CJ Entertainment | Release Date: October 11, 2019
9.0
Universal acclaim based on 647 Ratings
Watch Now
HenrynatorNov 25, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Es una película buena, pero sobrevalorada. Pensé que había algo más oculto en la película que no me había dado cuenta, así que busqué más información y reviews, pero no hay nada más. La verdad es una película que entretiene, a pesar de ser muy larga, pero no tiene nada especial. No es de sorprender que esté tan sobrevalorada por la crítica, porque la crítica ha evolucionado para mal, ahora son más doble-moral que nunca, estigmatizan unas películas y sobrevaloran otras. Entonces, yo recomiendo que la vean y saquen sus conclusiones, pero hay tantos cabos sueltos en la película, que es absurda, además la película lleva una línea interesante, a la cual se le da un giro inesperado, muy bueno, pero el hilo inicial se pierde, luego comenzamos a ver un montón de cosas agregadas que tampoco es normal, muy absurdas diría yo. :::Alerta de Spoiler:::
El final es totalmente estúpido, el asesinato al padre del niño por un gesto, se supo que pasaría en ese momento por la tensión de la película, ¿Pero no es totalmente absurdo?. Nunca hubo algo que hablara del resentimiento del señor por su condición, así que fue algo sin base, además ¿A dónde se iría a esconder? Hasta un niño de 5 años pudo deducirlo, pero no la policía, al parecer son muy ineptos en esa ciudad. Pero no en colmo con eso, añaden una parte final de un supuesto futuro, en el que el mejor plan para recuperar a su padre y dejarlo impune, es hacerse millonario y comprar la casa donde está escondido; La idea más idiota de todas.
GreatMartinNov 8, 2019
After 10 minutes I was ready to leave "Parasite" but I can count on one hand how many movies I have walked out on so I decided to stay and find out why word of mouth was being so positive about the film.

Basically it is the story of how a

Basically it is the story of how a very poor family of 4, parents, son and daughter scams their way into the home of a very wealthy family of 4 consisting of the parents, daughter and son. Really can't talk about the movie itself without giving spoilers, though none of them jolted and/or surprised me.

The movie is 2 hours and 13 minutes of which 13 minutes could have been cut very easily or spent in explaining some relationships that are sort of glossed over.

"Parasite" takes place in Korea and the differences between the classes are made immediately. The film has subtitles that took me a few minutes to get used to but to which I adapted fairly quickly.

I left the theatre glad I didn't walk out but at the same time I really can't see recommending it while, on the other hand, Allen thought it was a classic whodunit.
netflicOct 28, 2019
This is South Korean movie from a famous Korean director Bong Joon Ho.
I saw a few movies made by him, a drama "Mother" and a SciFi "Snowpiercer" and I liked both of them.
This latest movie "Parasite" won the most prestigious prize at Cannes
This is South Korean movie from a famous Korean director Bong Joon Ho.
This latest movie "Parasite" won the most prestigious prize at Cannes festival, Palme d'Or this year. My expectations were mixed: on one hand, both critics and audience *loved* the movie.
On the other hand, it's a black comedy: not my thing.
So I went to see it.
What can I say? Maybe I am missing something here.
I found it not funny at all.
Performances were poor.
The script - ridiculous.
The movie is long: more than two hours. I felt an urge to leave after one hour but I fought it. After an hour and a half I finally left, I could not stand it any longer.
I feel like I am not supposed to rate it since I haven't seen it in its entirety but if I had to, it would be 3 out of 10.
Once again, I am probably missing something here since it is not my genre.
If you usually like black comedies, you may enjoy it as so many people do.
dpromanoJan 1, 2020
The first hours of Parasite is a whirlwind of fun, fascinating, and engaging ideas. Beautiful and inspiring cinematography. The second hour, plus, devolves into a repetitive, rude, ignorant, and self-absorbed malfunction of a movie andThe first hours of Parasite is a whirlwind of fun, fascinating, and engaging ideas. Beautiful and inspiring cinematography. The second hour, plus, devolves into a repetitive, rude, ignorant, and self-absorbed malfunction of a movie and screenplay. Bong should have stopped while he was ahead. Expand
ThomassJan 18, 2020
Basically bad to very bad. Humorous first half turns violent and disgusting. I get that it’s railing against the system, but do we really need buckets of blood to say that? Would avoid .
JWalshJan 5, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Did I watch the parody of the "Parasites" movie that gets such glorious reviews? The rich family had believable characters, but all the grifters in the story were absolutely not believable. The brutally graphic ending was comical, an over exaggerated blood bath mirroring the graphic ending in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (which by the way I loved). The scene was just that absurd. If I had gone solo, I'd have walked out. As it was, I had to force myself to stay with my date as the urge to leave kept waving over me. Expand