Paramount Pictures | Release Date: August 17, 2001
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 138 Ratings
Watch Now
andrewrNov 16, 2005
"Should have bought a squirrel" This movie is awsome!
2 of 2 users found this helpful
AlexHJun 15, 2009
How do people think this movie is good? Rat Race is a horrible, annoying, and unfunny movie that should've never been made.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
House0fWolves_Dec 16, 2011
Hilarious film with an uncountable amount of great actors pitching in. My only issue is regarding the ending - how cheesy could you get? I didn't ask for a heartwarming comedy. I feel heartless saying this, but I'm being honest.
matroycemMay 13, 2013
Basic plot is a Rich Casino owner setups up a competition with Random people in the Casino to race to a destination where $1 million is up for grabs.
Now the main issue. Every single person involved in this has issues or is completely insane. There is not a single sane moment. The film explodes in Slapstick style with idiotic moments throughout. Its almost as if they had an stupidity play book and were marking things off as they go. A lot of the jokes are pretty tasteless.
The characters get a bit of development throughout but its not enough for you to side with anyone. This may be the point of the film. The film closes in a friendly manner but the film just doesn't have any redeeming features. I really would not recommend this to anyone.
HalfwelshmanJul 21, 2012
An ensemble cast of such comedy talent as this should really be funnier. The two biggest hitters woefully under-perform - Rowan Atkinson relies on his tried-and-tested Mr Bean facial expressions along with an awful Italian accent, and JohnAn ensemble cast of such comedy talent as this should really be funnier. The two biggest hitters woefully under-perform - Rowan Atkinson relies on his tried-and-tested Mr Bean facial expressions along with an awful Italian accent, and John Cleese just has goofy false teeth and his Basil Fawlty laugh. The premise of the film should be comedy gold - eccentric millionaires betting on a rag-tag group of misfits racing towards a bag of money in New Mexico, but the only character relationship in the film that is even remotely rewarding to watch is between Brecklin Meyer's chilled-out attorney and Amy Smart's helicopter pilot with "issues". Their scenes are are sweet and funny, but far too infrequent. You've unfortunately got to spend time with all the other characters, who are all annoying and 2-dimensional. The funniest thing in the whole film is an unexpected cameo by Kathy Bates as a lady selling squirrels to passing motorists. Who is this film for? It's presented like a kid's cartoon show, but also has swearing, sex and childbirth jokes, and even a sequence featuring neo-Nazis. So it's not for intelligent adults, nor for children who don't know any better. We can only conclude that Jerry Zucker is catering for idiots. Rat Race has a couple of smile-worthy jokes, Smash Mouth generously perform at the film's finale, and I suppose you could say that it trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to comment on the greed of human nature, but beyond that it's a childish, insultingly dumb and unfunny affair. Expand
Trev29Sep 2, 2012
This was such a perfect story. Every character was funny and the premise is just wonderful. So many memorable lines and scenes. It is laugh out loud hysterical. Love it!
csw12Sep 2, 2012
A pretty clever movie with lots of big names. Everybody has their moments and there is laughs throughout the movie. The really good thing about the film is that it is a teenage sex comedy which is a relief.
SEROJMay 27, 2013
"Rat Race" is one of the best comedies ever! It has a lot action,fun and quest! The characters are unique and amazing! The roads to the 2 million dollars are hilarious! And the ending was superb! It's just a MUST WATCH for everybody! I"Rat Race" is one of the best comedies ever! It has a lot action,fun and quest! The characters are unique and amazing! The roads to the 2 million dollars are hilarious! And the ending was superb! It's just a MUST WATCH for everybody! I believe it couldn't be better so that's why my final score is 9/10 Expand
natedcOct 10, 2013
This is the funniest movie I've ever seen and just gets funnier the more times I watch it. The cast is incredible. It's like watching 10 good comedies rolled into one. If you like silly humor like Monty Python, classic SNL, etc you will loveThis is the funniest movie I've ever seen and just gets funnier the more times I watch it. The cast is incredible. It's like watching 10 good comedies rolled into one. If you like silly humor like Monty Python, classic SNL, etc you will love it. If you're pretentious and anal you might not. The "pro" critics missed the boat on this one. Great movie with incredible replay value! Expand
MovieGuysMar 12, 2014
Rat Race had potential to be a funny movie with a hilarious cast, but it's mostly lost in the script and sight gags that don't pan out as much as they should.
Carlinhoscwbr3Aug 14, 2015
The best comedy film ever
One single cast member would have been a funny movie, but there's a lot of talent and great situational comedy. Still laughing after watching 10+ times.
vetorAug 13, 2017
Rate Race is a fun comedy with great actors (Whoopi Goldberg, Cuba Goring J.r, Rowan Atkinson among others), has its comic moments, and ends with a beautiful message.
jonslowDec 9, 2018
Totally non-sense movie. This movie had the potential to be funny. It's much annoying than funny.