IFC Films | Release Date: September 11, 2015
7.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 59 Ratings
Watch Now
NickLikesMoviesDec 6, 2015
"Sleeping With Other People" is a charming and lovable romantic comedy boosted by wonderful performances by Alison Brie and Jason Sudeikis. The writing is sharp and witty, the romance is believable, and the characters are strong and"Sleeping With Other People" is a charming and lovable romantic comedy boosted by wonderful performances by Alison Brie and Jason Sudeikis. The writing is sharp and witty, the romance is believable, and the characters are strong and incredibly well-realized. An all-around pleasure. Expand
TrilobiteGJan 5, 2016
Holy **** A perfect Romance Comedy

Holy **** A perfect Romance Comedy

I mean, I am just in awe at how they balanced them out so well, I was both laughing and crying with joy at how much this worked. And brilliant acting from Sudeikis and Brie, these two have so much chemistry it's insane. It is rich in substance and adult humour and you love seeing these two cling on each other, every morsel of this film down to the last second is perfect. Everyone should watch this movie, well...unless you're with your parents.
ydnar4Dec 5, 2015
Sleeping with Other People is one of the best romantic comedies I've seen from the past 5 years. The story is masterfully written, it really ends up being like a perfect 50/50 split of comedy and romance. Leslye Headland is nearly perfect inSleeping with Other People is one of the best romantic comedies I've seen from the past 5 years. The story is masterfully written, it really ends up being like a perfect 50/50 split of comedy and romance. Leslye Headland is nearly perfect in the directors chair for her second effort. However, the real headliners in this movie are Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie. Both these people are excellent in almost everything they do but still seem to go by fairly unnoticed. Sudeikis and Brie give the best offerings of their respective careers and even though the film is a little clichéd the writing on the way there is so great that you really don't care that the script took you there. You may even see some shreds of other rom coms laced in the mix, but the film still feels fresh because it has a great modern twist to it. Undoubtedly one of my favorites this year. Expand
RalfbergsAug 27, 2016
Maybe I don't remember trailer that well, but going into this I thought this will be more a comedy than a romantic movie. I was wrong about that as it did feel like generic romantic movie at times. But that's the only let down because besidesMaybe I don't remember trailer that well, but going into this I thought this will be more a comedy than a romantic movie. I was wrong about that as it did feel like generic romantic movie at times. But that's the only let down because besides that most of the movie was pretty good and I really liked chemistry between Sudeikis and Brie. If you want to watch a romantic movie, this is pretty great, if you are here for the comedy, then it's not that great but still decent. Expand
EpicLadySpongeApr 1, 2016
Sleeping with Other People may work as a comedy but as romantic as it can get, it might need a step-up. Other than that, Sleeping with Other People works as just your average sole comedy.
JunelKeanJun 26, 2017
**** have always been good leads for movies. This perception goes right to Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie in Sleeping With Other People. Jake (Sudeikis), a womanizer with a cheating habit meets Lainey (Brie), a naughty-go-lucky chick who has**** have always been good leads for movies. This perception goes right to Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie in Sleeping With Other People. Jake (Sudeikis), a womanizer with a cheating habit meets Lainey (Brie), a naughty-go-lucky chick who has a habit of screwing every relationship she has.

As their characters meet, it turns out to be the rom-com movie, many fans have been waiting for. It is because of the powerful connection of the two leads and their portrayals that make this romantically funny.

As for flaws, the shifting of shots show how incomprehensible the scenes are. It also has some problems in the underdevelopment of characters in taking their relationship seriously.

VERDICT: Despite of some incoherent scenes and underdeveloped relationships, the undeniable chemistry and overflowing enthusiasm between Brie and Sudeikis make this flick both hot and hilarious.
amheretojudgeJan 16, 2018
my love is conditional..

Sleeping With Other People Starts off breezy and light, surprisingly keeping it real and on the track until it takes a highway in its final acts where things get intense resulting into a "movie" movie if compared to
my love is conditional..

Sleeping With Other People

Starts off breezy and light, surprisingly keeping it real and on the track until it takes a highway in its final acts where things get intense resulting into a "movie" movie if compared to other Jason's installments.
AWESOM-0Apr 7, 2020
This movie is like a 9.5 but I’m giving it a 10 because it’s rare that I like romantic comedies. Alison Brie and Jason Sudeikis are great in this and they are truly believable in their roles.