CJ Entertainment | Release Date: October 11, 2019
9.0
Universal acclaim based on 647 Ratings
Watch Now
BENNEBOct 11, 2019
To sum this movie it up, it is a black comedy, a thriller, a horror and a social satire in 2 hours. Seems like a lot in 2 hours, but not only is the message of class division clear, Bong presents it in the most accessible and humorous wayTo sum this movie it up, it is a black comedy, a thriller, a horror and a social satire in 2 hours. Seems like a lot in 2 hours, but not only is the message of class division clear, Bong presents it in the most accessible and humorous way while being able to shock his viewer; and everything from the performance of the cast, to the script, to the cinematography and to the production is flawless and jaw dropping.

Calling it a great movie is an understatement. Bong has created a masterpiece and what could possibly his best film so far. Go watch the movie as soon as possible. If you love cinema, this is one movie you have to watch. It will leave you speechless at the end.
BeastJ18Oct 25, 2019
The best film of the year, maybe the best film of the decade. Just one of the best films in general. Joon-ho Bong balances a social thriller, satire and drama, perfectly and effortlessly. The cinematography is as good as I've ever seen in aThe best film of the year, maybe the best film of the decade. Just one of the best films in general. Joon-ho Bong balances a social thriller, satire and drama, perfectly and effortlessly. The cinematography is as good as I've ever seen in a film; the editing keeps it highly engaging; the production design adds the impactful disparity between the classes; the score and sound design adds significant character and emotion to each scene; and the performances are powerfully executed from the whole cast. Parasite deserves all the high praise it is receiving from critics and somehow, it deserves more. Expand
TVJerryNov 3, 2019
The Park family is struggling financially, when the son gets a job teaching English to the daughter of the rich Kim family. In a short time, he brings his parents and sister to work for them…then things take a very dark turn. The film is aThe Park family is struggling financially, when the son gets a job teaching English to the daughter of the rich Kim family. In a short time, he brings his parents and sister to work for them…then things take a very dark turn. The film is a bit slow in the first 3rd (maybe straining to make sure the financial inequality theme is clear), but once the twists start, it departs into unexpected areas (literally and figuratively). Director Bong Joon Ho (best known for Snowpiercer) continues to showcase his skills at creating unique and disturbing storytelling. The combo of humor, suspense and violence lends this film an intelligent, yet visceral quality that's sure to stimulate and surprise. (Korean with subtitles) Expand
MattBrady99Oct 14, 2019
"You know what kind of plan that never fails? No plan. No plan at all. You know why? Because life cannot be planned."

'Parasite' is absolutely fantastic. I'm still buzzing how good this movie is. Unpredictable and nuts. You know, this summer I was starting to get a little worn out with the endless sequels, remakes and soulless crash grabs, so I find it refreshing we get movies like this once awhile.

I admire Bong Joon-Ho as a director, especially his Korean movies. Not to say I dislike his English language films like 'Snowpiercer' and 'Okja', but in my personal opinion those don't match the same quality as his Korean movies and there isn't a sex pest trying to control his work. Anywhere, Bong Joon-Ho is one of the best working directors alive and 'Parasite' proves it.

The movie perfectly blends drama and comedy so effortlessly, it basically breaks the impossible. And the comedy is actually hilarious and well written with the execution being sold on the actors. The thing I love so much is how funny, thrilling and intense the movie can be, hijacking all senses and emotions all wrapped into one - only a few directors can pull something this unique.

The performances from everyone was brilliant and there's so much depth to each character, they make the movie as captivating as it is. The cinematography was beautiful, the music was remarkable, and the movie says so much it's the reason why I was engaged throughout.

I highly recommend people to avoid knowing anything before going in, because trust me it will add to your experience.

Overall rating: Finally, a breath of fresh air. My second favorite movie of this year.
JLuis_001Nov 15, 2019
I wasn't sure what I would find with Parasite beyond the expectations I had for the excellent reviews it has received so far.

But if I should emphasize something about it is its unpredictability in a story that thematically emanates an amazing dramatic darkness and at the same time manages to balance it with a touch of black comedy and certain elements of a mystery thriller.

Parasite is a film completely controlled and designed to be unraveled delicately while you consume its social commentary and understand both sides of the social spectrums of both families and the ending leaves a bitter lesson and yet nothing lacking reality.
You will talk about it quite a bit after finishing it

Parasite is the kind of cinema that is always welcome and always necessary.
Disturbing, dramatic, funny and unpredictable: A triumph.
GrantD243Nov 15, 2019
"Parasite" is about as close to perfect as a film can possibly get. I have zero complaints. Nothing. Give it the Oscar. This is the film that people who have tried to make a case for "Us" as a Film of the Year contender should watch. It"Parasite" is about as close to perfect as a film can possibly get. I have zero complaints. Nothing. Give it the Oscar. This is the film that people who have tried to make a case for "Us" as a Film of the Year contender should watch. It achieves a lot of the same goals while being far better. Expand
GLADIADORNov 18, 2019
É um filme interessante, algumas piadas funcionam mais a maioria não, e ele é muito longo e cansativo, mais o plano da familia para serem contratados foi bom
jibbawattNov 5, 2019
This is not only the best movie of 2019. This is the best movie of the decade. Just go see it.
AlexTkillerNov 23, 2019
Una pelicula impredecible, llena de intriga y giros argumentales, tienes que verla sin saber nada de ella, eso hará que disfrutes mucho mejor
BulgarianCriticNov 10, 2019
This movie was really good.The cinematography was incredible and every shot that was filmed was done so masterfully.The film also does great with mixing comedy,tragedy and suspenfullness.I have barely watched any Korean movies(except trainThis movie was really good.The cinematography was incredible and every shot that was filmed was done so masterfully.The film also does great with mixing comedy,tragedy and suspenfullness.I have barely watched any Korean movies(except train to busan) but i can see that Koreans are making really good movies so i will have to keep an eye on their movies since they really do emotional movies great. Expand
MarkHReviewsNov 2, 2019
In “Parasite,” Writer/Director Bong Joon Ho continues his critique of capitalist economies that, in his judgment, inevitably create economic divides resulting in class warfare. In his earlier films “Okja” (2017) and “Snowpiercer” (2013),In “Parasite,” Writer/Director Bong Joon Ho continues his critique of capitalist economies that, in his judgment, inevitably create economic divides resulting in class warfare. In his earlier films “Okja” (2017) and “Snowpiercer” (2013), Bong used a platform of science fiction to soften the message. With “Parasite,” he employs slapstick and dark humor to leaven a story that, in lesser hands, might have become painfully didactic.

Setting his story in Seoul, Bong has the benefit of dealing with class warfare and economic inequality without the complication of race. South Korea is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world – 96% of the population is Korean.

Bong’s pacing of his story is impeccable. In Act One, we are introduced to the Kim family, literally and figuratively living in the lower reaches of the city, the parents unemployed and struggling, the kids getting by on street smarts. When workers come by spraying white clouds of pesticide in their rodent-infested section of the city, the father advises to leave the windows open: “It’s free extermination.” At the other end of the economic spectrum is the Park family, wealthy beyond reason and totally reliant on others to do anything requiring physical or mental heavy lifting. Bong underlines his premise by conveying clearly that, while they have great wealth, the Parks are not endowed with a particularly high level of intelligence, common sense or self-awareness.

When a wealthy friend of the Kim son creates an opportunity for him to tutor the Park daughter, the Kims use this entry point as leverage, creating jobs for every member of the family within the Park household. So far, the story, is light, bright and slapstick, with only a small vein of dark humor. This tone offers opportunities for non-threatening exposition. Remarking on the Parks’ unlined faces, Mr. Kim intones: “Money is like an iron. It smooths the creases out.”

In Act Two, the story takes a darker turn, initially by exploring the consequences of the Kims’ actions on one of the displaced workers. By the end of the film, class warfare has escalated from bland observations (Mr. Park observes that those who ride on the subway have a “special smell”) to full-on emotional and physical violence. For me, Bong’s thoughtful, subtly-crafted story invoked a fair amount of thought and introspection.

“Parasite” won the top prize at this year’s Cannes Film Festival and is South Korea’s entry for Best International Feature Film at the Oscars. It’s one of the finest films of the year.
ahmedaiman1999Oct 12, 2019
MIND-PARASITIZING!

One of the most exquisitely directed, and well-crafted, films of the decade. Give Joon-ho Bong an Oscar from now! (8.5/10)
m15964Oct 13, 2019
Absolutely magnificent movie from a great great filmmaker that always send the audience to a place that could just say: "WoW, whatafuq...!"
theredskyOct 30, 2019
Parasite is a modern day masterpiece even though it’s not one of my favorite films nor is it my favorite film of the year. I have one tiny issue with the film but it is more of a nitpick. The film’s message is a little on the nose but I don’tParasite is a modern day masterpiece even though it’s not one of my favorite films nor is it my favorite film of the year. I have one tiny issue with the film but it is more of a nitpick. The film’s message is a little on the nose but I don’t have a huge issue with it but it is noticeable. Other than that, this film is perfect. There is not one bad performance in the movie. Cho Yeo-jeong, Park So-dam, and Kang-Ho Song are standouts from the film. All 3 of them have some of the best acting of the year. Their work with a fantastic script that is incredibly well written and clever makes their performance so much more enjoyable. Another aspect I loved was the cinematography. The film’s slow camera movements and slow tracking shots look absolutely beautiful which go along great with the fantastic production design. The film’s story and themes make this film incredible. The story of this poor family slowly infiltrating a rich family only to find out that their house is not what it seems. It’s so incredibly tense. You never know what is going to happen next and it’s always surprising to see what eventually happens. The film has themes of class divide and class warfare throughout which are very profound. The rich family says these lines about how great their life is while the opposite is happening to the poor family. Every time this occurs, you see how the poor family reacts and makes the scene and film itself dramatically more tense. Another thing I liked about the film was the score by Jung Jaeil. His score adds so much more to the tension. I know I’m using the word tension a lot but that’s what this film is. A constant build up of tension scene by scene until it all culminates in the finale. For me, each passing scene left me more and more on the edge of my seat. One final aspect I want to touch on is the humor. Most of the jokes are cleverly written and while some of the jokes may not be that funny, I do appreciate how they were cleverly inserted instead of incredibly forced. Except this film to be on a bunch of Top 10 lists at the end of the year. Overall, Parasite is a fantastic film with great acting, great cinematography, and a powerful story about class divide even if its message may be a little too on the nose. Expand
ThatFilmGuy20Nov 25, 2019
As I write this, I want to describe my raw initial state after I finished the film, I'm in a state of complete awe, staring into the wall kind of awe, Parasite is truly a work of art, a sheer masterpiece.
This film oozes with mastery, every
This film oozes with mastery, every little detail tells a story of its own, I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, it grips hard and it never lets go, it sways between genres gracefully, it offers comedy both dark and light, drama, horror, thrill, and it's all packaged so seamlessly, conveyed to us throughout breathtaking performances across the board, I've watched my share of Korean Cinema to know that's a common thing but Parasite takes it to a whole other level, it materializes thoughts and ideas, things words can not communicate, it is extremely rare to experience such a thing in film, I can only name a small number of movies that actually made me feel this way, just incredible. Director Bong Joon Ho proves that he is a master within his own cross-genre domain, he takes charge and you actually feel like you're in safe hands watching this, he shapes the scenes perfectly, A true master of his trade, Thank You.
In all honesty, I feel like I went through an experiment where the time went still and I experienced a piece of art such as this, I absolutely, wholeheartedly loved every single second of this film, MINDBLOWING.
MurphyBrandonDec 21, 2019
Parasite is satirical, but it's not meant to make you laugh hysterically. It's more sophisticated than that. It takes some unexpected turns that kept it interesting throughout. There is a turning point in the film when everything clearlyParasite is satirical, but it's not meant to make you laugh hysterically. It's more sophisticated than that. It takes some unexpected turns that kept it interesting throughout. There is a turning point in the film when everything clearly starts heading towards a chaotic finish, and it delivered well. Expand
gobagOct 22, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think my life is like that, it was a very deep and content film, thank you. Expand
DerekReideDec 20, 2019
Well...This film is almost a masterpiece, for its genre. Visually stunning, brilliant acting, amazing direction by Bong Joon Ho, and a captivating story drive this film to incredible heights. I’m never too keen on foreign-language films as IWell...This film is almost a masterpiece, for its genre. Visually stunning, brilliant acting, amazing direction by Bong Joon Ho, and a captivating story drive this film to incredible heights. I’m never too keen on foreign-language films as I can’t really understand them even with the captions, but this just glorified them. The only thing I’d say about this film that doesn’t really drive the movie down for me is the pacing was a tad slow, but that would be me nitpicking for any mistakes. Overall, one of 2019’s best for sure. Expand
AvishanHOct 16, 2019
Here it is.My favorite movie from Asian cinema this year.Good Acting,good script and a good directing... Thank you Bong Joon-ho
ArthuuOct 24, 2019
A totally unexpected movie, left me disturbed. It's so good that it feels kind of unreal to be created in 2019. Masterpiece & best one of the year.
AvaresseDec 14, 2019
I usually don't watch movies, my attention span is simply just too short for so many of them. Its for that sole reason I stick mainly to just thrillers and suspense, productions that will keep me at the edge of my seat. And oh boy ParasiteI usually don't watch movies, my attention span is simply just too short for so many of them. Its for that sole reason I stick mainly to just thrillers and suspense, productions that will keep me at the edge of my seat. And oh boy Parasite does not disappoint in that aspect in any way whatsoever. Its a movie full of twists, one wont know what hit 'em.. Expand
ajzeg01Nov 30, 2019
This movie was amazing!!! This is the latest movie from South Korean director Bong Joon-ho, director of The Host, Okja, Snowpiercer and more. This is only the second movie of his that I have seen and it really makes me want to watch more!This movie was amazing!!! This is the latest movie from South Korean director Bong Joon-ho, director of The Host, Okja, Snowpiercer and more. This is only the second movie of his that I have seen and it really makes me want to watch more! This movie is about a poor family who all get jobs working for a rich family as part of a scheme, and it just gets crazier from there. The performances are excellent, the story is interesting, it looks beautiful, it has comedy, it has suspense, it has horror, it has romance, it has everything! My only complaints are that the movie is a little slow in the first act and that sometimes the dialogue went by too fast for me to read the subtitles. This is good writing, and I feel like I missed some of it. I’m a pretty slow reader though, so your experience may differ. And yeah, the movie is presented in its original language and subtitled. If that’s an issue for you, don’t see it. You won’t enjoy it. Otherwise, if you want an exciting and well-made movie that is completely original, go see this movie! It’s one of the best of the year! Expand
Odedy777Oct 15, 2019
Definitely worth watching and for my opinion the best foreign film of the year,
JamesCollierOct 16, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 'Parasite' is without question one of the best films of 2019 and I can see why Joon ho-Bong's film won the prestigious Palme d'Or prize at the Cannes film festival. This is the first film of his that I have seen and I undoubtedly have to watch more of them as I have been meaning to for some time. The film follows a family of a father, mother, son and daughter who are largely down on their luck and unemployed, living in a basement type flat with a low view onto a street usually occupied with a man who gets drunk and urinates down the street in full view of the family. Ki-woo (Woo-sik Choi) who is the son has a college friend called Min (Seo-joon Park) who visits his home and leaves the family a large rock that Min states will bestow wealth upon the family. Min tells Ki-woo that he is going abroad for study and asks him whether he would like to take over as English tutor for this young rich girl he has been tutoring himself. Ki-woo unsure of how he could considering he is not in college nor an english teacher is told by Min that his knowledge is better than most of his college friends and for him not to worry. Ki-woo is hired by the girl's mother Yeon-kyo Park (Yeo-jeong Jo) after he displays his ability to the mother, and this sets in motion a film that offers such varying emotions and surprises throughout that only a few directors of a very able nature could direct a film of this standard. A fantastic ensemble performance with I think particular praise going to Kang-ho Song as Ki-taek Kim the father. His transitions from comedy to drama are seamless as is the film itself and this blend of comedy and drama always lends a hand in making a film great when it is done well as it is in this case. The cinematography by Kyung-pyo Hong was perfect and you can tell when you have an ensemble crew who are masters of their field. It is good to see an East Asian film garnering so much attention and awards buzz. Expand
sasaimaOct 24, 2019
Parasite lives up to all the hype. It's funny, it's thrilling, it's heartbreaking, it's fun.
Bong Joon Ho blew my mind. This film will probably remain in my mind forever.
The must see movie of 2019!
opinion_haverNov 30, 2019
This movie has a little something for everyone; comedy, drama, thriller. A full palette of emotions, masterful cinematography and an immersive and believable story. I'd recommend this to anyone who is willing to anyone who is willing to watchThis movie has a little something for everyone; comedy, drama, thriller. A full palette of emotions, masterful cinematography and an immersive and believable story. I'd recommend this to anyone who is willing to anyone who is willing to watch a movie with subtitles. One of the best films I've seen all year. Expand
bonnie1Oct 27, 2019
The best movie ever! Really amazed by the movie and the actors. Happy to see Koreans making good movies.
Joemama13Nov 15, 2019
Such a good movie. Probably one of the best films ever created. Takes you on a roller coaster of emotions
bkorrasNov 23, 2019
You know a movie's good when you wind up having a dream about it. The last movie that affected me that way was Akira Kurosawa's Ran. The latest to affect me that way is Bong Joon Ho's Parasite. The only other movie I've seen from Bong isYou know a movie's good when you wind up having a dream about it. The last movie that affected me that way was Akira Kurosawa's Ran. The latest to affect me that way is Bong Joon Ho's Parasite. The only other movie I've seen from Bong is Snowpiercer, a film that dealt with the issues of class inequality, in Parasite he returns to this theme, but this time he plays it from a very realistic angle. Bong captures the tension of class disparity superbly, blending grittiness, humour and horror, and striking imagery that completely immerses you in the world he created. The actors all do a superb job, especially Kang Ho-Song, who best exemplifies through his performance, what it feels like to be on the less-fortunate end of the class spectrum. The writing is superb too, in particular how it portrays the struggle to move up the class ladder, using both the optimistic practicality of "planning" and pessimistic impracticality of "dreaming", in a hard-hitting way. This movie forces you to ride the wave with our main characters, all the way up, and down.

The cinematography is beautiful, and the images composed superbly. The way the cinematography captures the architecture of our more-fortunate characters home is breathtaking, so is their lifestyle. No wonder our main characters plot and dream of being in that position, who wouldn't want to be?. The score stands out too. At times it gets super eerie and spacy and combined with the imagery, it helps produce the feeling that you are in a fever dream, and trust me, when the sh*t hits the fan in this, it's a fever dream and then some. I highly recommend this hard-hitting bit of cinema.
SoyHenryVNov 24, 2019
¿La mejor película del año? - Posiblemente. ¿Obra maestra? - Totalmente.

Esta es la primera película del 2019 que se convertirá en un clásico y un gran referente para los cineastas de aquí en adelante.
AaronANov 30, 2019
I rarely log in to write a review.

This move made me instantly log in to post one.
GinaKOct 29, 2019
A great film that deserved to win the Palme D’Or at Cannes. In a strange way, it’s a Korean version of Upstairs, Downstairs, but much more cutthroat and much more fun. You never quite know what will happen next with such wily servants andA great film that deserved to win the Palme D’Or at Cannes. In a strange way, it’s a Korean version of Upstairs, Downstairs, but much more cutthroat and much more fun. You never quite know what will happen next with such wily servants and such clueless and pampered rich people. Expand
willlolOct 27, 2019
Um dos melhores filmes desse século até o momento, sem dúvidas! Apenas assistam e procurem saber o menos possível para terem uma experiência surreal de vida.
moviemitch96Nov 2, 2019
This is a Korean film that I can't quite categorize! I don't know whether to consider it a comedy, drama, thriller, dark comedy, etc., as it contains so many elements of all these genres. One thing I do know is certain though, this is such anThis is a Korean film that I can't quite categorize! I don't know whether to consider it a comedy, drama, thriller, dark comedy, etc., as it contains so many elements of all these genres. One thing I do know is certain though, this is such an interesting and unbelievable film in virtually every way possible! Winner of the Palme d'Or (the French equivalent of an Academy Award) earlier this year at the Cannes Film Festival, this film follows a poor Korean family that attempts to insert themselves into the lives of a rich, upper-class suburban family by getting themselves hired for various jobs for the family, such as a math tudor, chauffeur, cook, etc. They seem intent on even replacing the family and claiming the house for themselves if possible, until they stumble upon something shocking and unexpected within the house. And to say too much else beyond that would ruin the amazing experience of viewing this film for the first time! Really, all I can say is this: No other film this year had me laughing so much during one moment, and then completely on the edge of my seat during another, with certain scenes even leaving me absolutely breathless and speechless! The acting, writing, and dialogue were all so brilliant and razor-sharp as well! The film is layered with so many unexpected twists and turns! I never knew where this film was going or what it'd morph or evolve into next, as each scene and moment always felt so radically different and unpredictable than the last! On top of all that, the film undeniably provides a unique subtext on class, social status, the lengths some will go to for prosperity, and how people within certain classes are often perceived. Overall, I can't even begin to heap enough praise towards this masterpiece of a film! It had just about everything to offer, combined so many favorite elements and genres of mine, and left me flabbergasted by the end to the point where I sat through the entire credits and then some in order to properly process and sit with what I'd just watched! This is far and out one of the best films of the year, maybe even the decade! Expand
Meth-dudeOct 26, 2019
Bong Joon Ho's most recent movie is nothing short than a masterpiece. With great acting performances, beautiful cinematography, an interesting story and weirdly likable characters and a very satisfying third act, Parasite is an instant classic.
Brent_MarchantOct 24, 2019
Dissecting the struggle between the classes through the lens of innate human nature -- regardless of class status -- provides the foundation for this rip-roaring black comedy/social satire, one of those rare films that grabs your attentionDissecting the struggle between the classes through the lens of innate human nature -- regardless of class status -- provides the foundation for this rip-roaring black comedy/social satire, one of those rare films that grabs your attention and holds it from start to finish without letting go. Building on themes explored in such previous works as "Snowpiercer," writer-director Bong Joon Ho serves up a riveting, ruthless offering that makes its point clearly but without being heavy-handed or cartoonishly over the top. In doing so, the filmmaker dishes out a wealth of utterly hilarious humor about subjects that ultimately prove to be no laughing matter. Easily one of the year's best, sufficiently award-worthy in many respects, especially in its superb writing, the fine performances of its excellent ensemble cast and a thought-provoking message that should give us all a lot to think about. Expand
TakoxNov 3, 2019
The biggest surprise of the year. I went to watch the movie without knowing very well what I was going to find, and I left delighted. The artistic direction is 10/10, and the mix of drama, comedy and thriller make the two hours and peak thatThe biggest surprise of the year. I went to watch the movie without knowing very well what I was going to find, and I left delighted. The artistic direction is 10/10, and the mix of drama, comedy and thriller make the two hours and peak that the movie lasts by flying. Totally recommended. Expand
hugoferreiraOct 31, 2019
I am speechless. It doesn't get any better than this. This film is a masterpiece and I can't see any better coming this year. Joon-ho Bong keeps on getting better and it's one of the best storytellers of our times, with this film being hisI am speechless. It doesn't get any better than this. This film is a masterpiece and I can't see any better coming this year. Joon-ho Bong keeps on getting better and it's one of the best storytellers of our times, with this film being his Magnum Opus. It touches so many aspects of life with geniality and a dash of dark humor. All is a metaphor and all is explicit, genius. After only one week of it's premier, in my country, I went to one of the few theaters were this film was actually available. Expecting to have a room for myself, this little theater was full, completely full. It just demonstrates that people look also for something more than all the regurgitated bull**it that Hollywood has to offer. Don't miss this film and enjoy it. Expand
GiesonDec 2, 2019
Easily the best movie of 2019. A great movie, it entertains, it thrills and it shocks, thanks to a perfect direction by Bong and some incredible performances from the cast.
SlackerkingOct 20, 2019
It’s never less than interesting and watchable but in the end for me there are so many better Korean movies that it doesn’t live up to the hype of my expectations.
lurcasJan 11, 2020
Parasite is one the best movies I have watched hands down! Highly recommended
ScotlandSlagDec 5, 2019
Amazing film. Authentic, real, and a story I have never seen put to film before. Highly recommend. 10/10
622495905229283Jan 9, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie is the best of the year.
There will always be movies like this Befitting oscar
loadingrandeOct 11, 2019
everything about this movie is outstanding. saw it a couple months ago (and rewatched today) and it never got out of my mind. easily the best movie of the year. one of the bests of the decade, or even of the century. Bong is extraordinary.everything about this movie is outstanding. saw it a couple months ago (and rewatched today) and it never got out of my mind. easily the best movie of the year. one of the bests of the decade, or even of the century. Bong is extraordinary. the performances are legendary. the script, production, everything - it will leave u speechless. totally recommend. if it isn't nominated for best picture at the oscars i think imma go insane Expand
kayhamedOct 10, 2019
A film that finally satisfied me after many years. thank you Bong joon-ho. :)
incleyoonOct 11, 2019
okay but this is the BEST movie of 2019!!!! thank you bong joo, this movie is art
carlosloboOct 11, 2019
a **** Masterpiece, deserve all the awards, the best of 2019 without questioning
Jep_GambOct 12, 2019
Best Movie I’ve seen this year. So thrilling and clever. Please watch it in the Theaters.
MarcDoyleOct 11, 2019
I've seen a ton of movies this year, and this one is clearly in my top group. The storytelling is phenomenal, the visuals are beautiful, and even though things get a touch "heavy" in the final third with regard to driving the theme home,I've seen a ton of movies this year, and this one is clearly in my top group. The storytelling is phenomenal, the visuals are beautiful, and even though things get a touch "heavy" in the final third with regard to driving the theme home, it's just an amazing film. The actors are uniformly fantastic. What starts as sort of a grift/heist/scheme that's light and hilarious turns touching, and emotional. It's not as momentous as last year's Roma, but if there's justice, this one will get a Best Picture nod, and will actually have a shot to win. Of course, I'm not staking anything of value on that... I have a feeling that academy voters don't watch many of these films. Expand
wevertonaguiiarOct 11, 2019
Claramente o melhor filme de 2019, até então. Uma obra de arte que trata sobre assuntos delicados sem parecer exagerada. Nos faz pensar e ver os detalhes. O roteiro e a direção de Bong Joon-ho estão entre os melhores trabalhos que eu já vi.Claramente o melhor filme de 2019, até então. Uma obra de arte que trata sobre assuntos delicados sem parecer exagerada. Nos faz pensar e ver os detalhes. O roteiro e a direção de Bong Joon-ho estão entre os melhores trabalhos que eu já vi. Simplesmente incrível. Expand
thenakedmoleOct 14, 2019
Unpredictable, unique story, fantastic cinematography, and great acting. I can't recommend enough. At the moment this is easily my favorite movie of 2019.
YeetusMcGeetusOct 25, 2019
Absolutely beautiful, disturbing, and politically timely. I was blown away by Parasite! Go in blind, with no expectations, and you will be shocked to your core!
FarheenOct 13, 2019
Insanely good. I'm still shaken by it and deeply touched at the same time.

I have no idea how Meta and Rotten tomatoes' rated Black Panther higher than this. Clearly something off.
bokchoi1018Oct 15, 2019
We are in 2019, and yet there is a movie that from the start till the end, I cannot predict what is going to happen. The most unique Korean movie, and definitely one of the best Korean movies and Bong Joon Ho's best directed movie I have ever seen.
matthewmirlianiOct 15, 2019
Parasite is a twisty, energetic ride at the movies, balancing a light-heartedness with thriller-like tension. Aside from its enjoyability as a film - largely due to its superb cast and writing - Parasite makes a visually stunning statement onParasite is a twisty, energetic ride at the movies, balancing a light-heartedness with thriller-like tension. Aside from its enjoyability as a film - largely due to its superb cast and writing - Parasite makes a visually stunning statement on class and society in the modern age. It’s not always perfect, and may stretch itself to wild extremes, but it’s a cinematic experience you’ll want to come back to again and again, and one of 2019’s definite must-sees. Expand
AnotherBRgamerOct 11, 2019
Uma obra prima do cinema coreano e um dos melhores filmes de 2019. Sem mais.
NG89Oct 18, 2019
"What happens to a dream deferred?" (L. Hughes) Parasite creator Bong Joon-Ho agrees with Hughes that it could dry up, rot, stink, sag like a heavy load, and explode, but more importantly it devastates. A (probably) once charismatic and"What happens to a dream deferred?" (L. Hughes) Parasite creator Bong Joon-Ho agrees with Hughes that it could dry up, rot, stink, sag like a heavy load, and explode, but more importantly it devastates. A (probably) once charismatic and driven father, Ki-taek, reduces himself to a man with no plan. Further, he reveals to his son that this is the best plan of all - as you can't get let down that way. Classism rules the screen as the Philistine Park family does South Korea. They know no true love, no appreciation for art, and no hobbies, but their money buys them pseudo-happiness- at the expense of Ki-taek's family and the rest of the poor who share his scent. The director adds family dynamics, humor, suspense, gore, and scenery to a film that can only be categorized as art. Best film of the year! Expand
doodlermanOct 14, 2019
Absolutely incredible. One of Bong Joon-Ho's best. It's darkly funny, loaded with suspense, and has a deep socio-economic statement that's timely and deep. The cast is awesome, the direction is awesome, the music, the cinematography -Absolutely incredible. One of Bong Joon-Ho's best. It's darkly funny, loaded with suspense, and has a deep socio-economic statement that's timely and deep. The cast is awesome, the direction is awesome, the music, the cinematography - everything is awesome. PARASITE, thus far, is easily my favorite film of the year. Expand
PlasticsOct 19, 2019
Fantastic filmmaking. One the most revolutionary Golden Palms in recent history. An exquisite popcorn flick that contains all your favorite genres in a two-hour long roller-coaster social satire
Black-TemplarOct 15, 2019
I have zero interest in Kdrama series, Kpop or just K-musical and cinema industry in general.

But this movie, God damn that it's a must watch!
The3AcademySinsOct 25, 2019
This movie is arguably the best thriller I have seen in years. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire runtime, and I can honestly say I never knew what was going to happen next. I am not going to spoil any plot elements in this review,This movie is arguably the best thriller I have seen in years. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire runtime, and I can honestly say I never knew what was going to happen next. I am not going to spoil any plot elements in this review, because I believe you should be as shocked as I was by the time the credits rolled!

Every single element that went into crafting Parasite is flawless. The composition of every single shot was immaculate. The soundtrack was intense and beautiful. The acting was out of this world phenomenal. The direction is beautiful. The writing is very well done, and, a lot like Joker, is political without being political. Parasite has a lot to say about classism, and it touches on the relationship of North and South Korea with a perspective that was completely new to me as an outsider. This is a masterfully crafted film, and I hope everyone who can see this movie does.

This is truly Bong Joon-Ho's best work. I was sucked into this movie, and I couldn't believe how good it was. I'm not the best at Oscar predictions or anything like that, but this movie won the Palme d'Or, very deservedly I might add! I think this will be a shoo-in for Best Foreign Language Film in all of the USA awards this year.
mickdipsNov 6, 2019
The most prominent aspect of the movie that appealed to me personally, was how the camera takes its time revealing a scene. Just like someone who is watching something unfold in front of them but not completely grasp what they are seeing. ItThe most prominent aspect of the movie that appealed to me personally, was how the camera takes its time revealing a scene. Just like someone who is watching something unfold in front of them but not completely grasp what they are seeing. It takes on the role of a curious bystander watching it knowing something big is about to happen but not knowing when. In a few words, the movie is - Hilarious, Tragic, Scary and Thrilling at the same time. Expand
KeithDowNov 3, 2019
There's an unmatched clarity and precision to Bong Joon Ho's filmmaking. Parasite doesn't fit neatly into a genre box--it's part drama, part thriller, and part mystery--and the overall spectacle is indeed a worthy winner of Cannes FilmThere's an unmatched clarity and precision to Bong Joon Ho's filmmaking. Parasite doesn't fit neatly into a genre box--it's part drama, part thriller, and part mystery--and the overall spectacle is indeed a worthy winner of Cannes Film Festival's top prize, the Palm d'Or. Expand
KaituneOct 11, 2019
I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this movie. A definite must see for everyone.
scarcytyOct 14, 2019
A delicious movie that keeps on serving every minute of its runtime. With gorgeous shots and incredible acting from the cast, this film will be remembered for years.
FOTCHOct 23, 2019
This is a TYPICAL movie of the best director in the world ( Bong Joon Ho). But it has all the best of BJH's style in one time. Perfect script, visuals and so on.
firstloveOct 13, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. __
___
____
_____
_______
________ ______________
_________________

Between rank and stairs...
JeremySlatherOct 27, 2019
It is plain and simple the best movie of this year. Parasite keeps evolving and changing while being always engaging and fun. It is one of the best movie watching experiences you will ever experience - a must-see.
ReubenIsAGodDec 1, 2019
This is the best film of the year. It is beautiful. thought-provoking, and truly is the most shocking/surprising gems that have been created. The plot centres around a family struggling to get buy and make ends meet. That is all I'll say inThis is the best film of the year. It is beautiful. thought-provoking, and truly is the most shocking/surprising gems that have been created. The plot centres around a family struggling to get buy and make ends meet. That is all I'll say in regards to the plot. It's something to experience and watch unfold. I didn't know anything about the film walking in and was blown away. Totally recommended. Expand
Compi24Oct 29, 2019
With a first act that unfolds like something of a cheeky Aesop fable for the 21st century, a third act that feels like something straight out of a true crime novel, and a second act that somehow ties these two disparate bookends together,With a first act that unfolds like something of a cheeky Aesop fable for the 21st century, a third act that feels like something straight out of a true crime novel, and a second act that somehow ties these two disparate bookends together, "Parasite" effortlessly skyrockets into the heights of memorability for not only this year, but for the past few years, as this is one movie I'm going to have a hard time shaking for days, if not weeks from now. There's so much to every layer of this movie, and co-writer/director Bong Joon-Ho's refreshingly specific vision is the fulcrum of it all. The narrative is so unique, featuring a latter half that's chock-full of events you absolutely can't see coming. The imagery and colors within each frame grow in terms of vibrance as the film goes on. And the overall tone is so brilliantly difficult to pin down to just one note, ultimately giving this movie one of the most incredibly specific voices I've heard in a theater for quite some time. It is, without a doubt, one of the year's greatest feats to behold. Expand
AoneDec 19, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. House under water and tent over the water. The movie PARASITE is the reality we do not want to see. Expand
Remus23Oct 13, 2019
My first korean movie, one of the best movies I saw this year, a simple comedic concept which goes into a complex development, amazing acting, emotional and excellent camera work, frame composition and color. I think its a 10 I'm not a criticMy first korean movie, one of the best movies I saw this year, a simple comedic concept which goes into a complex development, amazing acting, emotional and excellent camera work, frame composition and color. I think its a 10 I'm not a critic and for me it felt refreshing and proved once again that asian know movies. Expand
kmac73Dec 6, 2019
I liked Snowpiercer, didn’t care for Okja but Parasite was about as perfect as a film can be. A hilarious and brutal depiction of inter and intra class struggle. Must see; not just best of the year but one of the best of all time.
dharmaJan 11, 2020
Bong Jon-ho and the rest of Korean cinema is giving Hollywood a run for its money, and this film is a proof of that. The fact that Western audiences praises this flick like its the second coming is a little too much. Yes, it is highlyBong Jon-ho and the rest of Korean cinema is giving Hollywood a run for its money, and this film is a proof of that. The fact that Western audiences praises this flick like its the second coming is a little too much. Yes, it is highly original, and yes, it shifts its tone from broad comedy to thriller with incredible ease, but Korean cinema has been doing that for the last 2 decades or so. If it takes this flick for film fans to be aware of this incredible film industry, then so be it. Expand
katezoeNov 18, 2019
Electrifying! Top five movie of the year. Lives up to the rave reviews. Deservedly won Best Film at Cannes Festival. Director at the top of his form! Black comedy, satire, thriller, amazing.
gracjanskiDec 22, 2019
The black humour and some scenes are so funny, that they make the movie already very good. But it is also clever in the beginning, where it shows, how the parasite family is getting into the rich family. Fortunately the movie doesnt show theThe black humour and some scenes are so funny, that they make the movie already very good. But it is also clever in the beginning, where it shows, how the parasite family is getting into the rich family. Fortunately the movie doesnt show the rich family as evil, but they seems to be too simple. Expand
djpooriaDec 4, 2019
Everything is new . This movie was bloody fantastic. A strong and unpredictable script. The camera moves along with the cast and storytelling. Different and shocking ending. I enjoyed watching this movie.
wayne_poshJan 21, 2020
Bong Joon Ho’s 2019 release opens with a sub-ground level view out of a semi-basement window outlooking the alleyway of a Korean slum that will play the setting for most of the first act of the film. As the camera settles on this view, HangulBong Joon Ho’s 2019 release opens with a sub-ground level view out of a semi-basement window outlooking the alleyway of a Korean slum that will play the setting for most of the first act of the film. As the camera settles on this view, Hangul characters discreetly faze into frame and are quickly translated to the American title: Parasite. This seemingly menacing title (for who has any good memories of a parasite?) is in stark contrast to the equally seemingly innocuous backdrop. This opening frame acts as the films first (of many) contradictions that keeps the viewer intrigued and constantly guessing what will happen next all the way up to its thrilling and touching finale.

The film centers around the Kim family: a hard-on-their luck family existing (just barely) amongst the previously mentioned alleyways of the slums that make up the bedrock of this unnamed Korean metropolitan. The family is shown as goofy, well-meaning, cheap, and ultimately entirely relatable. The interesting characters are brought to life by the apparently impeccable talents of the entire main cast. Kang-ho Song acts as patriarch to the Kim family but never acts as the boss. Each family member has a strength to balance any apparent weaknesses they may have. The performances are broad yet nuanced and the dialogue reaches every emotion on the spectrum while always maintaining a hint of comedy. Every character is given a chance to pine as well as get a laugh. If the trailers and posters scare or baffle you, know this: the acting in this movie is worth the cost of admission on its own. The cinematography and writing are all icing on this character-driven cake.

That’s not to say the look and writing of this film are not high points on their own. American viewers will automatically find the Korean setting to be a breath of fresh air with great shots of modern architecture contrasting the dreary shambles of the slums. In every frame of the film, the filmmaker attempts to make the background just as important a character as the people delivering lines. And as the viewers become more accustomed to the diverse settings, the plot constantly creates doubt in our securities and hints at something sinister behind every corner. At the moment you feel most safe, Bong introduces something new that shakes and upturns every notion you built up to that point. This all culminates in a showdown that both strips the viewer of all safety while at the same time establishes a new hope. Walking into the cinema as this film begins, the viewer has a pretty good idea of what kind of film they are in for. But as each scene shifts and every conversation is had in the film, the viewer is treated to something completely new and equally satisfying. The viewer will laugh and cry, cheer and gasp, all while cringing and gripping their seats and this is not an experience offered often to a modern audience. In an age of paint-by-numbers blockbusters, this gem offers a shining example of how great storytelling can be different and completely unsafe. Bong Joon Ho’s own concern about Western audiences reservations about subtitled films rang even more resonant after my viewing as Parasite offers one of the best reasons to hurdle that 1-inch barrier.
AndremaxDec 3, 2019
Parasite is funny and clever at the same time. Through trickster reality, plot is developed under a lot of intelligence and it's almost impossible doesn't hold yourself until movie's end. Probably this year's best movie.
naufri27Jan 2, 2020
Sin ser la película redonda que la crítica parece hacernos creer, sí que la he disfrutado en el cine debido a ese toque de realismo en el comportamiento humano y, sobre todo, a su crítica social que, sin ser demasiado profunda, siempre seSin ser la película redonda que la crítica parece hacernos creer, sí que la he disfrutado en el cine debido a ese toque de realismo en el comportamiento humano y, sobre todo, a su crítica social que, sin ser demasiado profunda, siempre se agradece que se tenga en cuenta. La interpretación de todo el reparto cumple sobradamente y nos ayuda a situarnos tanto en la primera mitad de la película, más amable, como en la segunda mitad más cruda. Las dudas que pueda plantearte quedan disueltas con un final brillante. Expand
everettDec 18, 2019
Brilliant. The writing, acting and directing combine for a social satire that I still can't get out of my mind. The images will haunt you, and bring home the real divide that exists across the world - that of class - and its cost in human terms.
bcdserraJan 11, 2020
You may be 14, you may be 40. You may be Korean, Russian or Belgian. None of those matter because there is one certitude: You will LOVE this masterpiece and it's universal, original story. On top of that it has great actors, beautifulYou may be 14, you may be 40. You may be Korean, Russian or Belgian. None of those matter because there is one certitude: You will LOVE this masterpiece and it's universal, original story. On top of that it has great actors, beautiful cinematography, it's fantastically paced and just a lot of fun really. Realising what the fuss was all about after watching it is a twist in itself. Enjoy ! Expand
avr50Jan 15, 2020
Parasite is the kind of movie that needs to be seen by everyone. This film is funny, is suspenseful, is a satire, it has everything. Bong Joon Ho has created a complete masterpiece fill with amazing performances, great cinematography,Parasite is the kind of movie that needs to be seen by everyone. This film is funny, is suspenseful, is a satire, it has everything. Bong Joon Ho has created a complete masterpiece fill with amazing performances, great cinematography, excellent music and a screenplay that will be studied for years to come. Expand
TaywinDec 14, 2019
This movie forces me to make this review. It's a masterpiece, watch it, you will never forget it.
PanchogulDec 15, 2019
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mi punto de vista e impresiones:

Una sátira sobre las clases sociales que en definitiva no dejará indiferente a nadie.

Es difícil encasillar a esta película en un género porque realmente tiene de todo.

Leí excelentes críticas que la calificaban como una de las mejores películas del año y de la década y ahora que acabo de verla, es completamente cierto, en mi opinión tiene todos los méritos para ubicarse en el primer puesto de la mejor película del año, disculpando a Joker y a Midsommar que hasta el momento compartían el primer puesto, pero me tomaré el atrevimiento de ubicarlas a ambas en el segundo lugar y a Parasite no hay nada que la saque del primer puesto y saben el por qué? La trama es interesante, los personajes son fabulosos y muy ingeniosos, el ritmo es atraparte y el guión y dirección son absolutamente increíbles, ambos son sumamente inteligentes, mordaces y por sobre todo sublimes, estoy realmente fascinado por la película que acabo de ver, se las recomiendo a todo dar.

Sobra decir que le doy 5 ⭐ de 5 ⭐
HipsterDufusDec 10, 2019
I actually think this may be the best movie I've seen this year. Very well done, its funny, dark, emotional, intriguing and definitely will keep you on your toes for what happens next which is very unpredictable. A very good story line andI actually think this may be the best movie I've seen this year. Very well done, its funny, dark, emotional, intriguing and definitely will keep you on your toes for what happens next which is very unpredictable. A very good story line and well directed. Bravo! Expand
alejandro970Dec 31, 2019
From South Korea, the movie that will be the worst nightmare of Almodovar and Scorsese. Dark comedy, drama and suspense in the vein of Hitchcock are mixed masterly in the story for a family of phonies and his dastardly art of getting awayFrom South Korea, the movie that will be the worst nightmare of Almodovar and Scorsese. Dark comedy, drama and suspense in the vein of Hitchcock are mixed masterly in the story for a family of phonies and his dastardly art of getting away with it, or almost. Unexpected twists and an unpredictable end will make this one be tattoed in the memory of viewer. Rush! Expand
mitokioDec 17, 2019
Not a fan of the director (I loathed Snowpiercer) and movies with this must critical acclaim usually suck. But by far the movie of the year. In tone, in terms of black humor/crime/thriller it "feels" like the same world as Joker. AmazingNot a fan of the director (I loathed Snowpiercer) and movies with this must critical acclaim usually suck. But by far the movie of the year. In tone, in terms of black humor/crime/thriller it "feels" like the same world as Joker. Amazing visuals and lots of interesting layers to sift through. I think you can watch it just as a movie and enjoy it. It's not supposed to be realistic, but stylized, so go in knowing that. But pay attention and this movie is deeply rewarding. The disgust the rich people have for what was found in the car and how they use it in role play later on... the father telling his son that planning life doesn't work and then the ending... the subtle and clever aspects of the class struggle and how the house plays into it. So many layers if you want to look for it. This is an astonishing piece of well crafted fiction. Expand
DeanomiteJan 13, 2020
The reputation this has developed as movie of the year is well earned, it is beautifully photographed, perfectly acted and scripted. There is not much else to add, i bet there is an american remake on the way, it will win best picture.
JokohamaJan 19, 2020
Such incredible thriller with attractive flow of story. This is a must-see movie of 2019.
kirkenderJan 14, 2020
Parasite is a wonderful experience. It's grounded in the amazing realism of our actual world, but given a bit of a push into the surreal. What if the 99% infiltrated each others lives to get closer to something like the lives of the 1%? It'sParasite is a wonderful experience. It's grounded in the amazing realism of our actual world, but given a bit of a push into the surreal. What if the 99% infiltrated each others lives to get closer to something like the lives of the 1%? It's a tasty premise fully realized. The acting is fantastic, and its funny as hell. I'm sure everyone will take something different from it, it's one of those truly skilled works of art that most filmmakers can only hope to attain after a lifetime of creating. Watch it. The audience I saw it with was highly confused and you probably will be too. Expand
eded9999Dec 30, 2019
Very good.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
DOLLAR_376Jan 22, 2020
An instant classic that keeps you hooked from beginning to end. It is easy to watch, but deep and ambiguous at the same time, with outstanding performances and excelent direction by Bong Joon Ho.
XV_Jan 14, 2020
I can't recommend enough this movie to anybody, it has amazing rhythm and editing that it makes it look like it is easy. The plot slowly but surely unveils and it gives you enough clues for you to uncover a lot of its themes beforehand, notI can't recommend enough this movie to anybody, it has amazing rhythm and editing that it makes it look like it is easy. The plot slowly but surely unveils and it gives you enough clues for you to uncover a lot of its themes beforehand, not that is predictable mind you, but is not unfair or cheap, so several views are recommended.

I don't want to speak a lot of the plot so I won't spoil anything, but is not only an extremely well done and entertaining movie, it also serves as an actual social commentary about the poor and the wealth, it is also so well written that it doesn't tell you a moral, it makes you question yours. Please see it with an open mind and make your own conclusions.
invinciblexJan 14, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. insane of ths 2019.
The best movie of 2019 has everything: great acting, fabulous screenplay, with funny, tense and plot-twist moments, excelent directing, social critics and acid jokes
BrunoVn00Jan 22, 2020
I love how this manages to be a crowd-pleasing, straight-forward and accesible film but also a thought-provoking, well shot, incredibly well written and acted movie. It's so much in so little time. This movie achieves to be in like fiveI love how this manages to be a crowd-pleasing, straight-forward and accesible film but also a thought-provoking, well shot, incredibly well written and acted movie. It's so much in so little time. This movie achieves to be in like five different genres and never feels inconsistent. The transition from a standard drama to a comedy, then to a horror film, then to back to a drama, back to a comedy and so on feels so natural and never took me away from the movie. This might be one of the most funny non-comedy films of 2019, one of the best acted, one of the best written and one of the most entertaining yet complex films I've seen in 2019. There wasn't a single moment that felt slow or boring, the movie never stops and constantly moves forward to show us something new about the characters and the story and does it in an incredibly entertaining and engaging way. This movie is also really intense. It creates tension so well while also making you laugh or feel scared or disturbed. It's just too much to handle. It's a complete cinematic experience that I think I didn't get with any other movie I saw last year and I've at least seen all the Best Picture Oscar nominations and I have to say that this is the best out of all of them. Like the director said in his Golden Glibes speech: "Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films" and he's absolutely right. Expand
zNeverSleepingDec 17, 2019
Um dos melhores filmes de 2019, sem sombras de duvidas!

Um dos melhores filmes de 2019, sem sombras de duvidas!

Uma surpresa que me pegou em cheio. Talvez esse seja o filme mais completo que já assisti. Ele tem diversos gêneros, mas não assume nenhum. Tem diversos dilemas e reflexões, mas não se abstêm deles. Contém um finale tão impressionantemente imprevisível que é de té tira o ar. Fora as atuações que estão perfeitamente bem alocadas.
joaogabriNov 26, 2019
Perfeito, o melhor filme do ano e não tem discussão. Direção, roteiro e montagem no máximo. Bong Joon-ho está em outro nível.
dja230197Dec 16, 2019
The most fun and surprising film of the decade. A crowd-pleaser for critics and the general public alike. One of the finest works of Bong JoonHo and his amazing cast. An almost faultless film, with nothing but attention-grabbing scenes fromThe most fun and surprising film of the decade. A crowd-pleaser for critics and the general public alike. One of the finest works of Bong JoonHo and his amazing cast. An almost faultless film, with nothing but attention-grabbing scenes from start to finish. A mix of dark comedy, drama, thriller, and themes on social class make this film enjoyable and interesting without any particular protagonist or antagonist in the plot. Expand
MovieRiffingJan 6, 2020
Parasite stands atop the rest of the competition as the best film of 2019. Director Bong Joon-ho delivers his masterpiece, a film that has you hooked from the very beginning. Over the course of Parasite's runtime, it draws you deeper andParasite stands atop the rest of the competition as the best film of 2019. Director Bong Joon-ho delivers his masterpiece, a film that has you hooked from the very beginning. Over the course of Parasite's runtime, it draws you deeper and deeper into its world, demanding more and more of your attention. Just when your investment in the characters peaks, Bong Joon-ho takes Parasite off the rails and delivers a striking message on the innate struggles between classes. Add in fantastic performances and cinematography, and you have the must-see film of 2019. Expand