RKO Radio Pictures | Release Date: February 4, 1938
Universal acclaim based on 142 Ratings
Watch Now
Buy on
timoneApr 30, 2019
OK, so this is Walt Disney's first ever film. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. When I was a kid I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the seven dwarfs cause they're the highlight of this movie and the evil villian is the evil queen. There are some scaryOK, so this is Walt Disney's first ever film. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. When I was a kid I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the seven dwarfs cause they're the highlight of this movie and the evil villian is the evil queen. There are some scary scenes in this when those kids know when the evil queen turned into the evil witch and Snow White running in the forests. The songs are really good, the chase between the seven dwarfs and the evil witch is phenomenal where she fall to her death, the ending makes audience's cry because Snow White died by eating the poison apple by the evil witch and the prince bringing Snow White back to life by kissing her. Everybody is filled with joy and Snow White and the prince lived happily ever after. Oh boy, I love this movie so much and my friend Sam Hudson told me that this is the first Disney film to be a huge box office success! Expand
LadyTremaineOct 14, 2020
Branca de Neve e os sete Anões é simplesmente a animação mais bela que já existiu. O longa nos entrega uma protagonista forte e determinada, que apenas com bondade e pureza consegue alcançar a felicidade, sem precisar usar uma palavra afiadaBranca de Neve e os sete Anões é simplesmente a animação mais bela que já existiu. O longa nos entrega uma protagonista forte e determinada, que apenas com bondade e pureza consegue alcançar a felicidade, sem precisar usar uma palavra afiada se quer. Expand
JPKDec 9, 2019
Classic
Though it’s simple, This is a absolute classic pure and simple. Plus the Witch is f*cking creepy.
AzoulielMar 3, 2019
"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is one of Disney's finest. The craftsman ship and dedication put forth from everyone involved shines through the beautiful score which blends perfectly with the livid and imaginative animation. A lot of soul"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is one of Disney's finest. The craftsman ship and dedication put forth from everyone involved shines through the beautiful score which blends perfectly with the livid and imaginative animation. A lot of soul is evident in this picture and it all comes together to make one hell of a classical movie. Some of the dialogue haven't aged that well, including some portrayal of sexism, but it shouldn't get in the way of enjoying this short and sweet adventure. Expand
DomiWoodOct 5, 2020
An unbelievable and unrivaled achievement in animation history that was only made possible thanks to the genius of Walt Disney himself, it's the 'the Wizard of Oz' of animation.
PanchogulJun 8, 2021
Gracias a este clásico de clásicos es que todas aquellas películas que marcaron nuestras infancias existen a través de los tiempos.
kpmeadeDec 21, 2018
i know i know its a part of history but i think Disney can agree that this movie is very outdated sexism clunky i would recommend this to history peps like me but just prepare for a lot of error
DogeGamer2015Aug 13, 2020
Tal vez tenga una historia muy simple y sea superada por películas recientes, aun así, es un buen inicio para una gran compañía.
kyle20ellisMar 27, 2022
I loved this movie 10 years ago, and I still do. Sure it isn't the same as animation is now, but let's face it, most animation nowadays isn't very good. I can name a plethora of reasons why I love this movie. The animation is beautiful, withI loved this movie 10 years ago, and I still do. Sure it isn't the same as animation is now, but let's face it, most animation nowadays isn't very good. I can name a plethora of reasons why I love this movie. The animation is beautiful, with one or two stiff movements, but have a heart, it is the first Disney animation. The songs are mind-blowing, as well as the gorgeous incidental music(music similar to Great Expectations, 1946) that hardly anybody has mentioned. My favourite is "Someday my Prince Will Come", I cry every time I hear it. The characters are legendary, and the writing is top notch. Who can forget those adorable dwarfs, who added such a lot to this movie. Snow White is the weakest character but I like her innocence very much, and about her singing voice...it sounds weak, but in real life it must have been strong, and let me explain why. The colouratura soprano Amelita Galli-Curci was given the praise "a beautiful and limpid voice" yet I heard it on cassette and it sounds quite quiet. It has nothing to do with the size of the voice, but the quality of the recording. The best character was the wicked queen, who had the most classic animation scene I have ever seen... when she turns into a hag, which freaked me out big time when I was about 9, like Malificent from "Sleeping Beauty." To me the Queen is probably one of the scariest Disney villains ever. The scene at Snow White's coffin was heart-rending, and it was the music that made it so. All in all, a beautiful, funny and touching movie, and I can't believe some people hated this. 10/10. Bethany Cox Expand
KelvinSelimorMay 28, 2021
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Go and sing. A kind and very musical tale. Snow White is over eighty years old, but he is still very colorful and animated. A big plus of this picture is cute and funny gnomes.
JeBjBoJul 23, 2022
"Snow White" can definitely be called a masterpiece - and rightfully so. But even a masterpiece can have its flaws.
meydianarizki21Apr 11, 2021
A Movie Milestone
A Movie Milestone
Where would the animation world be without the humongous success of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? If the movie failed back in 1937, there would be no Disney Company today, no Lion King, and no Disneyland. Disney's Folly, as critics first called it, would probably have scared any other industry from attempting such an ambitious and innovative project. Pixar may not have ever had the chance to put out their groundbreaking features, and even the Disney- and fairy tale-bashing Shrek may never have been made if Snow White didn't set the course for the world of the animated feature.

There must have been tremendous pressure on everyone involved in the making of Snow White, but they did not disappoint. The end result includes a timeless story, classic songs, and beautiful imagery that will live on for future generations to enjoy. In fact, this was only the second movie that captured my nieces' full attention spans (The Lion King being the first).

In my opinion, the story was great but not perfect. It's not as exciting or filled with as much witty remarks as today's animated features, but as soon as the dwarfs are introduced, the movie takes on an endearing lighter side. For the record, my favorite dwarf is Doc, because I can relate to him being a strong leader with some very humanistic follies, such as always getting tongue-tied (I do that myself all too often). All the songs stand out in their own way. `Some Day My Prince Will Come' is a classic, fairy-tale ballad. `Heigh-Ho,' `Dig, Dig, Dig,' and `Whistle While You Work' are great songs to pick up your spirits when you have to go to work, do chores, or do homework. And my favorite, `The Silly Song,' is just a great, catchy, and funny song. As for the imagery, it's just breathtaking, especially considering how early it was introduced. The colors are rich and lively, and the multi-plane camera does add some great depth to the movie.

As you can tell, for an animation and Disney fan like myself, Snow White is a perfect milestone in the movie world. Even compared to the animation and storytelling styles of today, Snow White still stands the test of time. Kudos to everyone involved in this picture as their work will live on forever.

My IMDb Rating: 10/10. My Yahoo! Grade: A+ (Oscar-Worthy)
BrunoVn00Oct 13, 2019
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is still one of Disney's greatest films. This is one of those few movies where I honestly don't find anything truly wrong. It tells a simple and easy to follow story and it does it perfectly. The charactersSnow White and the Seven Dwarfs is still one of Disney's greatest films. This is one of those few movies where I honestly don't find anything truly wrong. It tells a simple and easy to follow story and it does it perfectly. The characters have clear personality and motivations. The lead, Snow White must be one of the best Disney protagonists. She is a very simple character, but there's anything wrong with simplicity. She is one of the most wholesome characters I've seen in an animated movie, like, my God, she deserves heaven. The movie, just like Pinocchio a few years later, shows perfectly the naiveness of a child and how sometimes being too kind to others can lead to bad results (She's supposed to be 14 but she looks older, probably because of the actress that served as a model). Again, it's a simple story, but it works wonderfully. After all, this was from a simpler time in movie history. The songs are beautiful. The emotional moments hit really hard in the feels (I wanted to cry with the ending, so beautiful). This is pretty much a flawless movie. Not the best Disney movie, but what a great start for what would become a giant in the animation industry. My only issue is some dialogue, like some of it has not aged well, making some lines come out as sexist, but it's not a real problem, because it's not like the movie is portraying sexist acts as the correct thing or anything.

Pretty much a must-see for anyone interested in animation and cinema in general.
Theo4Jul 15, 2019
Everyone Must See This Movie ... It's A History Miracle... The Animation Is Insane For 1937
greedybadideaMay 25, 2020
Snow White is a lonely princess living with her stepmother, a vain Queen. The Queen worries that Snow White will be more beautiful than her, so she forces Snow White to work as a scullery maid and asks her Magic Mirror daily "who is theSnow White is a lonely princess living with her stepmother, a vain Queen. The Queen worries that Snow White will be more beautiful than her, so she forces Snow White to work as a scullery maid and asks her Magic Mirror daily "who is the fairest one of all". For years the mirror always answers that the Queen is, pleasing her.

One day, the Magic Mirror informs the Queen that Snow White is now "the fairest" in the land; on that same day, Snow White meets and falls in love with a prince who overhears her singing. The jealous Queen orders her Huntsman to take Snow White into the forest and kill her. She further demands that the huntsman return with Snow White's heart in a jeweled box as proof of the deed. However, the Huntsman cannot bring himself to kill Snow White. He tearfully begs for her forgiveness, revealing the Queen wants her dead and urges her to flee into the woods and never look back. Lost and frightened, the princess is befriended by woodland creatures who lead her to a cottage deep in the woods. Finding seven small chairs in the cottage's dining room, Snow White assumes the cottage is the untidy home of seven orphaned children.

In reality, the cottage belongs to seven adult dwarfs—named Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey—who work in a nearby mine. Returning home, they are alarmed to find their cottage clean and suspect that an intruder has invaded their home. The dwarfs find Snow White upstairs, asleep across three of their beds. Snow White awakes to find the dwarfs at her bedside and introduces herself, and all of the dwarfs eventually welcome her into their home after she offers to clean and cook for them. Snow White keeps house for the dwarfs while they mine for jewels during the day, and at night they all sing, play music and dance.

Meanwhile, the Queen discovers that Snow White is still alive when the mirror again answers that Snow White is the fairest in the land and reveals that the heart in the jeweled box is actually that of a pig. Using a potion to disguise herself as an old hag, the Queen creates a poisoned apple that will put whoever eats it into the "Sleeping Death", a curse she learns can only be broken by "love's first kiss", but is certain Snow White will be buried alive. While the Queen goes to the cottage while the dwarfs are away, the animals are wary of her and rush off to find the dwarfs. Faking a potential heart attack, the Queen tricks Snow White into bringing her into the cottage to rest. The Queen fools Snow White into biting into the poisoned apple under the pretense that it is a magic apple that grants wishes. As Snow White falls asleep, the Queen proclaims that she is now the fairest of the land. The dwarfs return with the animals as the Queen leaves the cottage and give chase, trapping her on a cliff. She tries to roll a boulder over them, but before she can do so, lightning strikes the cliff, causing her to fall to her death.

The dwarfs return to their cottage and find Snow White seemingly dead, being kept in a deathlike slumber by the poison. Unwilling to bury her out of sight in the ground, they instead place her in a glass coffin trimmed with gold in a clearing in the forest. Together with the woodland creatures, they keep watch over her. A year later, the prince from the beginning of the movie learns of her eternal sleep and visits her coffin. Saddened by her apparent death, he kisses her, which breaks the spell and awakens her. The dwarfs and animals all rejoice as the Prince takes Snow White to his castle.
Mutty99Jul 24, 2020
I've mixed feelings with this one. Even if it's a solid classic, some scenes haven't the same standards as others, the way i see it: still, the dwarfs are by far in my list of the most memorable and iconic Disney characters ever created.
Fun
Fun fact: i remember scaring the heck out of myself in the scene where Snow White runs in the forest.
FulanoJun 28, 2021
A nota seria maior se a Disney respeitasse o livro originalA nota seria maior se a Disney respeitasse o livro original ########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################## Expand
extinctedhumanFeb 19, 2021
My all-time favorite film. It's simply wonderful with an spiritual message behind.
omnifaceMar 11, 2021
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. a great movie for more than old times

pros
good graphics
fluid animation
fluid drawings
pretty good sound effects
relatable characters
nice plot

cons
not perfect but comes close
HabibiehakimJul 25, 2021
For an 84 years old film and for the first Disney's fully animated film, i'm super impressed on how great and incredible the animation look like, added with a beautiful song from the film, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs deserve to becomeFor an 84 years old film and for the first Disney's fully animated film, i'm super impressed on how great and incredible the animation look like, added with a beautiful song from the film, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs deserve to become Disney's first Masterpiece. Expand
BrokenChildJul 15, 2022
Woah, this movie made me shed some tears, being the first animated movie, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs is flawless and I liked everything about this movie. The story, the characters, and etc. Snow white is a beautiful princess and she hasWoah, this movie made me shed some tears, being the first animated movie, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs is flawless and I liked everything about this movie. The story, the characters, and etc. Snow white is a beautiful princess and she has a beautiful voice. This movie is perfect and Snow White is by far the best disney princess. Expand