Warner Bros. | Release Date (Streaming): May 15, 2020
5.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 62 Ratings
Watch Now
JustinA0621May 15, 2020
this just doesn’t feel like scooby doo. It is just so different and being difference isn’t a bad thing, but this doesn’t feel right, any horror in this movie isn’t there and it’s more of a action movie.
WowieMay 16, 2020
It was looking very promising because of nice character design and CGI, but the story, everything about it (especially jokes and them trying to be more "hip and cool" for modern kids that always had explanation which felt awkward) was bad.It was looking very promising because of nice character design and CGI, but the story, everything about it (especially jokes and them trying to be more "hip and cool" for modern kids that always had explanation which felt awkward) was bad. The very beginning was very nice, but after that everything went down to hell. 90% of the movie was about the typical "i dont need friends!" Drama around shaggy and acoobs, Daphne and Fred had the least lines, it was more about Velma. They decided to go for "only one smart character in team" trope as an excuse to make Daphne and Fred completely lose their personalities. Everything about this movie was one huge cliche from other popular ones. They even tried making their own ",minions" by replacing them with cute baby-looking robots. The movie was blant and boring. It's okay only if your kid prefers flashy CGI over plot. Expand
TheHonestJackMay 15, 2020
Scoob is a woefully bad attempt to "modernize" timeless characters; featuring cringeworthy jokes, surprisingly stilted animation, and a TERRIBLE performance by Will Forte, dont count on Scooby doo to help you catch this waste of time.
Davrosdaleks1May 16, 2020
I found this new Scooby-Doo movie, the first to use computer animation, to be good but with room for improvement.

Let me get this out of the way for Scooby-Doo fans: This isn't the traditional type of story. There isn't a lot of mystery solving or spooky situations. This is more of a superhero adventure. Warner Bros. (which now owns Hannah-Barbera) is trying to start a shared HB universe. So they were more interested in doing a movie using HB characters from more than one show. Scooby was basically chosen as the first lead because he's the most prevalent character.

Shaggy (voiced by SNL/Last Man on Earth's Will Forte) and Scooby (voice-acting veteran Frank Welker) spend a lot of the show working with other HB characters in order to push the shared universe concept. The rest of the Mystery Inc. characters only play supporting roles. I would've preferred the main gang in more of this, but I give the movie credit. This isn't the only SD show or film to focus on just the duo, but I felt that this was the only one where they managed to make it work. (That's right Reluctant Werewolf fans, come at me.)

This may not be a perfect representation of what Scooby-Doo is, but as a movie by itself it's an entertaining children's film. It doesn't have the most ambitious story, but it's fun and upbeat. (I ended up watching this twice.) The best part is the jokes, there are a lot of funny lines.

There are a lot of moments where I felt myself thinking that the movie could have been stronger. The setup in the first few minutes feels rushed. The movie offers an obstacle to Scooby and Shaggy's friendship and confidence, which feels formulaic and forced. However, when it comes to their and other characters' emotional moments, the movie nails it perfectly; no complaints.

Some of the voice actors felt miscast. (Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez sounds too old to be Velma.) Others were good, but couldn't quite make the dialogue pop. The MVP in this is Jason Isaacs, who played Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter, as Dick Dastardly. He completely encaptures the feel of old-timey mustachoid villainey.

The animation is cheaper than say a film from Disney, Dreamworks, or Pixar. (Given how their attempt to create a DC shared universe didn't pan out, I can't blame the WB for being financially cautious. Even the director Tony Cervone was brought from within house.) That having been said, design-wise the entire thing looks great. There is a distinctive colorful look to this. Several characters get redesigned. I know some people don't like it when they mess with characters' classic looks, but I really, really liked how everyone appeared. Really, the design team knocked it out of the park.

I know my jaded adult mind has been critical of this. Plus this isn't my, or probably many other adult SD fans, idea of the ideal Scooby film. (Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island is still the high bar to judge by.) But, I'm pretty sure kids won't have any complaints from this. Plus, I think this won't bug parents if their children rewatch. This is a perfectly decent way to spend your time.
JLuis_001May 16, 2020
The animation is pretty but to be honest there's more heart, humor and fun in the old Scooby Doo cartoons and there's tons of them.
Daniel4746May 15, 2020
Not the the scooby doo I know and love. Don't watch this, I don't think you would like it.
DjonniStormMay 15, 2020
Dudes and other fairy creatures, these are the heroes of not only my childhood and any movie with them immediately becomes cool.
Movie deserves it.
JuanalmMay 15, 2020
Clever, funny, delightful.
So many references to the original material that brought tears to my eyes! A must see, for sure!
tropicAcesMay 16, 2020
Simon Cowell! A cover of "Shallow" from A Star Is Born! The Gates of Hell! This film has it all. It's so tone-deaf and bonkers that I enjoyed the heck out myself. Both ironically and otherwise. Probably great for kids too, I don't know, I'm 25.
CristianJGMay 16, 2020
It's awesome the characters be a personality perfect and this movie needy for we back to room house in family and the this generations know good 90s television
OtacilioMay 15, 2020
This is a great movie. The animation work, the songs, the action and jokes made me laugh and love the history. As a Scooby fan, I was very emotional with a lot of scenes and adored to see the gang interact with other universes!
laureMay 15, 2020
This movie was fun, visually stunning and full of surprises! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
MottahMay 15, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Muito divertido, o filme consegue manter a essência dos desenhos e a originalidade, não se perde ao colocar vários personagens e núcleos e está num ótimo equilíbrio pra agradar tanto aos fãs mais antigos quanto a essa nova geração.Certeza que seria um sucesso de bilheterias Expand
WilsoMay 19, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible! The film is nothing but feminist propaganda with forced characters not matching the metrics of the story. The film massacres the original tv series and the spin off movies. Expand
jrocknycMay 17, 2020
Fred is rendered incompetent, Blue Falcon is a coward, but of course Velma is now superperfect and Blue Falcon's female assistant is too, because women can do anything! Unless they're Daphne, then they're only allowed to look pretty? And menFred is rendered incompetent, Blue Falcon is a coward, but of course Velma is now superperfect and Blue Falcon's female assistant is too, because women can do anything! Unless they're Daphne, then they're only allowed to look pretty? And men are useless!

I was bored, kids were bored, this isn't the Scooby gang...

after ten years of watching all the movies and the Mystery Inc tv show (which we all loved) together, looks like we're done
tingleMay 22, 2020
Who wants to play a game of "Guess the director's politics"? It won't be hard. You'll see it more than you see jokes or Easter eggs. Velma's Halloween costume is Ruth Bader Ginsberg, she dyes her hair purple and complains of toxic MasculinityWho wants to play a game of "Guess the director's politics"? It won't be hard. You'll see it more than you see jokes or Easter eggs. Velma's Halloween costume is Ruth Bader Ginsberg, she dyes her hair purple and complains of toxic Masculinity while looking down on her alleged friends. Fred is now pdumber han Shaggy Expand
eagleeyevikingMay 17, 2020
"Scoob!" is entertaining in parts but never makes for a satisfying whole. It's attempt to be another "Despicable Me" instead of taking inspiration from its usual premise makes it unoriginal and predictable throughout.
PanchogulMay 18, 2020
Dejando de lado la nostalgia, esta película es buenísima, está cargada de acción y diversión presentes a lo largo de toda la aventura y la animación es increíble. Muy recomendable.
RyanElliottMay 23, 2020
I Honestly had hopes for this movie, watched it and all i can say oh.....yeah this wasn't very good, it's probably perfect for little kids which i can understand, because of the jokes. but everything felt forced in this movie, the character iI Honestly had hopes for this movie, watched it and all i can say oh.....yeah this wasn't very good, it's probably perfect for little kids which i can understand, because of the jokes. but everything felt forced in this movie, the character i liked was Dynomutt. 6.1/10 Expand
CmkoReviewsMay 25, 2020
Boring and aimless, this film does everything it can to bring in kids and sell toys, but ignores the fans of the original cartoon completely. A failure.
RobwinzMay 22, 2020
Scoob has a really smooth animation with a great cast of voice actors who do a really good job. Also, another thing which I really liked about this movie would have to be the little hidden Hanna-Barbera references in different scenes, IScoob has a really smooth animation with a great cast of voice actors who do a really good job. Also, another thing which I really liked about this movie would have to be the little hidden Hanna-Barbera references in different scenes, I thought that was quite nice of them to do. Finally, the movie's got some really good songs throughout which is always a good thing. The only negatives which I had with the movie would have to be the plot and it being very predictable. Overall, it's a really lovely animated movie with a great cast who all give a really good job. Expand
IAmaMovieGeekMay 23, 2020
This movie was alright. It had some good funny moments but it has too many pop culture references and turns this into an action movie instead of a real mystery.
BatjokeriddleMay 16, 2020
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Loved this movie great option for kids to rediscover would have been even more awesome if all the Hannah Barbera characters would have been it Expand
CharlesDieserMay 17, 2020
The story seriously departs from the usual plots of the series, when the Corporation "Mystery" solved another riddle with ghosts, monsters and mutants. Now the focus is on what is now popular — superheroes. And this is cool, from a lightThe story seriously departs from the usual plots of the series, when the Corporation "Mystery" solved another riddle with ghosts, monsters and mutants. Now the focus is on what is now popular — superheroes. And this is cool, from a light cartoon you do not need something colossal, and the emotions that it causes are chic. Expand
Stretch679May 17, 2020
Was better than I feared it would be. Animation was good, and the story was OK at best. I enjoyed Dastardly, Dynomutt and Blue Falcon were better than expected...but what a miss with the voice of Shaggy...it was jarring to hear him speakWas better than I feared it would be. Animation was good, and the story was OK at best. I enjoyed Dastardly, Dynomutt and Blue Falcon were better than expected...but what a miss with the voice of Shaggy...it was jarring to hear him speak and was among the worst parts of the movie for me. Stick to the classic cartoons, Be Cool Scooby Doo and the straight to DVD movies until this is at redbox. Expand
Ovie11May 19, 2020
#SCOOB is amazing just like the original show and brought back the classic theme song!! ‪ #SCOOBMovieNight‬. I love how they brought back every character in the Hanna-Barbera universe.
Ariadne33May 19, 2020
It’s a cute movie. No, it’s not like the series and yes, Shaggy’s voice sounds weird, but my children are in love with the movie so much that we’ve seen it 17 times since May 15; it was that that reminded me that it’s a movie aimed towardsIt’s a cute movie. No, it’s not like the series and yes, Shaggy’s voice sounds weird, but my children are in love with the movie so much that we’ve seen it 17 times since May 15; it was that that reminded me that it’s a movie aimed towards kids. Personally, as an adult, it felt different, And they could’ve done better. At the end, I’m just happy that my children are loving Scooby-Doo and I hope will continue to love Scooby-Doo as much as I do. Expand
Current Movie Releases