installment delivers (possibly the best yet). Cool gadgets and flashy effects. Big action sequences. Enjoyable characters. Genuinely funny interactions. It snaps along with great skill and lots of fun! Everything a comic book flick should be. NOTE: Of course, stay thru the credits for a funny cameo. Expand
TheQuietGamerOct 14, 2013
Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony,Another excellent movie from Marvel. Captures the essence of the comic book and character and is just a heck of a lot of fun to watch. It's got action, emotion, and humor. It manages to show the effects being a super hero is having on Tony, like the events of the Avengers and previous movies, and does it without all of the melodrama and whining that plagued Iron Man 2. It's very enjoyable and the references to the Avengers movie and the other Marvel films out like Thor is very appreciated. All in all it's just a great Marvel film and if you have any love of the character or universe then you'll love this movie. Expand
MovieGuysSep 15, 2013
Iron Man 3 is almost as good as the original, with an interesting story as well as a great script. It's a must-see summer action flick and a fun one, too.
Compi24May 5, 2013
Despite falling prey to a particularly flagrant character misfire, "Iron Man 3" still possesses a whole lot of laughs, action, and tension, earning itself a comfy place within a solid trilogy.
BrianMcCriticMay 5, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is two different films the first half is a ten with all the cool dialogue and all those awesome Mandarin videos. I was getting so excited seeing such a great villain he seemed so menacing and seemed like we were headed for an epic battle and then the twist happens and the rest of the film is just a five. To me the film lost a lot if its heart except for some moments with Tony and Rhodes. Plus I know they acknowledged the Avengers several times, but with all Tony went through (even being presumed dead) your telling me not one of the Avengers would show up to help. I can understand no Hulk with all the destruction and unpredictability he brings and I can understand no Thor as he's hanging out on another planet, but we couldn't see Captain America or Hawkeye or finally Black Widow she was in the entire second one. So I would have liked to seen at least one. Overall Downey is at his best here and some of the stuff with the kid in Tennessee is fantastic, but the Mandarin twist and a lackluster second half drops this film to a seven. Expand
csw12Jun 6, 2013
Even though Iron Man 3 is far superior than its predecessors, it still had some moments that reminded me of the bad things of the first 2. Altogether a well made film that incorporated more fluid action then Iron 1 and 2 combined.
ThegodfathersonMay 3, 2013
Iron Man 3 is the movie that makes the fans believe in the legend and power of Tony Stark. Iron Man 3 is totally a new original story that has come into life by director Shane Black who brought us the unusual Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's epicIron Man 3 is the movie that makes the fans believe in the legend and power of Tony Stark. Iron Man 3 is totally a new original story that has come into life by director Shane Black who brought us the unusual Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's epic and awesome at times. So this powerful sequel is about Tony Stark who's life falls apart by a terrorist named Mandarin, with the help of James Rhodes he seeks revenge. In this plot Pepper Potts digs deeper into the superhero we all know. Basically this movie is something you have never seen before, new suit and new story. IronMan 3 is the movie of the year. The comic scenes were funny and the action was good. Worth watching in 3D. You will not waste your money. But in the end my long wait has finally ended. With satisfaction. Expand
grandpajoe6191Aug 14, 2015
"Iron Man 3" does leave a lot of obvious plot holes and poses many unanswered questions to its somewhat anticlimactic ending, but the movie still is a great action-packed superhero blockbuster thanks to the ever-perfect performance of Robert"Iron Man 3" does leave a lot of obvious plot holes and poses many unanswered questions to its somewhat anticlimactic ending, but the movie still is a great action-packed superhero blockbuster thanks to the ever-perfect performance of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/ Ironman. Expand
imthenoobJul 28, 2013
The Irorn Man franchise is a huge franchise. You figured they'd be able to hire a good writer to give us a quality plot but sadly this is not the case. The plot is weak and rather predictable and it takes away from the film as a whole.The Irorn Man franchise is a huge franchise. You figured they'd be able to hire a good writer to give us a quality plot but sadly this is not the case. The plot is weak and rather predictable and it takes away from the film as a whole.

Absolutely hated the long run time. It really could have been a good 20-30 minutes shorter. All that unneeded filler during that time was sort of unneeded and it really hurt the film as a whole.

The action of the film is sort of disappointing as well. It's all flash with no real substance, Any on scene fight scenes generally range from a few seconds to a min (if that). It would have been nicer to see some more in-your-face fight scenes, Especially with Tony's (Iron Man) beef with the main villain.

The rest of the movie is pretty enjoyable. There is plenty of comedy through out, alright badly placed at times and it sort of throws off what should be key dramatic scenes. It's still enjoyable though and will get quite a few laughs from viewers. The acting is solid, no real complaints, I rather liked the additions of Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce as well.

Overall, I think the bits of comedy through out really save it but the long run time was a real killer for this movie.
TokyochuchuNov 17, 2013
Iron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron ManIron Man 3, whilst not as good as the original, is still a decent improvement over the erstwhile sequel. The story is fun enough with the requisite amount of laughs and perils. That said, there isn't actually much Iron Man in this Iron Man movie. It's mostly just Tony Stark with a pistol. The final action reel brings some satisfying bangs and explosions (even if the bad guy's ultimate doom does spawn some eye-rolling) and this third chapter ends up as an entertaining 'hot mess'. Expand
marcmyworksNov 27, 2013
This a far superior sequel to Iron Man 2. This film is reminiscent of action films from the 1980s and 90s, with its Lethal Weapon 2 like ending and originality of interpreting characters from the original comic book source.
ZilcellMay 8, 2013
Iron Man 3 is dragged down by because of its uninteresting villains, but it still isn't enough to destroy the overall great entertainment value here. Sadly if you disliked Iron Man 2, you are likely to dislike Iron Man 3 as well.
lasttimeisawMay 3, 2013
Arriving before its North American landing, IRON MAN 3 pulls off a momentous debuting in its international market, I saw it in a plain 2D version and, about this franchise, IRON MAN (2008, 8/10) is a left field coup, a middle-aged superheroArriving before its North American landing, IRON MAN 3 pulls off a momentous debuting in its international market, I saw it in a plain 2D version and, about this franchise, IRON MAN (2008, 8/10) is a left field coup, a middle-aged superhero to clinch the youth-dominated market, only Robert Downey Jr. could nail it with dapper openness and wisecracking debonair. So within six years span, a fourth cranked-out (if one counts THE AVENGERS 2012, 5/10) comes on strong this year to ignite the summer powder keg. Personally I skipped IRON MAN 2 (2010) though I still possess the DVD, and the only reason why IRON MAN 3 interests me is the Chinese element, reportedly three Chinese actors are on the slate of the cast, Xueqi Wang, Bingbing Fan and Jing Wu, but it turned out to be an utter scam, only Xueqi Wang appeared in about 3 seconds in 2 fleeting scenes with one line “Nihao” (“hello” in Mandarin) and so is Ben Kingsley’s “The Mandarin”, the ostensible ringleader of the terrorists (more Al-Qaeda than mandarin).

So what this new episode has offered to its devoted fanboys apart from the cookie-cutter template of the mega-Superhero action flicker? Since there are no succour from his fellow The Shields’ teammates, Iron Man 3 perfunctorily opts to mass-produce the iron-clad robots to rescue the world (perish the undying human mutants), a lame and opportunist move to simplify the mess it creates and spurn any logistic plausibility (at least notify us how to kill mutants for good since they can regenerate themselves under any terms of damage), not to mention the cliffhanging twist of Pepper Potts, maybe it is all written in the next sequel.

Fans will never get enough of raking and levelling, it is undeniable that the demolition of Stark’s mansion is visually stunning and apocalyptic, and the esprit-de-corps of the plane-wrecking rescue is also worth the wait (thanks to the telltale trailer), but in the end, the inevitable face-off is a kill-joy, compared with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (2012, 8/10), IRON MAN 3 looks as feckless as a light-hearted comedy, and its success can mainly be indebted towards Mr. Downey’s omnipotent appeal, a rakish fop who owns everything and is sternly faithful to his partner (although a certain degree of promiscuity is a requisite), and more alluring, he can create superheroes.

Paltrow has more action sequences demanding out of her gaunt physique, and also shoulders a turnabout climax in the end, but still a trophy secretary-lover. Guy Pearce is a common-or-garden villain here (not as remotely interesting as in LAWLESS 2011, 8/10 last year), Ben Kinsley on the other hand, is the comic relief (besides Tony Stark) here, eccentrically inconsequential but a timely buffer from the intensified situation. Don Cheadle is ham-fisted as the other iron fighter and Rebecca Hall does evince cursory nuances for her expendable character. Among others, James Badge Dale (from SHAME 2011, 9/10 and FLIGHT 2012, 7/10) finally found his stepping-stone into mainstream showbiz, his indestructible henchman even makes his boss pale in comparison.

A puff of fresher air comes from the interaction between Stark and a fatherless boy (Ty Simpkins) at a rustic Tennessee setting, with jocular ripostes and a paternal bond affectingly enriches Tony Stark’s personality and one plainly wishes this part would be more to offer. However, as the turnover rate has been accelerated dramatically these years in the superhero assembly-line, IRON MAN 3 is a serviceable vehicle to appease its core audience’s anticipation, and if put into a larger picture, it is not innovate enough to be a game-changer as its prototype, it is just another helluva sequel, trite but lucrative. But it will be a sad sack if Mr. Downey keeps churning out the persona into his fifties, it could be a grand farewell for the trilogy, and future cameos are warmly welcome.
JacobMay 11, 2013
Overall I liked Iron Man 3. While I prefer the light-hearted tone of the original this one was pretty entertaining. Robert Dowry Jr. was entertaining as always, there was some good action, and the conflict was intriguing. While the film wasOverall I liked Iron Man 3. While I prefer the light-hearted tone of the original this one was pretty entertaining. Robert Dowry Jr. was entertaining as always, there was some good action, and the conflict was intriguing. While the film was nowhere near as good as Iron Man 1 it still managed to be entertaining. If you are sick of the superhero movies by now this one is not going to change your mind. However, if you’ve liked the previous ones I think you will like this one ok. Iron Man 3 is not as good as the Avengers or Iron Man 1 but still has enough entertainment in it to keep your interest. Expand
FranzHcriticNov 10, 2013
An improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need toAn improvement over the tedious 'Iron Man 2', the third film still can not live up to the first movie. It is more interesting than '2', with more thoroughness in the plot and better acting from the rest of the cast, as Downey doesn't need to change anything, he's fruitful and amusing all the time. Overall, a decent third chapter that fairs better, much better, than its predecessor. Expand
oxanaAug 24, 2014
Seen this twice now.

3D vs 2D: 2D wins, clearly. 3D action sequences are shotty, blurry, and hard to follow without losing focus, and there were no special bits where the 2D version didn't look just as good, in my opinion. You can tell
Seen this twice now.

You can tell this is directed and written by Shane Black. (Tony Stark tells us a story about the terrorism of today, botanists, and fire-breathers.) The story-telling is definitely different, the structure feeling a little clipped at times, jumping from one scene to the next while creating a thread to follow. I may have hoped for a little more background on a couple of things, but they were not too bothersome.

At the same time, the humor works perfectly, which can be hoped for and expected. Robert Downey Jr. is definitely working his magic once more.

While I was a little bummed out by some of the things at the end of the film, and am still wrapping my head around them, the movie had a steady thing going with no real "slowness" to it. You're constantly entertained. You won't be glancing at your watch - unless you decide to wait for the absolutely delicious post-credits scene, which is totally worth the wait!

There are twists and turns. The new armors are cool, although one would hope to see more of them - and more of Tony in the armor, but then, the way this film goes, you don't actually feel a constant longing for the Armored Avenger, because Tony delivers all you can possibly hope for.

Speaking of Avengers, there were more references to that movie - and the previous MCU films - than one could have hoped for. They worked very well, in between jibes, references, flashbacks and panic attacks.

Go see this movie, right now!
GreatMartinMay 3, 2013
While watching “Iron Man 3” you can think about many things like 1) How many iron man appear in the span of the movie? 2) How many crouch shots did director Shane Black plan? 3) How many of the few very funny lines were ad libbed by RobertWhile watching “Iron Man 3” you can think about many things like 1) How many iron man appear in the span of the movie? 2) How many crouch shots did director Shane Black plan? 3) How many of the few very funny lines were ad libbed by Robert Downey Jr. or written by co-screenwriters Mr. Black and Drew Pearce? 4) What’s the body count? 5) Are you going crazy because in the opening of the film you thought the female was a brunette Gwyneth Paltrow? 5) Will Downey, Jr. ever do a non-action film and show his power as an actor like he did in “Charlie Chaplin” 6) How many films have been made in the past decade where the President of the United States has his life in danger?

None of the above will distract you from the film as the basics are old hat to anyone who has seen a Marvel comic book film or just the first two “Iron Man” movies. Yes there are the villains, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce, who want to take over the world, Iron Man’s very smart girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow, multi, actually too many, special effects under the supervision of Dan Sudick, not to forget constant explosions, again a case of too many. The music is loud, too loud at times, but that is the nature of superhero movies. Also, true to the genre it is too long by about 15-20 minutes.

Robert Downey jr. looks very good with he sculptured beard and toned body. Gwyneth Paltrow’s role seems to be a bit longer in this third outing while Pearce and Kingsley are more than adequate as the mean guys. A standout is Ty Simpkins who is a young kid whose father has split and Tony Stark/Iron Man is his hero and he has a chance to help his hero. Jon Favreau as Tony’s head security, Don Cheadle as Col. Rhodes/War Machine, Rebecca Hall as a botanist and Paul Bettany, as the voice of a robo, give good support.

“Iron Man:3” is the first of many big blockbuster films coming down the pike this summer season and, already a big hit money wise, though a fast moving, entertaining film, hopefully not the best of them.
worleyjamersMay 3, 2013
I liked it, didn't love it. Iron Man 3 takes a completely different approach than its predecessors did; in some ways it worked, but in some is did not. The best thing about the film, in my opinion, is that the character of Tony is completelyI liked it, didn't love it. Iron Man 3 takes a completely different approach than its predecessors did; in some ways it worked, but in some is did not. The best thing about the film, in my opinion, is that the character of Tony is completely stripped down and his relationship with Pepper gets some more depth; Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow are better than ever in this installment. Such a human approach to the story does leave you wanting a little more at certain points. Apart from the the two main figures, the remaining characters (even the villains) are either underdeveloped or criminally underused. The final moments do deliver some excitement that the rest of the movie lacked. Overall, the result IS an entertaining superhero film even if it is slightly underwhelming. Expand
TheApplegnomeJul 30, 2014
The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

The film's [Iron Man trilogy] that failed to become better.

Okay, it really is a cool and entertaining movie to watch and it got eventful scenes, but the opening scene wasn't the best. I really had high expectations of this movie, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be because the story truly is weird. The movie also got many things that didn't make sense at all, and combined with the weird ending and some silly details, the film wasn't great at all in comparison with the the previous Iron Man movies.

For an Iron Man movie, isn't it great at all, but it's still okay to watch.

Iron Man 3 gets a 7/10
StevenFMay 13, 2013
Well how exactly were Marvel going to better the raging success and massive hit that was The Avengers? With Shane Black thats how.
Robert Downey Jr. returns to Tony Stark land after saving the world from Loki’s alien army in New York, but that is exactly why he is having such a hard time. He simply cannot get round the fact that there are aliens and gods in the world he lives in. As he attempts to better his suit using several motions only with his arm, there is another very real threat in the form of The Mandarin, played by the fantastic Ben Kingsley.
This guy is out simply to prove the point that he cannot be found, but that he can do very real damage to America. Tony struggles to separate himself from his suits to the point of having anxiety attacks when he thinks about the events of New York. Another shady character thrown into the mix is Aldrich Killian, played by Guy Pearce, he is attempting to put out is Extremis endeavour with the help of Stark. But as several events start to unfold, it is clear to Tony that not everyone is who they say they are, and Tony must pick himself up after an explosive incident at his home, and he must find a way to stop The Mandarin.
Shane Black has simply revitalised the Iron Man genre after the disappointing second outing, in the directors chair and as a co-writer. He has brought to us a very humorous and clever film that simply goes in at full steam, never trying to better The Avengers, but showing that a brilliant story can be told along with sublime action sequences and character development that will never cease to amaze, with only one of the Avengers there.
With quite a major but also hysterical twist, it will truly show the writing power of Black, who has made this superhero film his own, along with very interesting characters.
Downey Jr. is on fine form yet again as our suited up hero, he begins to show true balance between his life as Iron Man but also his commitment to his girlfriend Pepper Potts, played again by Gwyneth Paltrow who has an expanded and very significant role in the third outing. Ben Kingsley has to be one of the highest points of the film, combining his unique take on a comic book legend and with a wonderfully bizarre tone of speaking that makes it all the better.
James Badge Dale, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce and also former director Jon Favreau are on excellent form, combining these extraordinary characters with a commanding story and spectacular effects, this really is a superb follow up in a post-Avengers universe, and the best solo Marvel film to grace the screen.
You would be a fool not to treat yourself to this remarkable film, with enough one-liners to make it an excellent comedy, mixed with the spectacular action, and of course a post-credit scene that for what it symbolises is just fantastic to watch, don’t miss out on the third, but hopefully not the last solo outing for Iron Man.
Bruce722May 25, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Iron Man 3 so I was a little concerned going into the theater. However, in my opinion the movie was outstanding. The cast and characters were fantastic just like the first two and the plot developed well and, unlike the first two, didn't have so many plot holes. The villain was thankfully not a robot and had some depth as well, which was one of the biggest things Iron Man 2 lacked. There was also plenty of humor, actually, there was more humor than the first two combined and almost all of it felt well timed and fit into the flow of the film. There were a few jokes or quips that felt forced but for the most part there were a lot of laughs to go around. The only real area of weakness for the movie were the overpowered villains. *SPOILER* The villains were so OP it made watching certain battle sequences a little ridiculous. It shouldn't take several Mark suits to take out one of the villains henchmen. And like in the second film, their powers have a limited range (whip in part 2, the need to touch you in this one) so them being capable of going toe-to-toe, let alone overtake a Mark suit was kind of a joke. Nonetheless, the movie was fantastic and these weaker elements, while they sound like a big deal here, are really easy to look past. Expand
eagleeyevikingNov 28, 2013
A light, kid-friendly adaptation, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted plot twist at the end.
BikerjamesMay 22, 2013
I don't read Iron Man comic books so I cannot comment on how faithful the movie is, but taken on its own I thought it was a decent film. It has a lot of ludicrous, over the top moments, however I can forgive that since it is based on aI don't read Iron Man comic books so I cannot comment on how faithful the movie is, but taken on its own I thought it was a decent film. It has a lot of ludicrous, over the top moments, however I can forgive that since it is based on a comic book. For me, it was so over the top that it had more of a comic book feel than some of the other Marvel films I have seen. The movie would fall flat without Robert Downey's deadpan delivery, and there was nothing new in the plot that you haven't seen before other than the pieces of armor that automatically attach themselves to Iron Man. The 3-D and special effects were excellent and it was never boring. It was much better than the last installment. Expand
homer4presidentMar 13, 2015
It was a good movie with impressive special effects but lacked serious potential towards one of Iron Man's main supervillains. Hopefully, Marvel will bring the Mandarin back with his powerful rings in either the next Avenger's film or Iron Man 4.
nutterjrMay 3, 2013
It is fair to say that Marvel is reusing a formula that has been working for them for a few years now. Action, humour, heroes, villains and clever twists. This is might be the best Iron Man yet however, it is starting to show that theirIt is fair to say that Marvel is reusing a formula that has been working for them for a few years now. Action, humour, heroes, villains and clever twists. This is might be the best Iron Man yet however, it is starting to show that their effort to go one bigger each time results to more convoluted fighting scenes and I can only imagine the next installments being more difficult to follow. Expand
Movie1997May 3, 2013
I was really stoked about seeing this big start to a potentially successful summer of filled with exciting movies. I mean, just watching the trailers, it's definitely a new Iron Man we've never noticed before but want to see. Before going toI was really stoked about seeing this big start to a potentially successful summer of filled with exciting movies. I mean, just watching the trailers, it's definitely a new Iron Man we've never noticed before but want to see. Before going to see this, I read some of the user reviews. I was really surprised to hear some bad reviews from this movie. I honestly thought that those people who said the movie was bad we're just completely stupid. Yet after watching this, I realize now that they are only 75% crazy. As far as the 25%, it's filled with some unnecessary humor that lacks with the storyline. As far as the other 75%, it's filled with great action and a great storyline. Plus, we see a whole new side of Tony (Robert Downey Jr.). It is questionable whether or not you like this new turn that this character has taken. He's not his usual narcissistic self. Yet, it somewhat manages to work with the story. Not well, but it works. Also, there's a big questionable scene near the middle of the movie. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but it will effect your opinion on the rest of the movie. You'll either be o.k. with it, or you'll just want to hate the rest of the movie. Overall, it may not be what most people expected it to be, but it's still an enjoyable Iron Man movie. Expand
diogomendesDec 3, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 3 (2013) *SPOILERS*

"Iron Man 3" is the movie that starts out the Phase 2 of Marvel Cinematic Universe, and while there's some questionably flawed elements, this film is wittily made and nicely acted. Sure, there was some stupid things like the real Mandarin being the nerdy guy Tony met on the elevator. Sure, they could have used Ben Kingsley – a fantastic actor by the way – as the real villain, which would’ve been incredible and would’ve make the film even more epic. But surprisingly enough, “Iron Man 3” is still good in its own right. It’s not as refined as some Marvel movies are, but it’s visually impressive and its main lead still holds that charm we liked in the first two Iron Man films. Director Jon Favreau was replaced by Shane Black, but still remained as a producer and as the character Happy.

Marvel's "Iron Man 3" pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Well, many people say that the clothes make the man, but what makes these series so rewarding is the man inside the suit: Robert Downey Jr. He is, once again, fantastic. Perhaps one of the coolest super-heroes in contemporary cinema and I would be very surprise if in the future someone will top him. As for the rest of the cast, Guy Pearce surely makes for a compelling villain. Even though I was expecting Trevor to be the real villain, Pearce’s character still makes up for that. Gwyneth Paltrow also returns as the love interest of Tony Stark and Don Cheadle appears once again as “Iron Patriot”. Really? “War Machine” sounds so much better. Apparently he changed it because War Machine was a little belligerent. Some antagonists in movies are way over-the-top, so if there’s something that this movie needs credit for, it’s the villain. Now, let’s talk about the Mandarin plot twist. The Mandarin plot twist ah… my god, is so **** stupid. When I saw the trailers for Iron Man 3 back in 2013, I was expecting something intense and dark, because THE TRAILERS LOOKED INTENSE AND DARK, but yeah… I never should trust the trailers or clips or whatever. As I was saying, I expected something out of that darkness, and it just pained me to see the real Mandarin being a nerd, and the fake one being a comedic actor. How exciting. I mean, how **** stupid is this? I’m disappointed about this and note, I rarely even read comic books.

The action scenes are utterly entertaining. Everything from the Malibu Mansion attack to the oil tanker battle is phenomenal. It is amazing. Trust me, it’s really good, and I dare to say that it’s even better than the first two Iron Man films. It’s so good. When Iron Man was rescuing those people when the plane exploded, I thought he was not going to make it, but man, he did make it. My friend complained exactly about that. He said that “Ah, Iron Man is not Superman. He can’t do that”. He’s an opinionated person, so I sometimes don’t take him seriously. What I thought it was odd in that sequence… you know, too stupid, was the fact that everyone who landed on the water knew how to swim. How convenient. The best fight in the whole movie is between Tony and Killian and this particular battle could positively explain why the fights in Marvel movies are so damn good.

Although I really left the theaters satisfied, I’m not looking forward to an Iron Man 4. We need to see new characters, new story arcs and new easter eggs. Thank God that some weeks ago, it has been announced some new movies in Marvel canon, and doesn’t include Iron Man films. I’m not saying that Iron Man is a crappy character, no, I think he’s a pretty good super-hero, but we do need some new stuff because this sh*t is getting repetitive.

Final Score to Iron Man 3: 7/10. This sequel is an improvement over its predecessor and while it’s not as refined as the very first installment, “Iron Man 3” still has style, charisma and the action sequences are purely entertaining. This was an appropriate follow-up to The Avengers, which – like I said in my review – was fantastic. If you’re an Iron Man fanatic, you will love this flick and probably a good chunk of it. And even if you’re a person who goes frequently to the movies, you won’t be left unsatisfied. Now, let’s review the disappointing one: Thor 2.
audreythomas25Dec 30, 2015
A movie with a different twist at the end, which I did not really expected. A great film which Iron Man fanatics will surely enjoy.

Watch this here fro free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1f8b55-Iron-Man-3-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
hoops2448Jun 4, 2013
Some might argue that Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is more himself in this film than in any of his others. I unfortunately am not one of them and while Iron Man 3 is a solid film, it doesn't really fell like Iron Man was even in it. The plotSome might argue that Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is more himself in this film than in any of his others. I unfortunately am not one of them and while Iron Man 3 is a solid film, it doesn't really fell like Iron Man was even in it. The plot revolves around what happens when a close friend of Tony's is caught up in a terror attack orchestrated by a villain called The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Tony heads on a journey of vengeance and re discovery as those he left behind are targeted in his stead. Like the Avengers did, Iron Man 3 takes a large portion of its opening to re-introduce the characters in Tony's world from Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts to Don Cheadle's James 'Rhodie' Rhodes, but unlike The Avengers it drags. The labored opening gives way to a 2nd act so fantastically funny it doesn't seem to belong to the same film. Shane Black brings his signature black comedy to the Iron Man universe and while making this world a lot more interesting than Iron Man 2 it does remove that familiar Stark feel. In fact it feels more like Harry Lockhart (also played by Downey in Shane Blacks's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) has replaced the troubled hero with his own overly narcissistic, sarcastic and all around vulgar self. The only character who seems to maintain their identity in this film is Rhodie who is just as fun loving as he was in Iron Man 2. In fact the replacement of Terrence Howard for Don Cheadle has proven pretty successful as he is much more accessible a character now. The main detractor from Iron Man 3 is that it doesn't really feel like the Iron Man from The Avengers or Iron Man, he seems to be just as likable but this film doesn't really live up to the character that has been built over the span of 4 films. Another problem is that the film relies heavily on the relationship between Stark and Potts and Gwyneth Paltrow just seems bored this time around. Her scenes drag, her delivery is flat and she doesn't put any effort in. The middle section which coincidentally is almost Paltrow free allows Downey to shine with the whip smart dialog and the introduction of a small boy named Harley (Ty Simpkins) is ingenious because he is almost a mini Stark but with a little more compassion. They interact in an almost brotherly way and you really understand why these two interact so well, they are both really well fleshed out and both deliver some killer lines (Simpkins has one line that is so completely unexpected and hilarious it almost makes up for the slow open). Iron Man 3 while chock full of action is ultimately a comedy film with a very lighthearted tone. The film flounders when the jokes aren't flying so even the action, which looks fantastic, is lacking something. The finale shows that Black can direct a big budget actioner but it just seems like a little too much for a film that feels like a stand alone but is trying to be a conclusion of a trilogy. Finally despite the great Downey performance the best comes from Kingsley who is not only the perfect villain but has a chameleon quality that allows him to be anyone, if anything you should go to see it for him and him alone. Expand
quincytheodoreMay 7, 2013
While clearly having its usual charismatic flair, Iron Man 3 doesn't succeed in all its attempt for Stark's solo career after The Avengers. It is however, entertaining enough to warrant audience's time with slightly darker tone and wittyWhile clearly having its usual charismatic flair, Iron Man 3 doesn't succeed in all its attempt for Stark's solo career after The Avengers. It is however, entertaining enough to warrant audience's time with slightly darker tone and witty humor. Robert Downey, Jr has melt into the character so well, it's nigh impossible to imagine someone else portray Tony Stark. There are few memorable scenes aside from your usual humdrum explosions and they manage to differentiate the movie from its predecessor, but this also goes with awkward plot holes.

Recurring characters, such as Don Cheadle as Rhodes and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper are so comfortable with their roles, it creates natural on-screen relationships with Tony Stark. This time Pepper has a lot more screen presence as she breaks out from her babysitter cocoon, and quiet frankly has her most substantial role in the franchise thus far. Ben Kingsley as Mandarin is somewhat over-the-top, borderline corny. I suppose they want it to be a surprise, but It could be perceive as shallow and demeaning to an already established character.

Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian is vague, he provides better challenge than previous nemeses, but his motivation is superficial. It's utterly hard to imagine that a supervillain would arise from such trivial excuse. Script has its moments, mostly in accidental parental relationship between Stark and Harley, a kid who becomes temporary side-kick for Stark. I understand the need to humanize Stark, in short; taking the suit for some parts of the movie or make him deal with psychological repercussion of his actions, and mostly, it delivers.

Graphically, it suffices in rather predictable ways. The addition of 3D doesn't add much though, I have a harrowing feeling that there's cumbersome muddy visual all over the otherwise crisp effects. On top of that, there's not enough depth perception to fully utilize the 3D, I strongly urge to see the normal version instead. Action involves plenty of missiles, bullets and cannons being fired, as expected. There's admittedly clever gimmick for the suits usage, so it does break from simple combat.

Between the fast paced screen transition, there are some plot holes which may be convenient for the movie in the expense of giving any plausible explanation. Given the fresh changes, Iron Man 3 is a flawed movie, but one which isn't sorely lacking in entertainment value.
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

"Iron Man 3" 10 Scale Rating: 6.0 (Decent) ...

The Good: As expected, Downey, Jr showed once again why he was born to play Tony Stark. Paltrow and Cheadle nailed their respective roles once more, and newcomers Kingsley and Pearce put in their usual great performances. The effects were top notch and the storyline, based on the popular "Extremis" arc in the comics, was a great idea. The final battle was extremely well done and some of the new ways that the armor(s) were used was very creative.

The Bad: However, the villains left me more than little underwhelmed, despite the great performances from the actors involved. There was also a little too much wit and humor that at times felt out of place. I also wish that Stark had utilized the armor more as the scenes with him in Iron Man mode were too few and too short. Lastly, as a comic book nerd and a huge fan of Mandarin, I was not a fan of his portrayal. I don't want to ruin it for those who have not seen it, but I really wish that he had been as advertised.
OfficialNov 4, 2013
Perhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have asPerhaps after watching "The Avengers", I expected too much from this movie, and ultimately did not quite live up to my expectations. But "Iron Man 3" is still a pretty good movie. It's action-packed, it's filled with humor but doesn't have as much playboy antics as its predecessors. Expand
BrandonBonaseraMay 3, 2013
Iron Man 3 is exactly what I wanted the other instalments to be and I thought the tone in this instalment really worked well with the film. This sequel surpasses its predecessor and is not just one of the best Marvel Universe films, but aIron Man 3 is exactly what I wanted the other instalments to be and I thought the tone in this instalment really worked well with the film. This sequel surpasses its predecessor and is not just one of the best Marvel Universe films, but a promising start to Phase 2. This film would have got a perfect score if it weren't for some scenes/performances that came off as silly and campy and I honestly expected a more emotional conclusion. In the end, Iron Man 3 is one of my favourite Marvel Universe films and is a great end to the Iron Man trilogy. Expand
LamontRaymondMay 8, 2013
Not as good as the first, but leagues better than the abysmal second. It just feels a little hollow at times, and the huge action sequence at the end is just like every other comic book movie these days you get caught up in the antiseptic,Not as good as the first, but leagues better than the abysmal second. It just feels a little hollow at times, and the huge action sequence at the end is just like every other comic book movie these days you get caught up in the antiseptic, metallic blur of it all, knowing that nothing is really at stake. The sequences with the kid are fun, and the various uses of the suits are innovative. Stark is more interesting this time around. I'll compare this series to The Matrix series now. The first is excellent the second completely sucked, and the third is much better than the second, but nowhere near as good as the first. And if you haven't seen it, don't bother sticking around for the post-credits sequence. They mailed that sucker in. (Not nearly as badly as the new Evil Dead, however....) Expand
drlowdonJan 11, 2014
Anyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see justAnyone that has seen previous Marvel movies will find very little surprises in Tony Stark’s third outing and it is certainly as easy as ever to find plot holes if you really want to. Post Avengers it is also a little disappointing to see just one superhero on screen and there is just one line throwaway line that acknowledges rather than justifies the fact that his SHIELD buddies never show up to help.

There are also a few other issues stopping it from being amongst the top tier of comic book movies (the strange twist and the fact the he spends virtually none of the film in his suit for example) but Iron Man 3’s mix of humour and spectacular action sequences still makes for a fairly entertaining couple of hours and most viewers will enjoy what they see.
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
I have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James BondI have to say that this movie was a disappointment overall. Mandarin aside, which comic junkies will kill this film for, this movie just wasn't Ironman. Yes, there are a ton of Ironman suits, but Tony Stark spends more time being James Bond than Ironman. The emotions and stress that Stark is dealing with is interesting, and the subtle references to The Avengers is good, but other than that, this movie had no real depth at all. The motives for the bad guys is not really evident, nor is the explanation of the extremis virus. One minute you have a glowing man turning into a bomb and the next you have 10 glowing guys who breathe fire and regenerate except when killed?!?!?!?! All the Ironman suits were cool but how they get to that point is pretty pointless. It was an ok movie, and probably better than the second one, but was more of a money grab than a great film. Expand
MrMovieBuffMar 20, 2015
Everybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish theEverybody knows this, Iron Man is one of the most popular characters from Marvel...his movies so far have been alright. 'Iron Man' (2008) has been absolutely amazing, a great addition to the Marvel canon and a great way to establish the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then came 'Iron Man 2' (2010) which was a different story, while not overly terrible...it was simply a mediocre sequel that had a forgettable villain, and was just filler until 'The Avengers' (2012) was released.

'Iron Man 3' is a film that started off with promise...but after the first hour and maybe a few minutes, it went from a strong 9 to a 6 out of 10.

Robert Downey Jr. does not disappoint as Tony Stark aka "Iron Man", he is building more suits, but for some reason, he's lost his spark. His suits are not the kind of strong, powerful suits that he made in previous films.

Guy Pearce plays a man named Aldrich Killian, a once eager businessman who met Stark back in New Year's Eve 1999, but was turned down and now he plans revenge on him.

Gwyneth Paltrow returns as Pepper Potts, she is concerned for Stark since the events in 'The Avengers' (2012) and he is suffering from constant panic attacks and anxiety issues.

Ben Kingsley tackles the role of the Mandarin, one of Iron Man's biggest enemies, anyone who has read the comic books will know.

My issue with this movie is the villain, without spoiling too much, Ben Kingsley is criminally underused as the Mandarin. Plus, that unsuspected twist was absolutely unnecessary.

It feels like Marvel knew that everybody was going to see this movie after how big 'The Avengers' (2012) was. It seems like they only care for box-office openings, so they can do whatever they want to the story and not care because this movie will do well in the box-office.

I felt like an idiot for seeing this movie, but the only good things in it was the action, they're still as dazzling as ever and Downey Jr. never fails to please the fans.

Overall, I've seen this movie a couple of times, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's not one I'll be watching more times in the future.
vikesh2206Nov 8, 2014
An entertaining addition to the Marvel canon, Iron Man 3 solidly delivers great action sequences and a witty dialogue although it suffers from a terribly plotted final act.
oblique15Jan 29, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I like Iron Man, but I dislike Tony Starks.I think he makes it hard to enjoy the movie with his arrogant attitude. The movie was solid, but besides the Hype I liked G.I Joe much better.The movie does have it`s moments, but Iron Man is just not my favorite Super Hero. Also I feel like they made Tony Stark use remote controlled Bots just so you can see Robert Downey Jrs face.This is a huge issue with some of these actors. They have to get some face time.I should probably give the movie a lower rating, but it was at least entertaining. Expand
KivaJun 10, 2013
The movie was ok. I expected more. You know The Avengers style. It's not like that. It is entertaining to some points but in general i was disappointed with the movie as i expected more. However, it's fun to watch in the cinema. Hope ifThe movie was ok. I expected more. You know The Avengers style. It's not like that. It is entertaining to some points but in general i was disappointed with the movie as i expected more. However, it's fun to watch in the cinema. Hope if there's a next iron man will be better. Expand
Iky009Jan 6, 2014
Iron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogiaIron Man 3 não foi o melhor filme de 2013 apesar da sua bilheteria, por isso se destaca como o mais fraco da trilogia Expand
MasterRileyDec 20, 2016
Iron Man 3 is definitely better than 2, but still doesn't quite live up to the quality of the original that started it all. I appreciate the darker tones in this film and find it to still be quite entertaining overall.
TrilobiteGAug 18, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I had mixed feelings on Iron Man 3. I'll start off with the positives as I normally do with my reviews (unless there is no positives!). Firstly.....Robert Downey Jr is a number 1 badass as Iron Man!!! I like how he acts and how he is when it comes to being witty. He is almost the merc with the mouth (DEADPOOL MOVIE NOW PLEASE!!!!!). I also liked the action scenes which were packed full of explosions and smart gestures that made up a pleasant scene. However, there were a few negatives about this film that I have to mention. The second half of the film was just meh to me....I mean sure there was 'action' but it was all a bit slow moving and just made me shrug my shoulders. The ending frustrated me the most.....it to me just felt like he just gave up in the end and quit abruptly as being Iron Man. So to sum it up, Iron Man 3 is a pretty good film was some highs and lows. Expand
FreedomFightersJan 3, 2017
"Iron Man 3," the first film in Phase 2 of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe," is definitely a very entertaining film that lives up to its predecessors. It's well-acted (once again, especially by Downey, Jr.), it's visually brilliant, pretty"Iron Man 3," the first film in Phase 2 of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe," is definitely a very entertaining film that lives up to its predecessors. It's well-acted (once again, especially by Downey, Jr.), it's visually brilliant, pretty well-written, exciting, action-packed and all-around fun. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and hardcore comic fans might not be as happy with this one as they were with the previous "Iron Man" films, but all things considered, I found "Iron Man 3" to be a thoroughly entertaining film that is absolutely worth watching. Expand
DanBurritoOct 10, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A bit confusing but an interesting movie overall. I hadn't seen the other MCU movies at the time I saw this so I didn't understand all the references but I still liked it. Trust me, ieven if you don't like superhero movies, it's all worth it for the scene where The Mandrin- a terrorist who seems to be the movie's terrifying main villain- is revealed to be a drunken British actor who's a pawn in the real villain's scheme. I laughed my butt off at that scene. And even beside that, it's enjoyable for superhero fans. I liked it. Expand
MovieManiac83Apr 22, 2015
“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole”“When can we talk about the Avengers?” a preteen fanboy asks Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), his world-famous, terrorist-thwarting idol. The man inside the armor would rather change the subject, as the mere mention of “New York” or “wormhole” sends him spiraling into a panic attack. He’s haunted by the events of The Avengers, and so too is Iron Man 3, the first new Marvel movie released in the wake of that record-smashing hit. Joss Whedon’s crossover bonanza was designed to replenish the franchises that fed into it, goosing interest in the subsequent solo outings of its respective heroes. That’s a sound business model, but a backfiring entertainment strategy. Here, it’s hard not to wish Downey were sparring with his costumed comrades again, instead of trading barbs with the far-less-colorful cast members—old and new—of this busy, sporadically diverting sequel.

As in Jon Favreau’s dismal Iron Man 2, there’s no shortage of supporting characters hovering around the eponymous mogul-inventor. Although they share second billing, Gwyneth Paltrow (as love interest and business partner Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as the government-sponsored War Machine, re-christened “Iron Patriot” for PR reasons) drift to the margins of the narrative. More prominent are the heavies, dragged in to test the mettle (and metal) of Downey’s saintly yet sardonic billionaire. In a plot turn that recalls the fallen-hero trajectory of The Dark Knight Rises, the minions of a bearded tyrant called the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley, whose hamminess serves a covert purpose) blow Stark’s mansion to smithereens. There’s also a scorned, rat-bastard scientist (Guy Pearce at his oiliest), and a posse of molten-skinned henchmen better suited to an X-Men movie.

New to the field of comic-book spectacles, writer-director Shane Black keeps all of this chaos churning at a breakneck pace. Hints of the filmmaker’s personality poke through the Marvel house style: The bookending narration is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang redux, and only the man who penned Lethal Weapon would think to include a passage in which Cheadle and a de-armored, gun-toting Downey bicker like buddy cops. Black’s most endearing experiment, though, is divorcing Iron Man of his iron. Never is the film livelier than when its hero, stranded in the boonies without access to his toys, has to rely on quick thinking and the kindness of strangers. (Amusing as always in the role, Downey seems to relish his time out of the suit.)

Less successful is the mandatory CGI mayhem, staged more confidently than in the Favreau films, but still borderline incoherent. In two hours and change, Black mounts only one truly spectacular setpiece: the annihilation of Air Force One, and the daring midair rescue of its plummeting passengers. Playful and awe-inspiring, the sequence also doubles as a metaphor for the way Iron Man 3, in its desperate attempts to please, frantically juggles so many characters and crowd-pleasing components. Whedon, a true believer in the medium, made that balancing act look easy. Pity it’ll be another two years, and at least that many interim single-hero installments, before he gets the gang back together.

Very Disappointing
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Ok so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with aOk so here we go Iron man 3 the first movie in marvels phase 2 this is the first iron man not directed by Jon Favreau. You can totally tell that this is not his movie this easily is the darkest of the iron man films. Though keeping with a light feeling with comedy which was the best of the three films while some of it did feel misplaced i didn't have a problem with it and it didn't take away from the overall experience. Now this is one thing i really liked about the film is that you get to see tony use his intelligence in this more so then in iron man 2 this takes me back to Iron man 1 when he is in the cave building his suit.

Now this is one thing i didn't expect in the film so ill give them credit for trying to try do something different. I just didn't like what they did to The Mandarin i understand why they did it but seriously they crapped all over one of iron mans biggest villains. Though Ben Kingsley nailed his performance even when the switched happened he still killed it.

This takes me to Guy Pearce (Aldrich Killian ) he did an okey job i wasn't so intrigued by his performance it was nothing special even after a second viewing i just didn't really care for him

There is nothing to say about Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark) he did an amazing performance the guy is Iron man i don't anyone would tell you different. You can tell that he has some wear and tear on him he is trying to cope with events that took place in "The Avengers" he has anxiety attacks that take place a couple times throughout the film.

Now during the battle scene where the helicopters take out tony's mansion tony saves pepper by making his new suit go to her. That was cool because it is a reference towards "rescue" not sure if you know the general audience didn't realize that but of course us nerds do =D. Gwyneth Paltrow was great as always so nothing to complain about except for the ending with Killian that i didn't really like. To me it was like "The Dark Knight Rises" all over again and i can barely watch that film now.

Don Cheadle (Colonel James Rhodes) is not Warmachine anymore he is now Iron Patriot that i didn't have a problem with and it was funny with tony saying throughout the film that he didn't like that change. Cheadle did a great job and he was in the film more then what i was expecting so that was cool more Cheadle is always good also the guy bulked up he looked ripped that was one thing i noticed right away.

Overall i give the film a 7.5 i knew that it was going to be better then Iron man 2 but not as good as Iron man 1 and that is was i got. I know some people don't agree with me i still think IM1 is the best of the three films.
dharmaMay 3, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 3 shows Tony Stark having a nervous breakdown after the event of the Avengers. Well, kudos for Marvel Studios as IM3 is the first Post Avengers film, and expectations are high. Nevertheless, as of writing, it is poised to surpass IM2's box office taking, making this the second highest grossing Marvel film after the Avengers. But while its success is pre-determined, what about the film itself? First the great stuffs: the actors. Downey Jr. is great as usual, as is Cheadle and Guy Pearce. Paltrow has a bigger and more proactive role this time. One of the sore point is the so called treatment of the Mandarin, one of Marvel's most iconic villain. Suffice to say it will leave fans fuming or disappointed. Ben Kingsley is still great as always, but I just wish that the character was portrayed as it was in the comic. Other than that, it is still an exciting film, on par or better than IM2, but not as good as the original. Expand
sanyrubSep 23, 2013
My review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effectsMy review could be biased since Iron Man has never been an appealing super hero to me. None of the movies have impressed me and this last one which closes the trilogy did not either. Strong points are the action sequences and visual effects and some comical scenes Iron man movies have offered in the whole trilogy. but apart from that there´s not more to it. The 3 of them are very simple movies when it comes to the script, there´s no heart in the characters, the love interest is totally bland, no strong villains and I could go on. I did not mind the Mandarin surprise, that is not the reason why this movie is average. And no amount of hype, budged and big box office success can change that. So many comic book movies superior to this out there. Expand
gameguardian21Aug 8, 2016
While it improves over iron man 2 ,it still turns out to be a disappointing movie that has very little iron man in it. Not only that, but the story falls in character motivation, villains, and things that make any sense.
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"Iron Man 3 is bold, daring, brilliant and easily the best adventure yet. Darker in tone and more prone to high-tech, this sequel is by far the most impressive Marvel film i have ever seen and possibly one of the best superhero films ever to"Iron Man 3 is bold, daring, brilliant and easily the best adventure yet. Darker in tone and more prone to high-tech, this sequel is by far the most impressive Marvel film i have ever seen and possibly one of the best superhero films ever to be released." A- Expand
Andys_ReviewsMay 5, 2013
A very well made film with the kind of top-notch special effects as we’ve come to expect from these guys. I’m not going to get into the 2D vs. 3D debate but I have to say I did watch it in 2D and I can’t really see how 3D would have improvedA very well made film with the kind of top-notch special effects as we’ve come to expect from these guys. I’m not going to get into the 2D vs. 3D debate but I have to say I did watch it in 2D and I can’t really see how 3D would have improved it. All the performances were excellent as usual with Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow taking top plaudits (for me anyway). I also have to mention the young Ty Simpkins who plays a kid, Harley Keener, who befriends Tony when he’s ‘dead’. He played his part very well and we can only hope it leads to bigger things for the young man. I did enjoy this one though despite a rather complicated plot and the usual over-the-top fight sequence towards the end it’s definitely worth a look.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 8.2/10
BKMSep 29, 2013
The third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fastThe third installment in the Iron Man franchise more or less sticks to the formula that worked so well for the first two films. Robert Downey Jr. does all of the heavy lifting without ever breaking a sweat and the visual effects come fast and furious. There's nothing wrong with this installment, but nothing truly special either. It's essentially a two hour distraction while we wait for the next Avengers movie. Expand
Khunter4382May 6, 2013
This is all FUN! Go in with that mindset. The action is there, the effects are top-rate, and the storyline is interesting albeit a little muddy in spots. Downey Jr. is superb as ever.....this is his finest performance of the series. StillThis is all FUN! Go in with that mindset. The action is there, the effects are top-rate, and the storyline is interesting albeit a little muddy in spots. Downey Jr. is superb as ever.....this is his finest performance of the series. Still though, there really aren't many surprises here. The action is of course amazing, but still I felt a little robbed with the unanswered questions I had about a few plot holes. However, this is still a fun film and a good one to. You'd have to be a stiff not to enjoy it! Expand
bfoore90Apr 5, 2016
Fell short on alot of things, Mandarin problem aside this just wasn't that much of an Iron Man movie. You see more of Tony out of the suit than in the suit, which some could consider a bad thing. On a positive note, the film is more characterFell short on alot of things, Mandarin problem aside this just wasn't that much of an Iron Man movie. You see more of Tony out of the suit than in the suit, which some could consider a bad thing. On a positive note, the film is more character based and really brings to focus on Tony's struggles post-Avengers. Overall, solid movie. Expand
analogkid280May 5, 2013
Hello summer movie season!!! We've been waiting for you.. Entertaining movie. You can certainly tell it has a different director. The humor is scarce but present. The characters are there but transparent. Don't let my criticisms distract youHello summer movie season!!! We've been waiting for you.. Entertaining movie. You can certainly tell it has a different director. The humor is scarce but present. The characters are there but transparent. Don't let my criticisms distract you though I enjoyed this movie a lot. It is fun and that is what a movie like this is supposed to be, just fun! There were a couple of distracting plot points and a few things that might get Ironman fanatics upset, but this is a good movie that does it's job well. Expand
TheWalrus2000May 20, 2013
Just like any other Iron Man the visual effects are unbelievable. To top that off, Iron Man 3 is explosive and extremely thrilling, making the last three Marvel superhero films look like amateurs.
python2000Jan 3, 2014
Not only an awesome action movie and a clever science fiction flick. But also quite funny, I don't understand why it got so much hate. Seriously it is probably in my Top 10 of the year, planet Earth I guess.
mds03May 5, 2013
Wow! This is easily the greatest Iron Man movie of them all! It has the best story, best ending, and the best action scenes that are better than 1 and 2's combined. Not to mention that the acting is great and the villains are awesome. ThereWow! This is easily the greatest Iron Man movie of them all! It has the best story, best ending, and the best action scenes that are better than 1 and 2's combined. Not to mention that the acting is great and the villains are awesome. There must be an Iron Man 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
JohnMasterLAug 6, 2015
Iron Man 3 se siente diferente, siento un aire mas ligero (¿Tal vez porque ahora Disney las produce?) también el estilo cambia totalmente, me atrevo a decir que pensé que estaba viendo una diferente versión de "El caballero de la noche" peroIron Man 3 se siente diferente, siento un aire mas ligero (¿Tal vez porque ahora Disney las produce?) también el estilo cambia totalmente, me atrevo a decir que pensé que estaba viendo una diferente versión de "El caballero de la noche" pero sin Batman ni el Joker. El elenco es excelente, pero el Guion es lo mas bajo del Film, en esta ocasión, veremos mas a Tony Stark que al mismo Iron Man. No decepciona, es divertida y en ocasiones emocionante, pero no supera a sus antecesoras. La primera parte sigue siendo la mejor. Expand
BarneyOnMTMar 13, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: This is an odd mix of the amazing and the awkward, Iron Man 3 is full of the character stuff that makes Marvel films so great. Forget the rubbish of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is developed really well and we really feel like we knowWHAT I LIKED: This is an odd mix of the amazing and the awkward, Iron Man 3 is full of the character stuff that makes Marvel films so great. Forget the rubbish of Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is developed really well and we really feel like we know him here. This is largely thanks to Robert Downey Jr being stripped back to basics and he really showcases his acting abilities here. Not only that but there's some really excellent opportunities for great action scenes (as the mark 47 is properly cool!)
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: There are a few odd niggles that you really can't ignore. For example, the confusing plot, and the baffling villain situation (which is even confusing after multiple viewings,) and the fact the movie doesn't really seem to fit in the whole Cinematic Universe.
VERDICT: Iron Man 3 is arguably the best film in the Iron Man franchise, it's darker than the first but still a lot of fun. Robert Downey Jr is just great in this role.
DarkCriticMay 5, 2013
Iron Man 3 is the beginning of the new summer blockbuster movie with Marvel fans are participating for the new sequel. The first Iron Man was the original classic superhero movie, the second one did alright, but even though the moviegoersIron Man 3 is the beginning of the new summer blockbuster movie with Marvel fans are participating for the new sequel. The first Iron Man was the original classic superhero movie, the second one did alright, but even though the moviegoers didn't appreciate the sequel, and of course third one was okay. The story takes place where Iron Man/Tony Stark fights over Mandarin to assassinate the president with his reinforce baddies. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Tony Stark known as Iron Man is planning to make a new magnetize costume to suit it up, but overall he needs to spend time with his girlfriend (Gwyneth Paltrow) in the holidays. The two main villains are Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) are making an evil plan to kill Iron Man and to kill the president, but not Mandarin its Killian. The action scenes are spectacular and the effects are well done, but the only two good parts in this movie was Iron Man saves the passengers from the sky and Iron Man faces Killian at the docks with full of Iron suits. I would say that Shane Black did very well with the action scenes and the effects are good, but overall the movie wasn't that spectacular like most other Iron Man movies or even classic The Avengers. My main problem is that characters are a little bit too much, the lines are off charted, and sometimes it’s okay to check out the action scenes. It just difference between Stark with his girlfriend, Stark get complain with the little boy, Stark didn't realize that his old girlfriend works with Killian, or even the villain like Mandarin was a goof ball pretending a bad guy and just a fraud actor, but it needs to rewrite the lines and the story needs to take it seriously. Iron Man 3 was okay, but not is much. Thumb Down. Expand
jeff_reviewsJul 4, 2013
After the "Avengers", "Iron Man 3" can be seen as a step down, but is still engaging and fun to watch. With dazzling visual effects, it can sometimes mask the fact that its storyline isn't as well written as the first.
ReubenIsAGodApr 21, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed Iron Man 3 way more then i intended, in fact, it made me want to go back and watch the first 2 again because i enjoyed it so much the movie was very funny and very entertain and made me care for Tony Stak because it presented him as more of a lovable jackass that really wants to do good yet always seems to still seem like a dick. Characters are alright, the plots so DAMN stupid, in fact its really bizarre, i like bizarre, The main villain was AMAZING, until we found out who he really was and the third act, final act was pretty much just like how i felt about the original film, terrible.

Overall a solid 7/10: mostly based on pure enjoyment, my expectations where very LOW
AwesomeReviewerMay 10, 2013
To start things off, let me say this, “Iron Man 3” is not only the best Iron Man movie to date, but also the best Avengers build up movie. This film has it all from its great sense of humor to the amazing action set pieces. The story here isTo start things off, let me say this, “Iron Man 3” is not only the best Iron Man movie to date, but also the best Avengers build up movie. This film has it all from its great sense of humor to the amazing action set pieces. The story here is more personal than any of the other film in the series as it focuses more on Tony Stark than his suit of armor. We get a sense of depth to the character and the psychological problems he has since putting on the suit. Iron Man becomes more like a cocoon rather than something that actually enhances the man. Throughout the movie we see his over dependency on the suit and how much weight it puts on is shoulder, which is well elucidated by Tony pulling the suit through the snow.

The pacing of the film in certain areas felt off mainly do to how fast they were jumping from topic to topic. However, the action sequences are always spot on and really gets the audience involved. Tony’s house exploding is a great highlight of the film and my personal favorite set piece as it tell a lot of story of the relationship of Tony and Pepper through stuff blowing up. Another thing to note in the film is its humor. It is funny and timed well. Some of it can be off putting in certain scenes or moments, but for the most part these particular segments are few and between.

The characters are great and the actors do a fine job. Robert Downey Jr. has finally found the perfect balance of arrogance and likability in Tony Stark. He’s great as the character and we finally get to see other side of him that we’ve never seen before. Pepper Potts, played by Gwyneth Paltrow, is finally a useful character. She holds her own and it’s great seeing this character grow and given attention to. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin is great. I particularly like how they introduce him with some great edited shots that highlight the amount of power and terror he poses. Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce are great in their roles as well, but the standouts are easily Downey, Paltrow, and Kingsley.

Overall, “Iron Man 3” is a really good popcorn flick that is not only entertaining, but engaging. It’s great seeing these characters develop and also seeing these actors hone on their personalities. The action and humor, for the most part, are spot on and give the movie the right amount of energy. There is a twist towards the last third of the film that can be jarring, but if you go with it, you’ll enjoy the film a lot more. I give it 4/5, incredibly entertaining and the best Iron Man movie yet.
theofficeMay 5, 2013
The movie was definitely fun to watch and very well done from a production standpoint. But I think it falls short with regards to story and direction because it tried to be very humorous at otherwise serious scenes which in my opinion tookThe movie was definitely fun to watch and very well done from a production standpoint. But I think it falls short with regards to story and direction because it tried to be very humorous at otherwise serious scenes which in my opinion took away from the plot. I didn't like that direction. It was the best of the iron man movies and better than the avengers but definitely not at the level of batman. Sometimes it seems Marvel just puts out movies that are merely "good" but not "great" just to keep milking that cash cow. I do hope the next few start to have a more serious tone. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 18, 2014
Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible.Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man? Expand
ExKingNov 15, 2013
so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea
and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ?
and you have a terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
just stop this series already.
SchroederRockMay 19, 2013
Iron Man 3 is essentially exactly the same thing as the first two Iron Man films with new villains and challenges. In many franchises, this would be a bit boring, but seeing how Iron Man's franchise has plenty of money, smart dialogue, andIron Man 3 is essentially exactly the same thing as the first two Iron Man films with new villains and challenges. In many franchises, this would be a bit boring, but seeing how Iron Man's franchise has plenty of money, smart dialogue, and Robert Downey Jr. always spot-on as Tony Stark. This film seemed to pick up more steam as it progressed, but there were too many points where I felt like the movie just didn't seem as interesting. The parallels drawn to the Avengers movie and the effects being felt by Tony Stark is just as interesting, if not more, than even Guy Pearce playing a great villain. Totally worth the money to see it in theaters, but I am going out on a limb to say this is the weakest of the three films for Iron Man. It's still good, but it just seems to lack a little of the magic the first two movies brought. Whether they continue Iron Man or not doesn't seem to matter right now as Avengers 2 is in the works, which will likely bring plenty of Iron Man/Tony Stark, so I'm okay with this being it for a while for a dedicated Iron Man film since it's not the end of Iron Man on the big screen. Expand
MovieGoer14Jul 12, 2013
The movie isn't as good as the first Iron Man but better than Iron Man 2. Iron Man 3 has less humor and less action and it didn't follow the footsteps of the comic book story line, which is kind of disappointing. But on the other hand, I wasThe movie isn't as good as the first Iron Man but better than Iron Man 2. Iron Man 3 has less humor and less action and it didn't follow the footsteps of the comic book story line, which is kind of disappointing. But on the other hand, I was entertained enough in Iron Man 3 with the dazzling visuals and good twists. Expand
UrbanlistenerApr 21, 2016
Its a good film, Robert Downey still nails it as Iron Man, the story is interesting and sometimes thrilling, the effects and action scenes are great and there is some good jokes. I also enjoyed that Don Cheadle's war machine was there a lotIts a good film, Robert Downey still nails it as Iron Man, the story is interesting and sometimes thrilling, the effects and action scenes are great and there is some good jokes. I also enjoyed that Don Cheadle's war machine was there a lot in the film, he is a great addition to the MCU. I will say that the main villain of this movie is the weakest part about it, he is not bad, but a bit cliché and poorly written, there is not much to him. If the Mandarin had been the main villain, acted like in the comics and had been well developed instead of being a lazy old fart who we discover he is a fake, it would have been way better. But still, its tons of fun and very enjoyable. Expand
nahtan1244Mar 9, 2016
A ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms.A ok movie but marvel has done way better. Iron man 3 proves that marvel is not perfect. While a vast improvement over the second fim this movie delivers big on the action spectacle but falls short on expanding upon tony starks probelms. While the mandarin was cool the plot twist was so poorly exacted. I know marvel is way better than this. As usual the guy who played the actual villain put on an incredibly uninspired performance. However iron man as i have mention before succeeds on the action front tony stark is great as iron man as always and gewneth paltrow is good as pepper potts. At the end of the day though Iron man 3 unfortunately falls short of marvels greatest films Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
Fun,Hilarious and delightful Iron Man 3 is still a good film despite of too many criticism.The Twist of the mandarin may pissed by comic fanboys but some may found it funny.Robert Downey Jr. Is Back Being Tony Stark/Iron Man,he still deliversFun,Hilarious and delightful Iron Man 3 is still a good film despite of too many criticism.The Twist of the mandarin may pissed by comic fanboys but some may found it funny.Robert Downey Jr. Is Back Being Tony Stark/Iron Man,he still delivers what we love of the character. Expand
SuperheroMoviesAug 3, 2013
After The Avengers, it be comes difficult for Marvel to top such a success, fortunately Iron Man 3 delivers with a heavy blow and all the same genius that made its predecessors so great, even improving upon the last Iron Man.
MoviebuffreviewJun 14, 2013
Iron Man 3 has amazing effects and fine performances, but the story is what drags it down. It starts off well, testing Tony in ways the audience hasn't seen anymore, but quick fixes to the plot make these elements cliched and underdeveloped.Iron Man 3 has amazing effects and fine performances, but the story is what drags it down. It starts off well, testing Tony in ways the audience hasn't seen anymore, but quick fixes to the plot make these elements cliched and underdeveloped. The twist with the villain also ruined the movie, especially because Guy Pearce was not a good replacement for the Manderin. All in all, Iron Man fails to deliver anything worth watching, which is unfortunate after the success of phase 1 of Avengers filmed. Highly disappointed. Expand
HaithamBayazeedMay 3, 2013
It was great and entertaining a lot it is a great follow-up to The Avengers, visually it is amazing, the 3D is really good but it felt a little bit long, but still it is superb threequel to the Iron Man franchise.
superbatAug 20, 2016
Iron Man 3 is even worse than Iron Man 2. Plot holes everywhere, Tony Stark is no longer Tony Stark, bad character development, I just don't know how the MCU could go from the Avengers to this nonsense. Marvel is only in it for the money, theIron Man 3 is even worse than Iron Man 2. Plot holes everywhere, Tony Stark is no longer Tony Stark, bad character development, I just don't know how the MCU could go from the Avengers to this nonsense. Marvel is only in it for the money, the MCU has made great films (The Avengers, Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Civil War) but movies like this one make me suffer from a case of franchise fatigue. Expand
fantasyMay 9, 2013
I thought the movie was good. Robert Downy Jr was excellent. The plot line was a bit lame but what do you expect from a popcorn action movie when the hero knows all along he is not in any real danger. OK for a rainy Saturday afternoon.
joao1198pedroOct 16, 2013
it is the biggest disappointment of a movie superheroes marvel,I can even have a little fun but still they do not take the film too seriously,too bad for marvel
cag11Jan 12, 2014
After the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned outAfter the disappointing sequel to the original Iron Man, I thought the same things as a lot of people did: will the man named after a fruit steal Iron Man's suit and it'll be Iron Man vs Iron Man? apparently I was mislead, and it turned out better than usual. One of my favorite ties is that it links with The Avengers as if he had trauma after going into space, which made a lot of sense with his panic attacks. Expand
ToffenuffJun 9, 2013
Not as great as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a good and fun battle with the fan-favorite Ironman. Robert Downey Jr. is of course phenomenal, as he and Ironman/Tony Stark seem truly to be one and the same. Everyone else is superbNot as great as I was expecting it to be, but it was still a good and fun battle with the fan-favorite Ironman. Robert Downey Jr. is of course phenomenal, as he and Ironman/Tony Stark seem truly to be one and the same. Everyone else is superb as well. The reason this did not score higher for me is that there were, one, a some plot holes and, two, there are a bunch of big questions left on the table that had me feeling as if I was jipped because those questions were left unanswered by the time the credits started rolling. Expand
Critic2012May 4, 2013
It has the same appeal that all the Marvel films do- dry humor and plenty of awesome action sequences. But when it comes to the plot, the film is far from greatness. Its enjoyable all the same, but I think the critic and user scores agreeIt has the same appeal that all the Marvel films do- dry humor and plenty of awesome action sequences. But when it comes to the plot, the film is far from greatness. Its enjoyable all the same, but I think the critic and user scores agree that this movie could have been much better. Expand
Cinemassacre94Mar 20, 2016
The third time is neither a particular charm nor the kiss of death for Marvel Studios’ robust “Iron Man” series, which has changed studios (from Paramount to Disney) and directors (Shane Black subbing for Jon Favreau) but otherwise toyedThe third time is neither a particular charm nor the kiss of death for Marvel Studios’ robust “Iron Man” series, which has changed studios (from Paramount to Disney) and directors (Shane Black subbing for Jon Favreau) but otherwise toyed little with the formula that has so far generated more than $1.2 billion in global ticket sales. The inevitable franchise fatigue ― plus a markedly unmemorable villain ― may account for the feeling that “Iron Man 3” is more perfunctory and workmanlike than its two predecessors, but this solid production still delivers more than enough of what fans expect to earn its weight in box office metal.

Part of the rich appeal of the first “Iron Man” (2008) came from the inspired casting of Robert Downey Jr., who brought loads of impish charisma and insouciance to the part of defense contractor turned iron-plated superhero Tony Stark. It was particularly fun to watch Downey becoming Iron Man, bobbing and weaving about in his space-age rocket suit like a novice surfer trying to stand up on a wave. You can only do an origin story once, alas, and some of the magic was already gone from 2010’s “Iron Man 2,” which pitted our hero against a stock Russian heavy (Mickey Rourke) in a standard-issue revenge narrative, but still found ample time for Stark and romantic foil Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) to do their very passable Tracy-Hepburn routine. There was also a sly running commentary on the celebrification of American culture ― and, in Stark’s effort to rid himself of the shrapnel slowly poisoning his body, a deft analog for Downey’s own widely publicized battle with various forms of addiction.

Most of that is absent at the start of “Iron Man 3,” which finds Stark in fine physical shape ― if a bit mentally unhinged from the events of “The Avengers” ― and living in relative domestic bliss with the comely Ms. Potts. All of which leaves little for Black (and co-screenwriter Drew Pearce) to do other than summon up the latest villain from the Marvel dugout: A bearded, bin Laden-esque baddie who calls himself the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and who claims credit for a series of terror bombings, one of which, a frightening attack in front of Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, has landed Stark security honcho Happy (Favreau) in a coma. (Although clearly unintentional, the movie’s recurring images of severed limbs and burning bodies can’t help but strike a queasy note in light of the recent events in Boston.) Spewing his boilerplate anti-American rhetoric in a series of crudely made videos that mysteriously jam the television airwaves, the Mandarin promises that “the big one is coming,” just in time for Christmas no less.
ammeooJan 20, 2017
This movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out ofThis movie was an utter disappointment for me. The plots were not properly executed, there were many loopholes and the story was boring to be honest. The problem with these commercial films is that their whole purpose is to make money out of amateur movie goers rather than make something that should critically make sense. Expand
ViolettSep 5, 2014
Weak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong dramaWeak plot. It is a common problem of Marvel movies. Movie itself is too focused on special effects and explosions (which are awesome tbh), and plot is too ... how to say ... sucked from finger? I understand it is hard to create strong drama movie from comics, and I will never blame Marvel for that. This movie is for people who like explosions, fire, robots, fights - who focus only on action, who dont think at all watching movie. I say again, it is not bad, just not for everyone. By the way, as I understood this movie was last of Iron Man series, at least I hope so, despite my love to Iron Man and other Marvel characters. Expand
ScorpionMay 4, 2013
is a spectacular film technically, and what is the best interpretation of Downey Jr, c does not have a giant hole in the script, it would be the best film of the series Iron Man
catcarloMay 14, 2013
La cosa migliore la sequenza dei titoli, posta in conclusione, costruita con immagini provenienti da tutti e tre gli episodi della serie e montate a ritmo adrenalinico secondo uno stile da telefilm anni Settanta, il tutto accompagnato dallaLa cosa migliore la sequenza dei titoli, posta in conclusione, costruita con immagini provenienti da tutti e tre gli episodi della serie e montate a ritmo adrenalinico secondo uno stile da telefilm anni Settanta, il tutto accompagnato dalla roboante colonna sonora di Brian Tyler. Con un nuovo regista e sceneggiatore mentre il vecchio, Jon Favreau, si tenuto il piccolo ruolo di Happy Hogan, il terzo capitolo dedicato a Iron Man (ma io sono all’esordio, per me ‘Iron man’ la canzone dei Black Sabbath) stato pensato e costruito come un blockbuster e il suo mestiere lo fa bene, seppur non andando troppo per il sottile: due ore filate in cui l’azione a fare la parte del leone, con solo qualche momento qua e là per riuscire a tirare il fiato. Si confermano le tendenze dei film di supereroi degli ultimi tempi: il protagonista tende ormai alla mezza età e comincia a essere stanco (anche perché soffre di attacchi di panico lascito della lotta contro gli alieni di ‘The avengers’) ma finisce per trovarsi a lottare basandosi più che altro sulle proprie forze e la propria intelligenza perché gli aggeggi di cui si circonda fanno cilecca più del dovuto. Se vero che Tony Stark meno problematico di alcuni suoi colleghi, ha più di loro il dono dell’ironia, grazie anche alla capacità di sdrammatizzare di Downey jr. che riesce a funzionare pure quando ripreso in primo piano all’interno di una delle sue armature (specie quando intrappolato nella non proprio perfetta Mk42). Attorno a lui, tutto il cast dà l’impressione di divertirsi parecchio: Paltrow ha ammesso in un’intervista che lavorare in una pellicola del genere rilassa, mentre Ben Kingsley sfrutta alla perfezione la parte del Mandarino, in cui può gigioneggiare in libertà, tifare per il Liverpool e ammiccare, nella sua ultima scena, a ‘Viale del tramonto’. La sceneggiatura non si fa certo mancare le citazioni, anche se qualcuna si perde nel doppiaggio, ma ha il pregio di tenere un buon ritmo sapendo distribuire tocchi di commedia: l’importante non domandarsi come possano succedere così tante cose in così poco tempo (a parte un prologo, tutta la storia si svolge a Natale) per non parlare di una successione dei fatti che non si preoccupa sempre di avere una logica e di uno sviluppo che non concretizza tutte le premesse. Niente da dire, invece, sugli effetti speciali, che per una volta non sono curati dalla Industrial Light & Magic: notevoli anche se tirate un po’ per le lunghe (il prezzo da pagare alle copie in 3D?) sono sia la distruzione della villa di Stark, sia il gran finale nel porto, in cui, seppure a fatica, infine defunge il cattivone di turno Guy Pearce comincia ad essere abbonato ai ruoli di villain. Nelle sequenze conclusive c’è un tirare le fila di tutti i personaggi, con quello principale che pare decidersi a ripensare la propria esistenza con annesso rapporto di coppia: non essendo Bruce Wayne, però, finirà per ritornare, come difatti scritto dopo gli interminabili titoli di coda. Il rullo sembra davvero infinito, ma vale la pena aspettare che scorra non solo per leggere la promessa di una nuova puntata, ma anche per vedere la breve scena che conclude il tutto con un ultimo sorriso Expand
SmeeMay 31, 2013
The story is a mixed of copy paste from Megamind ,Amazing spider man and Heroes.One of the lame super hero films with useless acting and stupid screen play.Hardly and 3D effects that also lame.Certainly not worth the hype and this is a orphanThe story is a mixed of copy paste from Megamind ,Amazing spider man and Heroes.One of the lame super hero films with useless acting and stupid screen play.Hardly and 3D effects that also lame.Certainly not worth the hype and this is a orphan child of The avangers .Stay home and barrow Blueray later. Expand
WriteFilmLive21May 15, 2013
"Iron Man 3" is easily as much fun as its predecessors, if not more. Packing all the quick wit and explosive action that's become trademark of this series, this third and highly-anticipated outing sees Tony Stark at his most vulnerable as he"Iron Man 3" is easily as much fun as its predecessors, if not more. Packing all the quick wit and explosive action that's become trademark of this series, this third and highly-anticipated outing sees Tony Stark at his most vulnerable as he fights stoically and sometimes desperately against the will of a mysterious terrorist known as the Mandarin after his home is destroyed. Featuring some great new side characters and welcome old ones, this film definitely ups the scope of Iron Man while retaining the same charm of the others, and is a great piece of entertainment. The only big flaw it has is in its mid-movie twist, which reveals the Mandarin as nothing more than an actor and facade for the true villain, who is both much less intimidating and far more standardized (especially when being played by Guy Pearce). This move might not be quite so deflating if it weren't also for the fact that this character quickly becomes not only a shattered echo of the awesome Mandarin we've been expecting to see, but simply a drugged-up comic relief. It didn't completely ruin the movie for me, but I would have much rather seen a showdown between Stark and Mandarin than Stark and Guy Pearce, particularly since you fully believe beforehand that it was this Mandarin who blew up his house and almost killed Pepper Potts. But despite this, it's definitely worth seeing and definitely worth the title of "Iron Man". Another solid entry from Marvel. Expand
Le__XenomorphDec 16, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To be honest, I was a bit afraid when Jon Favreau stepped off the project of Iron Man 3 since his 2 films were so good. I was afraid that this movie would bomb with a director like Shane Black. But man was I wrong! The movie definitely has a different tone to it I like the darker looking visuals and the increased amounts of humor to offset the struggles of Tony Stark as he tries to fight the "Mandarin." Iron Man 3 is definitely a slight improvement over Iron Man 2. 9/10 (Awesome) Expand
AReviewsJun 17, 2013
Iron Man 3 is extremely exciting, with great action sequences and a good plot, but it isn't better than the first one, but better than the second, but although there are some glitches here and there but still you can pass them away easily andIron Man 3 is extremely exciting, with great action sequences and a good plot, but it isn't better than the first one, but better than the second, but although there are some glitches here and there but still you can pass them away easily and enjoy the ride! Expand
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
Un exciting, dull, boring and a lackluster sequel. Total disappointment, mainly caused by the trailers which made this movie seem epic in scale when really it was the smallest of the 3.
Patrick94Dec 29, 2013
If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin.If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
NotoriousFraudOct 23, 2014
Iron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets AldrichIron Man 3 evolves the character Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) from a cocky playboy to a flawed hero. The theme of old demons is apparent when it begins in Switzerland in 1999 new years eve, Tony who was a different person then meets Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce), a nerdy scientist from AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) Tony blows him off after telling him to meet him on the roof leaving him there. Years later after the events of "The Avengers" Tony is a changed man, no longer just as the hero protecting America from terrorists but now frantically building suits trying to keep the ones he cares about safe after going through a wormhole and learning that there is a big and dangerous universe out there. Shane Black directs a good popcorn flick here taking over from Jon Favreau who directed the first two movies, and in terms of story this is much better than Iron Man 2. If you love seeing Tony Stark chew scenery for two hours you'll enjoy this. Expand
JarodyFeb 11, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron man 3 was the movie that completed the trilogy of the Mcu fan faviroute, Iron man. Firstly, Iron man 3 was a lot more enjoyable than Iron man 2, with more cool action, fights and CGI. As well as the great supporting cast and Robert Downey jrs performance was a lot better than Iron man 2. However there were moments in this film that weren't great. Firstly, while I didn't like this mandarin twist, it wasn't the worst thing about this movie. The villain continues the marvel traditions of mostly having un- developed/cliché villains, in this film, Aldrich Killian, who has the most used backstory of every villain. I felt that there were some stupid moments in this film too and Tony Stark is completely out of character. Altogether while some don't like this film, it is quite enjoyable but I cant help but notice many of the problems. Expand
allystewMay 19, 2013
Iron Man 3. Bigger in every way than 1 or 2 but does that make it better? I'm not sure. The action and 3D special effects are brilliant and the story with a great twist is something different for a Marvel movie. Lots of great comedy as well,Iron Man 3. Bigger in every way than 1 or 2 but does that make it better? I'm not sure. The action and 3D special effects are brilliant and the story with a great twist is something different for a Marvel movie. Lots of great comedy as well, which is fitting with director Shane Blacks previous movies like Lethal Weapon. However I feel my expectations were too high after The Avengers which has set the super hero "bar" so high that Iron Man on his own just can't match. BTW the scene after the credits is not worth waiting for which sums up my slight disappointment. Expand
Skullgirlsfan13May 28, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Originally I really wanted to see this movie, but as it came closer to release date I started losing interest. I ended up seeing it during memorial day weekend, and it was a full house. I just finished it and I have a bit to say. First of all, horrible way of hiding the villain, the minute you see him you can tell he's the villain, they did the same thing in Batman forever. The bad guys Tony has to fight are unclear, in how to kill. They get shot in the head and even get caught in explosions, but they still don't die. Only when they get hit through the chest do they finally die, also the effect they use for them doesn't look that great. The fact that nobody could figure out how the Manderin Attacks occur; even though we see how in the first 15-20 minutes, until a little too late in the film is a bit infuriating. The fact that Tony can now remotely control the suits almost makes him unimportant because now he doesn't have to put himself in danger anymore. Finally the most biggest complaint I have is the fact that Robert Downey Jr doesn't do his normal likeable performances, but feels more like he's on auto-pilot. This is pretty important to like the main character, especially when it's talking about his life story. I guess I should say some positive things about this flick. I like some of the effects like always, but doesn't have that same charm that the first one does. Some of the action scenes are pretty good, the airplane scene in particular is well done. The ending fight with the suits vs the Extremis soldiers is okay, but is bit messy to. At last I think Ben Kingsly performance as an actor is funny; him being a terrorist not so much, I'm glad that they didn't try too make him so serious and decided not make anything possibly offensive. In the end this film is really different from what I expected, what I got wasn't all too bad, but I wanted something else. Expand
OnAnarchyMay 9, 2013
I'll put it as bluntly and as simply as I can; It's not what you expect. The jokes come off strained and poorly written, and the story leaves a lot to be desired. Still, the visuals are amazing, and so is the music (although the lack ofI'll put it as bluntly and as simply as I can; It's not what you expect. The jokes come off strained and poorly written, and the story leaves a lot to be desired. Still, the visuals are amazing, and so is the music (although the lack of AC/DC was somewhat disappointing). Expand