TriStar Pictures | Release Date: June 20, 1997
Stagger74Jul 16, 2021
********************************************************
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Rcavey92212Aug 2, 2020
Ultimately I think this movie is a guilty pleasure but it's just so damn entertaining mostly in a trashy sort of way. Julia Roberts stars as a food critic who begins pining for her hunky best friend played by Dermot Mulroney (Wedding Date)Ultimately I think this movie is a guilty pleasure but it's just so damn entertaining mostly in a trashy sort of way. Julia Roberts stars as a food critic who begins pining for her hunky best friend played by Dermot Mulroney (Wedding Date) after he announces his engagement to a bubbly and layered Cameron Diaz (Mask). And by pining I mean trying to destroy their wedding. All the actors are in top form here Julia Roberts is so great in against type form and Cameron Diaz is fantastically charming but it's Rupert Everett as Roberts's gay best friend who steals the show. He's charming, handsome, charasmatic and so hilarious. All in all it's a fun flick that's has a surprising emotional resonance elevated of course by it's fine cast. Despite slightly sloppy direction.

Budget: $38M
Box Office: $299.3M

8.5/10
BaskApr 23, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cameron Diaz and Rupert Everett starred together in the Shrek (2001) movies, playing Princess Fiona and Prince Charming. Expand
ConsortApr 24, 2021
########################################################;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
geewahJan 27, 2021
I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of rom-com's but this one of the better ones I have seen.
This is Julia Robert's movie but she is also ably supported by Diaz and Everett.
frankbentezNov 22, 2005
loved it....smartest romantic comedy in many years in all respects
0 of 1 users found this helpful
JoeB.Sep 5, 2005
This proves that the critics don't count. The critics were very blah on this movie but the people who saw it loved it. It's very good.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
alleyt1989Feb 25, 2011
Julia Roberts' character is incredibly irritating in the film. The rest of the cast are alright, but Julia manages to get on your nerves and alienate the audience at the same time. Cameron Diaz is stunning, if annoyingly naive at the same time.
beingryanjudeSep 1, 2014
Although it may not have been the ending we were looking for--just like life it is a sweet surprise of a movie. Julia Roberts continues her streak of memorable and top-notch performances.
Aversion68May 2, 2021
++++++++++++×××××××××××÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷=======&*&*&*&*&*&***&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&-----:;,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.●●●●●●
EnzoP.Aug 3, 2009
My Best Friend's wedding is clever, funny, entertaining overall a delightful movie. Julia Roberts is dynamite in this film they picked the best person to play as this role. I was expecting it to be much more laugh out loud then how it My Best Friend's wedding is clever, funny, entertaining overall a delightful movie. Julia Roberts is dynamite in this film they picked the best person to play as this role. I was expecting it to be much more laugh out loud then how it was. Oh ya almost forgot Rupert Everett also acted terrific. I am totally surprised that someone would give this movie a twenty. Now that makes me want to talk to Stephen Hunter to see why is think this movie is a snore. Sure it wasn't a masterpiece but come on a 20? I guess I might never know what was up Hunter's Butt. My advice to you is to see it but remember this is not an Oscar worthy movie. Expand
AutumnM.Dec 8, 2006
I agree that Rupert commands the screen. I think the movie soured as it said sexual desire is more important then promises and best friends. I also agree that it felt like they had to end the movie and they chose the wrong characters. It I agree that Rupert commands the screen. I think the movie soured as it said sexual desire is more important then promises and best friends. I also agree that it felt like they had to end the movie and they chose the wrong characters. It left me feeling that it didn't fullfill the silver screen " girl gets boy , boy gets girl scenario". It should have been Julia Robert, then it would have had the makings of " happily ever after". Expand
Brandond.Feb 9, 2007
Ten years after the movie came out in theaters, I am watching it on TBS television while on vacation in Orlando, FL. Movies on TV usually do not interest me, but MBFW is funny, bright, well acted, and just a good romantic movie. I guess a Ten years after the movie came out in theaters, I am watching it on TBS television while on vacation in Orlando, FL. Movies on TV usually do not interest me, but MBFW is funny, bright, well acted, and just a good romantic movie. I guess a gorgeous Julie Roberts held my attention and that's good since she had the camera for most of the picture. The plot is a pre-wedding love triangle and it easy to get caught up in the threesome's predicament and try to figure out who is going to win the cute boy. I had seen the movie before, but never did figure out who, since none of three were models of honesty in their relationships. Expand
amheretojudgeNov 12, 2019
Roberts is practically given a higher themed role that deserved better treatment and respect than it got.

My Best Friend's Wedding The director P. J. Hogan and the writer Ronald Bass seem to have some sort of miscommunication. For the film

My Best Friend's Wedding

The director P. J. Hogan and the writer Ronald Bass seem to have some sort of miscommunication. For the film feels different on paper and looks completely different on screen. It works for the most part of it and that is its only shield. But I am going to give the credit to the performance. And Julia Roberts is leading the pack. It is her humbling nature, her overconfidence and the mistakes between those moments that makes her vulnerable and desperate. Carrying these many baggages, especially the desperation factor of her character that could easily resonate with the audience and this is not something that is going to help, Roberts is still charming.

She owns the goofiness like no one and what you get is basically a one man show put up with determination but ease. And the first half is basically just that. Just her making wrong decision, throwing herself out, fighting and not regretting it at all. And that is why it remains light footed, entertaining and attractive. And then there is this conversation between Roberts and Dermot Mulroney in a stadium where they stand and reminisce about their relationship.

Now Mulroney is speaking in that scene but the camera is focusing on Roberts and how she deals with these arrays of emotion where she is flattered and scared and goofy and intentionally enticing yet sinister and drunk on her evil one dimensional plans. She covers up the screen and takes over each character just as she has in this article of mine. But you shouldn't complain. Roberts is one of those rare actors that fluently embodies a physically comic role and dives entirely into the absurdity of what it demands. My Best Friend's Wedding has everything that shouldn't work. From a compromising marriage to maid of honor that is rooting for something else. But hey, the food is good.
DefameApr 30, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Julianne Potter: I have a confession. Another confession. Besides that I - love you, this is even worse. The e-mail that Walter sent to your boss - I wrote that. I'm the bad guy.

Michael O'Neill: Are you crazy? Jules, are you - are you completely insane? I mean - I mean - Jules, how could you do that?

Julianne Potter: Michael, it wasn't supposed to get sent. I just - I just wanted you to get mad at Kimmy.

[sighs]

Julianne Potter: God. I have done nothing but underhanded, despicable, not even terribly imaginative things since I got here.

[sighs]

Julianne Potter: But I was ju - Michael, I was just trying to - to win you, to win you back.

[Crying]

Julianne Potter: But that doesn't excuse any of it. I'm pond scum. Well, lower actually. I'm like the - the fungus that feeds on pond scum.

Michael O'Neill: Lower. The pus that infects the mucous... that cruds up the fungus... that feeds on the pond scum. On the other hand, thank you... for loving me that much. That way, it's - it's pretty flattering.

Julianne Potter: Except it makes me fungus.
AssonanceMay 4, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Character error Kimmy is stated to be 20, yet orders an Amstel Light in the karaoke scene, even though this is forbidden by law to people younger than 21. Expand
Bogyophobic34Sep 11, 2021
*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•