Provident Films | Release Date: May 9, 2014
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 33 Ratings
Watch Now
sanityoverratedSep 22, 2014
Have to confess - maybe I am weird but I enjoyed this movie. Contary to some of the more "professional" critics; I get it. I've been in the big girl world; had a business to run and recieved kudos (& bumps/bruises) that go with thatHave to confess - maybe I am weird but I enjoyed this movie. Contary to some of the more "professional" critics; I get it. I've been in the big girl world; had a business to run and recieved kudos (& bumps/bruises) that go with that world. BUT there is nothing like the (to borrow a 50's term) pink ghetto. Where roles are not as clearly defined; right & wrong are a little hazy (not to mention crazy) some days and you would sell the contents of your entire house for 5 minutes of peace & quiet. Am I a homeschooling mom - nope - but I know that the situations depicted here can & do happen - ask any cop, medical personnel, or pastors family of which I have experience in all 3 areas. Many times truth is stranger than fiction. This movie delievers some powerfulful messages - loved Bones & the very subtle don't judge by apperances. Loved the mom blogger - I've been there & survived & yes -there were many days (&nights) where that was in question (any sane mom/dad that denies this is definitely high on the weird side). Loved the pastor's wife - she expresses some real fears & a couple of interesting observations. The single mom - good job - never a good idea to get between her & her baby. Major thanks to all who dealt with this subject in such an intelligent and respectfull way. Knowing you would be flogged by critics yet trusting the people who are there & have been there to validate the humor & content of this movie was a wise move. I am honored to stand along side this movie & say thanks & yes - I get it so moms go & get it & have a great moms nigt out! Expand
TalleyAug 20, 2014
"When at first you don't succeed...Just sit down and eat cake. Then try again ;)"
Maybe the film in itself wasn't a masterpiece, but its heart was hard to miss. The beautiful true characters, who, yes, maybe are a little over the top sometimes, but still endearing. Being a mum is hard, but it's important. There are harder jobs in the world, of course, but this one is special, we all know that. And life is chaotic and crazy, and finding the meaning in all of it...is hard. Some find it in faith, but not all of us can do it. Some have to find the meaning somewhere else...in all those beautiful moments we share with each other. The writings on the wall that can turn into masterpieces, the breakfasts with too much pepper and many many other. Now this is hard...it's difficult. To not give up. To not give up, when something hasn't quite gone according to plan, when there are million obstacles on the way and when everything is just simply pointless.
The story doesn't always make sense, but life doesn't either. The acting is not always perfect, but we don't all win Oscars everyday for just being us. I laughed many times and even cried a little at others. I say, watch it and see if it was worth it, see what's more important.
T.
lukechristianscSep 7, 2014
i know why critics hates this because they have expectations on humor that is good and bad. Moms Night is not expected as i saw it from the trailer but the movie is amazing good humor , best moments that can will never be forget i want toi know why critics hates this because they have expectations on humor that is good and bad. Moms Night is not expected as i saw it from the trailer but the movie is amazing good humor , best moments that can will never be forget i want to watch it again. Expand
DeepfriedMay 23, 2014
As much fun as masturbating with sandpaper.

The spelling and grammar in the 9 reviews indicates they were all written by home schooled evangelicals. How many alarm bells do you need to avoid this floater?
helpmovingtocalMay 23, 2014
One of the most funniest movie ever i seen in my life time. fun fun fun here.... laugh laugh laugh your best

It's a well acted and it's story truly related to our daily life..
djnestrickMay 16, 2014
Got dragged to this by my wife on Mother's Day. Surprisingly enjoyable. It doesn't try to be anything it isn't. Simple and fun. Wish there were more movies like this...
DalecManningMay 9, 2014
Got a chance to review the movie with the directors.... I thought it was going to be another "faith based" movie that was subpar as compared to industry leading studios....and that it probably couldn't hold its own with other comedies....IGot a chance to review the movie with the directors.... I thought it was going to be another "faith based" movie that was subpar as compared to industry leading studios....and that it probably couldn't hold its own with other comedies....I was pleased that it really was Funny....and well acted...and not over preachy. Really....an important movie about life....especially if you have small children. Expand
blessedwith12May 19, 2014
One of the funniest movies I have seen in a very long time. They didn't rely on bathroom humor, bratty kids or stupid parents for their humor but came up with original, very funny material. Patricia Heaton nails it with her performance of aOne of the funniest movies I have seen in a very long time. They didn't rely on bathroom humor, bratty kids or stupid parents for their humor but came up with original, very funny material. Patricia Heaton nails it with her performance of a pastor's wife. Trace Adkins was fantastic as Bones. But, some of my favorite scenes were with Robert Amaya. We loved him in Courageous and in this movie, he had us laughing until we were crying. I attended the movie with 4 of my kids ages 16-24 - two sons and 2 daughters. The boys pretty much were going just to take me for Mother's Day - not that they thought it would be that funny. Throughout the movie, they were laughing just as hard as the girls and I were. I went with fairly low expectations - knowing that sometimes "Christian" movies do not have the same level of acting or writing as some mainstream movies. This one far exceeded my expectations. The acting was first class - I can't think of one actor that was a weak link in this film. The writing was fantastic! So nice to see that there are writers who actually have ideas besides using profanity or crudity to cover for their lack of inspiration! Expand
Trev29Sep 3, 2014
I like the idea of a family friendly comedy, but the only way to describe this movie is "yikes". It has a story foundation and then it abandons of all that for some really stupid wild goose chase that takes up the majority of the film.
TheQuietGamerSep 5, 2014
I was surprised to learn that this movie has ties to Affirm Films, whose work consists of movies like 2011's "Courageous." That's right it's a christian-based movie aimed at families. While I've enjoyed previous works from them it was becauseI was surprised to learn that this movie has ties to Affirm Films, whose work consists of movies like 2011's "Courageous." That's right it's a christian-based movie aimed at families. While I've enjoyed previous works from them it was because they held true to their beliefs and strongly held them as the basis for their movies. That might have rubbed many the wrong way, but I've always respected them for it.

With Moms' Night Out I feel they kind of sold out. The films christian values are pushed down and the style is reminiscent of the Hangover movies, which means a string of moments that just get bigger and crazier as it goes on, although expectedly toned down. All of it just so they can attract a larger audience. The problem is outside of some rare moments, it isn't all that funny. You can clearly see where the inspiration comes from, and that unoriginality sinks into the humor. You've seen it all before in the r-rated comedies it's trying so hard to be the PG version of.

It also doesn't help that the majority of the characters are annoying stereotypes that are blown wildly out of proportion. Lead Sarah Drew's character is the worst offender. They try hard to capture how difficult motherhood is, but they do it by overly exaggerating the characters "mom" personality to the extreme. IT's annoying.

So the movie tries hard to be something it's not, and quite honestly given it's ties it shouldn't have been anyway. Still it doesn't hurt that it is a wholesome, family film. It's just a shame there are plenty of better options out there. It tries to grab both stressed out mothers and the Hangover movie crowd, and instead ends up pushing them both away. In the process it also alienates the crowd who typically like their movies. It's a sell out that failed to sell out.
csw12Aug 19, 2014
The movie felt like a daycare for 5 year olds except it incorporated a bunch of idiotic adults running around and screaming. When it did calm down for its brief moments, this forced religious undertone took over and the movie became evenThe movie felt like a daycare for 5 year olds except it incorporated a bunch of idiotic adults running around and screaming. When it did calm down for its brief moments, this forced religious undertone took over and the movie became even more ridiculous. Expand
LiluMilcalovaNov 8, 2017
This is the **** movie of the year, boring, really bad jokes and all that christian propaganda is just lame. I enter in metacritic just to let people know about how bad it is. Save yourself of this tragic garbage
LeZeeDec 14, 2016
The mothers' adventure on the night of Mother's Day.

The mothers' adventure on the night of Mother's Day.

I was not interested in this till I saw 'Bad Moms'. A very similar film, but it came first. The Erwin brothers directed it, the ones who made 'October Baby' which I loved it. This film was a slow starter, but once took off, it became non-stop. The entire first act has been just a build up, like how moms are suffering. After that, everything seems so adventurous. It's a one night tale and the plot was developed with a series of confusions. Silly and so random events, but mindlessly enjoyable.

It all begins when three moms were introduced like how they're struggling to maintain the family, particularly the children. During the Mother's day, they decide to take off the night and have a relaxed dinner. But nothing goes according to their plan, and so their adventure begins when their car got stolen, followed by roaming around the city at all night. After all, every story has to end and how this one does was revealed in the remaining parts.

The cast was the best thing I liked. The story was average, because most of the film was improvised than scripted. So some of the parts were funny, though you won't laugh loudly. The end should have been better, except that part the overall film was better than I thought, only entertainment wise. So I had a decent time with it and I can't say you would do the same, but definitely not bad to try once.

PikesNo1Jan 4, 2015
Moms' Night out is a movie for the whole family to enjoy. Its hard to find movies these days without the usual profanities. In some reviews about this movie, people suggests that woman are portrayed as weak and some suggests "stay at home"Moms' Night out is a movie for the whole family to enjoy. Its hard to find movies these days without the usual profanities. In some reviews about this movie, people suggests that woman are portrayed as weak and some suggests "stay at home" Moms are old fashioned. This movie has moral under tones hence some dreadful scores from some reviewers. This movies does a good job at praising the "Stay at Home" Moms. I highly recommend it for family movie nights. Expand
fed104Dec 25, 2014
This was a well planned out comic movie with a strong message. i would definitely watch it again. There were some mild stereotypes in this movie but overall little bias. He killed Mama!
Movie3Jul 15, 2018
There will be people who hate faith based films no matter what, with a closed mind. I thought this funny movie was a nice change from all the constant vulgarity we normally get in comedies these days.