Quiver Distribution | Release Date: August 30, 2019
3.9
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 27 Ratings
Watch Now
TheQuietGamerOct 5, 2019
I'm a Limp Bizkit fan. I love their loud, brash, and aggressive sound. However, I'm often left perplexed by Fred Durst's lyrics. Sometimes there's a clear message there and others all I can gather is that it's just a bunch word vomit whereI'm a Limp Bizkit fan. I love their loud, brash, and aggressive sound. However, I'm often left perplexed by Fred Durst's lyrics. Sometimes there's a clear message there and others all I can gather is that it's just a bunch word vomit where confusion seems to be the only rational reaction. You can probably guess which type The Fanatic more closely resembles...

In this clash between action movie star and obsessed fan it's never clear who you're supposed to be rooting for. "Moose" is a clearly autistic man who just doesn't know any better, but that doesn't make him any less dangerous. "Hunter Dunbar" is world-class jerk who definitely could handled the situation better, but it's hard to fault him for getting aggressive when faced with a stalker that crossed the line. Perhaps we're not supposed to sympathize with either of them in the end. Which would have been acceptable had there been some kind of meaning to all of this, but alas there doesn't appear to be any. So that violent conclusion just ends up leaving a bad taste in your mouth.

It's not even like The Fanatic really does all that much wrong. The humor it tries to mine from Moose's childlike behavior feels out of place and may not sit well with some as it comes at the expense of the mentally ill, but I wouldn't straight garbage or anything like that. It's just that without anything to say for itself the film's most notable qualities end up being John Travolta's all in, yet strangely terrible performance and the fact that it's entirely the brainchild of Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst. Both of which are certainly interesting, but not enough to make the movie worth watching given the considerable lack of substance.

5.5/10
flametail23Sep 8, 2019
This movie is amazing! it's so unintentionally funny that I almost gave it a 10/10. Everyone needs to see this movie just to see how much of an entertaining dumpster fire it is.
bartcbemSep 26, 2019
The movie sure is not great, to be honest its one of those "so bad its good" and oh boy, for the Travolta performance its worth your hour and a half time. The guys acting is insane here, if you consider it good or bad its remarkable!
JLuis_001Sep 21, 2019
Is this John Travolta finally touching bottom? I mean I wasn't expecting anything from himr nor from Durst but still this sucked big time.
bfoore90Sep 16, 2019
Creeps into "So Bad it's good territory" and may one day overtake The Room as one of the best bad movies ever made. Travolta is so blatantly over-the-top, he's worth the price of admission alone. Everyone needs to see this movie if you enjoyCreeps into "So Bad it's good territory" and may one day overtake The Room as one of the best bad movies ever made. Travolta is so blatantly over-the-top, he's worth the price of admission alone. Everyone needs to see this movie if you enjoy bad movies Expand
imthenoobDec 25, 2019
It really does border on being so bad, it's good but at the end of the day, The Fanatic is just an awful movie. Travolta is a shell of his former self and doing trash movies like this is just a constant reminder of how hard someone can fallIt really does border on being so bad, it's good but at the end of the day, The Fanatic is just an awful movie. Travolta is a shell of his former self and doing trash movies like this is just a constant reminder of how hard someone can fall once past their prime. Expand
MarkTakayamaSep 5, 2020
I like John Travolta's passion. He tries to be funny and serious. But this doesn't look like a great movie. Thank you for your time, Mr.Travolta.See you at the next movie!
JPKDec 18, 2019
Laughably Awful
This film is so f*cking horrendous that it had me in stitches.
MrMorphzMay 15, 2020
Dont be fooled by the initial hate this movie is receiving. This is a cult classic!
Travolta gives an explosive performance that isn't always managed well by the film's director Fred Durst, but thats what adds to the charm. This is Tommy Wiseau funny. This is Nicholas Cage crazy. This has to be seen to be believed.