Amazon Studios | Release Date (Streaming): February 12, 2021
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 10 Ratings
Watch Now
norseFeb 13, 2021
This movie was a perfect surprise for our early valentine's day celebration.

This movie was a perfect surprise for our early valentine's day celebration.

It's taking after Ground Hog day and About Time with incredibly well written dialogue, believable characters that are made real by fabulously talented actors. The turns and twists are devoid of false drama, and this is one of the few movies that does without cringy moments and misguided attempts at heightening suspense artifically.

There is absolutely nothing I didn't love about it, which was a surprise given the usual fare on streaming services.

Highly recommended.
MetacrititFeb 13, 2021
Typical Lev Grossman themes

- The protagonist is not the protagonist, which he eventually realizes - Dealing with depression - Subversion: time loop is supposed to be fun, but they're doing low key, boring stuff instead - The guy is the
Typical Lev Grossman themes

- The protagonist is not the protagonist, which he eventually realizes
- Dealing with depression
- The guy is the mediocre one, the girl is the smart one
- The protagonist doesn't know what to do with his life, the lost generation thing

I remember you (Lev) giving a talk, saying you really came into your own and found your voice with the Magicians. Is this what voice is - a few tropes mashed together? The movie was passable, but I wish you'd write a novel instead. Once you got the TV money, the eye of the tiger was gone, wasn't it? Too bad. We're your real fans, but you've ditched us as soon as an opportunity came up.
JLuis_001Feb 13, 2021
Been-there, done-that, and it's getting tedious. I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just saying there's nothing crucial here. The director also made ''Sierra Burgess Is a Loser'' for Netflix, so you get the idea.