Well Go USA Entertainment | Release Date: April 6, 2018
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 111 Ratings
Watch Now
NewageLightbulbJul 20, 2018
What a pile of garbage. From the very beginning there is no attempt to establish a believable relationship between the brothers or deal seriously with the 'cult'. The two escapees actually refer to it as 'the cult', which is something peopleWhat a pile of garbage. From the very beginning there is no attempt to establish a believable relationship between the brothers or deal seriously with the 'cult'. The two escapees actually refer to it as 'the cult', which is something people dealing with such a situation wouldn't do. Then they engage in painful faux-hilarious banter, stumble across their mom's graveyard which is mysteriously along the side of the road to the cult, and other stuff that just feels forced and BS and millenial. This is a 100% millenial movie: written by someone who hasn't had any experiences, grew up on a trust fund, and tries to write characters he doesn't understand. Pointless garbage. Expand
metoooOct 12, 2018
No Spoilers-- I'm a film buff and I love complex, intelligently scripted cinema. This is not that. It's an interesting concept, but one that will likely fall flat with most viewers. The concept is intriguing, but not very fleshed out. TheNo Spoilers-- I'm a film buff and I love complex, intelligently scripted cinema. This is not that. It's an interesting concept, but one that will likely fall flat with most viewers. The concept is intriguing, but not very fleshed out. The character development is quite thin, and most of the scenes are boring. It's very similar in execution to Looper, in that it thinks it's a smarter movie than it really is. I really do not recommend the time to watch this, unless if you're watching it by yourself and curious (it's on Netflix), or you were a fan of Looper. I imagine all the top reviews are from people who enjoyed that film, but, and I stress, this is a very nice group of viewers that you are probably not a part of.

A great alternative: Annihilation with Natalie Portman. Also on Netflix! Or if you want something "genre defying", try Upgrade. Both are cerebral and very entertaining, neither of which are qualities I would give The Endless.
movieaterNov 3, 2018
Totally a waste of time. Roughly made, a meaningless mysterious story. Kind of cult.
Mauro_LanariDec 9, 2020
(Mauro Lanari)
Where "The Endless" would be a true masterpiece of Lovecraftian cosmic horror, a David Lynch meets Stuart Gordon meets Don Coscarelli?